Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 16 (Who?), Viewed: 3395 times.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 10:05 PM
Default Tutorial: Resurrecting Sims without using Resurrect-O-Nomitron
Hello everyone! I'm sure for those of you who don't have University installed, you've probably wanted sometime to revive your dead Sim. While University makes it easy using Resurrect-O-Nomitron, I'm going to show you the "manual" way of making your Sim alive again. Let's go!

I'm going to show this tutorial in The Sims Castaway Stories. Everything's the same, except you won't have to do the extra step or have as much stuff to begin with.

THINGS YOU'LL NEED:
- SimPE
- (Optional; for Castaway Stories only) Castaway Person Globals Hack

"Being not-like-most-people is so obviously a good thing sometimes, it makes me feel good about who I actually am, I hope it does the same for you." -Pete Shukoff (aka Nice Peter)
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 10:05 PM
Default Opening the neighborhood
BACKUP YOUR GAME !!! Don't you dare blame it on me if something goes wrong!

1. Open up SimPE.

2. (Extra step; only for CS) Make sure your filetable is set to read Castaway Stories' files only; that way you won't waste your time while SimPE loads files you don't need.

3. Click on Open, and then go to your Documents folder. Then, carry on to "EA Games\The Sims 2 Neighborhoods" ("Electronic Arts\The Sims Castaway Stories\Neighborhoods" for CS), and if you're playing The Sims 2, enter your neighborhood. It's pretty easy to recognize them if you enter the folder and see the picture. Open the one where your dead Sim is.
(If you're playing CS, you'll find different folders in there. "00000000" stands for default profile, anything else stands for anything else. Check the "Profiles" file in the folder for more info. Once you enter a folder you'll find N001 and N002 folders - 01 is for "Shipwrecked and Single", while 02 is for "Wanmami Island".)
Open the NEIGHBORHOOD file, not the suburb files.

4. Now wait. Usually now is when SimPE's reloading everything. Take a cup of coffee, watch a bit of TV (or vacuum as I did).

"Being not-like-most-people is so obviously a good thing sometimes, it makes me feel good about who I actually am, I hope it does the same for you." -Pete Shukoff (aka Nice Peter)
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 10:05 PM
Default Deleting the Dead token
5. Everything should be loaded when you start seeing stuff in your Resource List (the right side). Is it there? Okay.

6. First, we'll delete the dead token your Sim has. Basically, the game categorizes whether your Sim is dead or not by that token. The ones who have it are "dead".
From the Resource List (left) scroll down until you see "Neighborhood/Memory (NGBH) (1)". Click on it. Now, your Resource List (right) should display only one item, "Neighborhood/Memory". Click on that. Make sure you clicked on "Plugin View" down there.

7. From the dropdown list, you'll see households from your neighborhood/island. Dead Sims are usually found under "Default", so search for that. It may take longer to load that list.

8. Once the list is loaded, look for your Sim you want to resurrect.
(Note: the list is going to show all sorts of Sims there. Do NOT edit Sims with blue background or special Sims (such as Grim Reaper, Hula Zombie and so on).)

9. Found them? Okay, now at the right of the plugin view there should be their memories. Scroll through them. One of them, which doesn't have any picture, should say "[invisible] Token - I Am Dead {}". Right-click on that and select "Cascade Delete Selection". Commit your changes.

Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 10:06 PM Last edited by DJ. : 23rd Feb 2014 at 8:51 PM.
Default Removing ghost flags
10. Okay, so the game won't recognize your Sim as dead anymore. But they're still dead; they're ghosts. We need to fix that, if you want to actually be able to play your Sim.
In the Resource Tree, search for "Sim Description (SDSC)". Click on it. In the Resource List, there may be A LOT of Sims - all the Sims in your neighborhood/island! Hehe... now find your Sim. (Tip: click on the "Name" tab - it'll sort Sims' names in alphabetical order.)

11. You found them? You're doing great, we're almost over. So, click on them. In the plugin view, you should see his thumbnail picture along with some info. The one that should poke your eye is the remaining days your Sim has until their 'next birthday': 65535. Change that value to the default value Sims have before they grow up (toddlers - 4, children - 8, teenagers - 15, adults - 29, elders up to 31). [see more info in post #6].

12. Now, making your Sim fully alive - while still in plugin view, click on the Other tab. From there, untick every box from "Ghost Flags" tab.

13. That's it. Now all we have to do is join your Sim to your household in-game.
Open the game.

Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 10:06 PM
Default Adding Sim to household
14. If you play The Sims 2, enter "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" (without quotes) in the cheatbox. If you play CS, make sure Carrigon's Person hack is in your Downloads folder.

15. Enter any lot; it doesn't have to be the lot where your Sim's grave is located. (Tip: load the household you want to join your Sim in.)

