Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 11715 (Who?), Viewed: 1118620 times.
Page 469 of 469
Scholar
#11701 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 7:05 AM
Are bees one of the bugs you can pin in your collection? It might be revenge lol.
Instructor
#11702 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Are bees one of the bugs you can pin in your collection? It might be revenge lol.

Not even....

Je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Test Subject
#11703 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 6:21 PM
Today I learned that nannies can potty-train toddlers. My nannies are usually pretty well-behaved -- they change diapers, they clean, they don't wet themselves -- but I have never once, in maybe six years of playing this game, seen one actually help a toddler with its skills. Then today, one of them took a kid to the potty before his mother (who was busy with his twin) could. That finished the skill, too, so the nanny's even in his memories as the potty-trainer. How long have they been able to do this?!
Field Researcher
#11704 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 6:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by larky
Today I learned that nannies can potty-train toddlers. My nannies are usually pretty well-behaved -- they change diapers, they clean, they don't wet themselves -- but I have never once, in maybe six years of playing this game, seen one actually help a toddler with its skills. Then today, one of them took a kid to the potty before his mother (who was busy with his twin) could. That finished the skill, too, so the nanny's even in his memories as the potty-trainer. How long have they been able to do this?!

I had this happen with the butler about a year or so ago. Never had a nanny long enough to have her do anything worth while

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Instructor
#11705 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 9:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by larky

Oh wow..You lucky!
I never ever saw this in my game either..I must be playing this game at least as long as you have been.
Anyone knows if it is hack/mod related?!?..Knowing EA..could this even be a glitch? lol

I might see it happen in my game too, since now, I have Real Life mod. So I can set everyone to be annoying, for a longer time I mean!!!!! Cute...
That would be the cherry on top.

Theorist
#11706 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 10:26 PM
I've had one help potty train. She got a huge tip for it! I seem to recall hearing it was something to do with the relationship with the nanny.
Instructor
#11707 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 10:30 PM
relationship..between nanny and kids, or between nanny & employer? Because all my mama's are BF with their nanny.

Theorist
#11708 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 10:40 PM
It's been a while, so I could be remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure they had to have a good relationship with the child, which would explain why it doesn't happen very often - children grow up so fast!
Scholar
#11709 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 10:44 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 23rd Apr 2014 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Added reply to sushigal007
I've discovered the reason why I couldn't find the free female hairs that I'd downloaded from Peggy Zone. It's because they are male hairs!
Because Peggy Zone has been unreliable recently, I'm trying to download all the free hair that I like while the site is working. That results in a lot of zip files in my Windows Download folder so I tried to sort them into male and female before extracting them to the game's download folder. And I assumed these ones were female hairs because they had "fh" filenames. Even when I found pictures of them on the Wiki, I still thought they were female because the pictures showed long styles on boys with androgynous faces. Perhaps in Peggy's scheme of things "fh" stands for "free hair"!

Oh well, I like my boys to have long hair!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushigal007
...children grow up so fast!
Perhaps not in Rosebine's game. She has the Real Life mod which lets them be children for as many days as real children; they could be around for years!
Instructor
#11710 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
Perhaps not in Rosebine's game. She has the Real Life mod which lets them be children for as many days as real children; they could be around for years!

Excatly..lol
While their "year" lasts 365 sim days..I'll surely allow myself to shorten this to my likings. But I was one who played with aging off, all the time. Turning it back on, for aging babies, toddlers etc. But then, turning it off again.
Real Life mod helps me deciding when I want them to age..no limit..unless I'd be a freak, no pressure..just when I decide it.
Because yeah..you can still age them up whenever you want! ahah..sorry, I forgot to add this detail.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah..how awesome that is.

Field Researcher
#11711 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushigal007
It's been a while, so I could be remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure they had to have a good relationship with the child, which would explain why it doesn't happen very often - children grow up so fast!

That would make a lot of sense, because siblings also need to have a high enough relationship with a toddler to train them. Even children can only teach the nursery rhyme when the relationship is high enough. It might even be the same for the parents, but they usually start out with a pretty high relationship when the child is born.

Still my sims have never potty trained a toddler autonomously, it's cool to know that the nanny and butler can do that. I have to have my toddlers raised mainly by either of those ask them to join when they are playing with one of the toddler toys.
Instructor
#11712 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 11:22 PM
It is hard for me to tell the difference between good and less good relationship between siblings, or between family members at all. They always have a super excellent one. As soon as a baby turn into a toddler in my game, if the older sibling was taught a nursery rhyme, he/she can teach them. No need to wait. Or maybe? But I never noticed the interaction not being present.

Lab Assistant
#11713 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 11:34 PM
I have, it's fairly low-ish think 20/10 or similar. Danielle really took a dislike to her half sister Ines from the moment Ines was born, even with forcing the talk to baby interaction (after Ines was born, not to the belly) she resisted and I just about managed to drag it out of the minus by the time Ines aged to toddler, but Danielle never would interact unless forced, she was a couple of days from Teen when Ines became toddler, and never could teach Ines anything. It definitely is linked to reationship score, all the toddler skills are.
Instructor
#11714 Old Yesterday at 4:52 AM Last edited by Rosebine : Yesterday at 4:30 PM.
The..Painting folder.
Was about time, yeah OK! I know. lol

EDIT

I found out about how I can make cool use of it, and that all the ingame screen captures I take (print screen) are usable by my sim to paint, as soon as I save them to the Painting folder. While game is still open.
I already have a bunch of toddler/kids pics, of my sims..so I ask her to make portraits, and then gift them to the parents! They'll have beautiful souvenirs.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#11715 Old Yesterday at 11:12 AM
The relationship score can't be it; I just checked, and she's only at 6/0 towards him. It could be a mod, but this neighborhood's seen a lot of toddlers since I last put any new ones in.
Theorist
#11716 Old Yesterday at 1:33 PM
Now I think about it, I've had ISBI-style sims also autonomously potty train toddlers as well as nannies. But I never paid much attention to their relationships because it was against the rules. Perhaps it's a combo of relationship, personality and social motive? I dunno. Could be a mod too, I've got loads.
Page 469 of 469

Section jump