Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for February - posted on 1st Mar 2017 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 5196 (Who?), Viewed: 371140 times.
Page 208 of 208
Forum Resident
#5176 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 7:55 PM
I've never seen them do it while eating either; I thought they could only do those "idle" animations when they were, well, idle.
Mad Poster
#5177 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 8:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
.... I usually put a mood flamingo on the lot to keep them happy and playing-but it doesn't stop them from eating.

Is that what flamingos are supposed to do?

Namaste
Lab Assistant
#5178 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 9:09 PM
Pretty sure it is a hacked object, not vanilla one (s)he's talking about.
Alchemist
#5179 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 10:27 PM Last edited by FranH : 23rd Mar 2017 at 10:59 PM.
It is a set of hacked objects. It used to be available at the graveyard, then simbology.

EDIT: just refreshed my Mediafire page, still have it active! Sake's alive, I had no idea it was still there!

All right-I've uploaded all 4 of the files that I have on one of my DVD's, and here are the links to each one of them.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ythv7...ugno2aspir2.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1r6lp...ugno2happy2.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s1ayy...ugno2decay2.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xq6bm...ugnos2weekd.rar

OR: if you prefer, the Graveyard still has them:

http://sims2graveyard.com/index.php.../912-livingitup

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Mad Poster
#5180 Old Yesterday at 3:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Give them a CC NPC job and make them do those things. Once a sim is playable you are in control of them, just like any other playable.

Yeah, but I want them to keep doing the job autonomously. I don't want to have to make them.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#5181 Old Yesterday at 3:14 AM
Well they will go to their job just like any other sim. That part is autonomous-most of the time. Anyway people who are X job frequently don't do it at home. I know a carpenter, a locksmith and an electrician, none of who do those jobs at their own home because once they get home they don't want to work.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#5182 Old Yesterday at 3:41 AM
about NPCs keeping their jobs when made playable; some kind of do in shipped version.
former exterminators can autonomously spray roaches. free will would need to be on and the vermin Fear would need to be absent.
former firefighters do "autonomously" extinguish fires regardless of free will being on or off.
former maids can autonomously clean; if they are Neat and if free will is on. all Neat sims autonomously clean when free will is on; and would be more effective than maids.
gardeners; I take all sims autonomously do that NPC's tasks if free will is on.
not sure, but there might be others.
Space Pony
#5183 Old Yesterday at 4:49 AM
I'd love to have a mod which lets other Sims scare others (I'm thinking of the "Scare" interaction which ghosts use). I found that interaction BHAV in the objects file. It's named "Script- Scare Sim" but I'm lost as to how one could somehow adapt it to work on a normal Sim. Ugh...
Mad Poster
#5184 Old Yesterday at 5:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogz2007
I'd love to have a mod which lets other Sims scare others (I'm thinking of the "Scare" interaction which ghosts use). I found that interaction BHAV in the objects file. It's named "Script- Scare Sim" but I'm lost as to how one could somehow adapt it to work on a normal Sim. Ugh...

I may be misremembering it, but isn't there an interaction on one of the halloween ghosts to scare someone?
Mad Poster
#5185 Old Yesterday at 2:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Yeah, but I want them to keep doing the job autonomously. I don't want to have to make them.

What we would need is a mod that makes repair, clean whole house, kill roaches, (insert whatever task Service sims do when you call them over) etc. autonomous. But since you might not want all of your sims to be as efficient as the supposed career/service sims, it would be only autonomous if...skill points.
A sim who has only 2 or 3 mechanical, won't repair anything autonomously, but a former repairman, made playable will.
Same for a former maid, hoping he/she had max neat point when he/she was working for Simcity..
But you get the idea.
Paired with the CC NPC career mod, that'd be awesome.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Theorist
#5186 Old Yesterday at 2:57 PM
Ahhh, I've been looking for something like that for years.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Mad Poster
#5187 Old Today at 2:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
What we would need is a mod that makes repair, clean whole house, kill roaches, (insert whatever task Service sims do when you call them over) etc. autonomous. But since you might not want all of your sims to be as efficient as the supposed career/service sims, it would be only autonomous if...skill points.
A sim who has only 2 or 3 mechanical, won't repair anything autonomously, but a former repairman, made playable will.
Same for a former maid, hoping he/she had max neat point when he/she was working for Simcity..
But you get the idea.
Paired with the CC NPC career mod, that'd be awesome.

That's not actually what I meant. What I meant was, say maid X is hired to clean two houses. Then house one moves her in. I want her to keep coming every day to clean house two. That's what I don't think is possible.
Needs Coffee
#5188 Old Today at 2:53 AM
Christianlov has an NPC painting and you can set it so a playable comes as the maid. I've never used it myself but I have seen Jessa use it in one of her older Let's Play's.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5189 Old Today at 2:53 AM
No..not possible as you know. But I'd still want a mod like what I described though. AND... being able to have NPC living on any residential lot, while still being NPC, like what you want..I think we all want this!

Needs Coffee
#5190 Old Today at 2:54 AM
Yes it is possible. See my post before yours.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5191 Old Today at 2:58 AM
So..you'd be moving the maid in, then at another house, use that painting to make HER comes as the maid..just like before? but you did not test it..I do hope it works well, Charity would love this..lol

Needs Coffee
#5192 Old Today at 3:03 AM
I've seen it work on Jessa's video. You would be playing house B who wants a maid. You set the painting to call that sim at a set time. So you would need to be playing lot B. She won't arrive looking like a maid though unless that is set as her everyday wear. They can be set to do a range of things so if you want them just to clean I think you have to tell it to ban them from doing other things. When you play the maids house you would need to give her the NPC custom job so you will see her leave as the maid since she won't leave as a maid otherwise.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5193 Old Today at 3:05 AM
@Charity
You read this? amazing huh.. Ok great, I'll try this! thanks, Jo.

Needs Coffee
#5194 Old Today at 3:06 AM
I think it's on here under Christianlov's mods. Let me see...

I think it's this http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=286864
Easy to not know about it since he doesn't say on the description that you can use a playable, but Jessa said you can and did so on camera.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5195 Old Today at 3:15 AM
I found this one...seems more like what you described..?
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=289271

And it is also in this set here..
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8908.0

Needs Coffee
#5196 Old Today at 3:18 AM
I'm not sure. That one seems to do the same thing. I might just try it and see.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5197 Old Today at 3:21 AM
Well, not exactly. It does not offer a new NPC who works for your sim 24/7..but it lets you *hire* a playable for a time, everyday..so it seems like fitting what I want, better.
Anyway, I'll try that one I linked, or rather, the version in that collection package i linked, it seems newer...maybe it is just newer because it was updated at a later date. I'll see how that works.

Page 208 of 208