Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Community Spirit contest! - posted on 11th Apr 2017 at 6:33 PM
Replies: 5494 (Who?), Viewed: 381001 times.
Page 220 of 220
Mad Poster
#5476 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 8:37 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 23rd Apr 2017 at 10:08 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voeille
You can set skilling rate from default 100% to 300% with batbox, but it’s not permanent and you need to set it again every now and then. I do that for my aliens, because I want them to have something special that is not appearance, but it would indeed be more convenient to permanently set learning pace.

I use that for my high intelligence toddlers, but I would really like to have the option to set my low intelligence toddlers to skill more slowly (say, 50%, or 30%, of the usual skilling speed, perhaps) as well. At the moment my low intelligence toddlers (or average/high intelligence toddlers with low intelligence parents) are simply not allowed to learn toddler skills, but that feels too extreme for me and I would much rather they were able to learn them but that they would learn more slowly than average sims!

Ideally I would like to be able to set a whole range of skilling speeds, ranging from 10% right up to the 300% that is available on the Bat Box. Especially 10%, 30%, 50%, 75%, (100%, obviously!), 125%, 150%, 200%, 250% and 300% would be useful to me. And I would like a mod that was useable by toddlers - elders.
Field Researcher
#5477 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 8:40 PM Last edited by ankoyume : 23rd Apr 2017 at 9:06 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
I like sexy feet well enough that I put up with it on the toddlers even though they're adult feet on a small person which looks wrong. I think it's just a scaled down version of the adult mesh. I really like the smooth hands/sexy feet mods though.

You just have to suppress the right defaults, isn't it ?
Try opening the package and delete all the lines that begins with "p", "pu" "pf" or "pm"

Edit : just seen the cute mesh edit by Rosebine : it's worth waiting to grab it !

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Forum Resident
#5478 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 8:42 PM
I would like that too I initially wanted the aliens to have 160-200% learning rate, but the only possible option was 300% with batbox.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Now what dammit?
staff: moderator
#5479 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankoyume
You just have to suppress the right defaults, isn't it ?
Try opening the package and delete all the lines that begins with "p", "pu" "pf" or "pm"

Edit : just seen the cute mesh edit by Rosebine : it's worth waiting to grab it !

That might not work since the feet were remodelled - the bits might not match up (I don't know). Anyway, I'll wait for Rosebine too.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Mad Poster
#5480 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 11:13 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 23rd Apr 2017 at 11:27 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankoyume

Awwwwe..thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
That might not work since the feet were remodelled - the bits might not match up (I don't know). Anyway, I'll wait for Rosebine too.

Mine will work just as Bloom's works. Only the mesh was edited. Since it is a default, it won't make any difference, besides..the look.
And, only the toddler mesh was edited. I did not touch anything else.
Any skintone that looks good now, will look good then.

Though, and maybe someone can confirm for me, on the original toddler feet, when the toddler goes on their tippy-toes, a part of the foot stick out. (bone wrongly assigned.)
To check, just ask a toddler to play with toys on the toy box. look at that part of the animation where the foot on the ground, is tippe-toed...
But I fixed this on my version.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Scholar
#5481 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 4:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauratje86
Ideally I would like to be able to set a whole range of skilling speeds, ranging from 10% right up to the 300% that is available on the Bat Box. Especially 10%, 30%, 50%, 75%, (100%, obviously!), 125%, 150%, 200%, 250% and 300% would be useful to me. And I would like a mod that was useable by toddlers - elders.

I'll second this, especially as (at least for me) it would allow a far better natural spread of 'intelligence' in my sims and much more nuance than low-average-high. Astrid Vanderpol (a half-alien) is currently low, though I do headcanon her as having an alien/maxoid brain that works very differently to the simoid brain. She does rather poorly in school and being able to set her skilling speed at 50 or 75% would much better reflect my impression of her than my current skilling system.
Theorist
#5482 Old Yesterday at 1:58 AM
People were talking about cats on furniture elsewhere.

Why on earth are counters and sofas and beds treated the same way? HughLunatic fixed the beds (think it was her) so the kid and pet can sleep together on it. Like we all didn't have our pets on our beds, especially if we were naughty kids! Some pets get couch privileges, some don't. Counters are totally a different story. Bobbi-Dog gets away with getting on the sofa. No way in heck is she allowed on food preparation surfaces.

