Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

iCad

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Replies: 19477 (Who?), Viewed: 1102759 times.
Page 780 of 780
Forum Resident
#19476 Old Today at 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha_kathy
Can a family in the main hood invite a young adult who goes to university over for a visit? And the other way around, can a young adult invite over a friend (teenager or adult) to his dorm?

Yep . Lilith Pleasant is a young adult in my game and she often gets invited to family gatherings, and invites her Grandparents to her sorority regularly.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#19477 Old Today at 10:31 PM
Yes, that's not a problem at all. They can visit freely; but a YA invited to move in from the main hood will grow up to adult and be unable to return to school (without mods).

Siletka, wiping bad memories is much better than keeping them!

To spawn a tombstone, Bigsimsfan, you will need a teleporter cat and the testingcheats. Use the teleporter to summon the dead sim; make him selectable with the game paused (he'll fade away again almost instantly); and click (Shift click? I keep forgetting) him to get a pie menu. The one you want is Item/Spawn tombstone or something like that. Sometimes it takes two tries.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#19478 Old Today at 10:34 PM
I never noticed that Lot terrain took on the climate color of the hood. I just never looked too closely and usually also paint the entirety of my Lot, which covers the default color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy kemnitzer
It's not that the lots are transparent: there is a lot texture in the neighborhood terrain files, and in the game it's made to match the neighborhood terrain (though the lighting is different, which is why it doesn't look quite the same).

I thought I did notice some unusual lighting effects when put a desert Lot into a temperate hood. Will have to look at this further.

Quote:
When I made my own neighborhood terrain, I thought it would be clever to make the lot texture different. Years on, it doesn't look so clever. I have it set up so the "lot canvas" (which is the neighborhood texture that you see from the lot) is dry yellow grass such as we have here in California eight or nine months of the year, while the lot texture is bare dirt (as you'd see in a construction site). I keep meaning to edit the "lot canvas" because my attempt to make it not so monochrome ends up looking like it has green and brown measles, and I'm kind of bored with the lot texture too.

That's a cool-looking town, Lucy, definitely Californa-ish. I like the way it looks in hood view and I don't see anything wrong with this Lot view either.

“It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.” ― Charles Dickens
Page 780 of 780

Section jump