Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
4 people viewing

Bigsimsfan12

There are also 3 guests viewing too.

Replies: 17233 (Who?), Viewed: 1038284 times.
Page 690 of 690
Mad Poster
#17226 Old Today at 1:36 AM
Yeah, the learning curve on roofs is steep.

The stairs, being modular stairs, need an extra open space. I don't know why it sometimes lets you place them without it, but it now isn't recognizing that floor as floor, but as part of the staircase. Knock out that floor tile with the sledgehammer and place the railing around the new open space. It should allow that.

For individual roofs, choose the roof tool and roof type and go into top-down mode, with the selection that makes the roof visible, and make sure you're on the very top level. Choose the roof you want and drag it onto the top of the garage. If it doesn't want to go on over the garage door, take off the garage door, or try a different roof type, or don't drag the roof so far. You should be able to replace the garage door later.

I suggest leaving it at the moment and going off till you're less frustrated, as adding a roof takes practice and you sound about at the end of your rope. If you want to play the house and don't want rain in the garage - place floor tiles and call it a flat roof for now. You can always remove them later to experiment with the roof tool again.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#17227 Old Today at 1:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marka93
@Vixxen The only 2 mods that have anything to do with jobs are jobfixes & carpoolfix and I think you should test with out them and see what happens.

jobfixes can and will conflict with InTeen but it all goes to load order. You may have had the wrong mod in and you did not know it.

I don't have inTeen installed (as I said, too many issues, simply not worth it as I only rarely play teen pregnancies anyways, and this was before I installed the hacks from MATY so it couldn't conflict with jobfixes then). I'll probably try it without those two at some later point (I rarely play apartments, except it one subhood, and the issue is only present in apartments, and I don't currently have another hood with apartments on hand as I play with only one Megahood to minimize the used space). But as I said I can live without many of these MATY hacks as they remove some annoyances rather than do something that's really super important, so I'd rather have a game that runs well otherwise even if with less hacks (except a couple that I consider must-haves for my playing style).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
I have most of those mods and they all work for me. Make sure you do have the right versions.

I have AL versions of them all and I have all EPs and stuff packs, so this should be the version to use. Also all MATY hacks are supposedly compatible with each other and I only have a couple of others, which I've checked for conflicts (both with the conflict check utility, reading the instructions and I actually considered wether they would edit the same thing - none of them should conflict with each other as they all edit totally different stuff, I have no other job related hacks whatsover).

Quote:
Originally Posted by k6ka
You can see the "Avoiding corruption" link in my signature for more information about corruption. It can become gravely serious if you are really not careful, but for most of the time you probably won't even think about it. Just don't do any of the "VBTs" (Very Bad Things), like moving in Mrs. CrumpleBottom or marrying the Grim Reaper, and don't delete Sims in the family bin. You should be fine.

Thanks, I did know about not moving in some NPCs like Mrs. Crumplebottom and Grim Reaper, and not deleting any Sims (I have the Critturs laying in my family bin because I can't delete them and I don't want to play them as they're supposedly corrupted, and even in the instance they're not, they're apparently very annoying). But I did not know about Mrs. Crumplebottom turning into a vampire. To be honest many years ago when I was an inexperienced Simmer I would do all sorts of bad stuff, including deleting Sims, etc. and I played without any hacks and didn't run into any serious problems. But then again, I'm rather on the safe side as I don't want to corrupt my Megahood or even the whole game.
Mad Poster
#17228 Old Today at 3:15 AM
If you've patched the game before loading the hood, the Critturs aren't a problem. Neither are the Ottomai. Except insofar as they are challenging to play.

