Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 77 (Who?), Viewed: 29372 times.
Page 2 of 4
#26 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 8:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgi
There is an item that I downloaded from MTS2, 'Apple of the teacher's eye' or something it was called. Its an aspiration reward and you can bribe the headmaster with $5,000 to let your kids into private school. There is a problem with it though. If you succeed, the headmaster goes home. But the headmaster scenario continues, and if you have less than 90 points when you bribe him (of course) it says at the end that you didn't get into private school, when you did. Not sure about memories, but it's in a bit of a pain. Good for a last minute resort, though.

Anyone else downloaded it and had a similar problem?

I do have that mod, but I rarely use it. Anyway as far as I remember, it is intended to be used without going through the headmaster scenario at all. You put it on the lot and click on it, the fee gets taken out of your funds and the kids get into private school. No need for calling the headmaster at all. I think the person who made it even implented a feature that makes the action fail, if the sim who made the offer is not in gold or platinum. The money still gets taken out of your account, but your children won´t be accepted.

On another note, I never cheat for money and I have the MATY fix, but even with all the other MATY hacks, that increase bills and make jobs and therefore promotion harder, my sims are never short of cash. It is so very easy to get a lot of money in the game, that paying those fees never has been a problem for me. I only put sims in private school, if the teen or parent has a want for it, though.
Test Subject
#27 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 2:56 AM
The easiest and most consistently successful way I've found to get into private school is if you have Mr. Mickels, the voodoo dummy from Bon Voyage. Have a sim use it for friendship on the headmaster as he gets out of the car. Then all schmooze interactions will pay off well. Tour the house, and usually you don't even have to serve him dinner.

Works like a charm.
#28 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 2:59 PM
Thanks! This is really helpful!!!
Field Researcher
#29 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 5:11 PM
I found that Schmooze interaction has a chance of failing, which I believe is linked with the Charisma skill of the Sim initiating it (perhaps the Nice and/or Outgoing personality points too, really unsure). I also believe that the more you Schmooze, the higher the chance of failure. However, a successful Schmooze gives a lot of point in a short period of time.

Usually I try to talk a lot instead, or doing other interactions which have a good impact on relationship points, as this is what really counts. I so tend to do one Schmooze at some time, but no more, particularly if a lots of points are missing by the end of the evening to satisfy the Headmaster.

Being a player from the original The Sims where bathrooms gave a real hit to the Room (now called Environment) need, I always try to decorate my bathrooms well so that my Sims like to do their things there. There, I can tell Headmasters do like my bathrooms, so I'm free to show them to them and I get the score. I don't believe the Headmaster cares about what room you show him, all he cares about is that the room looks good (high environment score). Try going next to a source of light before asking him to watch as the Environment score there is higher. The Headmaster (and actually all other Sims) hate viewing dark corners (I use the Gunmod's Radiance Light System mod, which gives a very good visual cue as to where light sources have their real effect).

Having a skilled Sim to prepare the dinner is best. Try to select the best meal he can if possible (perhaps avoiding the hardest one if you want to avoid burning it and being forced to prepare another one). Do not ever serve him burnt food. It is not necessary to go with the hardest meal possible, as I found hamburgers work well too. Mac & Cheese however does not give maximum points. For story purpose, I like to have a teen prepare the dinner if he/she has 3-4 points or more.

Once I had the mother prepare the meal in advance, that is well before the Headmaster arrived. As the other members of the family were getting ready (choosing their best outfit, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, ...) she went on and ate her dish right away without waiting for dinner time. Once she was done eating, she left the dirty dish on the table and went for other occupations. When the Headmaster arrived, my teen invited him to the table. He sat in front of the empty dish left by the mother, than started to eat. Needless to say, what was left was one single bit. He gave only 2 points to the dinner, despite the fact that it was a really good one. Stupid Sims. The Headmaster wouldn't stop complaining about his empty stomach as the teen spent the rest of the night talking to him in order to accumulate Schmooze points to compensate for the bad meal score, and eventually he succeeded. I'm guessing the Headmaster prepared a sandwich for himself when he got back home.
Test Subject
#30 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 4:54 PM
I doubt what for maxis made that ptivate school! It has no porpose!
Test Subject
#31 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 8:03 PM
I simply use the boolprop at neighborhood view, enter the Lot, raise a parent sim's cooking level to 9, have them max it out (same way, but while their studying for it, to get the "maxed this skill" memory), cook a Lobster Thermodior (or however you spell it), place a plate of it in the sim's inventory, put the rest of the serving in the fridge, then I do the Headmaster scenario.

1) make the greeting sim & the headmaster best friends (right-click, "Make Sim my Contact" until the refreshed Friends panel shows their friendship at 100/100) before greeting the headmaster, then once I see the scmooze is at 60 (almost always), I place the Lobster dinner plate from the inventory to the counter, call for dinner with the headmaster, wait for him to finish his meal, & bingo!, one private school student. ^_^
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 5:30 AM
I think there is some type of issue with feeding the Headmaster salad, because I did that once and he didn't give any points for the food. x.x

"It's the end of the line. I'm the first born. Sick of playing second fiddle. Being third-in-line for everything. Tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel..... There are six things I'm mad about."
Mad Poster
#33 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 6:18 AM
For me it's typically Fortune and Knowledge Sims (primary or secondary aspiration) that roll that want the most. I'm guessing Fortune because it makes them look like all that, Knowledge because they're always interested in learning and they probably feel that they (or their children) will get a better education in private school.

