Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elly001
Oh, I don't want to give them parents - I LOVE the fact that they're a family with no parents. But I would have liked for them to have memories etc of their parents' death, and for their deceased parents to show up on the family tree. And (this, not so much, because I can quickly get them to that point in-game, but it still would have been nice) them to have the relationships with each other that their biographies imply they should have. The teenage boy will apparently do anything for his brothers and sisters, according to his biography, but his relationship panel suggests he doesn't even like them that much! Madness!

Anyway, I've moved them into that cheap city center tower block, the one next to the trailer park, and the whole family is crammed into two tiny bedrooms and a living space. Should be interesting. :D

OMG!!! I did the same thing! Its very interesting! lol Taking care of all those kids going to school and work! Iv never seen so much homework! :gonemad:
Advertisement
#27 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 9:39 PM
I moved Julian Cooke into the Newson household and sent Ginger/Gavin to university. They do deserve a chance at life after all and once they graduate they are going to live back home with their siblings

I love playing Samantha though and her new family. It's good. I want a witch only family to carry through for a few generations
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by charlie-chan
I moved Julian Cooke into the Newson household and sent Ginger/Gavin to university. They do deserve a chance at life after all and once they graduate they are going to live back home with their siblings

one of my sims met the middle bro (the kid) and i planned to age him up so they could end up together. but when i found out that they didn't have parents, i thought it would be interesting to leave them as they are...so i moved them into the same apartment as the sim i had originally intended for him (she's a witch) Then i turned Gavin into a good witch and Ginger into a bad witch, i was planning to make Gavin take care of everybody while Ginger went off being totally selfish...haven't done all that yet though :D

i'm going CRAZY with the witches, love 'em, can't get enough of 'em...my young adult witch turned her entire dorm...and i'm planning on turning the entire neighborhood :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 8:29 PM
ive never played witches yet, who's discovered the hidden lot?

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#30 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 8:47 PM
I stopped playing belladonna cove when my Newsons wouldn't age. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I aged the toddlers up (I dispise toddlers and infants) with InSIM. but they never aged. Im trying again with the baldwins and I will try very very hard not to age thier toddlers up. But if he plays in the toilet JUST once and he's surrounded by toys ZOT! he's on his way to kindergarten.
#31 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happyjme
Its believed that they named the neighborhood BellaDonna Cove for a few different reasons.
One- Bella Goth.

+ Don Lothario.
Remember, he was the one she was last seen with. Maybe they found the place through Don's telescope that night!? Isn't that woman statue of Bella Goth? I was really hoping Belladonna will be where we'll finally find real Bella. Not that I care much but still.. Would be intriguing :D

At the meantime I really enjoy playing Belladonna, especially the Newson family. Never been so attached to premade neighbourhood. Well, apart from Pleasantview of course.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by broo
+ Don Lothario.
Remember, he was the one she was last seen with. Maybe they found the place through Don's telescope that night!? Isn't that woman statue of Bella Goth? I was really hoping Belladonna will be where we'll finally find real Bella. Not that I care much but still.. Would be intriguing :D

At the meantime I really enjoy playing Belladonna, especially the Newson family. Never been so attached to premade neighbourhood. Well, apart from Pleasantview of course.

I'm not really up on all the mysteries, stories.l. etc.. But I saw Bella's Tombstone, I forget which neighborhood, but it was on a lot with a mini cemetery amongst many other tombstones. Might have been the Goth house. I rarely play NPC houses, but sometimes check them out.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#33 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by broo
I was really hoping Belladonna will be where we'll finally find real Bella.

The real Bella is in Pleasantview. Never really been missing, just inaccessible.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#34 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
The real Bella is in Pleasantview. Never really been missing, just inaccessible.

Yes, I know but according to the story she is missing. Let's pretend we don't use cheats and don't know what SimPE is
Althought, then we would probably believe that Strangetown Bella is the real one..
Have to think about that a little bit :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 4:51 PM
broo, i wish that happened. that would be so call lol
Don: Look babe, a new undiscovered town, i'll name it after you and you can hide there until morty dies and we inherit all his possesions and cash. *points to telescope*
Bella: Yeah ok! See you suckers in The Apartment Life EP. *waves*
haha,
anyway my fav family is them sisters i gavce them make-over and got quite attached :D

Mad Poster
#36 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkLolita
I stopped playing belladonna cove when my Newsons wouldn't age. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I aged the toddlers up (I dispise toddlers and infants) with InSIM. but they never aged. Im trying again with the baldwins and I will try very very hard not to age thier toddlers up. But if he plays in the toilet JUST once and he's surrounded by toys ZOT! he's on his way to kindergarten.

