Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 15037 (Who?), Viewed: 969250 times.
Page 602 of 602
Lab Assistant
#15026 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 5:24 PM
After the most boring play session in (my) personal history, I've discovered that the zombie skin-tone is only spawning with dice rolled sims, and using the pacifier has not gotten me a zombie skinned sim as of yet. However the problem is ridiculously sporadic (or maybe it's just part of a hack and therefore is truly random..), in two hours of clicking the dice button, quitting the game, reloading the game, creating two trash sims, clicking the pacifier and the dice, quitting, reloading, and doing it all again, the game only gave me two zombie skinned sims. Both of these two came on dice rolls. The pacifier rolls gave me tons of gorgeous sims - but their skin tones all ranged healthfully between their parents', and I got no zombie adults. My next goal is to get a set of trash zombie sims and use the pacifier with them, to see if this is a genetic trait that can be bred into them.

So far, it's looking up and much less scary than before. Hopefully, the skin tone is just unlocked through some custom content.. of course, with as sporadic as it is, I've got a little more clicking to do just to be sure. Thank you again esmeiolanthe!!

Om nom nom.
{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Scholar
#15027 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 6:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanypsia
So far, it's looking up and much less scary than before. Hopefully, the skin tone is just unlocked through some custom content.. of course, with as sporadic as it is, I've got a little more clicking to do just to be sure. Thank you again esmeiolanthe!!

The hack I have for this is by Theo and it's called HiddenSkins.package Just search your downloads for it. Comes in a folder called Eyes Fix together with a hack called CAS_AlienEyes.package I haven't heard of anyone other than Theo building one of these, so chances are good that's what you've downloaded.

Hope that helps!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#15028 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 7:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Is there a way to do a poll on here?
I don't know about an official way, but it should be possible to do a quick unofficial poll by using the Agree and Disagree buttons (a bit like the Sims FML thread.)

If you did that I might even click the Disagree button, (Normally I don't click it in case I hurt anyone's feelings; I try to be as nice to real people as I am to my Sims! )
Forum Resident
#15029 Old Yesterday at 2:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanypsia
After the most boring play session in (my) personal history, I've discovered that the zombie skin-tone is only spawning with dice rolled sims, and using the pacifier has not gotten me a zombie skinned sim as of yet. ...

You're welcome! I think you'll find it's an annoyance, not a game-breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbee
The hack I have for this is by Theo and it's called HiddenSkins.package Just search your downloads for it. Comes in a folder called Eyes Fix together with a hack called CAS_AlienEyes.package I haven't heard of anyone other than Theo building one of these, so chances are good that's what you've downloaded.

Hope that helps!

That's the hack I have as well. I would place a (small) bet on that being the cause of the zombies.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal
Most recent story update: Sun, Moon & Tamara on 4/13/14
Lab Assistant
#15030 Old Yesterday at 5:45 PM Last edited by Sanypsia : Yesterday at 6:21 PM.
Sunbee that helped tremendously; I searched the downloads folder and lo & behold, there both of those files were! If they're what's giving me randomly spawned sims with Zombie skintones, I can live. (And stop having panic attacks about corruption, thus deleting the hood, to lose all progress, to rebuild the hood, &c.)

I'm going to disable CC for another play session and roll the dice again, just to be sure nothing's borked.

Seriously you two are the best, so thank you so much! Maybe now I can actually get to gen 2! Haha.
(Thanks again!)

-And a stupid question; would moving an infant out with a different family member (like grandpa or an aunt) be a bad idea?

Om nom nom.
{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Forum Resident
#15031 Old Today at 3:04 AM
You can probably leave the alien eyes in if you want with no risk of zombie skin tones, since they're two different hacks. I'm glad you got it figured out, though!

I've moved a toddler out with a different relative, and the worst that happened is that the toddler would get phone calls from someone who lived in his old household. Peni explained that's because there's no age check on the must-call-this-person-because-the-relationship-is-getting-low function, not because of Horrendous Corruption. I can't think of any reason why it would be a bad thing. (But maybe someone else knows more than I?)

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal
Most recent story update: Sun, Moon & Tamara on 4/13/14
Test Subject
#15032 Old Today at 4:19 AM
So... my game thinks Vidcund is a teenager with 29 days until he becomes an adult...?
Any way of fixing this without Blender/SimPE or whatever? I've never used them before and I know people can mess up their games with them
Aging him up using Boolprop's "set to birthday" seems to make the game crash.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#15033 Old Today at 8:53 AM
In create a story for your sims, there is a picture of the first resident or family living in a house. Once the family grows, how can I get the image of the latest members that shows when loading the lot?

If someone tells you not to have that 3rd cup of coffee . . . slap them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Theorist
#15034 Old Today at 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
So... my game thinks Vidcund is a teenager with 29 days until he becomes an adult...?
Any way of fixing this without Blender/SimPE or whatever? I've never used them before and I know people can mess up their games with them

Are you using InTeen? I had problems with Vidcund when I was using it, it's easily fixed by spawning his biological clock. If not, you will probably need to download SimPE or something and use it to change his age. So long as you backup and don't go randomly playing with all the options, it's perfectly safe - same with the Blender and boolProp!
Scholar
#15035 Old Today at 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12

Did you patch your game, the only time I have ever seen this is in a un-patch game.

All 7 "Base Game Hoods" in 1 place: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8845.0
Test Subject
#15036 Old Today at 4:38 PM
Quote:
Did you patch your game, the only time I have ever seen this is in a un-patch game.

I'm not fully sure. I think it is? I've had to uninstall and reinstall Sims 2 so many times I can't remember.

Quote:
Are you using InTeen? I had problems with Vidcund when I was using it, it's easily fixed by spawning his biological clock. If not, you will probably need to download SimPE or something and use it to change his age. So long as you backup and don't go randomly playing with all the options, it's perfectly safe - same with the Blender and boolProp!

Hmm it might be InTeen. I think I used the bio clock to speed up his pregnancy. I just tried the bio clock and that doesn't seem to have helped. I tried using boolprop again and aged him up and it didn't crash, so I figure I'll just use the elixir of life to put his age right.

Thanks for the help

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
#15037 Old Today at 7:56 PM
My turn to ask a stupid question: Does having more neighborhoods in your game affect loading/save times? I know it affects game start-up times for sure, because one time, while troubleshooting an issue, I pulled out all but my one test hood and the game got from desktop to main menu fairly quickly. I might've been delirious, too tired to pay attention, or perhaps the hood didn't have many Sims, but loading a lot/saving a lot in that hood also seemed to be faster. When I threw in my other hoods, it seemed to slow down. Can anyone confirm whether this is true or if my brain's a pile of scrambled eggs?
Scholar
#15038 Old Today at 8:19 PM
I got 14 hoods in and it starts up in under 1 min.
I took out all but 1 and its the same time to start up under 1 min.

This is with out CC.

All 7 "Base Game Hoods" in 1 place: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8845.0
Page 602 of 602

Section jump