Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 7:11 AM
Well, I started the game with the FT executable.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 7:40 AM
Thanks all. I'm so scared that I won't be able to get Apartments b/c of securom. I'll be a crying mess if I can't play it. But thanks about the sp tips. I'll go buy it now.
#28 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by brilliantcat
Just a note, apparently it's not compatible with the MATY lot debugger. Many of the options will not work at all, if the lot debugger even shows up for you. Some people say it's not in their catalog, some say they can't get it to work if it does... As long as there are issues with my sacred batman box, I won't be touching this SP with a 10 foot pole

It breaks the phone hack as well. I had it installed, and when I saw that, and the fact that pes doesn't have it yet, I uninstalled. No way I can play without those two.
Theorist
#29 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by divinebovine
Ooh, check the refrigerator to see if your sims can make Swedish Meatballs

Well, one of the startup messages is "Simmering Swedish Meatballs"
#30 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zizismommy
It breaks the phone hack as well.:

which one? theres multiple phone hacks out there!
#31 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 11:58 AM
There is only ONE phone hack, and that's pescados'. That's the only one I use anyway. Anywho he updated it. :P
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../boardseen.html
#32 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:26 PM
This has to be the 1st stuff pack that I won't get.

I mean, IKEA? What you layout the room with the new objects a day later they all fall apart?
Instructor
#33 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:31 PM
Got the SP. Objects are nice, but not worth the price.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by adeadfaerie
This has to be the 1st stuff pack that I won't get.

I mean, IKEA? What you layout the room with the new objects a day later they all fall apart?

That's silly. Is that why you aren't getting it? Objects don't fall apart in the sims, at least not like how you are thinking. It's just Ikea objects for the look, they don't come apart in the game.
#35 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:48 PM
yes i am kidding btw.

I know objects don't fall apart in the game.
Alchemist
#36 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:51 PM
i know how you mean, ive had some bad furniture from there.

I dont think im going to get this though because most of the things dont appeal to me but i will probably end up getting it (influenced by everyones great room pics!)
Field Researcher
#37 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 1:33 PM
I got it. The thing I like best about this SP is that it provides much more variety for low-end items. Now my Sims have new ways to be cheap!

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Test Subject
#38 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 3:55 PM
I agree, as most of the stuff in the pack was priced very inexpensively. The sims I was playing through University at the time I got the pack were delighted that the house they were renting suddenly didn't look like terrible thanks to the new cute items.

I'm still scratching my head over house a stuff pack of all things could have managed to break hacks, but now that they're updated, I think I like this stuff pack.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 5:52 PM
I just ordered Ikea Stuff and Kitchen and Bath Stuff from Amazon.com today. I like the items I've seen in photos. I know there was an issue with the Fridge not showing leftovers but they've patched it already.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 7:48 PM
I got it . It's great. there are a lot of beautiful things... I'm very happy about this pack
Field Researcher
#41 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by adeadfaerie
yes i am kidding btw.

I know objects don't fall apart in the game.

unless you have a cat >.< hah.

I may get it, I've liked a lot of the things I've seen from it. I just got the kitchen & bath stuff pack a few weeks ago and I love it. I hadn't been buying the stuff packs because the first couple I got were pretty much worthless, but they seem to have gotten better.
Test Subject
#42 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 1:01 AM
I think if your Ikea stuff falls apart at home then you've probably got yourself to blame for assembling it shoddily.

I like Ikea. Sure, it's 'soulless' and 'conformative', but it's also practical, cheap and cuts out a potentially ethically unsound middle-man by requiring you to put together the crap yourself.

I also really like Ikea's translation into Simmish. I think I'll get this SP. We-ell, I just got some money from my grandma for painting her house, and I've got nothing else to splurge on.
Test Subject
#43 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 9:14 AM
Got it, installed it, didn't get a chance to look at it, really....the audio clipping was the worst I've ever had since an unpatched BV.

So, it came right the heck back out. It's a shame, too, 'cause I like Ikea. Shame too, because except for the hosed Pets EP, I've got the whole collection. :weep:

Oh well, if EA patches it, I might have another go.

"Its not that there are too many idiots, but that the lightning ain't distributed right." Mark Twain
#44 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 10:10 PM
Has anyone checked out the two houses that came with the Stuff Pack? I've just moved someone into the lower priced one and it looks great. Haven't checked the more expensive one out.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#45 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 11:31 PM
I always love the Maxis houses, they have new lots with each EP and SP. The larger Ikea one is nice, and could be easily altered to add more rooms. It has a nice little TV lounge.
#46 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 11:34 PM
I'm going to have to go check that one out now then lol
Scholar
#47 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 11:37 PM
I went to Target today and it's sold out LOL Best Buy has it on sale for $15. I haven't called them yet to see if it's in stock. Probably do that tomorrow. I like this SP.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 12:36 AM
I just got it a few days ago!
I really like this stuff pack, all the objects seem really nice so far. It probably will be a new favorite of mine!
#49 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 1:28 AM
My boyfriend brought it for me today as a surprise.. lol!

The other stuff pack I've got installed is Teen Style Stuff so I thought it would be like that.. Not very useful unless you've got children/teenagers.

I was wrong though. I created my own house today and filled it with Ikea furniture. Due to this, both my sims' environment scores were nearly maxed out. It's great to actually have matching furniture.

Talking about things not included, I wish they had included the bathroom stuff too.

If you are all about how you decorate your house and how you use the items then this is the SP for you.
#50 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 3:44 PM
I really like it as well.
Page 2 of 3