Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 2673 (Who?), Viewed: 247993 times.
Page 107 of 107
Top Secret Researcher
#2651 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 5:11 PM
I was talking about actual playables, not NPC's. There is a limit to how many playable families can be put into an apartment lot: 4. No matter what you build, how you build it, the limit is 4 playable families (or groups).

I've seen huge apartments with 20 or more units, which would be great if it were not for the fact all of them would be filled with only 4 playable families.

But I was also talking about how the game requires you to exit one apartment lot, go back into neighborhood view and go back into the same apartment lot to play a different family in that same apartment block.

It doesn't treat apartments the same as actual housing-instead it treats them as though they're partitioned rooms of the same lot.

It was a nice idea, poorly implemented. I don't play apartments at all because of it.

If anyone had any way to override the game limitations with apartments ever did a hack, I'd be the first one in line to grab it. So far, nobody has..after all this time. Such a waste of imagination.
Inventor
#2652 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 6:41 PM
I'd like a mod that makes the teen keep their hairdo when they dress for work.
Thought it might be my CC hairs, or mods/hacks..but no.
Still does this in a vanilla game.

Je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Instructor
#2653 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 7:14 PM
How about a "this is the party room" hack? It could be like a vase or a sign placed in a room for a party. Then for the duration of the party, all sims will stay in that room unless one of the following criteria is met:
1. They are playable and you tell them to do something out of the room.
2. Their bladder is less than 50% and there is no toilet in the room.
3. Their hunger is less than 50% and there is no food in the room.
4. Their energy is bottomed out and there are no couches/beds/recliners in the room.
And then they will return to the room after filling whichever need. Keeps sims out of places you don't want them without having to lock them up!

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Instructor
#2654 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 7:20 PM
A mod like the school mod but for toddlers instead of children and teens that would allow for toddlers to be enrolled then summoned and made selectable until dismissed.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Inventor
#2655 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 7:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeTownChick
How about a "this is the party room" hack? It could be like a vase or a sign placed in a room for a party. Then for the duration of the party, all sims will stay in that room unless one of the following criteria is met:
4. Their energy is bottomed out and there are no couches/beds/recliners in the room.
And then they will return to the room after filling whichever need. Keeps sims out of places you don't want them without having to lock them up!

That would be perfect for teen gettogetherz.
Parents are trying to watch TV, while there is a party going on in their teen's bedroom.

Scholar
#2656 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 4:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeTownChick

I wonder if the simlogical hacks would have a hint as to how to perform this. I know I can click on one of the school items to move a class of students to a particular location. Or maybe some of the date/outing coding could be used--the part that summons sims back to the sim hosting the date/outing, and have the sims invited to the party be summoned on whatever that frequency is back to the location of the sim who threw the party.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#2657 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 10:47 AM
If you use an unscored outing then you should be able to set all your party guests as outing members and do it that way.
Alchemist
#2658 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 9:54 PM
A version of Cyjons semester changes for people who like Uni. I do like the idea of final covering a year, rather than having one half-way through, because that'll reduce the number of memories of sims getting on deans list. But I absolutely don't want to shorten Uni, if anything I'd like to add extra days. A year lasting 10 days, and four years to graduate, that'd be perfect.

Maybe I'll attempt to modify it myself, but a quick look suggests it's a bit beyond me at the moment.
Field Researcher
#2659 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 10:36 AM
I'd love a hack to get rid of the fears elders have of emailing someone. Not all elders are technophobes!

"Rock is dead..."~Billy Corgan, 1998.
"SCREAM FOR ME!!!"~Iron Maiden, 2010.
My minuscule Simblr
Inventor
#2660 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 2:27 PM
Talking about fears..would be nice if they actually had an influence on our sims...the sim would then not try to perform the exact action that he/she is afraid of.
How many times, I saw my teen going straight for the karaoke machine, while having the fear of using it?
My gawd.

Instructor
#2661 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 2:50 PM
Or how about one to nuke pet command wants? I had the royal dog taught a bunch of tricks (because I thought it'd be nice for such a high-class pup to be well-trained) but now all anyone wants to do is command him to do tricks! How am I supposed to determine the royal children's aspirations if they all just want to tell Moses to sit up and shake?

