Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

WildIrishBanshee

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Replies: 22266 (Who?), Viewed: 1166655 times.
Page 891 of 891
Instructor
#22251 Old Yesterday at 6:31 PM
@mark93 And if they aren't I can abort, and re-impregnate them, with InSim..and wonder what went wrong with the patching and patch again. I have the UC so it's easy, just a right click thing in Origin.

I think for the HoFT i'll just leave it be. It ain't gonna bother me none being there. If I prove myself wrong i'll have a Sim go in temporarily, move the graves, then bulldoze the lot. There are 3 graves on that lot right?

Also, thanks
Forum Resident
#22252 Old Yesterday at 6:33 PM
Is it possible to add roads to a hood without using SimCity 4?
Mad Poster
#22253 Old Yesterday at 6:48 PM
As I understand it, the lighting effect in the HoFT is deliberate, to create a spooky effect. I always found the light there to be different. The weird thing was that it followed the family after I bulldozed the house! But I'd moved them to another house in downtown, and when I deleted downtown, added a new one, and moved them in again the light was all right again.

The Ottomai will be fine, Wicked. Trust me.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#22254 Old Yesterday at 6:56 PM
So i'll just leave the HoFT alone then. It can stay there for all I care

I definitely want to play with the Ottomas and Crittur family (not at once lol I'll put the crittur's with Cyd Roseland probably)

I think I'll leave Mickey Dosser's face with a broken template if it's ok actually. He can still have kids with someone after all....what happens though to the part that his template is missing? Does it get filled in with the fixed template from argon archfix, from the mother, or potentially either, for the kids?
Mad Poster
#22255 Old Yesterday at 7:01 PM
When a broken template can't find the parts it needs to fill out a feature according to the genetics rolled, it grabs something from another nearby template; usually the elf one, for some reason. That's why the Ruben brothers and the Picasos so often have elf-eared children. But when you send them to college, the ears become round again and whatever parts were filled in get the original template until elder.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#22256 Old Yesterday at 7:04 PM
Ah, I also googled and found a list of Sims with a broke face template, seems so does Priya Ramaswami.

Meh. It is what it is I guess. I'll live with it.

Thank you
Scholar
#22257 Old Yesterday at 7:28 PM
It can happen - that is not to say it will - no Picaso kid or offspring in my game ever had elf ears - and there have been tons of them Same goes with the Ramaswamis - two sets of twins in my hood, all the offsprings are not only fine, but rather good-looking! And I agree with Peni about the Ottomai - they are fine! Broken templates or not, I have never had any Sim looking funny - maybe it is just luck of the draw and they married the right townies
Instructor
#22258 Old Yesterday at 7:35 PM
Hmm I was thinking "Well they could adopt...or have the SO do a surrogate with someone else" I'm not opposed to either in anyway, but I guess I might take my chances. Worst that'll happen is their faces will change at certain age stages, and may not look like they are their parents completely?

I think i'll just go with what i'd normally do. Decide if they what to do based on who they are Adopt, surrogate, have their own child and see what happens..
Forum Resident
#22259 Old Yesterday at 7:38 PM Last edited by Lili975 : Yesterday at 7:49 PM.
It's not necessarily elf, it can also be face 2 (less noticeable).

Old Priya's nose looks normal to me, though, but since K6ka made that addition to the wiki, I'll trust her on that.
Wait, no, someone else made that edit (I always have a hard time understanding who added what to those wikia pages), so I don't trust that page after all :p
Instructor
#22260 Old Yesterday at 7:45 PM
I have some templates that I replaced with defaults. Don't remember which ones now though (though I can check my downloads folder if I had to) as I didn't do all of them. I assume it'll work the same way though anyway, no reason why it wouldn't. I think the elf one is the same, don't think I defaulted that one. Don't have a clue if I did number 2 or not. I think I kept most of the Maxis ones only defaulting a few I couldn't stand lol. I defaulted the Goopy one but only with one that was "slightly less goopy" it's still very goopified lol. And thanks to Peni and all her Sims i've gotten used to what I would have called ugly Sims before. Granted i've always loved all my Sims, they don't care what they look like, character and personality are what make a Sim.

I'm going to have to play Widespot at some point. I'm just debating on if I add the subhood version to Strangetown or make it it's own town, as i've seen there are both versions.
Mad Poster
#22261 Old Yesterday at 7:48 PM
No law against doing both. In fact Widespot would repay replay because there's so many ways to resolve the starting situations.

Scholar
#22262 Old Yesterday at 7:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili975
Old Priya's nose looks normal to me, though, but since K6ka made that addition to the wiki, I'll trust her on that.

First of all, I'm a guy. Stop calling me a "her". Secondly, I didn't make the broken face template changes on Priya Ramaswami's page; that was, in fact, my robot, and it didn't change anything, just fixed a glitch on the page.

I'm a male
The Last Stand Wiki | The Sims Wiki | YouTube | Wikipedia
"Read the last two links in my signature" actually means "Read the links below this line".
FFS Lot Debugger options
Avoiding corruption
How to delete a Sim correctly
How to extract the appearance of Sims
NPC playability info
Instructor
#22263 Old Yesterday at 8:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
No law against doing both. In fact Widespot would repay replay because there's so many ways to resolve the starting situations.

I've decided i'll add it as a subhood to Strangetown, at least at first as you said can replay it later as it's own town if I want, so i've downloaded as it said, and I already have Mootilda's subhood fixes thing so I should be able to be ok there, I can use InSim to check the pregnancies stated in the txt file, and on the off chance they are wrong (I do have ACR) I can just abort and re-impregnate them also with InSim to the correct fathers.

This will be fun. Strangetown + La Fiesta Tech + Widespot
Inventor
#22264 Old Yesterday at 8:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marka93
According to the Wiki the "House of Fallen Trees" has something attached to it that causes all lights to dim even when you put the brightest one on the lot. (This could be a "not so well made object" by EA for this lot.)

The Haunted House Effect. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/House_of_Fallen_Trees

I've read the lighting in House of Fallen Trees can be fixed by using this cheat: setLotLightingFile clear
Haven't played downtown in a long time and haven't tried the cheat myself.

“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Jonas Salk, biologist Sums it up, really!
Forum Resident
#22265 Old Yesterday at 8:33 PM
It would be a shame to fix it, though, I would miss the spooky atmosphere^^
Alchemist
#22266 Old Yesterday at 8:39 PM Last edited by simmer22 : Yesterday at 9:01 PM.
Does anyone know if there is any way to extract TS4 body/accessory/hair meshes (from custom files) to OBJ files without having the game?

There are a few CC items I'd like to convert, but Milkshape refuses to budge on GEOM files from s4pe, TSRW refuses to show meshes without a skeleton there, and a few other methods I've tried have failed. I just want the mesh as an OBJ, whichever way possible, so I don't care if there isn't a skeleton or nothing is assigned.

EDIT: Never mind. HAd to edit the GEOM files first, apparently.
Mad Poster
#22267 Old Yesterday at 11:48 PM
@Duine That's only a temporary fix for it will revert back in time.

Quote:
No matter how many bright lights a player places inside the House of Fallen Trees, after night falls, many of these lights will dim substantially, while others will appear to turn off altogether. Using the various in-game lighting commands only appear to change this temporarily, at best.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Page 891 of 891