Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
2 people viewing

gummilutt

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Replies: 14042 (Who?), Viewed: 1256253 times.
Page 562 of 562
Lab Assistant
#14026 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 3:31 PM
I just noticed that the water in the toilet swirls when flushed. Huh. How about that.

❈ "Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!" ❈
Clairee Belcher, "Steel Magnolias"
Scholar
#14027 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 4:03 PM
The little details in this game continue to amaze me even after all these years. It just doesn't come with the phoned-in animations of sims 3

"Death cannot stop true love; it can only delay it for awhile." Westley to Buttercup "The Princess Bride"
Lab Assistant
#14028 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 6:08 PM
No but seriously, @gummilutt, how is your road covered with snow?

❈ "Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!" ❈
Clairee Belcher, "Steel Magnolias"
Forum Resident
#14029 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 7:41 PM
After years of playing the game, one of my same-sex couple finally rolled the want of having a child!
Mad Poster
#14030 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 7:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasparlaks
No but seriously, @gummilutt, how is your road covered with snow?

I have no idea. I didn't know it didn't happen for other people. I don't really recall if that happens all the time or not. I rarely get enough snow for the ground to be properly covered, but on that day the kid got a snow day so perhaps there is a difference between lots of snow and lots of snow.

I'll keep an eye out and see if it happens on more lots. Rotations are currently on autumn, so snow will be coming up sometime in the coming month.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Instructor
#14031 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 8:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
That not all teens are happy when they autonomously check themselves out in the mirror. I can't even remember seeing this before. He doesn't have pimples, his aspiration is good, so why...?

Unless he does have pimples and I cant see them, I did put on a pimple default. Too late to put on my glasses and check harder now, he went to uni last night.

If he has a custom skin, and not a default replacement skin, then if he has pimples, you won't be able to see them. I noticed this when several of my teens had the option to use acne cream, but I couldn't see any blemishes. Sure enough, the pimples textures are tied directly to the default skins, as you can see when you examine their Property Sets in SimPE.

Yeah, my interest in this is kind of weird. It was an inconsistency and it bothered me.
Instructor
#14032 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 9:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
That not all teens are happy when they autonomously check themselves out in the mirror. I can't even remember seeing this before. He doesn't have pimples, his aspiration is good, so why...? Unless he does have pimples and I cant see them, I did put on a pimple default. Too late to put on my glasses and check harder now, he went to uni last night.

Perhaps he doesn't like his hairstyle?
Mad Poster
#14033 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 10:16 PM
I discovered that there are some things that bug me that do not belong on MTS, and thus my livejournal actually got used for the first time ever. I never thought I would upload something not on MTS, but if I want AL cabinets in mirror-category then I do, and I bet others do too, so livejournal it is (MTS does not allow for recategorized objects as uploads, which makes sense since it's so minor).

And my orphanage reminded me that pianos sometimes need tuning. I rarely have piano-playing Sims, but they love theirs at the orphanage so it's no wonder it needed tuning. I was worried that it would turn into splinters when tuning, like the stupid grandfather clock, but it pulled through and they can once again enjoy the not so melodic tunes of the orphanages manager.

Inventor
#14034 Old Yesterday at 3:09 AM
@gummilutt Thank you for reminding me how good the Beakers were at breaking pianos when I played basegame-only. I knew there was a reason I hadn't given them a piano in my megahood...until this rotation. Well, I'll see if they break this one...
Also, yes! I want those medicine cabinets in mirrors too! I mean, that's what you're going to use them for, right? Downloading it right now -- maybe now that I think about using them as mirror options, my Sims will brush their teeth every once in a while.

Have Mansions & Gardens without Apartment Life and can't find the University espresso bar? You're not the only one!
I claim whatever dubious bragging rights there are for proving this is yet another M&G-without-AL bug.
Lab Assistant
#14035 Old Yesterday at 4:51 AM
I just noticed that you can fend off hyenas using a bone and treating them as dogs. How about that?
Field Researcher
#14036 Old Yesterday at 2:36 PM
That dogs can watch the waves on a beach. I saw my Sim dog (home beach lot) staring at the ocean and clicked on her, sure enough in her queue it was "watch waves"
Scholar
#14037 Old Yesterday at 3:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
I discovered that there are some things that bug me that do not belong on MTS, and thus my livejournal actually got used for the first time ever. I never thought I would upload something not on MTS, but if I want AL cabinets in mirror-category then I do, and I bet others do too, so livejournal it is (MTS does not allow for recategorized objects as uploads, which makes sense since it's so minor).

And my orphanage reminded me that pianos sometimes need tuning. I rarely have piano-playing Sims, but they love theirs at the orphanage so it's no wonder it needed tuning. I was worried that it would turn into splinters when tuning, like the stupid grandfather clock, but it pulled through and they can once again enjoy the not so melodic tunes of the orphanages manager.

Link? Me must have.

"I saw my Sim dog (home beach lot) staring at the ocean and clicked on her, sure enough in her queue it was "watch waves"

How adorable is that?

"Death cannot stop true love; it can only delay it for awhile." Westley to Buttercup "The Princess Bride"
Mad Poster
#14038 Old Yesterday at 3:33 PM
It's gummilutt.livejournal.com I also have it set as my homepage on my profile here. Link to that entry click here. I wish I could make it more easy to find by searching, but apparently google hates livejournals, I've done everything I can to make it show up as a google search, but it refuses to. Even when I search for the exact tags I used, it does not come up. Silly google.

A related upload will be coming on MTS sometime soon too. I just need to figure out pictures and submit it.

Forum Resident
#14039 Old Yesterday at 3:56 PM
1. It seems that all dormies in my game are part of the secret society.

2.Woohoo on a couch in a community lot gives the "woohoo in public" memory. Two dormies woohooed (ACR) in a couch in the research library. o_O
I always thought that this memory was given when woohooing in a photobooth or in an elevator.
Scholar
#14040 Old Yesterday at 8:07 PM
Reading the wiki for some reason (can't remember why), and firstly; I found out that as well as pre-made toddlers and children, some other sims have hidden aspirations. - including old pre-mades (strangetown), new pre-mades (Belladonna cove) and diseased sims. Though Don Lothario isn't one of them, in all games he's always been a perfect father figure - so I always thought Don had a hidden family aspiration.

Also this kinda hilarious bit of information;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sims Wikia
If Calpurnia is resurrected and aged down to an adult, she has what appears to be a really long bit of skin dangling from her chin. Apparently it is part of her mouth. It is unknown how she came to have this oddity though it is most likely a glitch. Cleopatra Capp also has this oddity. If player chooses to age Calpurnia down to an adult, and make her have more children, if any of them inherit Calpurnia's mouth, their mouths will be on their foreheads when they age into adults. However this glitch is only visible on females. Males will have mouths in the correct part of their face.

If you google "sims 2 Calpurnia Caesar" (who fyi has a hidden Grow up aspiration) you can find pictures of it, though sadly I couldn't find any of children with mouths on their foreheads.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#14041 Old Yesterday at 9:25 PM
Well, I found picture of child here http://modthesims.info/t/522633
Scholar
#14042 Old Yesterday at 9:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annaminna
Well, I found picture of child here http://modthesims.info/t/522633

huh, I must not have looked hard enough, I was reading that thread earlier. How strange.
Glad I found this out, I was thinking of cloning Calpurnia Capp because I liked her facial structure, that could've been a total disaster

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#14043 Old Today at 6:59 AM
I've never adopted a baby before, and I was wondering how the baby would be delivered by the social worker.

That's just wrong, game!

Page 562 of 562