Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#15226 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elly87
Are you sure that the two types of jogging are not caused by a mod?

The one where you choose the amount of time spent jogging sounds like this mod by Smonaff.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#15227 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 3:53 PM
That's a bit of a strange mod. Jogging is a FT interaction, and it offers BG-compatible version. Sounds like they took the stuff from FT and extracted it to make it available to lower games, creating a custom version of jogging. That's probably why it's not filling jogging wants.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#15228 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emma2015
in the defense of large bathrooms my parents bathroom in both the house we lived in when I was in lower school middle school and part of high school ha a largish master bathroom....with a medium sized jet tub.

the one we had build after my dad died and my mom married my stepdad had a BIGGER jet tub and a seperate room for the pot an a closed in shower and then a walk in closet.

I loved them.

If I ever rent or own a house I hope I'm that lucky.

and closets can be cool. their lights make a GREAT night light durring severe weather.

and great hiding places durring tornado warnings.

That's all good in real life, the house we just bought has a nice sized master bath and walk in closet but for my sims they just need a dresser Also I don't like huge bedroom sized bathrooms because I just think its wasting space. I could easily turn it into a small bedroom/office bedroom or cut it in half and make two bathrooms out of it depending on its location (a master bath and a bathroom for guests or etc)

I'm not saying I give all my sims tiny 2X3 bathrooms but definitely not big enough for it to be a bedroom.
Mad Poster
#15229 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 5:06 PM
I like the bathrooms to be big enough so that the Sims can use them with ease. Not emormous, but I like to be able to put the toddler potties ( and they may be twins) in the bathroom. Seems more logical to me
Top Secret Researcher
#15230 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I like the bathrooms to be big enough so that the Sims can use them with ease. Not emormous, but I like to be able to put the toddler potties ( and they may be twins) in the bathroom. Seems more logical to me

Especially if its a 'master' bath where I have both sims in there at once. My biggest pet peeve is when sims can't just go around each other in small tight places
Theorist
#15231 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 3:27 AM
I spent the majority of today at Olive's house, cleaning up her mess. I did get to the Curious brothers and they have the option to jog for 1-2-3 or 4 hours. Only one of them had read Physiology, so that's not where it comes from. It doesn't seem like a mod I would get considering jogging was already there. Of the two I sent jogging for one hour, their hobbies were Science and Nature so it's not hobby related. I forgot to check Pascal for it. I do remember some sims jogging, not together, and one caught poison ivy, one got chased by bees and another was followed home by the skunk. It's all a mystery to me now.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#15232 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
My biggest pet peeve is when sims can't just go around each other in small tight places

Yes! Step over the freaking toddler. XD
Mad Poster
#15233 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 11:38 AM
I can understand not wanting to stomp on the toddler, but when they are trapped in their house because the newspaper deliverer put a magazine in front the door just kills me. It's not so bad unless it's on an apartment lot where I can't pick up the magazine unless I teleport the sim out of the house.

as to the jog mod, it is very apparent to me, it is a mod of some kind. You may not have intended to download such a thing; it may have been a little present tucked inside another download, but it is most certainly a mod. The fact that no one has ever noticed it before confirms it.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Test Subject
#15234 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 3:11 PM
Today I discovered that having a well decorated garden can be absolutely devastating. One lightning strike and suddenly the bubble pool, the fence, two trees and two sims are on fire whoops
Forum Resident
#15235 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 7:56 PM
That when a sim teaches that wooden toy brick "roll over", there's a progress gauge over the brick? And I'm disproportionately amused by it.

I am Error.
Banned
#15236 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 8:00 PM
There's no point in having a garden unless you are going to do it yourself. Gardeners are not very reliable.
Mad Poster
#15237 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 3:37 AM
Stuff I'd never seen before. Apparently I don't play houses with lots of children enough.

Big brother sitting down to play with the toddler rabbit with his little sister (nope, actually his cousin. Too many children to keep track of lol). Then Uncle also got down to play too (and got his ass booted because noone could use the bathroom). Same big brother rolling a want to play peekaboo (this time it is his sister). Never seen a child roll that one before. Child autonomously washing his face at the sink.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#15238 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 7:09 AM
A landlord was being nasty to a tenant in my Sim's apartment building -- not unusual for Sim landlords! -- but then she apologized to him. That surprised me because I haven't seen an autonomous apology before!
Lab Assistant
#15239 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 7:32 AM
Today I discovered that a toddler can steal the baby bottle to another toddler! I was so surprised: after so many years of playing there are always new things to find out.
Theorist
#15240 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 1:03 PM
Apparently I do have that jogging mod. How I got is a mystery as the post doesn't look a bit familiar, or even the info posted in it, but it is thanked. I don't have a skill building one, just the regular.

Lab Assistant
#15241 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
Apparently I do have that jogging mod. How I got is a mystery as the post doesn't look a bit familiar, or even the info posted in it, but it is thanked. I don't have a skill building one, just the regular.

