Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 2133 (Who?), Viewed: 217149 times.
Page 86 of 86
Theorist
#2126 Old Yesterday at 1:42 PM
I'd love the PDAs. I downloaded all the sets ages ago (and for what it's worth, some of the Booty packages didn't work for me, so I did use the exe with no problems) but I've forgotten what a lot of the features are. These days I mostly just use the ambulance to cure sickness.
And while I'm in this thread, I'd love a similar ambulance mod that charged sims to be cured. Just because if I'm going to cheat my sims better, I'd like a penalty for it. XD
Inventor
#2127 Old Yesterday at 1:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
Well, Does not seem to conflict with anything I have installed. Except that, the caller ID...isn't useful.
It tells you who calls and for whom, but only after your sim has answered. aaah....
So If you let it ring, you'll never know.
Pity! It would have made Jamie's afternoons much more productive if he could have ignored all the calls for Jihoon. Can Jihoon not tell all his friends that he goes to work at 4 o'clock? Maybe I'll make him take a day off work and answer all the calls himself!

I wonder if the game only decides who's calling when the Sim answers it. I think that might make it harder to write a Caller Display mod: it would have to answer the call but keep the caller on hold until a Sim really picked the 'phone up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
Otherwise well..it tells the temperature..not sure how accurate this is, but it's fun. I can easily see if my female sim is pregnant, how many hours pregnant went by, how many baby to expect, and who dad is. Usually, you should KNOW this.
It might be useful to know that you're having twins. I reckon most Real Life mothers know that nowadays.
Instructor
#2128 Old Yesterday at 4:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
I wonder if the game only decides who's calling when the Sim answers it. I think that might make it harder to write a Caller Display mod: it would have to answer the call but keep the caller on hold until a Sim really picked the 'phone up.

yeah well...yeah! lol
I mean, this mod features a caller ID.
We already know who is calling, as soon as our sim pick up the phone. You'll have a thumbnail with a picture top left corner, and if it is for another sim of your household, then you'll get a thumbnail too, and if so and so available to talk?
This mod has a feature call Caller ID, that creates a pop up message, this time..top right corner, that tells you who is calling and for whom the call is, after your sim picked up the phone and start to chat. Sorry, I didn't take any pictures.

We already had this....
So unless there is some sort of bug in my game, that I can hardly identify, this mod does not have a caller ID function.

Je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Lab Assistant
#2129 Old Yesterday at 5:23 PM
Yeah, that's not how it used to work. I suspect maybe it hasn't been updated for the phone changes in later EP's. It used to give you a pop up in the corner when the phone started ringing, not after the call had been answered. Either that, or it's conflicting with something in your game.
Instructor
#2130 Old Yesterday at 9:20 PM
Thank you, for letting me know. As I never used it before, never even heard about it, I had nothing for references.
Pretty sure though, I downloaded this from AL folder. Not sure now. 0_O

EDIT
Yep..from AL, which is the latest available. So I doubt it was not updated for later EP. unless, updating it for M&G made a difference?..Or unless this workerset. package was not updated, while the whole zip was..no idea here.
Problem has to be on my end then.

I might or not, try to find what is conflicting lol.

Je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Forum Resident
#2131 Old Yesterday at 9:44 PM
I would love a mod that makes it possible to have "Clickable Neighbors" in apartments. When I am able to get a few households from a rotation in, I don't like loading the neighborhood screen again just to enter the household. I get annoyed when I finish playing at the Newson house, click on the Mainstreet Townhouses and get the message, "You have to enter this lot from neighborhood view." Then once I'm in the apartment lot playing my Cerise family and am ready to move on to the next family who also live in the complex, I still have to reload the lot! So I'd really want two things:
-A mod which allows "Clickable Neighbors" from residential to apartment lots and
-A mod which allows you to switch which household you're playing with in the apartment lot without having to reenter the neighborhood screen
Test Subject
#2132 Old Yesterday at 10:22 PM
Putting Sims up for adoption - I hate how I have to neglect my babies just because risky woohoo has given a family 1 too many kids (and that unless I move them onto another household they end up taking any other toddler/child on the lot). Googled it a bit ago because it seems like a mod that would probably be made, but I didn't find anything.
Also a mod that keeps family ties after a baby is adopted by another family. I recently started a rotation and had Orlando Centowski (?) and his wife put their son up for adoption (I only wanted to see what their genetics would look like, Orlando already had 3 children that lived with them and the wife had 1 that lived with them and another that lived with her ex-husband), and I tend to let sims pick their own spouses (e.g. whoever they end up wanting to roll the want to be best friends with) so when Joey grew up and kept rolling the want to be friends with his half-Sister (whom I forgot was his stepsister as they look nothing alike), and then flirt.. and then woohoo and then marry, and then after their 2 children I was thinking "I wonder if Joeys birth parents still come up as related" and I was like "oh wait.." and I don't pay much attention so now I'm wondering if in other neighborhoods I've accidentally married of distant relatives (cousins, etc. I never keep track of family trees)

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#2133 Old Yesterday at 10:35 PM
You can put a sim up for adoption with the sim blender. I've only done it once but it worked a treat, the toddler was first in line to be adopted. Then if you want to reset family ties you could also do that with the sim blender, although it would server new ties.

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#2134 Old Yesterday at 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieOReilly
Yeah, that's not how it used to work. I suspect maybe it hasn't been updated for the phone changes in later EP's. It used to give you a pop up in the corner when the phone started ringing, not after the call had been answered. Either that, or it's conflicting with something in your game.
I'll try it then. I don't have the later EP's so it might work for me.
Page 86 of 86

Section jump