I take it you don't know about the playing in toilet fix available at moreawesomethanyou then? They corrected it so that toddlers will only play in a toilet if they are in a bad mood which is how it should have been to begin with.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#37 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 1:08 AM
I got Apartments Life two days ago and I haven't really had much time to play lately. But I really love Belladonna Cove. It is like a real city! And it has different classes and social groups. I have only played my custom family but I am looking forwards to play some of the maxis sims. Especially The DeBateaus, the Cordial sisters (Lilith and Angela!!!), the Baldwins and Jessica Peterson. Some families seemed pretty filler. I deleted the Goodies. What's up with after-seasons simbin families? They are all filler with no relationships, family tree or history. Why not take time to develop the simbin families too? Like they did with the Singles, Ajay Loner and the Oldies? I think Belladonna Cove had too many sims. I hope I will have time to touch them all!
Scholar
#38 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 9:06 AM
I haven't played Belladonna Cove much but I quite liked the families that I looked at. It's a nice mix of urban and suburban and for the first time since Maxis started making new hoods I have become interested in one of them (ie. hoods)

As people keep saying, it's a pity that Maxis didn't develop the bin families more. I was very annoyed that the bin families are in every neighbourhood - again! Enough, already! I really liked how the base game bin families fitted in with each of the three hoods. And there were specific new playables for each of the universities and with the Maxis Downtown and business district. Then with Pets Maxis went stupid and we got Cyd Roseland and the Critturs everywhere. They followed it up with the horror faces that are the Ottomas brood from Seasons (plus the Ramaswamis whose "history" says they moved to Riverblossom Hills - so why are they in every single family bin?), then we got MORE bin families with BV and again with FT. By the time you move in the various families you get from AL, there are more bin families living in a hood than there are actual original hood occupants.

Don't get me wrong - I like the Newsons (that's Ginger in my avatar!), most of the bin families in fact and I actually don't care that the Ottomas family were hit with the ugly stick. I play for the characters not their beauty. But putting more and more families in the sim bin until they start to outnumber hood residents is ridiculous. I wish that for those EPs where they added a hood, Maxis had actually bothered to to what they did with the first lot of EPs - made the bin families hood specific and given them proper family trees and backstories that made them fit into the new neighbourhood.

I've moved all the bin families into Strangetown and now I'm getting clean hidden sub-hood templates so I can get rid of them from every other hood. I like them. I just don't want to see them over and over and over and over...

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
#39 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 9:45 PM
I actually love this Nhood. Usually, i think the maxis ones are pretty boring, but this one is beautiful, the simmies dont look like freaks (most of them) and it was a great place to get started, as i had to re-install all my games (my hdd crashed, so i had lost my simmies anyway)

I havent played with the maxis simmies yet. I hardly ever bother. xD
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 9:11 PM
I have to say, I was very impressed with this neighborhood. Normally, it's very boring, but they did a nice job. It feels like you are in a city instead of a suburb, and the townies aren't bad looking at all.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 9:43 PM
wintergirl: the townies are the best townies ever!! i had a real looker paperboy the other day - and a real good townie called bj i loved his genes <3 red hair + green eyes!! :DD a total change from boring maxis - brown eyes brown hair - blonde hair greay eyes,
And engram i was annoyed about the families aswell - they tick me right off that they're in every hood

i hav'nt played many of the other families yet , only the sisters.. I hope to play a lil more this weekend though :D

Lab Assistant
#42 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 4:37 PM
I haven't played Belladonna Cove, but my brother has. The town looks way too crowded to me, but I might try it out sometimes.

So Bella Goth in Strangetown isn't the real one? I did not know that... *goes to read the Bella thread*
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 8:52 PM
I love how crowded it is. It's like a real city, with a poor neighborhood, a rich one, and a middleclass one. I love the layout and the families. In Riverblossom Hills and Desiderata Valley, the families and their stories were shallow and dull. In Belladonna Cove they are more like the base hoods -- all intertwined. I also think Maxis strayed away from the cartoonish ugly and more towards the realistic ugly with the faces. There are ugly folks -- the Gavigan woman, to name one -- but they're not ridiculously, exaggerated ugly. I like it.
I've been playing with the Newsons, moved them into the City Center Lofts. They're coming along fine, and the "Ask to Watch Kids" option for neighbors is a godsend.
I also really love the DeBateaus! Their apartment is so gorgeous and Tara is cute in a funny-looking way.

We are the lucky ones
Your mother's daughters, your father's sons
Don't you grow old before your time
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 12:47 PM
I have been having way too much fun renovating different community lots in Belladonna Cove. I think I've decided that I want a break from my legacy neighborhood and I like the new neighborhood. I love the giant statue of Bella in the middle of everything. I really like the way that a number of buildings look. I loved the the library's exterior; I just set things up inside so that everything I wanted was there. I also liked the exteriors of the art museum and the gym but I didn't like the insides one bit. I made the gym into a cute little Asian themed place without too much trouble, and I can't wait to take my sims to the park with all the equipment.

I thought for sure I'd pick a sim to play tonight but I went all Zen just renovating and setting up the neighborhood. I'm going to be using the buildings that are already there for whatever I want. I figure, since I'm going to be starting with a destitute sim they won't have the money or space for much, so they'll be using public lots a lot. I want to actually want to use the community lots in the neighborhood.

I really like how central everything is in the Cove. You don't need Bluewater or Downtown or anything else, unless you want your sims to go to college. I'm not sure I want to add a university yet, since who knows when I'll be sending anyone school.

Come read my first Sims story in ages (for TS4): http://msrebeccawest.tumblr.com/
#45 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 5:18 AM
I moved into there as soon as I got the new town... crumblebottom hits me with her purse daily.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 7:21 PM
I love this hood. It's the only Maxis hood I have played for longer than a day. Although I created a new family that I am playing now. The first sim I played with was Jessica Peterson. I decided she will be a gold digger and I think I made her woohoo with that older guy who used to be a boxer or something. She moved out of the trailer, I gave her a makeover and made her live in one of the nicer apartments. But apparently, she's still the same trailer trash LOL She fights with anyone. I can't make her go to a community lot without having fist fights, even with guys. LOL So I just play with my custom sim instead.
Page 2 of 2