Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 24977 (Who?), Viewed: 1237250 times. | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 304 of 1000
Scholar
#7576 Old 7th May 2012 at 7:52 AM Last edited by lazzybum : 7th May 2012 at 8:02 AM.
Orilon, this may be a stupid question, but children + parents that show up could be your playables too?

And where can I find the customer selector Josepina? I might find that useful.

Edit: Just took my shy farmer sim who is new to town to the same club. He went around 7pm-ish and there were alot more people this time (6-8). So I don't think it ties in with being popular that much. Maybe it is just random? I dunno.
Instructor
#7577 Old 7th May 2012 at 8:02 AM Last edited by Josepina : 7th May 2012 at 8:12 AM.
Find it in Pescado's allhacks list. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,7.0.html

Two Jeff's vistor controller (http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=17.0) could possibly work for non-playable-owned lots as it doesn't need to be saved (don't quote me on that) providing you also have 'build/buy on community lots' mod which enables these for visiting sims. Actually you could add it by entering from the neighbourhood screen. Nevertheless it's a cool mod. Likely the controllers can't both be installed as they do much the same things or maybe they can. Who knows with these things?
Instructor
#7578 Old 7th May 2012 at 3:02 PM
The amount of townies (or guests if you throw a party on a residential lot) is supposed to be based on the capability of your computer, I believe. If I recall correctly, there are ways you can edit this, either in the game scripts or via cheat. Anyone else remember?
Mad Poster
#7579 Old 7th May 2012 at 3:38 PM
Children and animals are more likely to show up on community lots if you take children and animals with your older sims. Children, alas, are not guaranteed, but they will show up on their own, without parents, at least part of the time. Townie children, of course, can only show up without parents. The exception is vacation lots, but of course you only meet tourist children there. Which is a pain. I want to be able to have two different playable families run into each other in the same vacation hood when they're both on vacation there!

Children go home around six and teens between 8:30 and 9:30. If, however, you leave your lot after that time and hang out till the wee hours of the morning, teens may start showing up again. Apparently the programming involves "after this hour of the night" and not "between this hour of the night and that hour of the morning." It only kicks in if the teen or child is not engaged at the time the computer checks the clock. If you get an outing or date started before the time checks kicks in, you can keep them out all night; if you arrive at the lot as the time check occurs, they'll wander off without a word. If you change venues on a date or outing after curfew, they'll wander off as soon as you arrive at the new venue.

Weirdly, I've had scored outings initiated by townies include children from their household, quite late at night, and these children will stay for the entire outing.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#7580 Old 7th May 2012 at 4:27 PM
In the globalprops file there is maxtotalsims maxtotalhumans maxtotalpets. I think that changes family size.

The cheat 'intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims [number]' lets you have big parties and probably increases visitor limit on community lots as well. This might be what the customer limit adjuster does. It let's you pick a # between 1 and 50. You can have a different setting for each lot and it saves the setting for each time you load the lot.
Theorist
#7581 Old 7th May 2012 at 5:00 PM
If I send, say, the Specters to Takemizu, and have them stay in a hotel, can I then send the DeBateaus at the same time to Takemizu and have them stay in a vacation house or different hotel? Same hotel? If yes, will the out of play sims show up on community lots?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#7582 Old 7th May 2012 at 5:19 PM
You can send them to a vacation house or a different hotel in the same vacation neighborhood, but they can't call each other and won't encounter each other on community lots. Which sucks.

Especially since, if you then go back to the main hood and send someone to a community lot, the vacationing sim can appear there while he's out of town! They didn't really work out the vacation coding to suit every playstyle, just assumed that you'd take family A on vacation, play out the whole vacation, bring them home, and take Family B on vacation. I haven't sent anybody on a longer vacation than three days yet because I know that's as long as I can possibly stand to play the same family at once, and there's no point in playing the vacation over more than one rotation the way it's set up. I think it'd be great fun to send, say, two or three branches of the Hawkins family all to Three Lakes at the same time and play them in rotation, having outings together, visiting each other's vacation homes/hotels, running into each other at Axe Wood Campgrounds, teens competing over the same vacation romance, etc.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#7583 Old 8th May 2012 at 4:34 AM
Since we were talking about the amount of customers/visitors on lots, I just came across this hack just now, 'More Customers':

http://drupal.cyjon.net/node/167

Maybe this should help when its empty at night
Inventor
#7584 Old 8th May 2012 at 7:51 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right place, thread-title seemed appropriate lol...

I have been on the 'hunt' for the holiday stuff pack, went on Amazon & noticed that there was an offer for "Festive Holiday Pack" & "Happy Holiday Pack". the Happy Holiday Pack was listed as being for a Mac, while Festive was PC, is that why the different names? Are they different sps? Or a combination? Was there an Ep that went with them? Example: Mansion & Garden with Apartment Life. Or was Seasons it? Hope that makes sense...thanks bunches!

cause I like sheep
Lab Assistant
#7585 Old 8th May 2012 at 8:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbaby160
I'm not sure if this is the right place, thread-title seemed appropriate lol...

I have been on the 'hunt' for the holiday stuff pack, went on Amazon & noticed that there was an offer for "Festive Holiday Pack" & "Happy Holiday Pack". the Happy Holiday Pack was listed as being for a Mac, while Festive was PC, is that why the different names? Are they different sps? Or a combination? Was there an Ep that went with them? Example: Mansion & Garden with Apartment Life. Or was Seasons it? Hope that makes sense...thanks bunches!

cause I like sheep

The party SPs are a bit confusing at times, here's a breakdown of it:
TS2 Holiday Party Pack is the first stuff pack. It is called TS2 Christmas Party Pack in the UK and Ireland (i.e. they're the same thing, just for different regions).
TS2 Happy Holiday Stuff is the fourth stuff pack. It is called TS2 Festive Holiday Stuff in the UK and Ireland (i.e. they're also the same thing, just for different regions).
As far as I know there are no PC/MAC restrictions on any of these and no EP "went with them" as such, although I suppose one could argue that Seasons sorta went with Happy Holiday Stuff (/festive holiday stuff). There's a neat Wikipedia article called List of The Sims video games , it helps.

