Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 2571 (Who?), Viewed: 241538 times.
Page 103 of 103
Test Subject
#2551 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 8:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzatron-9000
Agreed. If I ever wanted to break into someone's house and steal something, only for an angry Rottweiler to jump up and greet me at the window while I was jimmying the door right next to it, I'd very strongly consider moving on to the next house.

So large dogs should have the same effect at detering burglars. Maybe small dogs could have that effect too; even though small dogs can't physically stop a burglar, they can be pretty daggumed noisy and can thus alert someone who can stop the burglar. That's why the Tibetans started to breed Lhasa Apsos about four-thousand years back: the little dogs would sound off and let the Buddhist monks inside know whenever they had any burglars, spies, assassins or other undesireables snooping around. My parents have an eight-year-old Lhasa Apso named Tibby. Even after all these years, whenever I get out of my car and start coming up the walk, that little bitch gets loud. So I try to avoid visiting my folks at 3 AM; for one, it's common courtesy, and for two, if Tibby wakes Dad up at oh-dark-thirty, he's coming outside with the shotgun. No one's stealing their house's copper pipes on Tibby's watch.
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض شركة جلي بلاط بالرياض

I definitely wouldn't trust a cat to guard a house against burglars, though. Against mice and bugs, yes. Against anything bigger than that, cats are useless.

As for the next thing on our hacky wish list? I haven't been playing very much TS2 for about a week now because of my other hobbies: roleplaying games and drawing. I've been posting and working some more on my forum-based Dungeons & Dragons 3.25 campaign, "The Fall and Rise of the House of Ainsley". I've also been doodling and sketching some fancy pictures for said D&D campaign, and on the side I've also been working on my upcoming Street Fighter: The Storytelling Game campaign, which I hope to soon be running at the Geek World store in Tyler. Yes, the Street Fighter game exists, and I have the complete collection of all its core books and supplements, plus the screen. My campaign's going to rock the hands off a clock.

So why can't TS2 have a Game Master's Screen for a Simmy-styled tabletop roleplaying game? You buy the Game Master's Screen for, say, Simerica's favorite roleplaying game, Sul-Sul: The Gerbitzing. You put the screen on a dinner table, you make sure that the table's surrounded by chairs, and you have one of your Sims use the screen. That Sim sits down behind the screen; he's now the game master. Then that Sim invites other Sims to Join, and they sit down in the other chairs at that table; they're now the players. Then the game master and the players all spawn sheets of paper and funny-looking dice on the table in front of them, and they start playing, and they all start getting Fun, Social, Comfort and Games enthusiasm. I'm not sure if a big map and a bunch of miniatures could spawn in the center of the table, given how TS2 handles its tables and its seating. But it would be nice.

Back in my Air Force years, a bunch of my buddies and I used to hijack the pool table in our barracks' second-floor dayroom for our weekly RPGs, one of which was "The Reign of the Shadow King," my three-year-long "D&D 1.5" campaign (a hybrid of Red Box D&D and AD&D). So maybe Sims could also use the Game Master Screen with a billiards table and some chairs around it. It would give Sims something to do with their billiards tables besides playing billiards, wouldn't it?

Been wanting this since Pets came out. I actually expected dogs to be able to do this. Got a large breed dog for my sims. Next time the burglar came, nothing. Not even a bark from the useless mutt! Been waiting for the wonderful "dogs can fight sims" mod ever since. Still hoping it comes!
Test Subject
#2552 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 8:58 PM
Shareable Downtown areas without all the hassle of making a Megahood and potentially destroying my game.
Alchemist
#2553 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie
Shareable Downtown areas without all the hassle of making a Megahood and potentially destroying my game.

Shareable Downtowns would break your game faster than a Megahood would.
Top Secret Researcher
#2554 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkannie
I would love an object that forces Sims to sit down and stay seated until indicated otherwise by me. I am sick and tired of weddings going badly because of add Sims wandering around while the marriage is taking place. Also, I get frustrated that quite a few guests never take a seat during the service, and it's a crap shoot how the service will play out since seating only takes place once the marriage is about to start. Being able to click on the wedding arch and choose an option to seat everyone before it can start would save a lot of hassles.

another reason why having the seating take place only when the ceremony is about to begin is, there's hardly any time for them all to sit. Nor do marrying Sims allow for enough time. Just a few seconds, then it's over. It's so irritating that I hardly ever want to bother throwing wedding parties. Guests never sit when they're supposed to, or gather during the toast or cake cutting.