Mystery solved!
I checked again today about jogging and I had just the regular option.
Inventor
#15242 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elly87
Today I discovered that a toddler can steal the baby bottle to another toddler! I was so surprised: after so many years of playing there are always new things to find out.
Bottle stealing gets so annoying in my game. I have a set of twins, both are hungry. So I feed Twin A, and go to get Twin B's bottle, and oh look, now Twin A is still starving because Twin B stole her bottle. Although I finally figured a solution to that, so there is no more annoying bottle stealing in my game. Stick at least one of the toddlers in a high chair, and everyone gets their own bottle and a full hunger bar.

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Mad Poster
#15243 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 7:36 PM
Wait, wait. This should be a case for our twins expert, Justpetro. Perhaps she will weigh in and tell us whether this behavior is annoying or just adorable. Something like 98% of her families have unforced twins.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#15244 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 1:28 AM
So, we all roll our eyes at some of the stupidity in game, right? Look at this way, we can laugh about it later and post comments that make other people hit the funny and love buttons, it's all good. (: So here's my eye rolling moments from yesterday.

I spent almost a day cleaning up the Specter graves and making sure they spawned so they'd be ready to 'entertain' all those nice, knowledge sims who will come visit them at the cemetery. Well, a few things didn't go so well, as in, Ophelia died. Not once, not twice, but three times and I gave up on exiting without saving after the third time. Later that day there's a pop-up notice "Ophelia lost a grade by missing school today". Right after that another pop-up "Hmm, Olive, word around the streets is that you're not doing too great in the community. There have been some unpleasant rumors spreading about you. You should keep a lookout for yourself". You know how Olive is, stubborn, that's how. She's not going to listen to a Maxis message. A few minutes later, she dies and Grimmy is no where to be found. Her icon is gone, she's still on her feet, dead as a doornail and the game isn't going anywhere. I had to exit again and grabbed the first townie walking by, sat him in front of a tv where he gained a few needed skill points for his job. She dies again where Grimmy makes an appearance, the townie sits around waiting for her ghost, but also goes to work and returns with a promotion. Her ghost spawned pretty quick, he sends her off to the cemetery and goes back to his secret lot home. The end. (:

Banned
#15245 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 3:35 AM
If you give your sim a couch and no form of entertainment, they have no problem sitting down and staring at the wall for hours on end.
Banned
#15246 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 3:36 AM
Also sims have no common sense. My kid sim jumped into the pool during the winter since it had a diving board, but started to complain that there was no ladder to climb out and I didn't even make this house!
Lab Assistant
#15247 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
That's all good in real life, the house we just bought has a nice sized master bath and walk in closet but for my sims they just need a dresser Also I don't like huge bedroom sized bathrooms because I just think its wasting space. I could easily turn it into a small bedroom/office bedroom or cut it in half and make two bathrooms out of it depending on its location (a master bath and a bathroom for guests or etc)

I'm not saying I give all my sims tiny 2X3 bathrooms but definitely not big enough for it to be a bedroom.

I personally LOVE a big bedroom/bathroom the possibilities for me and my CC are endless! XD

Just Monday I had taken a LARGE master bedroom split it evenly leaving one wall section OFF in the middle to create a "door" and then in the space beyond it made a walk-in nursery compete with a walk in/toddle in/crawl in playroom/toddler bathroom XD

I then extended the left (my left) side of both areas creating room to make the nursery one for twins or EMma and a sleepover guest as well as an office/reading nook for mom and dad added bonus when I move the house around to work on landscaping my previous work had made a neat "overhanging" feature which made a "Shaded" area for a playground for my sims! XD PLUS it looks NEAT!
Inventor
#15248 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hachiko75
Also sims have no common sense. My kid sim jumped into the pool during the winter since it had a diving board, but started to complain that there was no ladder to climb out and I didn't even make this house!
Wait, your sims swim in winter? I think I have a mod that makes mine somewhat sensible. They refuse to climb in the pool if its wintertime. They route all the way over to the ladder or diving board, then give me a "that's crazy" signal (they put their hands up next to their heads and rotate it around in the universal crazy signal) Then they go back inside for a minute and repeat the action, cause apparently they really want to swim. But can't because its winter. And that'd be crazy. I think I can force them in the pool if I direct them, but autonomous pool usage in the winter goes exactly as described above. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Instructor
#15249 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 6:26 AM
I didn't realize that sims could get heatstroke. Or that teenage sims could get heatstroke. Or that heatstroke doesn't appear to heal when you go indoors. Or that it causes you to pass out, while your needs drop. Or that it can indirectly cause my sim family's teenage son to die of starvation.
Theorist
#15250 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 6:32 AM
Yup, they can get heatstroke in the summer, as well as sunburned. Then in the winter they can 'freeze' if they stay outside to long. These are the little things, while might be a bit irritatin at time, that make Sims 2 fun.
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 610 of 619