Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Site-wide announcements:

Inside every sane person there's a madman struggling to get out.
Replies: 20230 (Who?), Viewed: 1120281 times.
Page 810 of 810
Top Secret Researcher
#20226 Old Yesterday at 3:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoif
Oops, sorry for taking so long to reply[again-ish]! I've been sick the past few days, and the Sims 2 color schemes do not help with nausea, surprisingly.

But, yeah. Hard drive icon? Username folder? Sidebars? Computers? Words? No-no freaking clue.

I am using Finder to find this stuff, maybe there another file program that I need to use to find this stuff?

@Anoif You don't need a file program to find these at all -- just good old point-and-click interfaces. These pictures were taken on Snow Leopard, but from what I've seen of Yosemite, it's not that different. I have edited the pictures to remove personally identifiable information.

Definitions of "hard drive icon," "sidebar," and "username folder."

Where you should be starting to follow the path you're having trouble with

I'm a little surprised that these terms are giving you problems, since you seem to know your way around Terminal, which is much more complicated. It's probably the illness, so get better soon, 'kay?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: 100 Days of Awesome on 3/22/15
Test Subject
#20227 Old Yesterday at 5:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmeiolanthe
@Anoif You don't need a file program to find these at all -- just good old point-and-click interfaces. These pictures were taken on Snow Leopard, but from what I've seen of Yosemite, it's not that different. I have edited the pictures to remove personally identifiable information.

Definitions of "hard drive icon," "sidebar," and "username folder."

Where you should be starting to follow the path you're having trouble with

I'm a little surprised that these terms are giving you problems, since you seem to know your way around Terminal, which is much more complicated. It's probably the illness, so get better soon, 'kay?

AHH! I HAVE FOUND THEM!
In other news I m quite inadequate when understanding computer terminology!

In my defense, I looked up a bagaillon tutorials for this for mac and none of them bothered to properly explain what a "path" was, and never that you had to look in the hard drive for them. I guess they assumed that it was likely that you would have done this before?

ahh! Nevermore, I've found them eventually! Thank you so much, Esme, for sticking with me through my inadequate experience with anything relating to a flashy screen with words on it!

For reference, this is what I did:
http://i60.tinypic.com/345zjio.png
Well, partly of what I did, I guess.

Ahh, no but really thank you! You have no idea how much I really need this pictures for a friend, haha.

As a reward, have a picture of Fiona looking quite Jessica-rabbit-y.

http://i61.tinypic.com/4lsqcx.png

Also this picture as well I guess, which I will probably use for my avatar:
http://i60.tinypic.com/2zgb68l.jpg

[Actually, one more question. Will modifying this pictures anyway in the folder corrupt the game? I had to copy the pictures in the folder and move it to the documents, so I'm pretty nervous about that..]
Mad Poster
#20228 Old Yesterday at 5:59 PM
No danger of corrupting with pictures! It's just a .jpg. It doesn't interact with the game files at all.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#20229 Old Yesterday at 7:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuttlegrannyjo
Now...here's my (rather silly, I'm sure) question:
I created several alien sims in body shop many moons ago and have the SIMS2PACKFile for each of them saved in a folder...but I can't figure out how to get them into my game, now.
So I went into body shop (apparently thinking I was smart or somethin') and created another one, just to see how it installs it - needless to say, that gave me no help! lol It auto-installed the sim and put the SIMS2PACKFile on my desktop - The file of the sim that it installed is different than the SIMS2PACKFile...so I'm back to square 1.
I have the Package installer, but all it does is tells me to double click on what I'm trying to install and when I do that I get nowhere (it wants to open a window to find out what it needs to use - Google or chrome or one of those) and 7-zip says I'm just crazy cause it can't open it.

It's one of those things where you know that you should know what to do and the answer is staring you in the face...but I'm old and that's what I'm using as an excuse! lol
So...my question is basically: are these SIMS2PACKFiles throw-aways or is there actually a way to retrieve my sims from them?

You have Sims2pack files, you need clean installer. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=409950

There was, at one point, a functional tool that shipped with the game that installed these, but it turned file names to gibberish and suchlike, and so very smart and talented programers made a better tool. Install Clean Installer, let it be the default program for Sims2pack files, and that should solve your problem.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#20230 Old Yesterday at 9:03 PM
@Anoif YAY! I'm so glad you found them! Yes, I think most tutorials out there assume you have a certain level on knowledge/experience/familiarity with computer-type things. Some tutorials assume you have a lot of knowledge, etc. And now you know what those specific things are that you didn't know before, so if you have to look up another tutorial, it will be easier. And I'm glad you can get to your pictures now. (throws confetti)

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: 100 Days of Awesome on 3/22/15
Alchemist
#20231 Old Yesterday at 9:22 PM Last edited by grammapat : Yesterday at 9:37 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eveysmom
Sims aren't born witches - however, their parents can turn them into witches once they become teenagers. That is what one of my good witches did with her oldest daughter.

Likewise, wolf people want to turn others into wolves, and the "other" will want it to (and to hear howling) if they are Knowledge.

Shuttlegranny: ... and yes, sim packs of sims (like sim pack of houses) are put in the game by double-clicking on them.Since I have so many, after installing them to my game, I put the simpacks in a desk-top folder (as I do with the lot packs).

the toe....says HI
Page 810 of 810

Section jump