Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

marrsbar

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Replies: 12693 (Who?), Viewed: 1186684 times.
Page 508 of 508
Inventor
#12676 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 6:09 PM
So I just spent a couple hours playing the tutorial sims, they had a couple babies & adopted one. A toddler died, three days later she did appear as a ghost but I got the "sim died on another lot" pop-up & her ghost disappeared. Hmmm...waited another three days & her child-age brother's ghost appeared & scared his mom a few times. But the toddler didn't reappear. Guess this means toddlers can't be ghosts?
Field Researcher
#12677 Old Yesterday at 2:10 AM
I thought you couldn't even have children and toddlers die. I thought the social worker took them instead.
Scholar
#12678 Old Yesterday at 2:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbaby160
So I just spent a couple hours playing the tutorial sims, they had a couple babies & adopted one. A toddler died, three days later she did appear as a ghost but I got the "sim died on another lot" pop-up & her ghost disappeared. Hmmm...waited another three days & her child-age brother's ghost appeared & scared his mom a few times. But the toddler didn't reappear. Guess this means toddlers can't be ghosts?

Well, if the toddler did appeared as a ghost..then it means they can!
I was wondering if the game even have added toddler ghosts to the possible ghosts, they did.
Now..would be to find a way to have it re spawned just as any other ghosts.
That message...I have this everytime i use "Move this/all graves to..." But once moved to another lot, if i wait a bit, I see them haunting about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy kemnitzer
I thought you couldn't even have children and toddlers die. I thought the social worker took them instead.

Ahahah!
We were/are actually kinda in a discussion about this http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...736#post4608736

Je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Scholar
DELETED POST
Yesterday at 2:53 AM
This message has been deleted by Rosebine. Reason: doublllle
Inventor
#12679 Old Yesterday at 3:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy kemnitzer

I had spawned Rodney's Death Creator using boolprop. The kids were quite happy, other than dying of disease & the toddler I had die of old age.
I wouldn't normally kill off young ones in my games, like Peni, I have a hard time with it. But using the tutorial sims it doesn't get saved & they aren't as "real" to me lol. If that makes any sense. I am curious as to what happens in poor Victorian or Medieval hoods, how they work around that the infant mortality rates were devastatingly high back then.
Scholar
#12680 Old Yesterday at 4:47 AM
I discovered that default skins, S1-S2-S3 & S4, do not need to be put in the Downloads folder to be read by the game...did you know?
Loose in Documents/EA Games/ The Sims 2...works also.
This is where I moved 3 of my default, because I wanted to try new ones, and of course was sure that outside the Downloads folder or at worst, outside the Saved Sims folder nothing would be seen!
Loading Body Shop...sims were still using them
OH! okay..
I had to delete/move them out completely from my The Sims 2 directory, to get back to EA's original skins. Woah.

Then I got more curious..so I tried in my vanilla game.
Copied those 3 default skins same place, loose in The Sims 2 directory.
Works. No EA original.

Ok then...
I made a new folder in there, along with the usual...camera, Collections, Config folders etc...named it : DefaultSkinTones, and moved the default skins in it.
Works also!

Inventor
#12681 Old Yesterday at 6:03 AM
I just discovered how fun outings can actually be!! I very rarely ever agred to go on the outings that seemingly random sims would call my sims up to go to. But today I thought what the hell, Bella (not Goth) doesnt have anything too pressing to deal with, she's got some time off & it's been quite a while since we've left the lot. So theyvhead out to the bowling ally downtown, all's going well when I realize that Rebecca Copur & Armando Collin (teen!) are flirting like mad in the background. Next thing I see is them making out. Thank you Crumblebutt for using your purse to remind them they are in a public place. Not that it stopped them at all from woohooing in the photo booth. Then of course Bella's dad Liam snuck in the booth with some random townie that I think he just met & added a notch to his cheating belt. Bella didn't even get mad!! All this drama!! Of course this is what happens when I forget that I have InTeen & ACR. Going to have to change the settings a bit, can't be having all this naughty hanky panky going on...game did crash naturally just as I was calling a taxi home, so none of it was saved but you can bet your biscuits I'll be seeing if this happens again lol. Too good of a story to let it disappear. I'll fix the settings later...
Field Researcher
#12682 Old Yesterday at 7:54 AM
I discovered that neighbor children in apartments often skip school. I made a magical boarding school as an apartment complex so I could have different houses *cough*rip off of hogwarts*cough* and when I'm playing the school bus shows up for the unplayable sims but often they won't all make it onto the bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbaby160
I had spawned Rodney's Death Creator using boolprop. The kids were quite happy, other than dying of disease & the toddler I had die of old age.
I wouldn't normally kill off young ones in my games, like Peni, I have a hard time with it. But using the tutorial sims it doesn't get saved & they aren't as "real" to me lol. If that makes any sense. I am curious as to what happens in poor Victorian or Medieval hoods, how they work around that the infant mortality rates were devastatingly high back then.

