Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

secgarthe

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Replies: 21280 (Who?), Viewed: 1145692 times.
Page 852 of 852
Mad Poster
#21276 Old Today at 1:33 PM Last edited by gummilutt : Today at 2:04 PM.
Jo, killing Sims does not fix anything when we're talking corruption. If we're talking buggy as in may behave weird, then sure, not using the Sim means you don't see the buggy. I've read it causes corruption, but my google-fu is off today and I can't find any source on what actually happens.

EDIT: Forgot to reply to original question. @Sims2Christain Yes, the problem is leftover data from the original Sims. Like I said above, I've read that this causes corruption, but I can't find any info on if it's the same kind of corruption as when deleting Sims. But they definitely have a big tendency to glitch, so whether corrupting or not, one should always clone extracted Sims in Bodyshop before using them.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Mad Poster
#21277 Old Today at 2:13 PM
If she hasn't placed them from CAS into the family bin then she has corrupted nothing. As to the sims if they are just buggy or cause corruption I don't know. Killing them should stop it getting worse I should think. But if it's corrupted then it's corrupted and keeping them alive won't help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#21278 Old Today at 3:49 PM
I don't believe that's true jo. Inhabited houses in the bin do not cause corruption unless placed, because they are in no way tied to the hood while binned. But the family bin is different, Sims placed there are still connected to the hood, character files have been created. Which is why you'd corrupt your hood deleting Sims you just got out of CAS. So if they are created, the corrupted data is attached to the hood, and damage is done. How bad the damage, I don't know.

As I recall it explained by Mootilda back in the day, corrupted data cause damage by "floating around" and attaching itself to other things, and just making a mess of things. Killing Sims adds a dead token to their inventory, that's it. The data is still there, it'll still be referenced by all the same references, and the same thing happens. Perhaps it happens slightly less often when the Sims aren't played, I don't know. But killing them does not remove any corruption.

Like I said, I can't find any information on what kind of corruption we are talking about with uncloned Sims. The term is used rather freely, it could be corrupted as in not working correctly, rather than corrupted as in will eat your hood.

Mad Poster
#21279 Old Today at 5:43 PM
Sorry to double-post, but I have a question. One of the default replacements with pregnancy morphs for maxis meshes has an absurdly large stomach for third trimester, and it happens to be one of my favorite outfits for pregnant Sims. The second trimester morph is fine. Does anyone know if it would be possible to replace third with second, without Milkshape?

Alchemist
#21280 Old Today at 5:55 PM
Pretty sure you need Milkshape, since the morphs need comments and proper names to work.
Mad Poster
#21281 Old Today at 6:01 PM
I figured I probably would. Oh well, it was worth a shot. I guess I'll just have to not let them wear it while they are in third trimester I've tried to look for a different replacement with morphs added, but I guess nobody bothered since it the mystical one did them all.

Page 852 of 852