I want a hack that breaks out the furniture for sit on furniture--stay off furniture, for pets. While we're at it, I see cats on dining room chairs and tables ALL the time. Not ours--Bobbi-Dog does NOT tolerate cats--but other people's cats. Cats should be able to get on all the things. So should toddlers. Mine climbed the china cabinet the other day: pulled the door open and up she went.

Hey, did you all see the Starcraft: Remastered game deal? Now that'd be a game I'd buy: Sims 2: Remastered.

Edit: While I was typing, the toddler climbed her big brother's bunkbed. Sigh. Toddlers climb all the things.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#5483 Old Yesterday at 2:28 PM
After just seeing a picture of a toddler talking on a play phone it gave me an idea. Although I can't mesh or do any on that stuff, just easel pictures for my sims, anyone with the abilities can use this idea if they so wish.

Since children don't have a way to skill charisma, I thought it would be cute for them to have a 'play phone', using the talk on phone animations. Even an option to gain charisma while they talk to their friends. It would be slower to gain skills, for those who don't want them to gain too fast, as it would only gain skills until their social fills. (:

“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Jonas Salk, biologist Sums it up, really!
Mad Poster
#5484 Old Yesterday at 3:30 PM
Children should have been gaining charisma though. They are so sociable by nature.
According to me though, play phone seems too babyish for a children interaction. It would be more realistic if toddler had a toy phone. But then, they would float in mid air due to lack of anim/using children one.

Top Secret Researcher
#5485 Old Yesterday at 5:35 PM
Since it's a game and if a child uses a phone while gaining charisma and talking to friends isn't so bad and toddlers have many ways to gain charisma. In real life people don't pull mops, binoculars, bug jars or fishing poles from their butts, yet is realistic to sims. (:

“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Jonas Salk, biologist Sums it up, really!
Mad Poster
#5486 Old Yesterday at 5:45 PM
Of course. I just had the old FisherPrice colored plastic phone in mind..and that was not suitable for 8-10 year old kids...but would be perfect for tots!
Though it is children who need a charisma mod..not smallers, as you said.

Forum Resident
#5487 Old Yesterday at 6:04 PM
I remember that someone on here (not necessarily in this thread, just the forums in general) mentioned that talking with a bird increases charisma. I tried and it’s so great that now I have a bird in each house, as talking with that bird not only builds charisma, but also fulfils fun and social. Children can do that too I think (I can’t say for sure because it’s been a while since the most recent children I played grew up to teens).

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Forum Resident
#5488 Old Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duine
Since children don't have a way to skill charisma

Two career rewards work for children - the bookcase of knowledge (or whatever it's called) and the mini-golf thing

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Mad Poster
#5489 Old Yesterday at 6:20 PM
Yes, children can talk to birds.

Inventor
#5490 Old Today at 2:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoward69
Two career rewards work for children - the bookcase of knowledge (or whatever it's called) and the mini-golf thing
actually 3; the 3rd is the Politics reward. mini-golf is the Business reward. bookcase; some Seasons career, Education.
Instructor
#5491 Old Today at 3:46 AM
I'd love to see a thing which makes everything in the game free.
Lab Assistant
#5492 Old Today at 3:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogz2007
I'd love to see a thing which makes everything in the game free.

This sort of interests me. I was wondering, what would you do with that? It seems like it could be a cool concept
Instructor
#5493 Old Today at 3:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palabooo
This sort of interests me. I was wondering, what would you do with that? It seems like it could be a cool concept

Eh. Mostly so I could furnish houses without having to use motherlode, which I just noticed I could easily just motherlode a few times (before this just jot down the current amount of funds), furnish the house and then use the familyfunds cheat to bring them back to their initial amount of money which they had.
Test Subject
#5494 Old Today at 8:58 AM
I'd really like to see some gates for the driveway. Even deco would be fine.
Forum Resident
#5495 Old Today at 12:20 PM
Moon_Ez made some decorative (non-functional) gates like that. Most of them require Numenor's WallWindows.

Moon_Ez's build mode stuff - look for items with the word "gate" in the title
http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...gs=1&f=380&gs=1

Numenor's WallWindows - most of Moon_Ez's decorative gates require this
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=70222

Thanks to Crmelsimlover for sharing these rare Christianlov mods for TS2: Cpack editor with working face DNA fixer and Skin Selector Prototype. Instructions for adding custom skins to Skin Selector at post #37 here. Instructions for using the DNA fixer at post # 2662 here .
Page 220 of 220