I have a chair that requires everyone to sit down-it's called the 'captive chair' (made by XPTL, who's cool with sharing) and it makes everyone sit down. I use it for weddings and funerals. Here's the link to it in my mediafire files: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles

It works! People will arrive at the festivities and sit down. They'll stay more or less seated during the ceremony and then have fun afterwards.
It's the first file in the list; there's another one by Gwenke also-and the 'funeral bits' hack by Cathair, which serves to allow the player to have funerals complete with eulogies.
Lab Assistant
#2555 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:31 PM
- A mod that disable aging of sims and animals (so I don't have to use the cheat 'aging off' or to change age with SimPE)
- Breath holding contest. (both in pool and on dry land)

Che il sultano mantenga le tradizioni nella propria terra, ma non tenti di imporle ad altri regnanti.
That the sultan may keep his tradition in his own land, but not attempt to force them on other rulers.
(Vlad Țepeș)
Test Subject
#2556 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceSacco
- A mod that disable aging of sims and animals (so I don't have to use the cheat 'aging off' or to change age with SimPE)

Do you mean something like this?
Lab Assistant
#2557 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by february
Do you mean something like this?

No. I meant a mod that, when you start to play the game, aging is already disabled. Unless you don't remove that mod from your download folder.

Che il sultano mantenga le tradizioni nella propria terra, ma non tenti di imporle ad altri regnanti.
That the sultan may keep his tradition in his own land, but not attempt to force them on other rulers.
(Vlad Țepeș)
Field Researcher
#2558 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:18 PM
You could always modify your userstartup.cheat to always have aging off. http://modthesims.info/t/84924

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Alchemist
#2559 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:07 PM
That Mediafire link doesn't work. I think it takes you to your own personal page, so unless someone is logged in as you then they won't be able to access it.

For making people sit in chairs you could always just temporarily turn free will off until after the wedding.
Lab Assistant
#2560 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsgirl24
You could always modify your userstartup.cheat to always have aging off. http://modthesims.info/t/84924

I already did that. It didn't worked with aging off cheat. It worked just with 'Boolprop testingcheatsenabled true'

(Vlad Țepeș)
Alchemist
#2561 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:13 PM
Aging off is household specific, I don't believe the userstartup would know what to do with it.
Scholar
#2562 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 2:36 AM
I agree with gummilutt. Aging Off doesn't work in the userstartup.cheat file. I tried it when I first started to play. It must be entered for each lot, but once you enter it, it stays in force indefinitely (until you enter Aging on). I also discovered that AgeSimsCheat doesn't work in userstartup.cheat either, though it might work at neighbourhood level.

For myself I'd really like to see a hack by which, before a Sims starts to "make" a meal for himself/herself, he/she first checks if there are any other hungry Sims on the lot, and if there are, "serves" a meal for them instead. My kitchens aren't big enough for everyone to make their own meals, and, anyway, what about the children? I'm not aware of such a hack, but I'd be delighted if someone tells me that there is one and links to it!
Top Secret Researcher
#2563 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 2:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
That Mediafire link doesn't work. I think it takes you to your own personal page, so unless someone is logged in as you then they won't be able to access it.

For making people sit in chairs you could always just temporarily turn free will off until after the wedding.

Oops! I don't use my own page very often, so I forgot to share the proper page...sorry! Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n...aptiveChair.rar
Scholar
#2564 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 5:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
For myself I'd really like to see a hack by which, before a Sims starts to "make" a meal for himself/herself, he/she first checks if there are any other hungry Sims on the lot, and if there are, "serves" a meal for them instead. My kitchens aren't big enough for everyone to make their own meals, and, anyway, what about the children? I'm not aware of such a hack, but I'd be delighted if someone tells me that there is one and links to it!

I *think* this partially happens as a side feature of Pescado's Macrotastics. Or maybe it's noeatcrap, or a combination thereof.

