Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 2167 (Who?), Viewed: 218452 times.
Page 87 of 87
Top Secret Researcher
#2151 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 10:04 PM
The same inconsistency is also on Mac and Cheese, so there seems to be something about serving bowls that makes the call to meal option inconsistent.
Scholar
#2152 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 10:59 PM
I've found that I have to get the mouse over the plate that is under the serving bowl to get the call to meal.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Instructor
#2153 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 11:13 PM
Yeah..I just tested it again, in a vanilla game. All meals served in bowls..are inconsistent. But at least..the option shows sometimes..compared to my normal game with hacks..which is..never.
Too bad. There are SO many possibilities, so many mods/hacks combinations that could create this...I surrender.

I know now, that is not just MY game. I have this mod too, and I have noticed the option features in this mod not completely applies to serving bowls. On all meals, you have the choice to either put away leftovers as group meal, or as single plates.
Works on all meals, except..serving bowls, which only offers the "...as single plates".
So there is something about them, unfortunately...

And thanks to those who tested..tried this. very nice.

Je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Instructor
#2154 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbee
I've found that I have to get the mouse over the plate that is under the serving bowl to get the call to meal.

Sunbee? Thank you. I'd say, I love you also but..my fiancé would not approve

THAT works.

Option to put away leftovers as "group meal" also.

Oh boy..Me happy. It was SO silly and easy to fix....

Test Subject
#2155 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 6:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
This mod has a feature call Caller ID, that creates a pop up message, this time..top right corner, that tells you who is calling and for whom the call is, after your sim picked up the phone and start to chat. Sorry, I didn't take any pictures.

We already had this....
So unless there is some sort of bug in my game, that I can hardly identify, this mod does not have a caller ID function.

I've just tested this in a clean game (with all EPs up to AL/M&G). To get it to work, you need to buy the teleporter (from Misc/ Misc, for $250), and put it on your wall. You also have to ensure the Caller ID function (under "Options...") is enabled. Unless you purchase the teleporter, the Caller ID will not function.

When it's working, you'll get a pop-up message saying who is calling (and who they want to speak to) as soon as the phone starts ringing. In a clean game, without mods, you only find this out after you answer the phone.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem to be working when I added in Pescado's phone hack. (I suspect that's probably why I stopped using in the first place...) Mind you, I only spent a few minutes playing with it, so don't consider this to be comprehensive testing or anything...

Hope this helps some of you.
Instructor
#2156 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 7:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapx
..When it's working, you'll get a pop-up message saying who is calling (and who they want to speak to) as soon as the phone starts ringing. In a clean game, without mods, you only find this out after you answer the phone.

But that you meant...in a NOT clean game?
If it works as intended in a vanilla game, then I have mods conflicting with it...too bad. Yes, I enabled what needed to be enabled, and of course, I put it on my wall to be able to do so. I will mainly use it for pregnancy info...and too bad for the caller ID. It is a cool feature, but not worth testng all my hacks/mod to find what's stops it to work properly. I make good use of all of them, anyways.
Yes! that helped, thank you a lot.

Field Researcher
#2157 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 7:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theis118
Jawusa; Never heard of the Multi-PT mods?

I heard this corrupts the neighborhood.
I meant a hack which allows to choose an exsisting sim in the neighborhood... not a default replacement mod.

Kind Regards,
Jawusa :-)
Mad Poster
#2158 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 7:29 PM
It corrupts the neighborhood if you ever remove the PTs, because it creates NPCs. So Multi-PT mods need to be used with caution.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. In case you care.)
Scholar
#2159 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 7:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawusa
I heard this corrupts the neighborhood.
I meant a hack which allows to choose an exsisting sim in the neighborhood... not a default replacement mod.

The Sim Manipulator will allow you to change the father to any one in the hood. http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
Field Researcher
#2160 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 9:45 PM
Thank you.
Now I don't have to spawn the Tombstone L and D to change the father.

