Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

Orilon

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Replies: 13680 (Who?), Viewed: 1239632 times.
Page 548 of 548
Scholar
#13676 Old Yesterday at 3:34 PM
I don't know how I missed it, because I've checked the other websites sticky a million times, but I had NO IDEA that default replacements existed for the outfits and haircuts in the game. I have almost zero CC because I don't want 50 million different hairs and outfits, but there are some choices so ugly and out of date , I feel like they are wasting space. My sims aren't fashion models, but even the most fashion clueless wouldn't wear Brandon Lillard's hair that was out of date even when TS2 first came out. I'm not getting rid of the combovers or some of the choices I think it would be reasonable for an unattractive sim. but WTF? Who would ever wear those rave outfits or the pink gorilla head?!?! I also get peeved when there are 6 haircuts identical except for one tiny barrette I can barely see is a slightly different color from another one. Thank goodness others agreed and made slightly or totally different Maxis Match looks so there is more variety possible in the game.

I don't know if this counts as a game discovery, but it changes EVERYTHING for me. Now I know I can have good stuff without too much bloat and I can get rid of default space wasters I'd never choose, or don't need six nearly identical choices. I knew about skin, eyes and face templates, but this is a Christmas miracle. I can't wait to put makeup on my sims for the first time ever as well. I've always thought almost all the makeup in the game was unflattering and nastier looking that no makeup at all.

Just wondering.. anyone know of default replacements for most of the fuggo sunglasses in the game? As a glasses wearer, I hate how there are billions of sunglesses, but like only 3 pairs of glasses to choose from (One pair suffers from that -- several choices almost identical thing) I'll ask in WCIF after I finish replacing the most offensive hairs and outfits in my game.

Anyway -- http://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/ HOORAY!
Mad Poster
#13677 Old Yesterday at 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k6ka
I just noticed that I can use the "Alt" key to pan the camera. An alternative to using the right mouse button.

And if you use Z you can get in close to those toddlers on the floor...I use it a lot.

the toe....says HI
Lab Assistant
#13678 Old Today at 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGarden
Sims can cheat in chess, and if they get caught they get cranky

I discovered this relatively recently too. I often try to get Sims to be friends by having them play chess. But I had these two Sims playing together for a long time, and they weren't making any headway into being friends. Then I watched them playing more closely and discovered one was cheating and kept making the other mad and dropping their relationship points. Now I avoid letting my Sims with 1 or 0 nice points play chess with anyone, lol.
Instructor
#13679 Old Today at 2:58 AM
Quite by accident, I discovered that if you press shift, you can put a stilt foundation on top of another stilt foundation! And the second reaches the height a wall does! I also tested it with the others. Only the lattice works, and instead of putting another on top, it makes the existing one taller.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#13680 Old Today at 3:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie
Just wondering.. anyone know of default replacements for most of the fuggo sunglasses in the game? As a glasses wearer, I hate how there are billions of sunglesses, but like only 3 pairs of glasses to choose from (One pair suffers from that -- several choices almost identical thing) I'll ask in WCIF after I finish replacing the most offensive hairs and outfits in my game.

I haven't seen many default glasses around.
There are these MM ones by Phae http://modthesims.info/d/267178

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#13681 Old Today at 6:48 AM
An elder couple had fears of emailing someone. I thought of having them email each other, but didn't want to upset them. (;

“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Jonas Salk, biologist Sums it up, really!
Page 548 of 548

Section jump