Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 12367 (Who?), Viewed: 1163277 times.
Page 495 of 495
Field Researcher
#12351 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 2:00 PM
I had many weddings with about 20 family and friends there. I would use the 'wedding party' option on phone once I was sure the couple were ready. The bride and groom stood at the arch beforehand. When the majority of guests spawned at portal and moved towards the house, I would use the 'get married' on the arch. The game waits a bit for guests to collect at the proper area before the wedding starts. So any heading to do other things will drop that and head for the arch. You might have a few stragglers but pretty much everyone will either sit or stand behind the couple. TIP: Usually I had the groom tell his bride a joke, soon as she started laughing he would make the call. This kept her from moving away. Once the call was done he would give a quick kiss or hug. You have to keep them at the arch. You could also have free will off til after the ceremony is done.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Chardonnay in one hand, chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO HOO . . WHAT A RIDE!!!"
Test Subject
#12352 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:32 PM Last edited by zeroboys008 : 25th Aug 2014 at 12:44 AM.
I just had a dad in my game sing the sea chatney for the first time with his son and the way the little child tried to keep up was SO PRECIOUS. The song ends with something something HO! yet the kid is just saying gibberish and then ends the song with RO! It was just the cutest thing ever.

I'm also seeing new interactions/animations i never knew existed. I've been playing this game for 10 years now. It's nuts. Grossest one I saw was a pet dog eating from the trashcan and then throwing up right afterwards. I was actually upset in real life. It was in the middle of the night when everyone was sleeping so he got away with it too.
Instructor
#12353 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 3:56 AM
Dogs can use the water wiggler by themselves! I was playing a family when a burglar came in the middle of the night. The cops came, won the fight, surprisingly no one woke up, but I saw that the water wiggler was on, so I turned the lot around and the family dog, Trinket, was jumping around in the water! It's cuuuute~

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Lab Assistant
#12354 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 4:14 AM
Today was the first time I ever saw a dishwasher catch fire. I had one of my sims go over to "tinker" with the dishwasher, but no sooner did she begin tinkering, then she was electrocuted. Immediately afterwards, the dishwasher caught fire--and having six screaming Sims and a baby clustered in the same kitchen while a fire is roaring is not a recipe for peace and calm. Fortunately, one of the sims came to his senses and carried the baby outside while everyone else kept screaming.
Theorist
#12355 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 4:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeTownChick
Dogs can use the water wiggler by themselves! I was playing a family when a burglar came in the middle of the night. The cops came, won the fight, surprisingly no one woke up, but I saw that the water wiggler was on, so I turned the lot around and the family dog, Trinket, was jumping around in the water! It's cuuuute~

Worst guard dog ever lol.
Alchemist
#12356 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 3:33 PM
That skyscraper buildings are not for me. I downloaded an apartment complex that is a scyscraper, and I got car sick just trying to look at it in game. How do people do this? It's impossible to make it look at the floor you want, in any way that actually shows you the place. They are pretty, but oh my god not playable at all >_>
Field Researcher
#12357 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 4:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeTownChick

Did the dog's hygiene go up? If not, there's a mod that can, I think the same mod allows toddlers to use the wiggler too.

Found the link: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=284093

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Chardonnay in one hand, chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO HOO . . WHAT A RIDE!!!"
Field Researcher
#12358 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 4:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
That skyscraper buildings are not for me. I downloaded an apartment complex that is a scyscraper, and I got car sick just trying to look at it in game. How do people do this? It's impossible to make it look at the floor you want, in any way that actually shows you the place. They are pretty, but oh my god not playable at all >_>

I have a fear of heights and the buy mode is always aimed in a way that I feel like I'm going to fall into the lot. Kinda like being on an amusement park ride that tips and makes you think you'll fall out. I can't do rides. There used to be a way other than tab to change the view, I can't seem to figure it out now. I also dislike neighborhood terrains with mountains, it does the same thing. And we think sims are weird . . .