But does it change the DNA of the unborn baby?

Kind Regards,
Jawusa :-)
Theorist
#2161 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 9:54 PM
If you change the father before the baby's born, I imagine yes, it would change the DNA. Afterwards, no.
Mad Poster
#2162 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 10:16 PM
You had better talk to the creator about that!

The baby's genes are determined at birth, not at conception, so changing the father IN THE PREGNANCY CONTROLLER before birth will cause his genes to be chosen to mix randomly with the mother's. If the father is not changed until after the birth, there will be no effect, as a) the genes are already set and b) you can't change the pregnancy controller for someone already born.

The Sim Manipulator description says it sets relationship FLAGS with the relationship menu. About Pregnancy it says:
Pregnancy Menu
Will allows sims to have a baby with the Grim Reaper, Pollination Technician, Any sim on the lot, or any sim in the neighborhood. Also allows sims to choose the father of the baby, How many babies they will have, Pause/unpause pregnancy, accelerate/de-accelerate the pregnancy, abort pregnancy, and look at the current pregnancy stats(the father, hours pregnant, etc). And finally they can change their current pregnancy stage to 2nd, 3rd, and giving birth.

This sounds as though it allows you to do exactly what the Tombstone of L&D does - in which case "pregnant by the Grim Reaper" doesn't mean "cheerily break your game" but "grab a boring Face1 template."

In which case, you can initiate a pregnancy with it, but there seems to be no option to take a sim already pregnant by the PT and change the father to a playable alien.

The only way I know of to do that is, to change the pregnancy controller in SimPE.

If you want an abduction followed by insimination by someone other than the default PT, you need either a default replacement PT mod (which must be handled with care so that you never delete the NPCs generated by the mod) or an editing tool that allows you to change the pregnancy controller for an ongoing pregnancy. SimPE is the only one I know of; others may exist. SimPE will also let you generate "met aliens" memories, but this may be problematic - I know that Skye Weiss's memories of meeting aliens are flagged in HoodChecker. It is certainly tedious and easy to screw up. And the artificial "met aliens" memories will not prompt wants and fears of abduction in the rest of the hood; but then neither will artificial insimination.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. In case you care.)
Scholar
#2163 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 11:46 PM
Yes I know the Sim Manipulator does not have it in the description but in game it will allow you to change the father to who ever you want.

I have tested it out and it dose work.
Lab Assistant
#2164 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 11:58 PM
This interests me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
[···] you need either a default replacement PT mod (which must be handled with care so that you never delete the NPCs generated by the mod) [···]

I'm using a PT replacement I downloaded here at MTS. This.
But this PT is just too cute for my taste so I was thinking about replacing it or creating one myself or simply going back to the original one.

The download had no uninstalling instructions so... Is there any trick to it?
If anyone can provide a link to a tutorial I would appreciate it!

My Strangetown blog :3

I have just created my 2013 yearbook. It's never too late? XD
Forum Resident
#2165 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 2:20 PM
Because I make my sims live somewhat difficult lives in "remote locations" where medical care is generally miles & miles away or they are living in an era where it is demons & curses that cause illnesses, I would love to see a mod that gives a random chance of a serious allergic reaction to being chased by bees. Or where I can give an "allergy" token to a sim.
Field Researcher
#2166 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 4:23 PM
A mod that allowed skilling while relaxing in bed. I know they can read while relaxing, and skill from books from the bookcase, so it would be logical that they should be able to skill while relaxing.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Instructor
#2167 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 5:21 PM
Sometimes, they spend so much time on the toilet, you'd think they'd have time to even find a job in that newspaper..but no..

Theorist
#2168 Old Yesterday at 8:30 PM
A hack that lets you make every season crop on the lot harvestable. Would come in handy when I have to test with no downloads, and I forget to replace my backup, and all my packed produce vanishes. Doing plant by plant with testingcheats is so tedious.
Page 87 of 87

Section jump