Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

saturnian

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Replies: 13874 (Who?), Viewed: 1249537 times.
Page 555 of 555
Scholar
#13851 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 6:09 PM
Olivia Riley's gravestone is placed at the Belladonna Cove art museum! Weird, I knew that some graves are in the Ganesend Grounds but I didn't know graves were anywhere else. I wonder if there's more...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#13852 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 11:20 PM
Great, MTS is back online!

Today there was a spontaneous "burp contest" at one of the dorms. The cow mascot entered the cafeteria and stopped right behind a table where a sim was sitting down, having some food. The man stood up, faced the mascot and when the began to burp each other right in face. Plain silly if you ask me but some may find it funny. I have not seen that before so to me it was a discovery.

Then I did a sort of strange discovery that the mail man walked by the lot very often but he did not place any mail in the box. ?? Strange! On the very first semester my sim did get some bills but he have not have any since then. Is that supposed to happend and if Yes, why did the mailman walk by every now and then?
Mad Poster
#13853 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 11:29 PM
This is a potentially serious glitch. I think there's a fix for it; but you may have to just move them onto another lot.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#13854 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 12:33 PM
"A potentially serious glitch" seems kind of dangerous but have no idea. Could/should the lot be played or is it better to leave? The sim living on the lot is just to be starting on his last semester so he will soon be leaving anyway. Yes, the lot seems to be kind of glinchy. Sims (non plyable) sometimes becomes a little transparent in the eavning but I think it was somehow related to the old videocard (sorry, I don' want to make this a help issue but I just had to ask).
Mad Poster
#13855 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 4:49 PM
The thing about non-mail delivery is that it means the game has lost track of certain references for that lot, which could have wider implications. I'd move lots and bulldoze this one.

Are you fully patched? I have this vague idea that transparent dormies were something fixed in a patch, but my memory is far from reliable.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#13856 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 5:31 PM
Yes, my game if fully patched (all patches for the EP:s I have). I only got the "CD" version of the Uni patch but I guess it makes no difference. Oh well, I guess I should move the sim (and his friend) to an other lot. In the Uni subhood (only added one) I got sims at 3 different doorms. I can not tell if the problems accurs in the other doorms because I have not played them for so long (sims only at 1:st year). But I could check that out next weekend. If the other lots are OK I can move the sim and his friend there.
Lab Assistant
#13857 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 8:29 PM
I discovered that the paper boy will come over and eat wedding cake. I guess I never had weddings so early in the day before.
Field Researcher
#13858 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 9:17 PM
Sims can apparently steal people's gnomes (I didn't see who it was), my sim [Jessica Peterson] autonomously got the action 'Steal Back Gnome' while at work. To do that she walked off to the edge of the lot, did the devious finger thing the evil sims from the sims 3 do and then disappeared for a while. She came back and said 'I have stolen back my gnome, it is in my inventory'. Could be because of the bad reputation she has.
Top Secret Researcher
#13859 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 9:53 PM Last edited by esmeiolanthe : 28th Jun 2015 at 10:32 PM.
That's been in the game for ages, but generally it's Grouchy sims who will steall gnomes, and a sim has to be pretty Grouchy to go steal it back.

I have one household where the sims fight over who gets to go steal the gnome back this time. Sometimes more than one goes out, and somehow they both return with a gnome...

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Auspicious It Ain't on 6/28/15
Field Researcher
#13860 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 11:05 PM
I never throw parties but while planning to have my sim call another, I found out that there is something called a Building Party. Has anyone done this?
Mad Poster
#13861 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 11:18 PM
It's just a regular party, where the guests are the other residents of that apartment complex.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Lab Assistant
#13862 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 2:06 AM
That there is a serious gender imbalance of playables in the Uni hoods. Between the three, there are 27 male playables but only 20 female. Probably unnoticeable if played as shipped, but kinda problematic when you attach the cleaned versions to an empty main hood. I'm hoping Samantha Ottomas's unborn twins are both girls. Maybe this is why all the spawned professors are female?
Test Subject
#13863 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 3:06 AM
That while on a community lot if the Unsavory Charlatan mugs someone, even if that person is not a playable, you can report him. The things I miss out on when I never need to use the telephone to leave lol
Mad Poster
#13864 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 4:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmeiolanthe
That's been in the game for ages, but generally it's Grouchy sims who will steall gnomes, and a sim has to be pretty Grouchy to go steal it back.

