Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 3:18 PM
Default Renting apartments furnished
I was on another board and someone said you can rent an apartment furnished if you shift click on the door.Has anyone been able to do this?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 3:23 PM
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...nting_Furnished

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 3:29 PM
Yes then it's true then.Thanks for the link.That will save me a lot of time.
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 3:39 PM
Learn something new every day! Thanks =)
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 4:20 PM
Your welcome.I figured a lot of people didn't know about this and I just found out myself.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 2:16 AM
can someone tells me which districts have which gangs?
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 2:33 AM
It's in classes.

Gearheads - Low
Bohemians - Low/Middle
Jocks - Middle
Techies - Middle/High
Socialites - High

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 6:26 AM
I tried this yesterday and today and both times it works.This is an awesome cheat
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 11:02 AM
Just for information: when you rent a furnished apartment in debug mode, the rental price is the same as if the apartment was rented unfurnished (the rent price in any case is influenced by apartment size and cless, not furniture quality). When your sim moves out of that flat, all furniture that is not put in the sim's inventory is 'sold' and the money added to the family fund. This means that when I move my impoverished sim into a furnished flat, he becomes very rich when he moves out. It may be good for a 'cheat' or if you don't mind about money, but bear this in mind if you are trying to play without using money cheats! Of course, if you then move another sim into that empty flat, you can still rent it furnished (the furniture wasn't really sold when your sim moved out!) so your original apartment design is not affected by the cheat.
Alchemist
#10 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 2:02 PM
Wonder if the staythings shrub works for when the sim moves out... ?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 6:02 PM
Hmmm, interesting- that could stop the funds being added. I'll have to look on Simlogical!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 3:15 AM
So what if my sim moved into an empty flat, then furnish it, and moved out, does the furnitures stay in that flat too?
Theorist
#13 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 6:37 AM
Took me three times reading your post to realize that by flat you mean apartment... Anyway I think they will be gone, just like how a house will be empty when the sims move out. But I could be wrong though...
#14 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Took me three times reading your post to realize that by flat you mean apartment...

That's how we call them in Europe (and probably everywhere else in the world apart from US) As long as I know, apartment is more American term.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#15 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 10:32 AM
simsample - The staythings shrub doesn't do anything (and last I checked, has not been updated for Apartment Life anyway). I'd tried it a few days ago in trying to get the Uber-Megahood to work for apartment dwellers (when I'd attach Belladonna Cove, everyone living in an apartment would disappear so I had to move them out before attaching it and move them back in afterward to make it work). Behavior of the game with and without the shrub is identical and the shrub itself disappears from the house after move out. Makes sense though considering the coding for apartment dwellers moving out is different from normal.

Brad2006 - No, because in that case, the furniture is your sim's. Basically, the game keeps track of two sets of furniture: The stuff that was there when the apartment was built, which will disappear when you move a sim in normally but stays if an apartment dweller NPC moves in... and stuff that you put in after your sim moves in, which is considered your sim's furniture and is sold on move-out.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#16 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 7:13 PM
retired moderator
#17 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 7:22 PM
You'd have to try it. Maybe, maybe not. Because that was pre-Apartment Life and the coding for apartment furnishings being sold/staying is different from the base game, I'd wager no - probably would allow you to move out with the one sim but wouldn't release the apartment so it could be moved into by other sims.

It'd be real easy, though, to take note of your sims' cash before moving out and then just use the familyFunds cheat to set it back to where it should be, if you don't like the fact that they get a funds boost when moving out of a furnished apartment. Sure, it's a cheat, but it's a cheat to counteract a cheat, so I'd call it even.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Field Researcher
#18 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 5:29 AM
I was able to rent furnished apartment in the trailer lot without any cheat, haven't try the others

boy, witch are boring and hassleful
retired moderator
#19 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 8:54 AM
Brad2006 - Then you have a hack or something for it because it does require a cheat or a hack to access. It's not a normal option. Maybe you got Carrigon's hack for it.

#20 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 10:22 PM
Carrigon at sims2workshop has a debug hack that lets you rent a furnished flat. Of course, you have to register.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 11:11 PM
nope, I got my hacks from maty, mts2, insim, djs sims, sw, and twojeffs

the only hack about build mode is inge jones' no unsetting route block flag, but that's more for a locked door
retired moderator
#22 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 12:07 AM
Then you have something conflicting or bringing it up because it's not normal to have an option to rent furnished without either using testingcheatsenabled and shift-clicking, or having a hack that brings up the door options.

Field Researcher
#23 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 11:49 PM
The option is still normal, not the rent furnished option, I guess its a good bug...
Field Researcher
#24 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 7:03 AM
I've found that the option to 'rent furnished' isn't available until after the landlady greets the character- any action in the queue, apparent or not, will block it, I believe.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 2:45 PM
Carrigon made a hacked Apartment Life door mod which offers the 'rent furnished' option;

http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=2900
Locked thread
Page 1 of 2