Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 2:58 PM
Replies: 6236 (Who?), Viewed: 410499 times.
Page 250 of 250
Mad Poster
#6226 Old Yesterday at 12:37 PM Last edited by gummilutt : Yesterday at 1:18 PM. Reason: Fixing tone
Yeah, that's how it's done. If you want to be able to shift between different ones you need BHAVs too. I've been meaning to make a tutorial with a resource kit that you can add to set up interchangeable models, and instructions on finding model names for objects you want, but haven't gotten around to it.

I should have been clearer. I want actual object names. I can't know which bushes or vases or flowers you want. So tell me exactly which objects and I'll make a batbox with those I have a list of BG deco objects and bushes/flowers that I can use, but I am personally getting rather bored of BG only. Great because everyone can use it, but with so many objects it gets old. Maybe it's time for a non-BG version?

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Instructor
#6227 Old Yesterday at 1:08 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I appreciate it.
Now what dammit?
staff: moderator
#6228 Old Yesterday at 1:12 PM Last edited by maxon : Yesterday at 4:59 PM.
Personally (and this is no criticism of anybody) I hardly ever use the alternative models for mods and stuff - mainly because I end up not being able to remember what is what and where I put stuff leading to lots of hunting round and poking at stuff. I have significant issues with the Sim Blender because I'm never sure if that's it or it's just a plant. I'm happy with the batbox as is. At least I can always find it (unlike looking for my glasses).

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Mad Poster
#6229 Old Yesterday at 1:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
Personally (and this is no criticism of anybody) I hardly ever use the alternative models for mods and stuff - mainly because I end up not being able to remember what is what and where I put stuff leading to lots of hunting round and poking at stuff. I have significant issues with the Sim Blender because I'm never sure if that's it or it's just a plant. I'm happy with the batbox as it. At least I can always find it (unlike looking for my glasses).

Yeah I've thought I'd broken the Sim Blender a few times when it stopped working. Turns out I was clicking on a normal plant. XD
Field Researcher
#6230 Old Yesterday at 1:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
Personally (and this is no criticism of anybody) I hardly ever use the alternative models for mods and stuff - mainly because I end up not being able to remember what is what and where I put stuff leading to lots of hunting round and poking at stuff. I have significant issues with the Sim Blender because I'm never sure if that's it or it's just a plant. I'm happy with the batbox as it. At least I can always find it (unlike looking for my glasses).

Which is exactly why I love ACR's 'zoom to adjuster' feature. If only we could put that on the sim blender. In lieu of that, I try to put my mods either in familiar places (like under decking or in a closet, since I agree that mods on roof floors are cumbersome) or to group them together, using desks with many slots or, if there's an under the stair cupboard, that's where the mods go.

"This is subtracting from my arts and crafts time."
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
#6231 Old Yesterday at 2:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
Yeah, that's how it's done. If you want to be able to shift between different ones you need BHAVs too. I've been meaning to make a tutorial with a resource kit that you can add to set up interchangeable models, and instructions on finding model names for objects you want, but haven't gotten around to it.

I should have been clearer. I want actual object names. I can't know which bushes or vases or flowers you want. So tell me exactly which objects and I'll make a batbox with those I have a list of BG deco objects and bushes/flowers that I can use, but I am personally getting rather bored of BG only. Great because everyone can use it, but with so many objects it gets old. Maybe it's time for a non-BG version?

Well the vase I was referring to is the 12th Century Song Dynasty Sculpted Vase. Hopefully in a way that preserves my 50 zillion recolours.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Mad Poster
#6232 Old Yesterday at 3:55 PM
Would that approach also work with the Lot Sync Timer?

Also, what other shapes could be used? I'd use a different color if it were possible.

A black Hydrangea for the bat box, a pink/purple LST. (I don't have color blindness, either...)

I've got 4 different blue hydrangeas as mods on a lot..I often have to check which one I'm putting on a lot before I use it....

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Mad Poster
#6233 Old Yesterday at 4:11 PM
Unfortunately not ihate. Recolors find their object by GUID, and calling the shape of another object does not reference it's guid. You can make recolors for the model objects, but in order to appear on the shape shifter they need to have the GUID of the shape shifting object. To make use of your existing the recolors it would have to be an object with the actual mesh inside it that is slaved to the original. Also doable, but requires different things.

I am unsure about lot sync timer FranH. I tried changing it's shape to an ikea vase, and it always errors. It works-ish, but with errors in some situations. Whether that was because I was still new to shape shifting or lot sync timer itself I don't know.

Shape shifting over all can use any object in the game, but it only accesses the primary recolor of that object. As I mentioned above it is possible to make recolors for all the object models the object uses, but they need to be assigned the right guid.

Field Researcher
#6234 Old Yesterday at 6:53 PM
I have never built a house with an attic. I guess I need to start adding ceilings to my homes. :-)
The reason I usually put my tools outdoors is because they are easier to find. As much as possible, I keep them together. I can have a small clumping of plants in a nicely manicured lawn, a weed infested lawn, on a corner of a beach lot, or just about anywhere.

Name specific, I can think of a couple ideas to choose from:
Outdoor anywhere: Premium Large Rock
Outdoor Patio: The "Naturally Stylish" Flower Barrel
Outdoor Patio: Green Steps from Planter's Paradise
Indoor (I'm so worldly) Statement Decor: Globe L'Empereur
Indoor (pay me no attention) Decor: RAKET Table Easel
Indoor (anti-Pescado) Cuddly Item: Caon's Stuffed Freezer Bunny or the Collectible Franky Bear

I'm not sure which of these are or are not base game since I don't use AnyGameStarter.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
#6235 Old Yesterday at 8:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
Unfortunately not ihate. Recolors find their object by GUID, and calling the shape of another object does not reference it's guid. You can make recolors for the model objects, but in order to appear on the shape shifter they need to have the GUID of the shape shifting object. To make use of your existing the recolors it would have to be an object with the actual mesh inside it that is slaved to the original. Also doable, but requires different things.

That's okay. It's still a pretty vase anyways.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Mad Poster
#6236 Old Yesterday at 9:21 PM
Alright

I need to focus on school-stuff this week, but I'll try to get around to fixing batbox this weekend. Feel free to pm me with objects you'd like to see included or post here. I'll make a BG and all EPs/SPs version, otherwise it'd end up being 20 different ones and that just gets confusing. But I'll try to also find time to write instructions so you can modify either version to remove models you might not have, and add different ones.

Test Subject
#6237 Old Today at 2:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foolinthemoon
I didn't see a thread like this(sorry if i missed it), and this is NOT a request thread, its just an idea thread. Funny Hacks, Game help/content hacks. Things you think would make the game more interesting and fun

I was thinking that when parent sims are doing the 'deed' and sim kids walk in, they should have a bad reaction (motives go down a bit) and a bad memory of it I think that would be so awesome!

I think it would be funniest if the kid peed him/herself...
Page 250 of 250