16. If you've entered the lot where your Sim's grave was, within a few Sim hours you should get the "Sim has been resurrected on another lot!" message. Everything's going by plan.

17. Now, shift click (if you're playing TS2) on any Sim in the chosen household. (If you're playing CS, you don't need to shift click.) Look under "Spawn...", and then choose "Tombstone of L & D". A tombstone should appear near your Sim. No, that's not your Sim's grave; that's a cheat object.

18. Click on the tombstone and click on "Add Neighbor To Family..." and under it search for your Sim's name. (Note: only first names of Sims are displayed on the tombstone.)

19. If you've done everything above correctly, your dead Sim will now be fully controllable, standing there right in front of your very eyes! Congratulations!

Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 10:07 PM Last edited by DJ. : 23rd Feb 2014 at 9:03 PM.
Default Misc. Notes
Detailed info about step #11:
-You can only set values less than noted in the step (ie you can set a toddler's value to 0-4, child's 0-8, teen's 0-14, adult's 0-29 and elder's 1-31 (I wouldn't advise setting it to 0, since the elder will immediately die after resurrection)).
-Setting a value higher than the ones above will result in Sims not aging until the "remaining days" in SimPE is set to the appropriate value. (A workaround for this is to get an extended aging mod.)
-I wouldn't recommend resurrecting babies. In fact, I don't think there's a way a game would successfully attach ghost flags + dead token to a baby.
-If you're resurrecting young adults, make sure you're joining them to a household on a campus. Young adults age differently than adults (you don't need to modify their "remaining days") - and to age properly, they need to be on a university. (Reciprocal - do not add any other age group to a household on university.)

Banned
#7 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 10:10 PM
If you have FT and get the genie lamp you can also do it that way. If you want them brought back as a zombie, an evil witch can do that if you have AL.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 10:12 PM
There are people like past you, Matt, who hated on every single EP there was, or for some other reason they don't have it.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 10:15 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 16th Apr 2013 at 10:27 PM.
DJ., you and Josepina should be given achievements for writing tutorials.

(I myself wrote a small tutorial too, on MTS's wiki, but didn't get one either.)
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 11:16 PM
Like I said in another post the InSimenator mod works in CS, LS and PS. I use the DEST one and it works great. (It may say it is "not supported" but it still works.} http://www.insimenator.org/
Just remember not to use it in story mode or you could break your game. I sometimes use the motive one and have had no problems in Story mode.

In both LS and PS you can also use the Sim Manipulator mod. http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
The same as the InSimenator do not use it in story mode or you could break your game.

If you are still in Story Mode do not use SimPE or it will break the story on you and you wont be able to finish the story.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 3:19 PM
Ok, Marka! I got it!

But I've written this tutorial to explain yet another method of making Sims alive again. As far as I know, there are the following methods:

University - Resurrect-O-Nomitron
FreeTime - Genie lamp (though a chance of getting a zombie)
Apartment Life - Vivificus Zombiae, the evil witch's spell (though the Sim will always be a zombie)
Third party software - Insimenator
Third party software - SimPE (this tutorial)

Instructor
#12 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 12:19 PM
You won't get problems with other sims having corrupt memories if you do this?
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 5:50 PM
Huh... not sure what you mean there. What do you consider to be a "corrupt memory"? Like, memories with junk subjects, memories with 0 instance set to anything besides 0 or 4...?

Remember; this is the same as you would resurrect your Sim with Resurrect-O-Nomitron. If you'd do it that way, then you can do it this way, too.

Test Subject
#14 Old Yesterday at 11:58 AM
Hi, i tried resurrect Hugh Thanasia and Lou Thanasia (Strangetown). In Hugh family tree is Lou alive, but I canīt add Lou to family through Tombstone L&D, because i canīt find his name. Is there any other way to add Lou to the family? Please, help me.
Mad Poster
#15 Old Yesterday at 1:39 PM
Resurrecting dead pre-mades is generally a bad idea and not what this tutorial is for. Most dead pre-made sims are not safe to resurrect as they don't have full data. I looked that name up as I suspected it was a pre made and it says it's one of Olive Specter's husbands. I don't know much about how safe they are, but I would err on the side saying not safe unless you have found it said someplace that it is safe?

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16 Old Yesterday at 3:05 PM
Very few of the ghosts in the base game neighborhoods have character data, because back when they were created, resurrection was not part of the game, even the developers didn't know much about how corruption worked, and the developers only made the parts they needed to make the ghosts as scenery.

Tarlia's made a Strangetown subhood that has given character data to as many of the ghosts as she could, but as a general rule you should leave the base game dead alone.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17 Old Yesterday at 4:18 PM
@Lenka.love If you really want to play all the dead Sims from all the Maxis hoods then get all my Beginning Hoods for I fixed all of them so I could extract them and clone and made them new in my hoods.
http://modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491

All my Beginning Hoods as shopping districts. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158

Section jump