I never select Schmooze. You can gain Schmooze points simply by talking to the headmaster. I've gotten kids into private school with Cooking skill as low as 5 (pork chops) and keep espresso and/or a bar on hand as backup. 10 points for each. I've had Headmasters who had a drink AND had coffee!

If you have a Toddler age up to Child during the visit (obviously when you're trying to get any older children in), if the visit is successful, they'll also be admitted. Had that happen just recently. I just timed it in between the tour and dinner, since I next to never throw birthday parties.

The Headmaster is looking for a satisfying meal and high Environment scores. I've scored as high as 15 for a room, and I find that I only have to show three or four rooms to hit 40. Even if you have only cheap stuff in the house, what matters is Environment.
Test Subject
#34 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 11:39 PM
Where can I get the "pay for private school" mod? I can't find it...

Does it work for AL too?
Mad Poster
#35 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 1:43 PM
Also, I never select Schmooze. I do have a Sim chat up the headmaster occasionally, just select Chat. When you're offering to Give Tour, in the action queue it says Schmooze, so your Sim is already schmoozing. Conversation over dinner also nets you Schmooze points, and so does having a talk over drinks/coffee.
Instructor
#36 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 11:42 AM
I've only had the Headmaster over once. He wasn't impressed and didn't let their daughter in.

It was actually pretty funny. The Headmaster said this isn't the kind of family I want involved with my school, or something like that. And then the father had a nervous breakdown on the floor in front of him. :P
Mad Poster
#37 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 11:54 AM
One thing to do to avoid burnt food: Have your Sim make the meal ahead of time and put it in the fridge, then just select "Get Leftovers" when it's time for dinner. Typically I get children into private school ASAP and one parent might be working. This way the other parent can give tour and the headmaster doesn't have to wait around while the meal is being cooked. It doesn't seem to have any bearing in the score.
Instructor
#38 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 4:34 AM
I've never had a sim go to private school yet, but what's the point in sending them to private school? Is there any difference between private school and regular school besides the uniforms?
Mad Poster
#39 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 4:57 AM
If a teenager is in private school when they look for a job, they start at level 2 instead of level 1 (so they only need one promotion to reach the top of the teen career track). Their Fun isn't depleted as rapidly, and Comfort actually increases.

I always send children/teens to private school if at all possible. They spend less time replenishing Fun before starting homework, which means more time for other stuff, such as skill-building. Plus, on chance cards, public school students get cash; private school students get skill points.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 11:50 AM
I have to admit, I like the skill-giving pop-ups for private school -- I have a mod which makes sims pay for private school, so if they have the money to decorate the house and pay for tuition, they don't need the money.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Theorist
#41 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 3:00 PM
I don't think you need to pay to get to private schools, even though the child/teen's parents memories says so. Anyways, I've often send my teens to private schools (in a proper way- not using inSim) and all the "fund" you need is decorative items for your house.
Test Subject
#42 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 12:55 PM
I actually find it very easy to get my children into private school. I take time decorating my houses(which is the most fun part of the game), so when I give a tour it makes the majority of the points. I also make sure the person with the highest cooking skills prepares the meal. Afterward I tell a joke, admire him, and do just a little schmoozing(sp?) about school and work. I usually have about a minute left and my points will be all the way full.

Also, if I send my children to private school, I send them to an expensive college(Academe' La Tour in my game). Then most of them become Scientist, Lawyers, Nurses, or I choose one to become the Major of the city.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 2:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhanster
I don't think you need to pay to get to private schools, even though the child/teen's parents memories says so.

...I always forget I have a mod which forces paying for private schools, I'm so used to having it in my game.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Instructor
#44 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 3:51 PM
For some reason I have some parents who are great at schmoozing, and others who randomly get + and - points when they do it. My best way to win over the headmaster is to have a kid take him on a tour of the house while a parent cooks dinner. By the time dinner is served the headmaster usually decides that the tour is over. Dinner needs to be something high up on the cooking skill thing -- lobster thermidor, T-bone steak, salmon, etc. I have a couple who likes to fish, and when their kid is school-aged I want to see if the sparkly home-caught fish meal will impress the guy.

After a successful tour (which means each room you take him to has to have a good environment score, I think) and a classy meal, often no schmoozing is needed.
Instructor
#45 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katya_stevens
...I always forget I have a mod which forces paying for private schools, I'm so used to having it in my game.

What mod is it? The original link in this thread for MATY doesn't take you to the mod there, and I tried searching through the site for it with no luck.
Instructor
#46 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 4:43 PM
Oh yeah, annoyance: Madison and Tristan got into private school while Harper was a baby, and then they had to invite the headmaster back to get Harper admitted when she reached school-age. I guess the headmaster wants to speak to the kids personally. But Harper got a different headmaster. I'll pretend that the old headmaster (who called to talk to Tristan while the new guy was visiting!) just retired and was replaced, as opposed to Harper getting admitted to a different school.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 7:55 PM
There's an idea for a hack: once one child is accepted, any subsequent children born automatically start out in private school. One family had three children, same headmaster showed up, showed him the same rooms.
Theorist
#48 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 5:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katya_stevens

Where do you get this mod? I might like to try it :D
Forum Resident
#49 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhanster
Where do you get this mod? I might like to try it :D

It's from MATY, called "privateschoolbillfix", only available in the Director's Cut.

Banned
#50 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 4:22 AM
If you have Seasons, catch some fish and serve it fresh to the headmaster. I did this last time I tried to get kids into private school and ended up with a total score of 111/90 (123%).
Page 2 of 4

Section jump