Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#23301 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 8:35 AM
Default Oooohhh crap
I have no idea what the hell just happened.

So I combined about 3 different families on the same lot, started fire, successfully killing the 3 sims I meant to kill (and successfully won against the Grim Reaper on the two I DIDN'T mean to kill...whoops), stuck the urns into the intended sim's inventory, saved, went back to hood, moved sims into family bin (WITHOUT house, I know not to do that), bulldozed house wheredeath fires occured, moved family into shiny new house where they will ACTUALLY live (old house was a random throw-away starter so I could burn it down), and see family...there are three tombstones sitting out by the mailbox on the lot. Okay, apparently they teleported out of his inventory somehow, okay, I'll just put them back in..and there's an additional 3 gravestones ALREADY in the inventory, which just say "Rest In Peace" and are apparently blank, but I am too scared to delete. Also, there was already a Humble computer gift sitting on the porch--on a completely unplayed lot (it was a lot that I'd downloaded, but it was off of this site, was unoccupied, and was taken directly from the lot bin, no other family had lived in it, and they haven't even been on the lot for 30 SIM seconds yet, much less real-time ones.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
Advertisement
Inventor
#23302 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 10:56 AM
It seems that it's something of a bug/glitch that a tombstone may duplicate if you move someone out and in with one in their inventory. This thread is about the same issue. One poster recommended putting the duplicates down on the lot along with the others, then saving and exiting the lot. Their duplicates were gone on re-entering. Another poster mentioned they remembered Pescado saying the "Rest In Peace" tombstone is corrupt and should be deleted. Unfortunately, a quick search didn't turn up any posts by Pescado about duplicate tombstones.

If you have a recent backup, I would suggest going back to it and redo the deaths. You don't even need to set a fire, if you don't want. Spawn either The Tombstone of Life and Death, or Rodney's Death Creator, with testingcheats, and you can select which which sims you want to die by fire. That way you don't need to risk the others or waste time on moving in/out because the lot won't be burned.

As for the Humble computer, I'm not sure what happened there. Sometimes Humble spawns very quickly on lot load for me, but it sounds like you paused almost immediately? Did the lot start at 8am Monday?
Scholar
#23303 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 1:13 PM
Has anyone who uses Plumbob Keeps au natural pet food had an issue with pets eating the critturs? My cat kills them fine but when trying to eat the action cancels straight after. I recall having this issue once before but I can't remember how I fixed it.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Lab Assistant
#23304 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 1:34 PM
I haven't had any issues with it, but I mostly have dogs and only a few cats. Dogs work fine for me. I will pay closer attention next time I play a household with a cat.
Inventor
#23305 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
That was for an April Fools joke, you had to respond in a certain time to get it.

Aw. See you next April 1st, then?

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Only, mine's broke down and now I've no-one to love! :cylon:

Not all is lost! How good's your Mechanical skill? .
Forum Resident
#23306 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snufflepaws
Has anyone who uses Plumbob Keeps au natural pet food had an issue with pets eating the critturs? My cat kills them fine but when trying to eat the action cancels straight after. I recall having this issue once before but I can't remember how I fixed it.

Dog went to work absolutely starving and in the red, but there was deer aplenty to get. I reloaded because I made Santa come too early. Anyway it's on my priority list to check sometime today.
Instructor
#23307 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 4:10 PM
Where does the Waterskin custom drink come from? It just started showing up in game a month or two ago and sims just drop it anywhere. I don't particularly mind it and I believe it might be a custom water well I downloaded because the idea was cute, but I still have no idea exactly where this is coming from?
Scholar
#23308 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 4:28 PM
Do you have the Fetch Water Crafting Station from Plumbob Keep?
There is a Waterskin custom drink in it
Mad Poster
#23309 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 5:48 PM
It runs in my mind that a barbecue grill, placed indoors, will almost always result in a fire. Is this right, or am I confusing myself again?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#23310 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HonokaAizawa
Do you have the Fetch Water Crafting Station from Plumbob Keep?
There is a Waterskin custom drink in it

Oh! That would be it. I wish sims without it on their lots would stop leaving it around all my houses at parties though
Mad Poster
#23311 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 6:18 PM
@Zarathustra you are right. There is mod to fix it: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=433655
Lab Assistant
#23312 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 9:33 PM
It's strange that you see that water skin so much, wafflefriez. I only ever see them when I specifically tell them to get one.
Field Researcher
#23313 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 3:12 AM
Why would hood checker abort every time I try to use it on one of my hoods? I haven't added any mods other than the bubbles are social one since the last time I used it.. I thought it was just the hood, nut even my new tot hood aborts the program.

