Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 18340 (Who?), Viewed: 1073694 times.
Page 734 of 734
Mad Poster
#18326 Old Yesterday at 2:27 AM
I installed the patch each time I installed simPE, nothing would get rid of it. Of course it may be they haven't put the patch on or like me they may just have that strange unfixable issue.

@JessiL there is something wrong with your apartment. I would try moving them to another apartment. Also if you want to prevent any NPC neighbors even in empty apartments there is a mod for that.

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#18327 Old Yesterday at 3:22 AM
@iCad Thank you so much! My SimPE is working now.
Mad Poster
#18328 Old Yesterday at 3:26 AM
Glad to help, Annaminna, and glad that the patch fixed it. Apparently poor Jo wasn't so lucky.

So I'm taking another stab at documenting a neighborhood. This one stars Benjamin Long. Pathetic attempts at humor can be found here.
I caved and made myself a Simblr. Woe is me. But hey! There's already stuff there that isn't here at MTS. :)
Mad Poster
#18329 Old Yesterday at 3:53 AM
It didn't seem to affect how SimPE ran though, it was just an annoying box I had to click off anytime I ran it. Glad that fixed it Annaminna.

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18330 Old Yesterday at 3:58 AM
Actually, before I applied the patch, none of the M&G objects showed up in the Object Workshop, so I couldn't recolor any of them. Other than that, though, it seemed to work fine. Of course, if you don't make recolors and/or you don't try to recolor any of the M&G stuff, you wouldn't notice it.

So I'm taking another stab at documenting a neighborhood. This one stars Benjamin Long. Pathetic attempts at humor can be found here.
I caved and made myself a Simblr. Woe is me. But hey! There's already stuff there that isn't here at MTS. :)
Test Subject
#18331 Old Yesterday at 4:57 PM
If I have all my Sims 2 program files read only, can I install new neighborhoods? If not, how do I install new neighborhoods? I know there is a file or 2 I need to place in the program files but not sure if I can do it if my files are read only.
Theorist
#18332 Old Yesterday at 5:04 PM
You need to just make the object.package read only in your Program Files or Program Files (x86)( which you will have depends on your computer system). All the neighborhoods I've seen go into the neighborhood folder in the EA Games folder in your my documents section.
Test Subject
#18333 Old Yesterday at 5:42 PM
Do witches ever appear on Vacation Lots?
Test Subject
#18334 Old Yesterday at 5:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orilon
You need to just make the object.package read only in your Program Files or Program Files (x86)( which you will have depends on your computer system). All the neighborhoods I've seen go into the neighborhood folder in the EA Games folder in your my documents section.

Thank you for your trouble. This is the neighborhood I'm trying to install, http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=521577 I clicked on the installion instructions and the first way didn't work. The second way says to •Windows XP: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

I'll try making it read only and see if it works.
Theorist
#18335 Old Yesterday at 5:57 PM
The neighborhood you linked is a Open For Business subhood. You only need to make the objects.package read only, and you will be able to put the subhood in the Open for Business Neighborhood Template folder.
Alchemist
#18336 Old Yesterday at 6:22 PM
To STOP (cancel) a pet action, I tried {BP} "PetActionCancel" - it does not work. This is the only one I can find. Help.

ignorance is not stupididity
Theorist
#18337 Old Yesterday at 6:36 PM
This is the cheat combination to control pets and cancel their actions: boolprop controlpets true, boolprop petactioncanceltrue, boolprop controlpets true. According to the cheat site I saw, you have to put in the second boolprop controlpets true to get the ability to cancel actions of pets.
Test Subject
#18338 Old Yesterday at 9:06 PM
Quote:
The neighborhood you linked is a Open For Business subhood. You only need to make the objects.package read only, and you will be able to put the subhood in the Open for Business Neighborhood Template folder.

Thank you, I got it working, now.
Mad Poster
#18339 Old Today at 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sims2much
Do witches ever appear on Vacation Lots?

I've never seen one, no. I think the vacation subhoods are a little different than the other subhoods you can attach to a main neighborhood, in that there's no cross-over. You don't see vacation 'hood tourists/locals wandering around your main neighborhood or its subhoods, and you don't see folks from your main/subhoods in the vacation neighborhoods.

Mad Poster
#18340 Old Today at 12:32 AM
Actually after removing all townies but the BV ones, they did start showing up at my owned businesses. I guess because the game only had them and playables to draw from. I had to ban them.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18341 Old Today at 12:50 AM
Quote:
This is the cheat combination to control pets and cancel their actions: boolprop controlpets true, boolprop petactioncanceltrue, boolprop controlpets true. According to the cheat site I saw, you have to put in the second boolprop controlpets true to get the ability to cancel actions of pets.

That's not true. I get the cancel action fine without retyping the first cheat in.

Also, don't forget the space: boolprop petactioncancel true.
Page 734 of 734

Section jump