Just because things shouldn't conflict, doesn't mean they don't! And the HCDU doesn't show all potential problems. The only way to be sure is to test.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#17229 Old Today at 6:13 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, Peni Griffin. I will try them when my Sims have earned enough money again to afford home improvements. (I ended up deleting the garage, leaving the stairs as is, and moving the family in. They have now spent all their money on furnishings, lol.) I would rather play with the Sims than decorate a house, so I just got really annoyed that I had to waste so much time on the house and couldn't fix it the way I wanted anyway. But the family doesn't seem to care that their stairs don't match the rest of the flooring, so it's not that big of a deal I guess, haha.
Lab Assistant
#17230 Old Today at 7:25 AM
Seating with or without pets - what to do when I really want to download a sofa but I'm not sure if Cyd Roseland's dog will sit on it watching TV? Kitchens are even worse - I want fridges to work with free time at least, but nost often they are only suited to basegame, which means that I have this lovely kitchen with a Maxi fridge in it. (And for some reason kitchen counters tend to crash my game). So, in the light of the fact that the Sims don't care about stuff like colors not matching (@eveysmom, or don't care about pretty much a lot of the things we care about, I am going for flat roofs and recolors of kitchen counters in my game
Lab Assistant
#17231 Old Today at 9:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
If you've patched the game before loading the hood, the Critturs aren't a problem. Neither are the Ottomai. Except insofar as they are challenging to play.

Just because things shouldn't conflict, doesn't mean they don't! And the HCDU doesn't show all potential problems. The only way to be sure is to test.

The Ottomases have given birth to normal twins (ugly, but normal). My game is patched but I have a Megahood installed (from meetme2theriver's blog), and it obviously comes loaded with all the premades. There is no word on the blog about the Ottomases and the Critturs, but I backedup up my game before playing Ottomases just in case they'd give birth to something weird - the babies ended up being normal with normal family ties. Is it safe to assume that the Critturs have been fixed then, too?

Just another random question. I have a set of geneticized Purplepaws Maxis match skintones, as I prefer more variety in the game. Now my question is, obviously 0.20, 0.45 and 0.75 will be able to be born in-game to Sims with different skintones. However, what about 0.05 and 0.95? I'm guessing they won't be able to be born with these, but will the game generate townies with those skintones? I don't create Sims in my neighborhood at all (I just play premades and their children) so I don't know wether I will be able to get the two extremes into my game at all (without changing existing Sims, which I don't want to do).
Alchemist
#17232 Old Today at 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
Seating with or without pets - what to do when I really want to download a sofa but I'm not sure if Cyd Roseland's dog will sit on it watching TV? Kitchens are even worse - I want fridges to work with free time at least, but nost often they are only suited to basegame, which means that I have this lovely kitchen with a Maxi fridge in it. (And for some reason kitchen counters tend to crash my game). So, in the light of the fact that the Sims don't care about stuff like colors not matching (@eveysmom, or don't care about pretty much a lot of the things we care about, I am going for flat roofs and recolors of kitchen counters in my game

There is a tutorial for updating custom fridges to work with Freetime.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=286886

And this looks like it updates all furniture for use by pets.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=263078
Mad Poster
#17233 Old Today at 3:04 PM
If your Ottomas family is good, your Critturs are good, Vixxen; it's the exact same glitch. The whole point of meetmetotheriver's cleaned hoods and subhood versions is that she took care of all the glitches she could. Any potential problems she knows about (like the thing with the graves) are discussed on the site.

Field Researcher
#17234 Old Today at 4:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxen
Just another random question. I have a set of geneticized Purplepaws Maxis match skintones, as I prefer more variety in the game. Now my question is, obviously 0.20, 0.45 and 0.75 will be able to be born in-game to Sims with different skintones. However, what about 0.05 and 0.95? I'm guessing they won't be able to be born with these, but will the game generate townies with those skintones? I don't create Sims in my neighborhood at all (I just play premades and their children) so I don't know wether I will be able to get the two extremes into my game at all (without changing existing Sims, which I don't want to do).

If you're only using maxis-made sims then yes, you wont have any with .05 or .95 offspring, but townies/NPCs will generate with it. So if you plan on marrying off any of your sims to townies then you should get all skintones.

Maybe make 4 or so Sims with 0.05, and 4 or so with 0.95 then turn them into townies/downtownies/NPCs? So that you know you have some sims in the neighbourhood with those skintones, because from what I know townies don't regenerate in already created neighbourhoods unless you marry/move in/kill one.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Page 690 of 690

Section jump