Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 4660 (Who?), Viewed: 346679 times.
Page 187 of 187
Scholar
#4651 Old Yesterday at 11:54 AM
Field Researcher
#4652 Old Yesterday at 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilingOil
Wouldn't it also be fun if sims could offer their furniture and objects for sale on this eBay-simulation? That way, one sim can get rid of their goods at hopefully a better price than by *selling* through the catalogue, while at the same time another sim gets a cheap alternative to *buying* through the catalogue!

Heck yes! I also thought of one other thing: If you win an item, the closest person who was in the bidding war with you (relationship and lifetime points-wise) will become furious at you. I'm sure this mod would be difficult and long-winded, but it would be so funny and cool to see. I know that Simslice has a "home shopping phone" which lets you buy stuff like the aspiration rewards, so that's a start.
Mad Poster
#4653 Old Yesterday at 2:15 PM
You can do home shopping with Monique's computer. Not bidding though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#4654 Old Yesterday at 3:41 PM
Remi also extracted maxis braces textures from the game here (along with hidden hickies textures, lol, I wonder what maxis was planning to do with them).
Test Subject
#4655 Old Yesterday at 5:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
I do yard sales. More fun then just selling stuff in buy mode, that is if a family has a lot to sell, so it's worth starting temporary home business. I know, it's not the same as SimBay and getting shoved, but then something interesting could happen on a yard sale as well.

For a action like this it would be cool, to have a small Sales stand. That you can put in front of the House and People that walk by can check a Pinboard or something were the stuff to sell is marked on... and "Auto" Buy it. So you dont need to "Open" a Business on the Lot. Of course allso good when you want to sell your over Production on stuff you made while "Training" your Sim.
Test Subject
#4656 Old Yesterday at 6:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilingOil
That's why it would be cool if you could simply select the object, offer it for sale on the computer, have other sims in the hood bid, and then select the 'winner'. Then the object simply disappears from the lot, and the money is credited to household funds.
In the meantime, the buyer's household funds is lowered by the same amount, and the object is placed in their inventory.

No need to start a (temporary) home business, no yard sale, and no trifling with sims bringing stuff for the yard sale.

Thats true. But only fun if the funds lowered from the Buyer's Account - only when its a Player action and not a "NPC" one... Else many of my Sims go fast into -$
Scholar
#4657 Old Yesterday at 7:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Base
Thats true. But only fun if the funds lowered from the Buyer's Account - only when its a Player action and not a "NPC" one... Else many of my Sims go fast into -$

Not necessarily. The system could make sure that uncontrolled sim never bids more than they currently have in household funds. Sims that can't afford an item, should not be able to bid.
And if somesim gets the item, it's only fair that they also pay for it. If the player later gets to that household and finds them without cash, they can sell the bought objects again. If you don't want them to pay, then they also don't win the item. Fair is fair.
Furthermore, sims of a currently unplayed household should ONLY be able to bid if there is a working computer on the lot. Computers in a sim's inventory are not working and can not be used to bid.

*I* think that I'm an idiot. If *you* press the "disagree" button, I'll take that as a compliment and appreciate it a lot :)
Field Researcher
#4658 Old Yesterday at 10:50 PM
Thank you, joandsarah! I just installed that and I like it quite a bit. One other thing I'd like to see modded in (or back in, technically) is the first person camera. Apparently the mod existed on this very site, but the creator deleted it... I'd love to play the game in the Sims' perspective!
Mad Poster
#4659 Old Yesterday at 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Base
For a action like this it would be cool, to have a small Sales stand. That you can put in front of the House and People that walk by can check a Pinboard or something were the stuff to sell is marked on... and "Auto" Buy it. So you dont need to "Open" a Business on the Lot. Of course allso good when you want to sell your over Production on stuff you made while "Training" your Sim.

You can sort of do that, put the items out the front and use the auto till. I was thinking of putting a few gnome pumpkins out not set for sale, and seeing who steals them.

@frogz2007 What, Monique's computer? Make sure you get the latest version.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#4660 Old Today at 12:22 AM
Mad Poster
#4661 Old Today at 12:23 AM
Good, that's the updated version.

~Call me Jo~
Page 187 of 187