Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 3561 (Who?), Viewed: 299510 times.
Page 143 of 143
Field Researcher
#3551 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 2:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankoyume
Thanks for the link !
Do they surf on hands too ?

No problem! I'm not really sure if they surf on their hands because I don't actually use this set. I just knew it existed and wanted to make sure you got a link.
Lab Assistant
#3552 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 3:43 AM
It would be so awesome if there was a daycare hack in place so working sims could take their babies and toddlers there or maybe some careers could have a daycare so the baby could go with their parent to work. And it would be cool if instead of your child bringing a friend home, you get a message asking if your sim can go to their home and they are driven back at around five or so. just so you don't have to always deal with the nanny. It's kind of annoying having to manually dismiss her when you get home. If there is a track schedule option for her to come whenever you have to work then she should automatically leave when you get home.
Forum Resident
#3553 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 8:25 AM
There IS track schedule option for nanny but it depends of the parent who calls. Sometimes it is working perfectly and car for nanny arrives when parent gets home but sometimes it shows nanny insane behavior and you need dismiss her manually.
Mad Poster
#3554 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 9:30 AM
I wish track schedule could track both parents' schedules. It's annoying having the nanny come over when the other parent is home.
Top Secret Researcher
#3555 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 10:10 AM
Speaking of nanny behavior, the Kims hired one when they moved their family to a nice apartment. Two floors, two bathrooms. I panned over the bottom floor. Yep, there was nanny standing by the toilet doing the pee pee dance. Too stupid to use the bathroom. Finished my scan of the bottom floor and went to the next one. By the time the camera drifted over to the second floor loo, there was nanny again. She had apparently skipped up the stairs to finish her pee pee dance next to the upstairs toilet.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Scholar
#3556 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 4:21 PM
I haven't used a nanny in ages. I have the no social worker mod and find that even my toddlers can be left home with the proper objects and take much better care of themselves. Most often I'll call a friend to watch them, just because it's more realistic.

“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Jonas Salk, biologist Sums it up, really!
Theorist
#3557 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 4:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annaminna
There IS track schedule option for nanny but it depends of the parent who calls. Sometimes it is working perfectly and car for nanny arrives when parent gets home but sometimes it shows nanny insane behavior and you need dismiss her manually.

I use BO's Pets and Kids Unattended (a no social worker mod) because I came to loathe the nanny. There is a track schedule option but it only tracks the schedule of the parent that called, but it sucked when the parent that was not being tracked would get home from work before the parent that was being tracked. When I tried to manually dismiss the nanny she would poke and harass the parent that was trying to dismiss her.
Forum Resident
#3558 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 4:40 PM
I would love a hack that stops students using the dining table for writing their assignments. While the table is being used as a desk, no other student can put down a plate on it. They must all pull out their chairs, sit at an angle, and eat with plate in one hand and fork in the other. This has two consequences: when they have finished eating, they all pile up at the dishwasher or sink, and stamp, and wave their arms in frustration; and some of them, because the chairs are at an angle, cannot get out at all. I have had a sim die of starvation while stuck between two diagonal chairs. In the secret society, if my playable student goes to leave for home while the table is being used as a desk, or even if another sim is just walking towards it with that intention, then the table sticks as a desk. When the playable returns, no-one can put a plate on the table. The only resource is for me to use MoveObjectsOn to delete the table and buy another. This gets expensive, and very boring. Will someone kindly rid me of this nuisance?
Top Secret Researcher
#3559 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 4:44 PM
I have no social worker mod, too and I do love it. But I still tend to hire nannies because it really isn't a good idea to leave your little ones alone all the time. They're safer in Sims 2, of course. They aren't going to drown in the blessed toilet or set fire to the kitchen. But, I would just rather them in an adult's hands.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Field Researcher
#3560 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 9:34 PM
I decided ages ago that if my sims had children, one adult simply needed to be at home with them. (This is even more true in TS3, but even in TS2 the nannies are worse than useless.) The Apartment Life "ask to watch kids" works fine if I want the parents to head out to a community lot for a bit, but I'd be super hesitant to try it for any actual length of home-lot time. And by "super hesitant," I mean I'd just never do it.

I once, very briefly, tried JMP's baby controller hack (I do use and like some of his other macrotastics mods), but I hated it so much I took it back out immediately. I'm pretty sure I didn't even save the lot.

I think, for myself, the bottom line is that I need to be in control of whomever is taking care of my sim babies. So in most cases, it just comes down to me deciding which parent isn't going to have a career. :P
Field Researcher
#3561 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
I wish track schedule could track both parents' schedules. It's annoying having the nanny come over when the other parent is home.
or even better: track the schedules of all guardians.
Scholar
#3562 Old Today at 11:10 AM
Quite awhile ago, I read a few posts about tipping the nanny and her behavior improved. If it were real life, the tip would have been for her to get a job cleaning up road kill. No way was my sim going to pay her off just to get a proper job done. She may be set to use to bathroom frequently, along with her other oddities, because I even tried raising her needs as she appeared near the door and she still did the routine as before. She was also lining her pockets with the money tree. I would remove the door to keep her out and she had a temper tantrum over it. Nothing worse than a lazy, thief of a caretaker. (:

“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Jonas Salk, biologist Sums it up, really!
Page 143 of 143