Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#351 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 4:10 AM
Another note about the Caliente family Tree, Dulcinea is from Don Quixote. Not sure the reasoning behind the name choice though. It's an odd name to choose randomly, though. It may not even be an Easter egg. I just find it curious to choose such a name.

Say no to bug babies.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#352 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 10:51 PM
In Sims Life Stories, there's a duplicate Mickey Smith (Riley Harlow's future husband) in the Uneditable section, when you go into SimPE. The duplicate's name is Mickey Finn. Just now I found out what a Mickey Finn is referred to...some kind of knock-out drug.

Makes you wonder about Maxoids....
Instructor
#353 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 4:39 AM
My sim was going to make a phone call, and got the option to "report Dessert Plate missing" is that some kind of joke? Is Dessert Plate a sim?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#354 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fruitsymphony
My sim was going to make a phone call, and got the option to "report Dessert Plate missing" is that some kind of joke? Is Dessert Plate a sim?
Umm.... that's not an easter egg. That likely means your game is likely very close to dying. I would highly recommend using Mootilda's Neighborhood Corruption fixer thing.
Not affiliated with ModTheSims whatsoever
#355 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 9:38 PM
Lol, I found the "Create a Sim" room before in the Sims 2 game itself. It has two rooms, and no doors to the outside. I also saw in TS3 Create a world, they have the CAS room.
Mad Poster
#356 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TS2-Modder
Lol, I found the "Create a Sim" room before in the Sims 2 game itself. It has two rooms, and no doors to the outside. I also saw in TS3 Create a world, they have the CAS room.
Where do you find the CAS screen in Sims 2?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#357 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 3:52 PM
haha that tattoo is epic, i only noticed it after reading this :P
Test Subject
#358 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimMegaptera
Reticulating splines: I used to stare at that in TS1 and wonder what it meant. Then when I went to university I took a course in differential equations and suddenly I knew what splines were! Not well enough to do well in the course, mind you.

I like the Pets EP version: Scolding Splines for Reticulating.

I'm taking Linear Algebra and Differential Equations right now...do I get to learn this too? :D
Test Subject
#359 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by abrtx
Pascal> that's all> as so> ask all?
Vidcund> thinkin'?
I got that's so and that's all for Lazlo too... it's like preparation for LOLCATS

Pascals are a unit of measurement for pressure
Instructor
#360 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 11:41 PM Last edited by fruitsymphony : 23rd Jan 2012 at 12:03 AM.
Vidcunds character description says "Serious and exact, Vidcund strives to fit the universe into a nice tidy package. He has an unnatural fondness for African violets."

And I googled up Vidkun Quisling, he was some kind of Norwegian nazi, and on his Wikipedia page it says that he made up his own philosophy called "Universism". (made up from "Christian fundamentals, scientific developments and philosophy").

Don't know about Lazlo (Laszlo?), it sounds Hungarian to me. Pascal is French. Very pretty multicultural names.
Lab Assistant
#361 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 12:19 AM
From their described personalities, Pascal and Lazlo were likely named after Blaise Pascal and Ervin László .
Alchemist
#362 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ginrouken
From their described personalities, Pascal and Lazlo were likely named after Blaise Pascal and Ervin László .

How about Vidcund? Do you have any idea?
Instructor
#363 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 5:55 PM
I am not really saying that this is an "Easter egg", Also, it is from The Sims 1 not Sims 2, but, anyways I noticed that this sculpture in TS 1 looks a lot like this one, in my home town!
Lab Assistant
#364 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
How about Vidcund? Do you have any idea?
Probably Vidkun Quisling, as fruitsymphony mentioned above. The Maxis description for Vidcund fits the core structure of Vidkun's Universism well.

...not to mention that batshit characterization in the PSP version version of TS2 where Vidcund actually kidnaps Pascal's baby for scientific experiments, which... I guess fits the whole "named after a Nazi sympathizer" theme.

(though I refuse to take that as canon because in my Strangetown Vidcund and Pascal are BFFs, and. just. shut up Maxis, I like Vidcund and you can't ruin him for me okay)
#365 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 2:19 AM Last edited by BloodyScholastic : 30th Jan 2012 at 2:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kayteh_SC
I actually found this right after i read through this topic x]

I discovered how much the Goth's from Pleasantview have in common with the Roth's from Riverblossum Hills. I don't know how many people realized this but..

The Roths
Morty Roth (Mortimer Goth)
Stella Roth (Bella Goth)
Sandra Roth (Cassandra Goth)
Xander Roth (Alexander Goth)

I thought it was pretty interesting comparing their bio's, especially between Mortimer/Morti and Cassandra/Sandra.
Mortimer: Cheerful and outgoing, Mortimer brings his old country upbringing into the modern age. He has an unsual fondness for insects.
Morti:Charming, yet sophisticated, Morty brings a bit of high society to the small town of Riverblossom Hills. He hopes that the fresh air and nearby relations will do his family some good.
Cassandra:Cassandra is the quiet, mysterious type. Nobody ever knows quite what she's thinking.
Sandra:Sandra is loud and boisterous and has no problems letting people know what's on her mind - and right now that's Jacob Martin!

They even have similar homes ;o
I don't have enough posts to post a link or else i'd share a picture. I thought it was pretty nifty :P

I knew all of them from the 1st time i was playing Roths family.
Maxis made those resemblances of Goths on purpose, the most famous Sims family
Test Subject
#366 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 10:12 PM
I love the Grey Lady one.
Forum Resident
#367 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
I knew all of them from the 1st time i was playing Roths family.
Maxis made those resemblances of Goths on purpose, the most famous Sims family

Isn't the Cordial family supposed to resemble the Pleasant girls? I'm pretty sure I read something about this. The house is either the exact same floor plan as the Pleasants or close to it.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Field Researcher
#368 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 6:46 PM
Default Easter eggs?did you know?
I found this before and thought i would see what do you think after you read it,did you know about them before?its amazing!
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_...ggs_in_The_Sims
Mad Poster
#369 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 6:49 PM
There's already a thread about this, miss.pink: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...t=334956&page=3

And yes, people knew about it for sometime now (a long time actually).
Field Researcher
#370 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 5:12 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the Cold Issue clothing store downtown is a reference to Hot Topic in real life. Get it? Hot Topic, Cold Issue? lol.

I have a simblr now! Check it out: simblr
Had a long day and need a laugh? Check this out for funny sims stuff!
Mad Poster
#371 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 11:22 PM
I missed that one. Brilliant!
Alchemist
#372 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ohgreatone22
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the Cold Issue clothing store downtown is a reference to Hot Topic in real life. Get it? Hot Topic, Cold Issue? lol.
And Papaya Regime in Bluewater Village = Banana Republic.
Lab Assistant
#373 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 7:34 AM
Not sure how well this classifies as an easter egg, but I've noticed recently when my female sims are around a sim/partner whom they are attracted to, they'll flap their hands at their face and say "ohhh l'amour.." which means "love" in French.
Mad Poster
#374 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
In Sims Life Stories, there's a duplicate Mickey Smith (Riley Harlow's future husband) in the Uneditable section, when you go into SimPE. The duplicate's name is Mickey Finn. Just now I found out what a Mickey Finn is referred to...some kind of knock-out drug.

Makes you wonder about Maxoids....

And Mickey Smith happens to be . . . well, Mickey Smith:

I wonder if after the game ends, a TARDIS shows up requesting his help.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Top Secret Researcher
#375 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 9:46 PM
Found one last night - I'm playing a cop's house, and his carpool is "Car 45." (Guess they're still looking for Car 54.)
Page 15 of 16