Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 16 (Who?), Viewed: 531 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 3:42 PM
Default Cleanest, quickest, safest way to "eliminate" a large number of sims?
I was a little overly enthusiastic about populating my hood and I simply have too many families. It is starting to feel overwhelming and impersonal. I would like it to have a cozier, more intimately connected feel so I need to eliminate about half of them. I really adore this hood and its core families, their lives and their stories are very dear to me, so I would rather not start fresh. I have no experience killing sims, I have never even witnessed a sim death and I've been playing for years. So, any suggestions?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 3:54 PM
If you don't want to have to kill them, but want them out of your way, you could use the prison token. It's a CC object, that when your Sim has it in inventory, prevents it from appearing at community lots or as a walk-by. Basically, they'll be there on their lots, but they won't show up anywhere.

Less time-consuming than to kill them all, and less risky because you don't have graves you have to be careful with.

If I wanted to kill off a large population of the hood, I would personally do so by sickness. Feels easier to explain, story-wise. There was a plague, people died, the end. I'd use real sickness mod, and a mod to allow many Sims to live together. I'd get everyone I want to kill (possibly in rounds, if there are too many) in one lot, in a large closed room with no doors. I'd turn off free will, and use a mod or boolprop to infect someone with the flu. Then just watch it spread and wait until everyone has died. Shouldn't take that long with free will off and real sickness mod. Once done, I'd remove the mods and go on with my simming life.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 4:02 PM
Thank you for your suggestions, gummilutt. But I want to bulldoze their houses and redesign the hood a little to give it a closer, more intimate feel. So I can't have them hanging about on their lots. As for the sickness mod and locking everyone in a room together, that sounds so heartless and awful, I don't think I could bear to do watch them suffer like that, especially since many of the families have children. I was looking for something clean and quick. But thank you, I'll keep these suggestions in mind.
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 4:17 PM
The Sim Manipulator has a secondary spawned item that looks like a scythe. When you spawn it, you can choose how to kill anyone on the lot. You can make everyone die of old age if you want, then move the tombstones to another lot. I recently did this with all the Bluewater Shopping District Sims as I have one version of them in another hood, and couldn't deal with having two of everyone. The one family that had a child, I grew up first. Those are the only Sims I have ever killed though (on purpose that is).
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 4:23 PM
I've been killing off a bunch of Sims - in my case, townies, because I mostly just like playing my Sims and I get tired of these random Sims I have no interest in showing up. I have a hard time watching Sims die, though, so the easiest way I've found for killing Sims is with the death cheat. You put "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" in the cheat window, shift and right click on your active Sim, select "Spawn," select "Rodney's Death Creator," and when you click on the death creator, you can decide which way you want your active Sim to die. (Remember to turn off boolprop when you're done, by putting "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false" in the cheat window.)
Forum Resident
#6 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 4:48 PM
The other thing you could do is to leave a house running while you go to bed or go out. Some of them will probably end up dead but you don't have to watch or know what happened!

Real sickness is a good idea, just let it run through the hood, you don't need to stick them in a room together. Ban comfort soup, and make anybody infected live their life as normal, tell them to lie/sit down but they won't, and don't let them miss work/school. It will kill off ~70% of your sims if you let it run this way.

Or - could you move the unwanted families to a different subhood, and say they moved away? Get the mod for "local walkbys" and use the visitor controller to ban nonlocals from community lots. They'd still be there if you wanted to visit them but you don't have to play them or deal with them.

And one last suggestion - just turn them all into townies. Age toddlers and babies up to child first (or use a mod to place them for adoption). It doesn't matter that they have family relationships, though you might want to use the townie age function which comes with Freetime (or SyberSpunk's version) to keep them in sync with anyone they are related to and/or have strong relationships with.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools): Here at simbology
Alchemist
#7 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 5:13 PM
If you use this way the active Sim on the lot will get the memories of all the death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eveysmom
I've been killing off a bunch of Sims - in my case, townies, because I mostly just like playing my Sims and I get tired of these random Sims I have no interest in showing up. I have a hard time watching Sims die, though, so the easiest way I've found for killing Sims is with the death cheat. You put "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" in the cheat window, shift and right click on your active Sim, select "Spawn," select "Rodney's Death Creator," and when you click on the death creator, you can decide which way you want your active Sim to die. (Remember to turn off boolprop when you're done, by putting "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false" in the cheat window.)

