Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 7249 (Who?), Viewed: 447260 times.
Page 290 of 290
#7226 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 10:12 PM
There's a couple of chance cards where the Sim can get fired/demoted. They can be frustrating.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#7227 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 10:43 PM
Wouldn't be so bad if the choice made was obviously bad not silly.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#7228 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogz2007
That, or maybe make certain Maxis jobs have a minimum skill amount before you can enter the career track. That, and make completing college mandatory for them. I'd love to see this!

I could swear that a mod already existed which changed which careers that were college mandatory or not. However I couldn't find it, so maybe this mod by Cyjon will work instead?
Scholar
#7229 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 11:17 PM
Thanks for that, Prah. That's a great way to add a bit more realism

I'd love to see a mod which allows gardeners to be called onto a lot on a case-by-case basis and for them to be available 24 hours a day, similar to the nanny.
Field Researcher
#7230 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 2:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prah
I could swear that a mod already existed which changed which careers that were college mandatory or not. However I couldn't find it, so maybe this mod by Cyjon will work instead?

Phaenoh's Uni Major Revamp- Realistic Major to Career Linking. Though with SimPE and its career editor, it's not too hard to figure out how to customize your careers.

"This is subtracting from my arts and crafts time."
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Mad Poster
#7231 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 2:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
Syberspunk wrote a similar mod to Phaenoh's, and it was strongly recommended to me in my University or Not? thread, I believe it has some advantages over Phaenoh's, but I can't remember what. I'll try to post a link in the morning. (It's past my bedtime!)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Turquoise Dragon
#7232 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 3:02 AM
MSD (maybesomethingdunno) has a mod on his tumblr I believe that has this ivy where you can "call" a neighbor to come do things for you. I believe gardening is one of them.
Mad Poster
#7233 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 1:46 PM
The hack by Syberspunk I mentioned in my post last month is his Uni Careers Hack here in MATY. Simsfreq recommended it to me in post #108 in my University. . . or not University? Should I or shouldn't I? thread. She prefers it to Phaenoh's mod because it also offers the option to make certain careers require a *specific* degree. See her post #131 in that thread. (My post #112 is also relevant).

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Test Subject
#7234 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 5:55 PM
Default Like to see... Hacked Tip Jar
I would love to have a hacked/standalone tip jar, which a sim could place in their home or on a business lot without having to perform. Maybe a collection plate sort of thing? I can see its use in public bathrooms, churches, restaurants, etc. Even in a dorm kitchen to collect for food supplies, for example. Something of the kind could work for newly-moved-in sims, as well. Ooh! I can see another related use as child's piggy bank, where visitors and family could add to it. Wasn't there something similar in Sims 1, or is middle age beginning to cloud my brain? (Please... don't answer that.)
#7235 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 6:37 PM
TSO/FreeSO has one, so I assume it probably did come with TS1 too.
Test Subject
#7236 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 3:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
TSO/FreeSO has one, so I assume it probably did come with TS1 too.

Ah! Thanks for the reference. It's good to know it wasn't just my imagination.
Field Researcher
#7237 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 2:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
Well I was going to add an attribute, get init to set attribute to X number of days, and get main to subtract one every time clock strikes X, and when it reaches zero set price of object to zero. Then get all the guardians for interactions check if attribute is 0 and if it is zero then don't allow the interaction. Maybe toss in a random roll when main reaches 0 to see if it should break, and if not add one so it tries again tomorrow.

Hence the oh boy lots of modding, since it would have to involve all the guardians and stuff. I'm sure there may be easier ways to go about it, but that's the method my brain thought about.

Can the repairman be used for this ? As in counting the number of repartions already done, if the repairman has already repaired it twice, then it won't be repairable the third time it brokes. What do you think about it ? Maybe easier to track down ?

Quote:
Newspaper need to be more useful instead of turning out "pointless trash" that is being littered with by the journalism agencies in every household. All my sims now found a job, I don't keep track on the weather news reports and I rather have sims gain logic through many other effective ways, such as from a chess table.

Perhaps cats could pee on it ? :D

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Needs Coffee
#7238 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 3:16 AM
Quote:
Newspaper need to be more useful instead of turning out "pointless trash" that is being littered with by the journalism agencies in every household. All my sims now found a job, I don't keep track on the weather news reports and I rather have sims gain logic through many other effective ways, such as from a chess table.

You can compost it *composts everything*

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7239 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 3:20 AM
Composting is only useful if you have a garden though.