And all the Naaru say I'm pretty fly for a Draenei!
LiveJournal - Tumblr
Forum Resident
#7586 Old 8th May 2012 at 9:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootilda
If you have deleted something from the installation files, then you may have to reinstall to get it back.

Come home, Targa - all is forgiven. It's back! Next time I loaded the game, the original smoke detector re-appeared. Don't do it, Targa! Come down off that ledge. I'm sorry!
Inventor
#7587 Old 8th May 2012 at 2:07 PM
Thank you so much Vimpse for the explantion & the link!! That's fab, now I can finally complete my collection!
Mad Poster
#7588 Old 8th May 2012 at 4:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by music2ologist
Come home, Targa - all is forgiven. It's back! Next time I loaded the game, the original smoke detector re-appeared. Don't do it, Targa! Come down off that ledge. I'm sorry!

I rather suspect Targa would have known from the beginning that it wasn't the fault of her hack.
Lab Assistant
#7589 Old 8th May 2012 at 7:43 PM
Is it even possible to have identical twins? Or twins of the same sex?

Because all my twins are both: Different sexes, and look pretty different.
Alchemist
#7590 Old 8th May 2012 at 8:02 PM
Plenty possible to have twins of the same sex, but I'm pretty sure it's almost impossible to have identical twins unless you make them in CAS. I've had some that are verrrrry close in appearance though.
Lab Assistant
#7591 Old 8th May 2012 at 8:04 PM
Well, "identical" twins in real life aren't really identical, either. But good to know.
Mad Poster
#7592 Old 8th May 2012 at 8:05 PM
Same sex, yes. My Hawkins and Rubens twins are both girl/girl sets.

Technically, identical twins are not possible, because of the way the randomization works. Clones (identical twins being natural clones) will only happen when the same slot in the roster of combined DNA choices is reused, and the same one won't be used in the same load of the game. However, certain combinations of DNA can differ by only one or two trivial points, especially if you have married sims with sufficiently boring genetics - both derived from the same face template, with the same hair, eye, and skintone, for example, or one parent has two copies of the same dominant genes and the other parent has two recessive genes. And there's a reasonable chance of them sharing a star sign, though I can't do the math for it.

Mad Poster
DELETED POST
8th May 2012 at 8:17 PM
This message has been deleted by Darby. Reason: Ninja'd. Nothing additional to add.
Instructor
#7593 Old 8th May 2012 at 9:27 PM
You can fake 100% identical twin sims, though, if you use the "first-born effect" to your advantage. Let your sim have the first baby, save and quit the game, then relaunch the game and reimpregnate your sim & have the second baby immediately (possible either using the Tombstone of L and D via "speed up my pregnancy" or by using the clock with InTeen.). The second baby will be completely identical to the first.
Site Helper
#7594 Old 9th May 2012 at 1:18 AM
Since the first-born effect only applies to personality, and not appearance, this seems unlikely to be true.
Mad Poster
#7595 Old 9th May 2012 at 1:26 AM
Does it? I had understood first-born effect to result in complete clones, identical in appearance and personality both, though not necessarily in sex. Anybody should believe you over me, of course. I only have one clone set from first-born effect, and they're Gavigans, who you can't tell apart regardless, so I'm repeating what I thought I'd learned here.

I had no idea you could save in the middle of a twin birth.

Site Helper
#7596 Old 9th May 2012 at 1:45 AM
From http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg108706
Quote:
Firstborn effect only affects personalities. Tendency to constantly spawn boys or girls is apparently an related artifact of a poor random number generator, but unrelated to this. Same story with twins. Identical children tends to be caused by homogenous genetic pools in CAS sims, where if your sims spawn with dominant facial features and none of these clash, the outcome tends to always be the same as a result, because your kids inherit all the dominant features.
Scholar
#7597 Old 9th May 2012 at 7:04 AM
Then what syndrome affects when children have the exact same facial features, hair + eye color (regardless of gender & age difference)? Rolling the Pacifier still avoids that right?
Instructor
#7598 Old 9th May 2012 at 7:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootilda
Since the first-born effect only applies to personality, and not appearance, this seems unlikely to be true.

But I've definitely had it happen before, and the sims wiki says it duplicates the genetics exactly unless you randomize/roll the pacifier... genetics would include the facial features, no? If you keep reading in the thread from MATY, most people there reported the same thing, identical sim children in personality AND looks.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg109121

@ Peni - you can't save in the middle of a multiple birth; my suggestion was to do two sped-up pregnancies, with a save/quit in between, so the babies are born on the same day and identical.
Site Helper
#7599 Old 9th May 2012 at 2:53 PM
Pescado is only explaining what's in the game code. If there's no code to duplicate the genetics unless the game has been randomized, then the code just doesn't exist. Computer programs aren't magic, they're science. It's possible to examine the source code and determine whether the pseduo-random number generator is being called.

Human beings are really good pattern finders. In fact, they're so good at it that they tend to find patterns where none exist. I'm quite willing to believe that this is occurring with genetics in TS2.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clustering_illusion
Test Subject
#7600 Old 9th May 2012 at 4:32 PM
If you do want identical twins, though, you could use SimPE's Sim Surgery plugin to copy one twin's appearance over to the other.
Closed Thread
Page 304 of 1000