I have one household where the sims fight over who gets to go steal the gnome back this time. Sometimes more than one goes out, and somehow they both return with a gnome...

Grouchy points are not needed to steal it back. If you can remember (although it was ages ago) Opal from my OWBC with 10 nice points stole back their gnome.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#13865 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 3:54 PM
I discovered the importance of backing up everything frequently.

The main harddrive on my year-old computer failed last week, taking a lot of things with it Luckily, the secondary drives didn't fail (so I didn't lose any of the most current back-ups I have of my neighborhood files, plus a semi-recent back-up of my downloads), but I'm kicking myself for not doing the big back-up I had planned two days sooner. Most of my computers have lasted at least 5 years before their first screw-up, so I guess I got cocky about the longevity of harddrives and computers in general.

So I'm going to be re-installing Sims 2 over the weekend. Since I'm going to get resets across the board anyhow, I'm going to install the Happy Holidays pack as well so that my game can have Santa "dropping off presents" in the bathroom and electrified reindeer. Woo!

(At least I didn't lose anything irreplaceable. This computer wasn't as "lived-in" as previous ones, yet.)

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#13866 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 4:18 PM
Sims can do yoga on coffee tables. Whether this is default game behavior, or a weird mod I don't know I have, I don't know. I had the option show up on a custom fish tank in the past, and I discarded it as being something with that fish tank. But now I realized it shows up on maxis coffee tables too =O I very rarely have empty space on them, so I guess that's why it's taken me this long to notice.

Pictures of Emma doing yoga on the coffee table

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Test Subject
#13867 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 4:39 PM
I found that one of the ideal careers for a Drama major is Social Security Recipient.
I have literally been laughing for the past hour or so
Screenshots
Scholar
#13868 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 4:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
Sims can do yoga on coffee tables. Whether this is default game behavior, or a weird mod I don't know I have, I don't know. I had the option show up on a custom fish tank in the past, and I discarded it as being something with that fish tank. But now I realized it shows up on maxis coffee tables too =O I very rarely have empty space on them, so I guess that's why it's taken me this long to notice.

It's vanilla game behaviour if I recall, I remember reading it in the Prima guide years ago but I never managed it myself. Up until now I thought it was something that they took out of the game but forgot they had removed it while writing the guide.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#13869 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 8:07 PM
I am dumb, dumb,, dumb. I knew that I could hold down the shift key and place multiples of objects from the buy catalog. But today I didn't realize cap lock was on and kept wondering why every single thing I bought had more than one

"Death cannot stop true love; it can only delay it for awhile." Westley to Buttercup "The Princess Bride"
Lab Assistant
#13870 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
I am dumb, dumb,, dumb. I knew that I could hold down the shift key and place multiples of objects from the buy catalog. But today I didn't realize cap lock was on and kept wondering why every single thing I bought had more than one

Oh? See, I didn't know that!
Forum Resident
#13871 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 11:18 PM
I found out that passing along perks doesn't always work.
I'm playing businesses for years and witness that this week.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#13872 Old Yesterday at 4:31 PM
Today my Legacy founder's husband rolled a want to 'buy a helicopter'. I'd never seen THAT before!
Lab Assistant
#13873 Old Yesterday at 7:09 PM
Swimmable lakes DON'T count as a source of water for Plantsims, unlike swimming pools
Forum Resident
#13874 Old Yesterday at 7:25 PM
I don't like Twikki Island.
Instructor
#13875 Old Today at 2:40 AM
Elder sims may put a fight with the Grim Reaper

I think that happened because I made her die of old age, so she never achieved any wants or her LTW. Oopsies. Her grandchildren are lovely though :D
Page 555 of 555