Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2017 Calendar Contest Winners! - posted on Yesterday at 12:07 AM
Replies: 4857 (Who?), Viewed: 357698 times.
Page 195 of 195
#4851 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 7:57 PM
Doesn't Triplets and Quads let you adjust the chances for them?

Anyways, I had a brief moment of panic when the Ottomas twins turned out to be Ottomas quads!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Caption the picture above you.
Mad Poster
#4852 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 8:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Doesn't Triplets and Quads let you adjust the chances for them?

Yes, it does. I changed the odds to 90% chance of a single baby, 7% chance of twins, 2% chance of triplets and 1% chance of quads, which works nicely for me in my game. I also edit individual sim's odds so that sims with the Family aspiration fertility benefit have higher odds of multiples.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#4853 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 10:48 PM
As much as I would love my game to give me quads (never has!) the thought of Ottomas quads makes me want to run away to the mountains.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#4854 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 10:48 PM
There is a version, though, that allows you not to choose..and that's the version I have. Russian Roulette by Baby, I call it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Field Researcher
#4855 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 1:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauratje86
Yes, it does. I changed the odds to 90% chance of a single baby, 7% chance of twins, 2% chance of triplets and 1% chance of quads, which works nicely for me in my game. I also edit individual sim's odds so that sims with the Family aspiration fertility benefit have higher odds of multiples.

Can you also figure it in a way that sets the possibility of triplets at 1% and quads at 0%?
Mad Poster
#4856 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 1:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
Can you also figure it in a way that sets the possibility of triplets at 1% and quads at 0%?

I have never tried to do so as I like having the possibility of quads in my game, but I think that it would be possible to configure it to set the chance of quads to 0%.
Mad Poster
#4857 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 4:42 PM
Modifying the chance of twins does not require triplets/quads mods. It's very easy to do, just a simple BCON edit. I've modified it in my game, I'd be happy to help anyone who wants to change it in their game as well. I don't know if triplets/quads lets you set chance to 0% in game, but it's easy to do so in SimPE. I use it so that I can pick which parent stays home, but I have triplets/quads both set to 0%.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Scholar
#4858 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 8:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauratje86
I have never tried to do so as I like having the possibility of quads in my game, but I think that it would be possible to configure it to set the chance of quads to 0%.

Yup, it's certainly possible. All you need to do is go to the option to set quad odds and click the x on the screen where you set the odds. It then asks if you want to set them to zero.
Page 195 of 195