Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 3307 (Who?), Viewed: 286873 times.
Page 133 of 133
Mad Poster
#3301 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 4:55 AM
It's probably a reward for the promotion. Why don't you take the rest of the day off as well.
#3302 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 5:53 AM
I would like to see an in-game random scenario prompter. Basically, the mod is not random at all. It's just a series of storylines that may appear in the form of messageboxes in the upper righthand corner, caused by clicking on an object mod somewhere in the world. There will be 100 different scenarios, typed up in the mod, and the player just has to click on the mod in-game to get a "random" scenario prompt.

I have seen that a similar mod has been made before in the form of the Bible, which gives a Bible verse. This tells me that you can actually make a mod that stores messagebox prompts.
#3303 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 6:42 AM
What I'd like to see is a mod that enables one to make a scenario for your own game-there are several over at the N99 forum that include a storyline scenario, created by the designers of the neighborhood that has it.

Nobody has ever divulged the code that they used to make it with.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
#3304 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by Charity
Is Admire a romantic action? I always thought that it was a more a checking you out and like what I see rather than just a compliment on something they've done. That might explain why people reject it if they aren't attracted to the other person.
For an expert opinion on romantic actions I asked Joel Ferguson of New Desconia (28 concurrent lovers and counting -- and he's still a teen!). He doesn't think it's a romantic action as such, but, like the friendly hug, it's a very useful part of his seduction technique. He'd never use it as the opening gambit in a seduction, but it doesn't half help things along in the early stages. Often, he says, when a boy's not ready to be charmed (it's mostly other boys that he seduces) he'll accept your admiration. "Admire him a few times, and then he'll let you charm him too. It won't be long till you're making out. I've never failed yet. " He then gave me a demonstration of how to completely seduce a stranger in under 12 hours.

Admire is a "sub-option" under Appreciate... and is the only way a Sim can show appreciation in the early stages of a relationship. So it might mean, "I find you irresistibly hot!", or it might mean, "I'm very impressed by the contribution you're making to community life." It contributes to building a relationship that might turn into romance, but I'm pretty sure it won't give you crush or love tags till you do something more explicitly romantic. We really could do with some more options under "Appreciate". As I've mentioned before, I'd really like an "Appreciate... Thank" option so you could show your appreciation to a Sim who has helped you. That should never produce a negative response.

Thanks for that link @Annaminna. I'd forgotten about that mod. I think I'll give it a try.
Yes, @Zaratrhustra! I'd love a mod to allow realistic services in church, especially now that more and more Veronavillians are going to church on a Sunday morning. At the moment they get a 3 hour sermon (thanks to the pulpit from Retail Sims), followed by all sorts of shenanigans after the service . Unfortunately I think it would be a very difficult mod to make.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Test Subject
#3305 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Armypuppy2
A hack that allows songs we like onto the game instead of the jibberish we usually hear.
You have a "Music" folder in EA Games/SIms 2/Music and you have there subfolders with genres and you can put songs you like i for example "college rock" and that song will appear in you gane you can utick in the option "jibberish!"
#3306 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 5:46 AM
I've always wished TS2 took after TS1 in that specific clothes could only be bought from particular clothing racks, like the superstar outfits with the clothing rack that came with the EP. It would personalise clothing businesses heaps more.

My downloads at Wordpress
(recolours, lots, TV channels)
Top Secret Researcher
#3307 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 7:22 AM
I wish Sims could be directed to shovel snow off of specific tiles. I'm glad the driveways automatically stay more-or-less clear, but it seems like the walkways and porches and patios should also be able to be cleared off a bit, instead of being buried in fluffy white powder until it melts everywhere.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#3308 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 5:59 PM
Pizzatron just posted something in the Pet Peeves thread about where the secret society handshake is categorized.

Which prompted this thought: we should have more 'secret' fraternal organizations, from teen through elder, with their associated charities. I want Sim Shriners to own and fund my hospital!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Page 133 of 133