My sims often read the newspaper autonomously, so I don't have a problem with it not being used.
#7240 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 3:23 AM
I sometimes have Sims stuff the newspapers in their inventories and them give stacks of them to their gardener friends. BoilingOil also modified the composter so you can sell the compost so it's useful for non-gardeners.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
#7241 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 3:28 AM
I have a recycling incentive in Coral Bay, sims get free compost bins and $50 when they return them full. The mayor then gives them to the farmers.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7242 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 3:49 AM
Wonder if you could mark a compost bin for sale and run an OFB compost business.
Mad Poster
#7243 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 4:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankoyume
Can the repairman be used for this ? As in counting the number of repartions already done, if the repairman has already repaired it twice, then it won't be repairable the third time it brokes. What do you think about it ? Maybe easier to track down ?

I haven't seen any way to make the Sim remember a specific object that doesn't involve editing the object itself in some way, but perhaps there is some way to use tokens that I am not familiar with Plus I know a lot of people don't hire repairmen and make their Sims repair broken things themselves, and that approach would make the mod pointless for all those simmers, and anyone who does a mix of both. Did you have some approach in mind for how you make the repairman remember that specific object?

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Forum Resident
#7244 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 3:52 PM
I'd love to see two, three, or even four-tile versions of the Christmas lights. It gets annoying putting them up tile by tile, and it's even worse taking them down that way.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Field Researcher
#7245 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 4:38 PM Last edited by ankoyume : 10th Dec 2017 at 4:52 PM.
Quote:
I haven't seen any way to make the Sim remember a specific object that doesn't involve editing the object itself in some way, but perhaps there is some way to use tokens that I am not familiar with Plus I know a lot of people don't hire repairmen and make their Sims repair broken things themselves, and that approach would make the mod pointless for all those simmers, and anyone who does a mix of both. Did you have some approach in mind for how you make the repairman remember that specific object?

I was thinking instead of coding every kind of objects, you could code only the interaction "repair" (either by the repairman or the sim itself) and it will add the object id of the object repaired to the controller that will count down the whole thing. I realize now that it suppose that all objects use the same "repair" global and I'm not so sure of that. It was just an hypothesis ...

Quote:
The solution to that problem is to have multiple copies of your The Sims 2-folder. If you rename it to say "The Sims 2 - Historic", the game will think it's not there and generate a new one. Each one is completely separate from any others, so you can have one where you have a hood that only has skintones of your choice, one that has only historic CC, and one with space aliens. It's quite common, especially for people who play medieval games. When you want to play one, you just change the name back to The Sims 2, and that's the folder read by the game.

Lots of perks, like being able to have different defaults depending on what you want in that specific setup, and cutting down on load times by only having CC relevant to the specific thing you do in that game. The only downside is that you have to go in and rename so you load the right one when you play, and if you want to swap hoods while playing and they are in different folders you have to quit and load the other one. And it won't help if you want to make separations between main hood and subhoods, but it's still pretty handy

I've found another way but it is more complex. I use Chris Hatch's A&N ways in order to create my own addon. Then I put all the defaults in this newly created program subfolder. As I create its own shortcut, it's much easier to play but it needs a very lot of modding beforehand (you mustn't use anything else than default or you'll have to create neutral version). It's not worth it if you're not a crasy modder like me (I'm not afraid of long and hard work, and reinstalling game).

Turquoise Dragon
#7246 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 6:31 PM
Interesting! @ankoyume very brave of you, is all I am going to say :D
just a girl
#7247 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 7:44 PM
Wow, that's interesting indeed. Do you have to "uninstall" your addon everytime to play without it?

Assorted mods: Moving out and job options
Apartment rent agreement mod - fresh update
Testers wellcome on Electrical box & Fertile land
Functional sofa bed is ready to be tested as well
Mad Poster
#7248 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankoyume
I was thinking instead of coding every kind of objects, you could code only the interaction "repair" (either by the repairman or the sim itself) and it will add the object id of the object repaired to the controller that will count down the whole thing. I realize now that it suppose that all objects use the same "repair" global and I'm not so sure of that. It was just an hypothesis ...

The repair interactions themselves are separate, yeah I suspect some kind of token or controller would be smarter than my attribute function main approach though.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Field Researcher
#7249 Old Yesterday at 10:56 PM Last edited by ankoyume : Yesterday at 11:41 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
Wow, that's interesting indeed. Do you have to "uninstall" your addon everytime to play without it?

It wouldn't be interesting if you had to uninstall anything. You can keep everything, even A&N. You'll just have to click on the right shortcut eachtime you want to play.
The whole reinstalling is just a possibility because it might crash your game. However it never crashed my game.

Needs Coffee
#7250 Old Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Wonder if you could mark a compost bin for sale and run an OFB compost business.

Unfortunately not, I tried in the past and BO's mod is not what I want either. If it could I would sell it at a garden nursery store.

~Call me Jo~
Page 290 of 290