Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 12247 (Who?), Viewed: 1153176 times.
Page 490 of 490
Mad Poster
#12226 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 8:33 AM
To rotate floor tiles use the < > keys.
To make the tiles into small triangles to make a pattern hold down CTRL F

To make things go up and down the wall use the [ ] keys.
To combine things on the walls so you have a light above a painting or a ballet bar on the large mirror use Moveobjects on with the up and down keys.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives. - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#12227 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 8:44 AM
Plantsim toddlers huggle a lot autonomously.
Lab Assistant
#12228 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 8:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
To combine things on the walls so you have a light above a painting or a ballet bar on the large mirror use Moveobjects on with the up and down keys.

Holding Ctrl + Alt works too (and it's easier to do it that way, I think).

Also, the bracket keys ( [ and ] ) won't work on all wall-mounted items, and for the ones that can be raised and lowered, you may have to adjust the object's height on an unoccupied wall before you use Ctrl + Alt to place that item on the same wall as another one. My vampire Carmilla has four blue ribbons from winning cooking contests, they occupy two wall spaces over her counters and that method's how I got the blue ribbons to match up and come together so well. I'll have to take a screenshot of them sometime.
Field Researcher
#12229 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 9:33 AM
I never knew you could use Ctrl-Alt! I've been using moveobjects all this time! <headdesk>

There is a mod on here somewhere to allow more items to be shiftable which is really helpful.
Theorist
#12230 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCad
If you shift them down too far, the lighting will be weird, but there's a mod that fixes that. Also, not everything that goes on a wall is, natively, shiftable, but there are mods out there that make pretty much everything that can be stuck on a wall shiftable.

Do you have links to those mods? The lighting being weird bugs me so much.

Also, to those of you who place ballet barre on the large mirror, how does that work for you with pictures? I did that in my Sims dance studio, long before I had gone to the hobby lot, and every picture I take of her with the BV-camera comes out weird. The mirror image is distorted, as if it was a mirror from a fun house. I assumed I was stretching the games capabilities, but then I saw they have it that way at the hobby lot. Have any of you had a Sim take a picture of the Sim practicing ballet?
Field Researcher
#12231 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 12:51 PM
The lighting is just that if the item is placed too high/low, the item takes its lighting from the floor above/below. So you can fix this by placing lights above/below the floor - I usually put a couple of lights in the foundation and set them to "always on".
Lab Assistant
#12232 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 1:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
Also, to those of you who place ballet barre on the large mirror, how does that work for you with pictures? I did that in my Sims dance studio, long before I had gone to the hobby lot, and every picture I take of her with the BV-camera comes out weird. The mirror image is distorted, as if it was a mirror from a fun house. I assumed I was stretching the games capabilities, but then I saw they have it that way at the hobby lot. Have any of you had a Sim take a picture of the Sim practicing ballet?

I may be wrong, but I think that issue happens with all mirrors, all the time, and doesn't have anything to do with the ballet barre being on the same tile as the mirror. I try to take screenshots of my teens checking themselves out in the mirror all the time, or my baby sims getting a bath with the mirror right over the sink, and I'm hard pressed to remember if I've EVER gotten a picture where the mirror wasn't distorted. I don't know if it has something to do with my being in cameraman mode--I may have used the fisheye zoom (because bathrooms are tiny) but it's still annoying because in the ingame graphics that I see as I'm taking the picture, it looks fine. It just doesn't come out on "film" if you will. :P

On topic: Yesterday I discovered that Family sims with the appropriate perk will autonomously serve Grandma's Comfort Soup. I'd noticed previously that Fortune sims will autonomously "Give Financial Advice" and now I'm wondering if all of those aspiration perks are enabled to be autonomous. Pretty awesome if they are.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Lab Assistant
#12233 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 3:18 AM
I just noticed that a teenager will have a relationship-damaging hissy fit if two adults kiss in front of him or her. Neither adult was a blood relative of the teenager, so it's probably just teen angst and jealousy.

Silly teenagers.
Mad Poster
#12234 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 3:46 AM
I bet one of them has love tags with a relative, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#12235 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 4:14 AM
It's possible. I'll have a look at her father's relationships. He's another Romance Sim, so they're bound to be a bit muddled.
Theorist
#12236 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 10:13 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 31st Jul 2014 at 11:46 PM.
The exercise bike has an animated display, even if nobody is on the bike. You'd think that's a waste of battery life, but I guess Sims aren't troubled with such things!

EDIT: I also found that it is surprisingly cheap to furnish a small apartment! I fully expected my Sim to have to take a loan, or live without many things, but I managed to furnish the entire apartment in just 8000 simoleans, leaving her with 10,000 left to do other things (this was money she earned while at university). I'm sure it would have been much more costly if bathrooms and kitchen didn't come included with the apartment price, but nonetheless I was surprised.
#12237 Old Yesterday at 3:59 AM
That someone with a turn-off for zombies could still want a loved one to be resurrected.

