Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 17988 (Who?), Viewed: 1062287 times.
Page 720 of 720
Lab Assistant
#17976 Old Yesterday at 5:07 PM
Is it just me, or does the restorable car need an unreasonable amount of painting to be fixed?

Reticulating Ninja Splines
Scholar
#17977 Old Yesterday at 5:13 PM
You should know, that if the paint job on your car isn't done right, the car won't start...

Je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Alchemist
#17978 Old Yesterday at 5:28 PM
The higher your "Mechanical Skill" is the faster the repair will go.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#17979 Old Yesterday at 7:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marka93
The higher your "Mechanical Skill" is the faster the repair will go.

The Sim in question has full Mechnical and (I think) full Creativity as well...It took Mary Gavigan every waking moment from the time she conceived her second-born until a few days into childhood.

Reticulating Ninja Splines
Field Researcher
#17980 Old Yesterday at 7:14 PM
Seems like my questions were missed

1) What are cuhairrocker_black/red/blond/brown_clone?
I found them in SimPE whilst unlocking the hidden clothes in skins.package for OFB

2) What is CASIE_embodyshorts_browntiki? (and what seems like 100000000s of other CASIEs)

3) How/what do I change something in SimPE to make sure a Neighbourhood Object is allowed on the road?

Haven't touched any of the above yet bc I have no idea and that's why I'm posting

Avoiding corruption | Who can corrupt my game?
Help with your Object Errors | Sims 2 Official Site Archive
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde | #JoinUs at Eurovision Wiki
Theorist
#17981 Old Yesterday at 7:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbaby160
Ok...long before I really knew any better, I was attempting to do a challenge where a female sim would kill off other sims & everytime she did, she'd have a baby with the Grim Reaper (using the sim blender; NOT making him playable). I now understand this to be something of a poor gamble on whether it is hood-corrupting. I know that when the baby is born it basically is just given face template 1
How bad is this for the game? Has there been loads of people who have had hoods suffer a BFBVFS in correlation to doing this?

I don't think "borrowing" his genes does anything bad - but it's sort of pointless, as you just get that template and random personality. I thought the Bad Things were only caused if you made him PLAYABLE, even for a moment.

ignorance is not stupididity
Instructor
#17982 Old Yesterday at 8:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankritty
Seems like my questions were missed

1) What are cuhairrocker_black/red/blond/brown_clone?
I found them in SimPE whilst unlocking the hidden clothes in skins.package for OFB

2) What is CASIE_embodyshorts_browntiki? (and what seems like 100000000s of other CASIEs)

3) How/what do I change something in SimPE to make sure a Neighbourhood Object is allowed on the road?

Haven't touched any of the above yet bc I have no idea and that's why I'm posting

I have no idea about any of those things, but because my names Cassie whenever I quickly skim through the thread I keep presuming you're shouting at me, buuuuut I know there's something you can download that lets you place a neighbourhood object anywhere, if that helps: http://modthesims.info/d/265020 I noticed in the description it has a bit about 'technical info' that might be useful to you.
I don't know anything else though because I've never used SimPE.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#17983 Old Yesterday at 8:45 PM
CASIE_ is probably just a prefix with some special meaning to the Sims team. My guess is that CAS stands for Create A Sim, and the IE has some other meaning. Perhaps it's for items visible in CAS, since some items are hidden. I don't know, but I assume that there might be some or another connection between them. Most of them are recolors for hair or clothes.

For the "cuhairrocker" - unless it's an actual, visible hair, I'm assuming it's just yet another unfinished, hidden item in the mess of what turned out to be the game files. There are lots of resporce files that weren't used for anything, and a lot have been salvaged by players, probably a few GBs worth of it.
Scholar
#17984 Old Today at 2:48 AM
2 silly questions.
Looking for more information on a wiki i ran into..:"Sims created in Create a Sim will have homogeneous genes, unless they were created with "Make a Child". Sims generated by the game, such as replacement townies and generated adoptees also have homogeneous genes. Pre-made townies and NPCs may or may not have homogeneous genes, and often have visible characteristics, such as hair color, that is different from their genetics."

1- Someone can tell me what homogeneous genes means exactly, in terms of..Simmies?

2- Tell me adoptees aren't made using the adopting parent's genes?

Space Pony
#17985 Old Today at 3:16 AM
I guess it means that their recessive gene is the same as dominant? Example, a sim created in cas will have recessive and dominant brown hair
Theorist
#17986 Old Today at 3:23 AM
Homogeneous genes does mean that a CAS Sim's dominant and recessive DNA will be the same. If a Sim is made in CAS with Blonde hair and light blue eyes, both the dominant and recessive DNA will be for blond hair and light blue eyes.

Depending on the genes of the parents, a born in game Sim can have black hair and brown eyes as dominant, and blonde hair and green eyes as recessive.
Mad Poster
#17987 Old Today at 3:25 AM
I have always understood adoption toddlers, if not from playables taken by the social worker, to be generated randomly.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17988 Old Today at 3:26 AM
You can give CAS sims recessives by making parents, using the have a baby button, turn them into an adult and delete the parents.

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#17989 Old Today at 3:38 AM
Thank you all.
Quick & efficient!
Now that I am aware of this, I could edit my CAS sims I previously made, to give them different recessives genes..interesting.

Page 720 of 720

Section jump