For me I make a (what I call a grave holding lot) for Sims I have no need or want to see and place the lot at the edge of the hood, you will need to have a elder Sim live on the lot and use the teleporter cat to bring all the Sims you don't want to the lot and use "Rodney" Death Creator" to kill them off with. After all this is done you can age up the grave keeper by the age up cheat and the sim will die at 6pm.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Meet Me In My Next Life
#8 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 9:07 PM
I "Refuse" under all circumstances to turn myself or become a "serial Killer" I don't want nightmares of my Sims, I need to sleep, eat, I don't want to be caught and haul off to "jail" for life, and have the Sims court and judge throw the key under the jail. I don't want my picture posted in Sims City as wanted dead or alive. I do not want all the "Ghosts" haunting me here or in the Sims world. with that said again I refuse.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
#9 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 9:28 PM
From what you say, you won't be any happier about killing your Sims than I would be. I've never seen a Sim die either, and I reckon, if I could, I'd jump into a burning hot tub to try to save the life of a Sim.

So don't kill them! There's no point in giving yourself nightmares!

So turn them into townies as simsfreq suggests.

Or give them Inge's prisoner tokens as gummilutt suggests. If necessary you could add a small subhood, and move them all to houses there, out of sight and out of mind.

Or just move the families to the Family Bin. As far as I know all you'll ever see of them then is that one might occasionally come home from work or school with one of your Sims. I don't think they ever appear on community lots or as walk-by's. In fact I've never seen a Family Bin Sim turn up in my game at all.

Let them live!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 10:14 PM
The don't have to all be on their own lots, just move them all to one prison lot. You would need a larger families mod and prisoner token and you never have to see them again.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives. - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 11:06 PM
Exactly what Joanandsarah said-give the ones you want to get rid of the prisoner token (put it in their inventory), and then turn them all into townies-or even downtownies. If you have the Visitor Controller from Two Jeffs, you can ban them off house lots, and community lots-you'll have extra people on hand if you should ever need them, too-not a bunch of ghosts, who can be very boring after a while.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 11:48 PM
You guys are amazing, thank you for all the ideas. I am going to move them all into a subhood and download "local walk-bys" and say they all moved away.
Scholar
#13 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 12:44 AM
Wonderful! I'm glad you decided not to kill them. I'm sure you weren't happy with that idea. And they really have just moved away, so if you change your mind about any of them, you can easily move them back. A lot easier than resurrection!

Make a backup before you create your sub-hood just in case anything goes wrong. I back up at least once a fortnight so there's always a recent version of my game I can revert too.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 4:15 AM
And I'm sure the sims involved are thankful as well!

Quote:
"We escaped death once more! Let's go out and woohoo!"
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 7:34 AM
Which do you want?

a) half of your population to be dead/gone/non-existent
or
b) gameplay to revolve around your core families

If a) then I would suggest opening SimPE, making a list of the sims you intend to delete, backup your hood, open the game, use the ffs debugger (aka Bat-Box) to prep each sim for deletion (aka Burnination) by "unlinking" them, then exit and use Theo's Deleter in SimPE to remove the character files completely.

If b) then I would turn all sims you don't want to play anymore into townies, then set up Visitor Controllers on all your lots and ban townies. In situations where you want townies, you can always switch it back so they start showing up again.

There is also a third option, which I have done before when 1 or 2 families in a hood became more interesting than the rest of the hood itself. Start a spin-off hood.

Re-create these families in a brand new empty neighborhood (Export their appearance with Sim Surgery in SimPE, reset all their stats/points/whatever in SimPE) and build a new story around them. You can pretend is it like a parallel universe where they live, or you can make it a sub-story within their main story, or vice-versa, or what have you and all that nonsense it's entirely up to you
Test Subject
#16 Old Yesterday at 3:42 AM
The only Sim I would like to see die is that ruddy Nanny. God! that woman annoys me. She used to show up whenever my adult Sims had to go to work before the kids went to school. Now have a mod to stop that happening, but she still shows up now and then for reasons I can't quite fathom. That said, I hate the whole business of killing off Sims. When I played Sims 1 I wanted to have ghosts on a lot I was developing so, rather than wait for them to die by accident I tried walling one up in build mode and leaving them to die of starvation. It was awful! Listening to their howls of anguish, 'they're only computer generated sprites for Gods sake' I kept telling myself. In the end I relented and let the poor fellow live! And when I lost my first Sim, a little girl called Georgina, it wasn't even to death, she got so far behind with her school grades she was sent off to military academy and I never saw her again. I was heartbroken. No, I can't kill a Sim.
Mad Poster
#17 Old Yesterday at 5:56 AM
If you kill a nanny the game will simply make another one.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives. - Unknown
~Call me Jo~

Section jump