EDIT: And I just now notice she has a fear that he's a zombie as well.
Screenshots

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
Mad Poster
#12238 Old Yesterday at 5:10 AM
So she just needs to make sure she pays the whole 10,000, or gets it on a genie wish. Nothing contradictory there.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#12239 Old Yesterday at 5:28 AM
Paying 10,000 guarantees that the Sim is resurrected exactly the same as they were before they died, the genie wish has a chance of the Sim becoming a zombie.
Test Subject
#12240 Old Yesterday at 9:28 AM
I've noticed that occasionally when one of my Sims has a new baby, one of their siblings will come over to help him/her look after the baby. It just happened in my game with a Sim's brother, Amenmesses, coming over on the evening when her baby was due. He stayed until two in the morning! Such is the strength and beauty of familial love.
Field Researcher
#12241 Old Yesterday at 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzatron-9000
I don't think that relationships affect how the Garden Club will judge your garden; I've had Sims who had WooHooed Tiffany Zarubin get wishing wells, and I've had Sims who were mildly annoyed from arguing with Tiffany Zarubin get wishing wells too. But having a good relationship with her certainly couldn't hurt, if only to be able to sit her down for dinner and use her to fill your Social needs before having her make that anxiety-building call to the rest of the Garden Club.

Also, is that a little toddler girl building a sandcastle in your avatar? Too cute!

My avatar is a Tarutaru from Final Fantasy XI. She was my character for 10 years before I had to quit because of my pc internet connection burned out. I miss her still. :D

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Chardonnay in one hand, chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO HOO . . WHAT A RIDE!!!"
Field Researcher
#12242 Old Yesterday at 2:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzatron-9000
If anything, I'd like to see the semesters be made longer, because Simmy college shouldn't be all about the grades.

My semesters are 36hrs. and my sims usually leave with 20-30 friends each (Big dorm hot tub parties are common and great ways to befriend/hook-up other students). Since getting a passing grade rarely needs more than just going to class (especially in fall), they never study, do homework, or write term papers (unless they really want to)... just party.

I don't want to double post, but on an unrelated note, I don't think sims whip meringue especially fast. I mean I can get stiff peaks in 5-10 minutes with my stand mixer I suppose if you were doing it by hand..
Field Researcher
#12243 Old Yesterday at 3:14 PM Last edited by mixa97sr : Yesterday at 3:59 PM.
I discovered that neat sims can wash windows. This is so better than ts3.

And I also discovered that babies can trow up over people they don't know.
Field Researcher
#12244 Old Yesterday at 3:19 PM
Cyjon has a mod to reduce semesters to four instead of eight. It also reduces them to 48 hours but you could probably change that in the BCONs. I prefer it this way because it feels so repetitive always having them go off for exams all the time and I can lengthen the time (although 48h is perfect for me) without it dragging out for ages.
Field Researcher
#12245 Old Yesterday at 8:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by egswanso
My semesters are 36hrs. and my sims usually leave with 20-30 friends each (Big dorm hot tub parties are common and great ways to befriend/hook-up other students). Since getting a passing grade rarely needs more than just going to class (especially in fall), they never study, do homework, or write term papers (unless they really want to)... just party.

I don't want to double post, but on an unrelated note, I don't think sims whip meringue especially fast. I mean I can get stiff peaks in 5-10 minutes with my stand mixer I suppose if you were doing it by hand..

Twojeffs College Adjuster does a lot of things. One is to reset a finals back to 72 hours. You can also speed it up. This would give you the option to stay longer in a term and go to finals when you're ready to go on. I've had most of my sims get the highest grades with little problem. They usually do assignments, thesis and studies right after finals, leaving the rest of the time for fun stuff. all in the normal time. They can leave campus to your old neighborhood or downtown with no time passing at Uni. There is usually a teen center with bowling, pool and other activities, not to mention old friends not yet at college. Occasionally they go in groups or on a date to downtown for a fun night. Students do not have to do all the requirements to gain high grades. I rarely sent them to class and once had a problem with books so they did the thesis on pc and assignments until their meter was full. Skipping classes also gives them more free time. Creating your own Greek House also makes life easier for them. Most join Secret Society for the outfit mainly, and with most members of my own built Greek Houses they automatically have the 3 required SS friends since they all join.

This is the link to College Adjuster at Simbology, you need to register to get it. People there are friendly and most often reply quickly if you need answers. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7.0

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Chardonnay in one hand, chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO HOO . . WHAT A RIDE!!!"
Theorist
#12246 Old Yesterday at 9:43 PM
When Sims cut hedges, it leaves actual piles of green under the hedge, that go away after a while. Such a neat detail! After all, if you cut stuff off, it's got to go somewhere.
Test Subject
#12247 Old Yesterday at 9:56 PM
Just a clarification: you do not need to register to download TwoJeffs' mods, or those of other creators that have their own sections at Simbology. I just went to the site as a guest and had no difficulty downloading the SimBlender. Maybe this is a recent change due to the renewed interest in TS2 thanks to the UC, but even before the UC came out, I had the directory listing bookmarked and downloaded straight from there most of the time.
Field Researcher
#12248 Old Today at 1:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
When Sims cut hedges, it leaves actual piles of green under the hedge, that go away after a while. Such a neat detail! After all, if you cut stuff off, it's got to go somewhere.

Oh, EA gets a point, at least we don't have to rake up the cuttings. :D

Page 490 of 490

Section jump