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Top Secret Researcher
#2662 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 6:19 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 12th Nov 2014 at 7:13 PM. Reason: typo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
Talking about fears..would be nice if they actually had an influence on our sims...the sim would then not try to perform the exact action that he/she is afraid of.
How many times, I saw my teen going straight for the karaoke machine, while having the fear of using it?
My gawd.
Yes! Some consistency between wants/fears and actions would be no bad thing. I had Puck Summerdream with a want to apologise to Hermia Capp, but an action queued to poke her!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
Scholar
#2663 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 10:21 PM
That's not so inconsistent, though. How often have you felt bad about clashing with someone when you were home alone, because you don't like acting rudely and you'd rather get along with everyone, so you resolve to behave better next time you meet that person -- and then next time you actually meet them, they act like a big huge schmuck and decide that your being polite is an excellent reason to make fun of you, so of course you have to give them a bit of their own back...

Or is that just me who encounters things like that?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal
Most recent story update: The Fantabulous Newsons on 11/23/14
Top Secret Researcher
#2664 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmeiolanthe
Or is that just me who encounters things like that?
Yes esmeiolanthe, you're right. In fact after I made that post, when I thought about it, I realised that Puck's behaviour was very like what many of the rest of us do. Not for nothing is there the old proverb that "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". Puck's intention was good, but his action would have let him down badly if I hadn't cancelled it. In fact there's a verse in the Bible about it: in Romans 9:13 St. Paul wrote "The good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do." So I may send the Rev. Elspeth Anderson round to remind Puck of that. Though, whether Puck Summerdream, the adopted son of the King and the Queen of the Faeries, will listen to the parish priest is a moot point. (I still think Puck and Hermia are right for each other. Puck's alternative, a gay relationship with Romance teen David Cornton, I'm sure will bring him nothing but tears.)

So maybe we don't need a hack for it after all. Perhaps the way Maxis wrote it reflects the true perversity of our human behaviour?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
Inventor
#2665 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 12:48 AM
Lune is probably very shy to use the karaoke machine..but oh man, she'd love to NOT BE that shy..see?
It works too..
Exactly like real life. ahah.

Forum Resident
#2666 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 8:28 PM
A fix to allow a business owner to direct employees on Sim-owned lots to perform a wider array of tasks... things like financial advising (for a bank or stock exchange), teaching skills or talents (for a continuing education university or city college), or even networking (so that you could have well-known Sims act as a spokesperson for a company)... it seems like it should be a pretty easy fix, and it could open up so many more business possibilities.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
Are you really surprised we lied about having cookies?
Of course you don't get a cookie!
Lab Assistant
#2667 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 8:50 PM
@Zarathustra
To dig for treasures (mine), fish (fishing huts), garden (farm)... Oh well, too many possibilities.

Send me a PM with your thoughts about the story.
Alchemist
#2668 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 9:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanAm103
@Zarathustra
To dig for treasures (mine), fish (fishing huts), garden (farm)... Oh well, too many possibilities.

There are mods on SiMWardrobe (Paladin's Place) that make (I think) all three of those things possible. Go here and then click on Sims 2..... Objects.... Business Facilitators.
Test Subject
#2669 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 9:02 PM
Something that eliminates the "Sim that hasn't crossed your mind in a month is no longer a family friend" message. Also, no "so and so thinks your not putting in enough effort even though they just left your house" message.
Mad Poster
#2670 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 10:08 PM
This:http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-1535.html should stop some of those messages.

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#2671 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 4:19 AM
Swimmable Ponds? I miss this feature like in TSCastaways

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Inventor
#2672 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 4:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyxo22
Swimmable Ponds? I miss this feature like in TSCastaways

Yeah..that would be great.
there are tutorials about making a swimmable lake/pond scattered all over the net, using transparent floor tiles, requires TCE etc.
But in general, the look of it after you are done is...fishy. I stopped trying making those, as i was never completely satisfied with the results.

Instructor
#2673 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 5:15 PM
Less of a hack, more of something that would've been fun if EA had done:
So last night I had this dream about Strangetown's (fake) Bella Goth, where I had moved her into a house and when I went to edit her hairstyle in the mirror, suddenly she turned into a pollination technician (disfigured face, green eyes, bald with green skin etc) and she would turn into this whenever she wasn't wearing her casual clothes or whenever she wasn't around other people.

I think that would've been interesting / slightly creepy if EA had done that. I always play the fake Bella as an alien posing as Bella Goth.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
#2674 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 9:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
Yeah..that would be great.
there are tutorials about making a swimmable lake/pond scattered all over the net, using transparent floor tiles, requires TCE etc.
But in general, the look of it after you are done is...fishy. I stopped trying making those, as i was never completely satisfied with the results.

I stopped trying to make those when I could not make them work heh.
Page 107 of 107

Section jump