Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 1:12 PM
Have you found "easter eggs" in the game?
Have you ever noticed the little jokes, references to history, and mythological references in the Sims2?

For example, there is a statue in a house in downtown - the house of Fallen Trees - of a woman, I believe it is called The Grey Lady or something similar. In the item description, it details the story of the woman in the statue, and ends with something like "and that is why no toddler or baby can die in fire." I loved this quirky comment, which provides a supernatural explanation for something in the game which is not how things are in real life.

So, has anyone else noticed something in the Sims2 which you may not notice at first glance? Feel free to provide pictures! (But please only when required).

Be it in an item description, a Maxis building, family tree, a Sim's memory, a pop-up or mix them all together to provide a fuller explanation of what happened... Tell us about it here, fellow easter egg hunters!

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 10:43 AM
Here's one I noticed a long time ago. The description of the Will Lloyd Wright Dollhouse:

"This marvel of dollhouse design is meant for children to act out fantasies of controlling little families. This incredible replica comes complete with amazingly realistic furniture and decorative items. Don't be surprised if hours upon hours are spent enjoying this little world."

This seems to me like a reference to the game itself!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
#3 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 11:06 AM
To add onto Purple Paws' Easter Egg...'Dollhouse' was what the Sims was called when Wright pitched the idea to his superiors.
Scholar
#4 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 3:12 PM
Oh yeah, I had forgotten that! That certainly makes my comparison more valid then, doesn't it?

Sensitivity is strength.
Alchemist
#5 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 3:17 PM
The tattoo that comes with one of the Uni male "rocker" outfits is this picture:

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Scholar
#6 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
The tattoo that comes with one of the Uni male "rocker" outfits is this picture:

Really? That's hilarious! Do you have a picture of the outfit?

Sensitivity is strength.
Alchemist
#7 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 11:14 AM
Yup! :D

Scholar
#8 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 11:50 AM
Lol, that's too funny!

Sensitivity is strength.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 11:53 AM
One thing is that in the CAS for YAs, one of the pictures in the background is Will Wright.

And once when I pressed "Random", a Sim that looked like Will Wright came up with the same face, but with the nerd outfit.
Alchemist
#10 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 11:55 AM
LOL Yes there are quite a few Will references in the game....one of the big rocks you can place in your Hoods is a Will Wright head, complete with glasses. You can see it in Strangetown...also the huge lot in Pleasantview is called Wright Way.

#11 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides

haha i love it never noticed that before
#12 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 2:15 PM
hahaha, that tattoo is hilarious, can't believe no one mentioned it on here before. awesome!
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 12:51 AM
OMG, that tattoo is fantastic! How did I miss that? *runs off to tell all her lolcat-loving friends*
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 1:14 AM
LMAO!! I never noticed that tattoo before!!! That's so funny! XD

Any of you remember the improbable whale statue??? It's a reference to a scene in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, where a couple of missiles are very improbably turned into a bowl of petunias and a very surprised whale.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 11:59 AM
Hehe. I've never seen the film but I noticed that and I was like: O.o

Agnes Crumplebottom is a distant relative of Cassandra Goth. I found a whole webpage discussing this subject before. She never got married, however, so Mrs Crumplebottom is not 'officially' by easter egg hunters considored to be a relative of the Goth's.

#16 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 12:03 PM
Found this on eeggs
"In the story for Pleasantville it says that it has been 25 years from the happenings of the original Sims game and Casandra Goth is grown and especially that Bella the wife of Mortimer has disappeared, but she has been found...
First of all run The Sims 2.
Then select the Pleasantville neighborhood to play in.
When the town loads click on the "Decorations" button and then select the category with the rainbow and hot air balloon with the label "Effects."
Now select the 'hot air balloon' and place it anywhere in the neighborhood.
Exit "Decorations" mode by selecting the "Houses and Lots" mode or the "Families" mode.
Find the hot air balloon that you just placed in the neighborhood and move and zoom in closely. You will see two people in the basket. Theres a lady in a red dress. Its Bella just as she looked in the original Sims game, but right next to her in the basket it appears to be a mystery man. Who could it be? "

Didn't know that, I want to see it now
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 12:14 PM
Omgosh that's quite cool. I'm gonna have to see for myself now.

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 12:29 PM
yeah, i noticed that too, StyledX!
This is cool :P

There's a thunder in our hearts, baby.
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 4:43 PM
I noticed a flying pig flying over Pleasantview yesterday, with strings dangling from it as if it had been unattached from somewhere. I guess its something that comes from OFB, I've just got that.

#20 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 8:02 PM
Yeah, apparently that was in reference to when the creators were asked if they would ever make a pets expansion for the game like unleashed for TS1. their response was "when pigs fly".. and well.. after OFB we got Pets, so I guess they kept their word.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Figgi
I noticed a flying pig flying over Pleasantview yesterday, with strings dangling from it as if it had been unattached from somewhere. I guess its something that comes from OFB, I've just got that.

It's a reference to the incident at the Bluewater Shopping Centre, UK, when a promotional huge ballon pig escaped from it's moorings and floated away.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#22 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 8:31 PM
All this is pretty awesome! I saw the peops in the balloon once when I accidentally hit the tab button. Now im even more curious...
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 9:30 AM
What about the whole 'Bella' mystery? Did Maxis intend for something to happen (like her to appear, for her grave to be found somewhere, etc.) One of the Curious brothers in Strangetown has got engaged/in-a-relationship with the Strangetown Bella (I'm aware that there is more than one). Unfortunatly Mortimer died on my game so it is unlikely I can get them back together, as the Goth family is already huge and I don't want to ressurect some of the family even if it is to reunite them.

Alchemist
#24 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 5:19 PM
Figgi - Maxis did not mean for anything special to happen with Bella. Even if you reunite them, they get no special memories, no graves appear, nothing...they won't even know eachother. Not to mention moving sims between 'hoods is dangerous business and can bork your game.

That being said, I just remembered this little easter egg...one of the Maxis people must be a Harry Potter fan :p

Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 11:45 AM
Hehe I like that one GhanimaAtreides - that's one of the most common lights I use in middle-class Sim's bathrooms - and I never looked at the name!

Edit: Today I was playing on my Royal Kingdom family, and when Queen Augusta was making some cereal (I really should move in a servant) I noticed this on the milk carton! Could it be Bella Goth?

(For some reason photobucket is making my pictures really really small. Anyone suggest an alternative?)

Page 1 of 16