I play some historical hoods so I'll explain how I handle the issue. I've put it under a spoiler to avoid derailing the thread.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Scholar
#12683 Old Yesterday at 8:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsgirl24
I discovered that neighbor children in apartments often skip school. I made a magical boarding school as an apartment complex so I could have different houses *cough*rip off of hogwarts*cough* and when I'm playing the school bus shows up for the unplayable sims but often they won't all make it onto the bus.

Yeah, I hate this. The school bus comes for your unplayable? You are lucky.
If there is no children or teens in the unit I am playing, no one goes to school. It happened..but just rarely, that other playable (not played with then) would get on the bus, or get out the bus after school. But those were rare, as i said.
I tried to mod this..to no avail.

Lab Assistant
#12684 Old Yesterday at 9:58 AM
Toddlers can't use the toybox until they've learnt to walk. Never knew that one!
Alchemist
#12685 Old Yesterday at 11:19 AM
Pescado's AL Fixes fixes the children in inactive apartments skip school problem. But damn, while testing to see if it was still necessary I never tested without children in the current family. I may have to revise that.
Field Researcher
#12686 Old Yesterday at 11:41 AM
I have the AL fixes in so it's probably that that makes the bus show up

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Scholar
#12687 Old Yesterday at 1:11 PM
OHH!!!!! great. I have the AL Fixes..on my desktop..lol
I took it out because it was conflicting with...I cannot remember. 0_o

Forum Resident
#12688 Old Yesterday at 3:47 PM
I had to put AL Fixes back in, because even though it doesn't say this, it fixes an error with pet jobs where pets throw an error when attempting to bring a friend home from work, causing them to sink into the floor for a second, cancel interactions and not get paid. In the Kim household it also reset all pets and sims in the car causing the family members to become trapped under the foundation when there wasn't room for them to be in the same square!

Re the 3 needs thing, they won't die if they bottom out 3 needs normally, only if it happens as a result of lightning strike or fire. Lightning strikes can be deadly if your sim has more than 3 needs less than halfway full.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools): Here at simbology
Scholar
#12689 Old Yesterday at 3:58 PM
Well, I just edited alfixes to my likings, leaving just the wanted altered behaves. Let's see how it does.

I never had pets bringing home friends from work...nor had problems with them getting their paid. And I didn't have Al Fixes in.

Alchemist
#12690 Old Yesterday at 5:26 PM
That's my plan too, to see if one can't extract the useful bits and leave out the rest. If you're successful, please do tell, so I know it's doable and worth the time
Scholar
#12691 Old Yesterday at 6:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
That's my plan too, to see if one can't extract the useful bits and leave out the rest. If you're successful, please do tell, so I know it's doable and worth the time

I did after reading what Fanseelamb posted. http://modthesims.info/download.php...239#post4574239
You might want to ask..her.him..well, Fanseelamb personally. I will report back too. As now, I am not playing an apartment lot, and the one i usually play is set to summer (second season) so children/teens have no school...so the school bus does not come.

Alchemist
#12692 Old Yesterday at 7:16 PM
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'll probably post in creator feedback, if I can't figure it out. Lots of talented people who might be able to chime in Ideally one of us can create a new mod from scratch using Pescados for reference, so that it can be uploaded and shared (I've never worked out what Pescados policy is, but since I don't know, I assume it's a no to using his work). Considering all the extra code he added to physiology, it wouldn't surprise me if the rest has lots of surplus stuff as well.
Scholar
#12693 Old Today at 2:13 AM
Mine does not work. I am playing 6 teens on a residential lot...and with my altered alfixes, Interaction to go anywhere (off lot) is being canceled when they are ready to leave. They all had to walk to school, because after moving them in, it was past 8am and school bus "already came" They did go. But all came back way before school ends.
So far this is what i have, and if ever I decide that i want to try harder..lol, then I'll post in the creator's feedback too.

Lab Assistant
#12694 Old Today at 3:47 AM
Not so much learning something, but I had a major realization that if I want The Sims 4 then I'll need to uninstall TS3 (which I'm fine with) and clean out my entire computer.
Speaking Sims 2, I learned that there's more than 1 "wake up" animation for when the sim starts to get out of bed. Sometimes they'll stretch and yawn, other times they'll rub their eyes or just stretch their arms. It's so cute to watch the little children wake up and give out this loud yawn.

Annie, there's a big lobster behind the refrigerator...
Maybe if I put a little dish of butter sauce here with a nutcracker, it will run out the other side.
Page 508 of 508

Section jump