Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Site-wide announcements:

Inside every sane person there's a madman struggling to get out.
Replies: 19909 (Who?), Viewed: 1113783 times.
Page 797 of 797
Mad Poster
#19901 Old Yesterday at 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
Does anyone know a solution to doors not closing? I'm working on a small apartment lot, and the 3 square big bathroom is proving a pain because the door refuses to close after a Sim goes in there. While I'm totally okay with arches instead of doors, I imagine downloaders may feel different. The bathroom is shower, door, toilet. I assume that's why the door won't close again.

Do you have a light near it? Move the light to be as far away from the door as you can.

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19902 Old Yesterday at 12:48 AM
I did at first, but then I changed it to a wall-lamp over the toilet. Still stays open.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Mad Poster
#19903 Old Yesterday at 12:56 AM
Did you also change to a new door?

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19904 Old Yesterday at 1:18 AM
I did, yes. I've used a new copy between each try, so first I tried a fresh lot and switching the light. When that didn't work, I tried a new copy and a new door. Didn't work. Then I thought it might be the shower, as I had to use moveobjects to place it, but different shower didn't work either.

Inventor
#19905 Old Yesterday at 6:45 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : Yesterday at 8:33 AM.
The door will stay open if a Sim uses the toilet in the 3-square layout you describe (because I think the Sim never completely leaves the square in front of the door), but I'm thinking it should close when they're in the shower because they're completely off the square in front of the door.
If there's no ceiling light keeping the door open I don't know what the problem might be. Post a screenshot.

Putting a toilet next to a door like that is one of my pet peeves that I see all the time in uploaded Lots, especially when it could have been put in another place in the bathroom. I know that's not the case in your 3-tile bathroom, I'm just sayin'.

Edit: Everything's on grid?

“It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold; when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.” ― Charles Dickens
Forum Resident
#19906 Old Yesterday at 4:50 PM
Can I please get an honest opinion on this recolor that I made (curtains)? I think it looks a little too busy? What if i made the embroidery a little less conspicuous?

Mad Poster
#19907 Old Yesterday at 4:58 PM
You want the creator feedback forum

Mad Poster
#19908 Old Yesterday at 4:59 PM
Go to the top of the page, to the Create tag, choose Creator Forums/Creator Feedback/Sims 2, and post the same question and picture there. You'll get actual practical advice there from experienced and helpful people.

Personally, as a user, I would want more contrast with the brocade, not less.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#19909 Old Yesterday at 5:04 PM
Thank you guys!
Instructor
#19910 Old Yesterday at 9:23 PM
Vienna, I like it the way it is. The embroidery is not "too much" as it's the same colour
Page 797 of 797

Section jump