Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
2 people viewing

gianricosinisi

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Replies: 12470 (Who?), Viewed: 1171360 times.
Page 499 of 499
Field Researcher
#12451 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 11:17 PM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 21st Sep 2014 at 11:27 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
What is this? A visitor suddenly got it out to play with. I thought it was a Rubik's cube at first, but it's some kind of ball.

I call it "Rubik's Orb". Apparently, it's a puzzle game that Science hobbyist Sims pull out during their "idle" animation. Cute, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Also, I saw my first nightmare. My poor teen sim kept tossing and turning and sitting up in his bed suddenly all night.

It just breaks my heart when I see some sleeping Sim with a deep red mood gauge tossing and turning like that. I imagine that the Simmers who subject their poor Sims to the more sadistic challenges on this site are very familiar with the sight of a Sim having nightmares.

Also, I discovered stuff today (and yesterday, but I was up playing TS2 all night, so it still counts) too.

1) Not surprisingly, swimming in the ocean builds Body (but only if you're on a Residential lot or a Dorm lot).

2) Much more surprisingly, building sand castles builds Creativity (again, only if the beach lot is Residential or Dorm).

3) The higher your Creativity, the better your sand castles look.

(There's no big pay-off for having Creativity 9 or 10, though; they're the same sand castles that your Sim was making at Creativity 6. Alas.)

4) The mighty poker table has long been renowned for its power to placate such evils as Mrs. Crumplebottom and the Unsavory Charlatan, stopping them in their tracks. We can now add the Cow Mascot(s) to that list.

5) Sunbathing is a Social activity...somehow.

6) Even perpetually balmy Twikkii Island isn't safe from penguin invasions!

7) Llama Mascots fall asleep in their food too.

8) WooHoo with Cow Mascots is awkward.

...no, wait. I already knew that.

8) Pop Tarts are good food.

...no, wait. I already knew that too.

Test Subject
#12452 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 12:29 AM
It's been three years since I had been able to play the Sims2 due to my stuff being in storage and my computer dying. Just recently was able to buy a new computer and install the game, so now I'm trying to find meshes for what files I could recover from the old one.
What I'm currently working on is Darth Vader's helmet, which has been more problematic than I realized. My options were to download VampCat's noodlesoother recolor (which requires registering for the sims2workshop site), or trying to fix toddfx's mesh (which the sims resource doesn't have any textures for). Or try to create my own mesh... What I discovered today was that A) I really don't think I'm ready to learn how to make meshes, and B) it's far simpler to recolor kamikitten's samurai masks and JohnBrehaut1's samurai gear. As long as I'm willing to keep the horns on the helmet. C) Also discovered that I cannot use the helmet with goggles, which sort of defeat my initial plan.

However, I do like the look of the ninja head with the helmet, as it covers more skin than the face mask.
Forum Resident
#12453 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:20 PM
I discovered that dogs can lick toddlers. I saw the dog was near the toddler and assumed the toddler was going to cuddle/glomp the dog and went back to fixing Mom's needs. Until I heard the toddler giggling and had to investigate what was going on. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Test Subject
#12454 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:17 PM Last edited by eveysmom : 24th Sep 2014 at 10:50 PM.
Toddlers can hug (or "huggle" lol)! It's super cute.

(I guess I never noticed this before because usually when I have twins, the family is so focused on meeting everyone's needs and training the toddlers, that I never bothered to look at toddler interactions before.)

And another one just happened: I found out what happens when a Sim finishes writing a novel (at least when their creativity is 10). My Sim finished his book that was inspired by his experience of being kidnapped by aliens and becoming pregnant with twins (but the book was a lot more dramatic with a world invasion his hero singlehandedly prevented, haha). Anyway, right after he finished the book, this strange blue van showed up at the house. I was afraid it was the repo man at first, but no, it was just someone dropping off a copy of his book. And he got a phone call saying the book was selling well, and he had a royalty check for $2863. I felt ridiculously happy for him.
Field Researcher
#12455 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 1:02 AM
Two things I discovered today:
1. Train sets can set on fire. Yeah, that was an interesting discovery resulting on Nathan Gavigan almost burning to death
2. Finally I figured out how to use that bookshelf that turns around. I couldn't figure it out, I presumed you had to be a witch or something! I told my sim to go read a book and I noticed a new book called something like 'mysterious mystery novel' and I was like 'what the hell?'. How have I never noticed that before?

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Test Subject
#12456 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 7:11 AM
I discovered that if a sim eats spoilt comfort soup, they may get food poisoning, but then will be cured of it immedietly after.
Lab Assistant
#12457 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 7:19 PM
I discovered that the Voodoo doll can help you get into the Greek house by using friendship on the 3 Sims that is wearing Togas.

Prince Avalanche
#12458 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 1:04 AM Last edited by Mordecai and Rigby : 26th Sep 2014 at 1:44 AM.
EA's idea of lockers (before University came out) are refrigerators.

EDIT: Also Olive Specter had Nervous Subject through the Grim Reaper. o_O
Screenshots

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
Top Secret Researcher
#12459 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 7:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecai and Rigby
EA's idea of lockers (before University came out) are refrigerators.

EDIT: Also Olive Specter had Nervous Subject through the Grim Reaper. o_O

I think that's really creative! Just look at this picture, they use some kind of kitchen floor to look like a blanket!