Mad Poster
#12359 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 7:35 PM
I don't think there's anything weird about that at all, Duine! I used to think I was afraid of heights, and have been plagued all my life by getting overstimulated and light-headed in big stores; I also cannot do rollercoasters, or even those filmed effects that simulate falling or rollercoastering points of view. I'm fine in a plane but I can't stand being on a raised platform that's even a little bit high.

Then I found out that my inner ears are messed up. I don't detect gravity like other people, but have to negotiate up and down purely from visual cues. Suddenly my fear of heights, disorientation in stores (where lines of sight are deliberately broken up, cut off, and redirected), and intense dislike of anything that upsets my ability to tell whether I'm standing or falling makes perfect sense. And no, I don't like bouncing sim cameras on uneven lots, either! Lots that are partly on foundation and partly on a slab drive me wiggy. Get a balance test done, if you can, especially if you start having any trouble with dizziness or disorientation. Any problem in the inner ear manifests as dizziness and poor balance; some are chronic, some treatable, some curable.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#12360 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 8:44 PM
Sims get a HUGE relationship drop if you sell them bad lemonade. I had a kid sell his parents and his brother some stinky lemonade, and the relationship tanked. I think it might be 2nd biggest drop in the game, after cheating/leaving at the altar.
Field Researcher
#12361 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 3:20 AM
The "pet cat" interaction when the cat jumps on a sofa. It came up when a cat ("Cinnamon") went to sit on the chair next to the sim I was playing, and I was about to praise it (because I love having cats jumping on counters and chairs and stuff) and that's when I noticed it. It's a pretty cute interaction.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#12362 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 4:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
The "pet cat" interaction when the cat jumps on a sofa. It came up when a cat ("Cinnamon") went to sit on the chair next to the sim I was playing, and I was about to praise it (because I love having cats jumping on counters and chairs and stuff) and that's when I noticed it. It's a pretty cute interaction.

I want to see that interaction, damn it, but I can never seem to get it to come up. DX
Field Researcher
#12363 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 4:58 AM
While digging on a community lot for treasure, my sim reached fitness status. Way to go, Sherman!

Test Subject
#12364 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 4:45 PM
For the first time, I actually had a Sim take pity on a stray cat called Moonshine and invited him in. Elba doesn't plan to have children or get married so I was at a bit of a loss as to how to keep her company. Well, imagine my surprise when she commanded Moonshine to use the toilet and he did exactly that. Wasted $135 on a litter tray, which for the record is pretty extortionate!?

Oh, and I've never seen a Teen Sim slide down a banister either. I didn't even know that was a thing.

Edit: As a side note, I just went to sell that litter tray and its resale value is $150... I think that is possibly wrong...
Theorist
#12365 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 5:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elu
Edit: As a side note, I just went to sell that litter tray and its resale value is $150... I think that is possibly wrong...

Sshh. Don't mention it. XD

Banister sliding came with M&G.
Test Subject
#12366 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 5:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Sshh. Don't mention it. XD

Banister sliding came with M&G

Thinking about it, Elba met Joe Carr on a community lot and he told her that he worked at a discount home furnishings store and that she could expect a discount on future purchases. I expect that the litter tray was originally worth $150 but the resale value isn't affected. Slightly less exciting, but then nobody is going to get rich $15 at a time!
Instructor
#12367 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 5:57 PM
That apparently, when you put Sarah and Danny Crittur into the house, you have no control over them
Mad Poster
#12368 Old Yesterday at 3:00 PM
You have no control over any pets, without a cheat. Danny and Sarah both have "learned behaviors" like eating sim food and destroying the furniture which are generally considered negative, and need to be diligently trained.

Well, I discovered I'm not immune to that glitch of the date feeling stood up before the sim leaves the building. This coincided with my choosing "car" and the sim not automatically getting in it; and when I decided to send the sim to get a cell phone and then try another date (Romance sim; always another date to be had!) starting from the community lot, the game crashed on me. So it might be part of a concatenation of circumstances.

This is discouraging, because I date sims a lot, and I don't think I've ever seen an actual fix for this, for all the times I've seen complaints of it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Page 495 of 495

Section jump