Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 3937 (Who?), Viewed: 313509 times.
Page 158 of 158
Lab Assistant
#3926 Old Yesterday at 3:01 PM
Since the barre is being mentioned, I thought perhaps this mod might be of help to some. It makes the barre fun for all sims; doesn't change the autonomy level, just makes it add to their fun meter, and to a reasonable (I feel) degree. (I'm puzzled by mods and modded objects that skyrocket Fun almost instantly---why?)

I got it because as one poster in the comments on it said, I didn't understand why it would be autonomous and so attractive, yet cause at least some sims to lose Fun. That made no sense to me. Haven't tested it extensively in my game (barres were not common even for my Music and Dance sims for the very reason that I noticed they drained Fun; I'm in the process of changing that now, thanks to the mod), but what little I've seen of it in action, it works.
Top Secret Researcher
#3927 Old Yesterday at 3:18 PM
It is silly indeed, but realistic according to me.
Ballet, dance or learning any musical instrument CAN drain fun at first, as it is very demanding...Yet, it is very attractive too! Sims wants to learn ballet..but it is hard at first. I am pretty sure, that once a sim is getting good at it, the fun motive does not drain using it.
So I won't look into changing it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Lab Assistant
#3928 Old Yesterday at 3:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
I am pretty sure, that once a sim is getting good at it, the fun motive does not drain using it.


I did not know that! Thank you. Hm, then the only problem for me in terms of it making sense, though, is that all musical instruments are fun no matter what the sim's experience/skill level. I still am not sure how to balance that out---I want some of my Music/Dance OTH sims to dance ballet, but I dislike that they are then the only M&D sims not having fun (until later, I guess, as you say). Because even Dance Together and Classic Dance and the Smustle are all fun.

That's the sort of inconsistency that bothers me and that I try to fix. I'll check on that fun-after-experience thing with the barre, though! That's neat to consider.
Top Secret Researcher
#3929 Old Yesterday at 3:36 PM
Well, depending on what you like and find interesting of course. Same thing happens with gardening. Sims seems to hate it at first, but once they did it a few times, they really enjoy it like crazy. Don't forget that some fun things for ones, are chores to others!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Lab Assistant
#3930 Old Yesterday at 3:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
Well, depending on what you like and find interesting of course. Same thing happens with gardening. Sims seems to hate it at first, but once they did it a few times, they really enjoy it like crazy. Don't forget that some fun things for ones, are chores to others!


Wait, really? Because I have never seen that gardening isn't fun for any sims, no matter whether they have done it before. That happens in your game?
Top Secret Researcher
#3931 Old Yesterday at 3:51 PM
Weird..I just looked into my Hack folder, and I don't seem to have any mods that make gardening fun...you got me wonder.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Lab Assistant
#3932 Old Yesterday at 3:55 PM
Oh, let me clarify. I probably used too many negatives there. What I mean is, gardening is fun for every sim. Nature sim, messy sim, neat sim, sims with non-Nature OTHs, child sims...every sim, as far as I can tell, finds gardening fun from the very first minute. Except for fertilizing, which isn't fun, everything else about gardening is fun all the time.

Edited to add: Maybe that's it! You were thinking they do not think gardening is fun at first because fertilizing is usually the first step?

Which would still leave only ballet as the one M&D subset that cannot be made fun until much later (and there I was thinking maybe you mean that Ballet Exercises are fun, because I know Warm Up is not fun).
Top Secret Researcher
#3933 Old Yesterday at 3:58 PM
sorry! my bad. I read is instead of isn't
It must be personality related as you said. many of my sims look like I am cruel to ask them to garden...lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Lab Assistant
#3934 Old Yesterday at 4:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
sorry! my bad. I read is instead of isn't
It must be personality related as you said. many of my sims look like I am cruel to ask them to garden...lol


Ah. Well, messy sims do not like to rake leaves...that is true. But then again, that doesn't count as gardening, not for badging...so yes, in my game I still cannot think of anything about (what the game considers) gardening that sims do not think is fun, except for the brief periods taken up by fertilizing.

Anyway, if what you mean is just that Ballet Exercises are fun, that is great to know. But I will probably keep using the mod I mentioned anyway, because it already differentiates between Warm Up (only a little fun) and Ballet Exercises (significantly more fun). So I think it includes still a gradient, and probably that is enough for me. I may not be the purist that you are! Nevertheless, thank you for the interesting discussion.
Forum Resident
#3935 Old Yesterday at 4:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natboopsie
Ah. Well, messy sims do not like to rake leaves...that is true. But then again, that doesn't count as gardening, not for badging...


Indeed, raking doesn't. At best, it gives some minor boost to cleaning skill. Only putting the leaves in the compost bin boosts gardening. And while it is essentially also cleaning up (environment improves), I don't believe it does much for that skill.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl
Mad Poster
#3936 Old Yesterday at 4:54 PM
It seems to advance the bar about the same as cleaning things around the house does, to me. It's one of the chores I set sims who need a cleaning point but don't roll wants to skill.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#3937 Old Yesterday at 9:53 PM
@Diovanlestat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diovanlestat
I'd like an invisible ballet barre. My sim lives in the woods amongst the trees and I want her to look like she's dancing naturally. I checked WCIF and google and there's no luck there. Maxis shouldn't have attached this to an object, it should have been made into a simple dance animation that sims can do anywhere.


Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
A bar that looks like a branch would be cool.


After a few more posts about that ballet barre, I decided I had an idea.

So your sim wanted to warmup...so he/she found a nice straight-looking branche and took all the bark off of it. otherwise..ouch the hand.
Planted 2 long nails at both ends, just there, where those cool trees are. Here ya go.
That other sim though, thought just one nail was enough..and didn't have 2 trees anyway.

Careful the nails..ok?!


There is one object (only 2 of the 3 nails shows) and one recolor.
The recolor hides the nails at both ends, to only reveal the one in the middle.
You will need both moveobjects on and boolProp snapObjectsToGrid fasle, to be able to place the barre and the trees to your likings.

Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip Branche_BalletBarre_By_Rosie.zip (32.0 KB, 3 downloads) - View custom content

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Instructor
#3938 Old Today at 12:28 AM
about invisible objects, the player could eventually find them by hovering the mouse over the area.

about Fun; in base game, it is most frequently dependent on the sim's personality and sometimes on Age. and in base game, it seems to be constant from begging to end.
Page 158 of 158
Back to top