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Mad Poster
#23314 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 6:03 AM
Does anyone know if a file named "hidcon.exe" in the AnyGameStarter folder is safe, or if it shouldn't be there at all? I scanned my computer just now and it hit as a trojan/malware with Malwarebytes. I'm not entirely sure if Avira has reacted to it, though. Deleted it just in case, because I hardly ever use AGS anyway.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23315 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 7:32 AM
I have that file in my AGS folder too so it must be legit.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#23316 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 7:42 AM
DEVON--Thanks, yeah it looks like it was just that glitch, it just scared me a bit because tombstones tend to be SRIUS BIZNESS because of their corruption factor, and I hadn't ever gotten that glitch before in all my time playing. As for the mystery computer, I think now that it may just be the computer from the previous lot. That one was a sort of waystation while getting the current sim couple and several former "housemates" situated (I stuck a bunch of sims whom I had planned to run in the same social circle on the same lot to see who hooked up, and then seperated them into pairs based on that (they were the same sims whom I just killed, too, because I'm being pretty evil to the sims in this hood for story reasons). And after I split them all up I ended up moving them into their seperate houses or apartment lots only to re-combine 3 of the households to kill off the 3 aforementioned sims so the survivors got custody of the dead sims' kids...

Anyway, I think that the mystery Humble 'puter is just one of the ones from one of the previous moves that I just stuck in the sim's inventory still wrapped, and it got booted out of the inventory along with the 3 urns when the doubles were created (since the urns were now tombtones sitting around the mailbox for some reason...this friggin' game sometimes, I swear..
Mad Poster
#23317 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 12:07 PM
Add one more because for some reason I just had to click on it after reading that post. XD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23318 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 12:17 PM
Sometimes people want to check gender.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#23319 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 12:41 PM
Sometimes I guess people are just naturally curious
Mad Poster
#23320 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Sometimes people want to check gender.

That's the main reason why I visit profiles, unless it's a creator. How do you even see how many visits your profile has? xD

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Field Researcher
#23321 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 6:00 PM
I'm more interested in location, and to a lesser extent age, than gender. I've shuftied quite a few profiles of regular posters here, and noticed that simmers seem to be a pretty reticent bunch when it comes to personal details. Are they tacitly ashamed of their secret obsession? Or do they just think their meatspace persona is unimportant? Whatever their reasons, I consider a right to privacy somewhat more important than my casual curiosity.
Inventor
#23322 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 8:57 PM
Default Goddamnit Game
Okay, so I just got the duplicate headstone thing AGAIN, except this time it's WORSE.

It's on the same lot with the same set of sims, the only thing that is different now is that I added another sim (whom I was also about to kill off before all this happened, and she did not have any graves in her inventory when I moved her in, so they couldn't have come from her), but the family has NOT been moved out of this lot since the Rest In Peace headstones appeard/disappeared. NOR have the graves been placed in inventory since then. They are currently sitting in their designated spot, as they were when I last played the lot. Other than the new sim moving in ZERO changes have been made to the family/household.

Plus, these new graves do not say "Rest In Peace." They say "Here Lies (X-sim)" and seem to be EXACT duplicates of the dead sim's graves, when you click on either of them both offer up the usual "Mourn, Move, etc" pie menu. I already tried doing "save, leave lot, come back" deal which is supposed to get rid of the RIP tombstones, but they're still there. Has anyone else ever had this before? Because I really have no clue what's going on.
Field Researcher
#23323 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 1:36 AM
Okay this doesn't seem like it's worth an entire thread, but one of my adult sims aged up into a teen with the fear Be Uneducated and it didn't go away? They didn't go to college because their family didn't have enough on hand [in my game, the household has to have at least 10k in funds before the teens can be considered and then I do an RNG to determine if they even get accepted.] but I upgraded the sim in question with the Batbox and it's still there? It's happened before and was a constant fear even through elderhood so I'm not sure how to just trigger it to make them take the aspiration hit so this dumb thing will go away.

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23324 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 3:13 AM
have you tried re rolling on the batbox? Is he an adult now? You might like the no fear uneducated mod. otherwise try a date, they are great for rolling lots of new wants and fears.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#23325 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 3:18 AM
Try this http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...uneducated-fear along with rerolling after installing as Jo recommended. Also use SimPE to remove unwanted memories.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 933 of 1000