If there's enough food in the fridge, my sims always make meals or grab snacks. Doesn't matter if anyone else is hungry or not, but with the size households I prefer, there's usually someone around who is. I don't think I have any other food related hacks than Pescado's and some custom meals.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#2565 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 8:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbee
I *think* this partially happens as a side feature of Pescado's Macrotastics. Or maybe it's noeatcrap, or a combination thereof.

If there's enough food in the fridge, my sims always make meals or grab snacks. Doesn't matter if anyone else is hungry or not, but with the size households I prefer, there's usually someone around who is. I don't think I have any other food related hacks than Pescado's and some custom meals.

Mine tend to serve meals if there are multiple hungry people on the lot even if one of those hungry people is off lot at work and only my sim kids ever try to get snacks and then spend the rest of the day complaining they're hungry while I make them clean, work out and refuse to waste more food points on them. I don't have macrotastics but I do have noeatcrap - so that annoying side feature is part of macrotastics or the combination of the two hacks.

The Brooke Family Legacy - Family Tree
Lab Assistant
#2566 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 9:42 AM
If you have Seasons, you can just make a group meal and leave it in the fridge, then kids or anyone else can get it when they're hungry. I do this to save time, so not everyone has to cook for themselves, plus I always keep one or two group meals stored so kids or others can get it whenever needed. If you're playing a small family, the group meal can actually go for the whole day.
Alchemist
#2567 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 10:37 AM
I have noeatcrap, but not macrotastics and my sims get group meals. But ... I think I do have a hack that does that. It may be a function of my leftover hack, which is unfortunately no use to anyone without the EP that introduced leftovers.
Scholar
#2568 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 3:20 PM
Well, I have macrotastics (not sure why -- I never really use its features), but I've never had noeatcrap because I like the family bonding over meals, and I just use setHour to make sure they still get to work/school. But think I'd forego a bit of family bonding to get them to autonomously cook for the whole family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanon
Mine tend to serve meals if there are multiple hungry people on the lot even if one of those hungry people is off lot at work ...
I think that would suit me perfectly. I have Neder's Variable Meal Servings so there shouldn't be too much wasted food if I adjust it properly. (I obsess over food waste both in real life and in The Sims!)

I'm a bit confused about macrotastics and noeatcrap. If I got rid of macrotastics and installed noeatcrap instead, might that make my Sims autonomously cook meals for everyone instead of just themselves? Or should I have both?
Field Researcher
#2569 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 4:22 PM
Quote:
Well, I have macrotastics (not sure why -- I never really use its features), but I've never had noeatcrap because I like the family bonding over meals, and I just use setHour to make sure they still get to work/school. But think I'd forego a bit of family bonding to get them to autonomously cook for the whole family.

I think that would suit me perfectly. I have Neder's Variable Meal Servings so there shouldn't be too much wasted food if I adjust it properly. (I obsess over food waste both in real life and in The Sims!)

I'm a bit confused about macrotastics and noeatcrap. If I got rid of macrotastics and installed noeatcrap instead, might that make my Sims autonomously cook meals for everyone instead of just themselves? Or should I have both?

And here I can't live without macrotastics and the phone plugin that goes along with it.
Lab Assistant
#2570 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 10:44 PM
Quote:

That post was in reply to someone who was suggesting it was noeatcrap, macrotastics or the combination that made them stop serving meals. I was eliminating noeatcrap on it's own from the pool of possible mods causing that behaviour and if you're finding that with macrotastics and without noeatcrap your sims don't serve meals then we have a likely winner on the hack causing that behaviour.

It you pull macrotastics and have an increase of sims autonomously serving meals then macrotastics is definitely the cuplprit.

Scholar
#2571 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 11:26 PM
I don't know, Andrew, I have a few other Pescado hacks that affect food, I guess--dontshootfood, antifoodnap, and nodiningwithscum. Being Pescado-made, they are supposed to get along together.

I think Macrotastics would likely be the cause of making meals--but maybe it's a version thing, because I have all the EPs. When you click macro-->eat then the sim makes a group meal and if he doesn't burn it, sticks it in his inventory to grab a portion from each time he (or another household member) uses the macro-->eat function. Since inventory is OFB, and you haven't got OFB, there would have to be a difference.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#2572 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 12:51 PM
The Wiki says their used to a Have 6 Children Abducted by Aliens LTW. I would like to see it resurrected.

Page 103 of 103

Section jump