EDIT: In the picture that Mordecai and Rigby posted, I can see at least 2 outfits that EA never left in the basegame, any idea where to find them?
Instructor
#12460 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 9:41 AM
Which? All of those are in the base game. Although the one with the green sweater has a much less untucked shirt. Ophelia's outfit is the one with the tie. And the teacher talking to the student in the background, they're both wearing separates.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools): Here at simbology
Top Secret Researcher
#12461 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 9:56 AM
I mean the untucked shirt and the boy sitting down at the end of the hallway, he's wearing some kind of light blue jacket
Scholar
#12462 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 10:03 AM
Sometimes the hot tub woohoo cutscene will play even when there is no woohoo. It happened when the Romance dormie with the longish bushy hair and the tasseled shirt tried wooing the blond Fortune dormie with the ponytail and brown dress in the love tub. It showed the cutscene, but they were just breaking the embrace and then talking a little. Then it started raining and they both got out. Really, really weird. Fortunately, they did do it... in the car. Another one gets her first time with him.

Ever have trouble woohooing in the hot tub?

My Sims 2 Blog - info and stories

Am I the only one who fogs up her glasses when eating Kung Pao noodles?
#12463 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 3:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGarden
I think that's really creative! Just look at this picture, they use some kind of kitchen floor to look like a blanket!

I never noticed that! :O

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
Alchemist
#12464 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 3:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
Sometimes the hot tub woohoo cutscene will play even when there is no woohoo. It happened when the Romance dormie with the longish bushy hair and the tasseled shirt tried wooing the blond Fortune dormie with the ponytail and brown dress in the love tub. It showed the cutscene, but they were just breaking the embrace and then talking a little. Then it started raining and they both got out. Really, really weird. Fortunately, they did do it... in the car. Another one gets her first time with him.

Ever have trouble woohooing in the hot tub?

Never had it other than a woohoo action. You may have a hack/mod conflict that you are not aware of.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Alchemist
#12465 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 4:00 PM
Quote:

EDIT: In the picture that Mordecai and Rigby posted, I can see at least 2 outfits that EA never left in the basegame, any idea where to find them?

A lot of the beta stuff did not make it in the Sims 2.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
#12466 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 12:21 AM
Being the only fully straight boy on an island full of gays can be a bit frustrating, so when Sebastian Reilly actually met a girl, he pulled out all the stops to try to chat her up. He had just had a shower when he met her in the park, so it was joke, admire, charm, etc., as he tried to make a good impression on her. When she accepted his invitation to form a casual group (just for fun) he gave her a friendly hug. Then he took her out to Tyler's Diner where he bought lobster for her. As Sims usually do, they chatted a lot over the meal, building their relationship up. But when he tried to hug her again, she refused. Anyway, after a little bit more flirting and joking, he took her back to the house he shares with three other boys. In the street outside there was again a little bit more successful flirting, but again she refused his friendly hug. Even though she'd accepted one earlier when their relationship levels were lower. I noticed that they had only one lightning bolt, which was odd, because I was sure they had had two earlier.

And then it dawned on me. Underwear turns her on. I have the Underwear after Shower mod (I think it's Squinge's), so he was still in his undies when they first met. Then of course he had put some clothes on (actually only a pair of shorts) to take her to the restaurant. But Jackie didn't like him so much with his clothes on!

So what did Sebastian do? He stripped to his undies right there in the street in front of the house and tried to hug her again. . . .And this time she accepted. And they went back to 2 bolts. Once the ice was broken they were soon kissing and had a mutual crush.

Afterwards Jackie told me with a lot of giggles, "I'll kiss any boy if he takes his clothes off!" (She's Romance of course.) I do hope, that once the relationship gets established, she'll accept his hugs and kisses even when he's got his clothes on! (Otherwise I have visions of him having to strip off on the middle of their wedding ceremony. )

So, I think I've learned to pay a little bit more attention to their "chemistry" when my Sims are starting to get romantically involved.
Forum Resident
#12467 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 12:56 AM
Well, I discovered this a couple days ago while playing my vampire Uni household, but...

Dumb AI lives in Sims 2!

Seriously, I had to set my sims' front doors to "Lock to All Sims" in order to keep them from going outside and burning to death!

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has started!

PM me if you want to add me on Simport!
Scholar
#12468 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 4:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marka93
Never had it other than a woohoo action. You may have a hack/mod conflict that you are not aware of.

I'll hafta check that out. Thing is, I've gotten the regular hot tub woohoo cutscene before, where they're actually woohooing and not starting/stopping. For some reason, it can be really hard sometimes to just be able to woohoo in the hot tub. You have them cuddle, then you select woohoo, and then it drops out for some reason and they break the embrace. Really weird.

Mad Poster
#12469 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 4:45 AM
That's not normal, either, so a conflict is likely.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#12470 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 6:57 AM
Might just be ACR. Anyway, my playable dormie finally got the hot tub woohoo cutscene, so everything seems to be working out okay. I'll check it out though.

Instructor
#12471 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 4:30 PM
Quote:
I mean the untucked shirt and the boy sitting down at the end of the hallway, he's wearing some kind of light blue jacket

I would imagine that the originals would have been overwritten with these versions, so they wouldn't be possible to find.
Screenshots

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools): Here at simbology
Page 499 of 499

Section jump