Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 11:00 PM
To Eccentricgnat:
I get my skins and such from: http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/
Thank you very much. I forgot the exact name of the skin used, but I'm sure you'll fine something even better. You have to be a member to download. ;D

To Ciane:
Unfortunately I was unable to teach the tots, except for William, to use the potty. They grew up before I had the chance. I was thinking of using the “aging off” cheat to give me some more time so that Luke can build some relationship with the other toddlers. I figured training them would be the best way to start him off. Since the mother left and hasn’t come by to visit at all and such, they lost good relations and she is no longer a family friend. During this time I wanted the toddlers to identify him as a father and not just a brother - in a sense. In the end, I chose not to use the cheat again and let them grow into children. The update of the children, Luke, and their progress will be up shortly. Thanks for the compliment. :3
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 2:00 AM
eccentricgnat: honestly i failed the first time. I tried playing and got behind on the tot's needs....and it went ALL to heck. so i didn't save and exited the house. I didn't save at all. I look at it as starting over not reloading.

and addict12: wow. how did u manage to do all that? any tips or stuff?
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 5:00 AM Last edited by addict12 : 23rd Jun 2009 at 8:59 PM.
To Demonofsarila:
Well...the sim you have to pay close attention to is the Teen. Making sure he's well enough and on task to take care of the tots. So, use sim modder on the teen during emergencies. Next, make tons of family friends. Since he goes to school (sometimes on time) and would he bring home a friend. I eventually made best friends with that sim and invite them over from time to time. They would help take care of the toddlers and such. Another thing, when things get out of control, you might have to use max motives on the tot of choice, usually the one who needs it the most (I recommend only during emergencies, such as when a toddler is suffering from extremely low stats, that you use sim modder on that particular tot. ‘Til then, only use it on the Teen, keeping mainly his Fun, Rest, sometimes Hunger, and Hygiene up). Of course during school hours, a nanny really helps. I had one that followed a schedule and another that I hired using the “Just for now” option. Thus, there will be two nannies to care for the six tots and not just one. Then, since I get low on cash, I have the teen work as a DJ. You would have to hire a nanny in order to leave the home lot (I would hate to leave my babies alone anyway). I also have him paint a lot and maxed out the important skills first, which is cooking, mechanical, cleaning, and creativity (Since he‘s a DJ and has to sometimes paint to get extra spending money). I’m not sure if it was against the rules to hire a nanny when going to work or something. Next, I stay ahead of their needs and used toys to distract them; tending to one tot at a time - sometimes two. Last, ctrl+shift+c, and set “aging off”. This buys time to train them and build relationship. In my case, I got lazy when it came to potty training and only taught one to use the potty. Lawl!

But, they are children now and can take care of themselves mostly. However make sure their fun and social is high. I do that by having them watch TV together and other family activates. Taking them out on weekends, having them play with each other at home, helping with homework, making sure they make friends of their own at parties, etc.
Test Subject
#29 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 1:05 AM
Yay!!
K I'm SOO Gonna try this challenge I'm starting the family right now
Forum Resident
#30 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 4:27 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Feb 2014 at 9:26 PM.
Default Raising Sextuplets Challenge (updated web)
Raising Sextuplets Challenge – I’m sure it’s been done many different ways before, but here’s my slant.

Create a male and female Sim and their 6 toddlers in CAS. (active sims get up easier and can run to a spot - neat sims can shower rather than bathe - playful sims will get rewarded for just tickling or being tickled - family Sims will get reward points just training and playing with the babes.)
Move them unto the smallest lot you have. (recommendation: start with two large rooms & a bath)
Without using any cheats or hacks, raise the toddlers through their teen years. (I won't consider buying and selling back items cheating as long as they don't sell back for more than they cost.)
(Not everyone has university, so this challenge ends when the teenagers grow up.)

For each child:
Talking x 50
Walking x 50
Potty Training x 50
*Change* Encouraging a skill point x10 the number of points gained or lost. (I had changed this on the web and forgot to change it here.) This allows you to get points for encouraging seriousness, etc.

Growing Up in Platinum x 50, in gold x 25, in green x10, in red 0
Taught Homework skills x 25
A+ memory (once per child) x 50
Private School x 50
Skill level x 10 (10 points for the first point in a skill, PLUS 20 for the second, etc.)
For example, 6 points in body = 60 + 50 + 40 + 30 + 20 + 10 (210 points)
Friends (not best friends) x 10
Best friends x 50
First Kiss x 50
Top in career field x 50

Include the parents points as well.

Consider it fun – the first to submit or break the high score will receive a prize (painting, recolor, lot) of their choice of something I have made or will make.

Here's some hints for getting started. ***I added more in depth game play strategy.

And more hints when you are ready for the headmaster's visit.

and mimimal hints if you don't want to read all the others.

Recolored toddler clothes ready for upload here:
everyday
pajamas

Here's the pictures (Astroke) I have made for those who accept the challenge:

LIGHT version: For those who find the challenge too frustrating, play it with the toddler blankets where the toddlers can put themselves to bed. Your entries will be in a different category than those playing the HARD CORE version. This also includes buyable smart milk.
#31 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 10:24 AM
lol i tried this... and quit... it's insane!
#32 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 10:28 AM
pffffft i may try this, ive had 15 kids on a lot once, this should be easy mwahahaha

will report back later captain
Forum Resident
#33 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 3:40 PM
Default Strategy
FireAzor - you don't have to get all the toddlers trained in everything. I just keep up with the potty training, so they can eventually use the potty by themselves. (Potties don't need to be empty for a trained toddler to use it!) Smart milk helps tremendously. Try to get enough reward points to get the smartmilk and give it to the little ones when they are hungry enough to drink most of it and need to go to the potty right away. Often, they are potty trained as you put them on the potty again before going to bed. If not, they are when you put them on the potty upon awakening. Also, a three room house is all you need to start out, so the little ones play and cry in a different room than they sleep in. I have just a frig and a counter in the kitchen and feed them jello all the time - no prep time needed and it doesn't go bad for 24 hours.
It is a challenge - getting all the toddlers to bed with enough snuggle and tickle time to keep their social up - and so the parents get enough sleep time as well. But I really like the challenge of it! I also make the parents family Sims so the parents are often happy just tickling the babes. (I use the slap hands interaction for fun with the parents if the tickling isn't enough.) I say hello to the neighbors so they can be called later, but I don't spend time working on the relationship while the little ones are toddlers. If you make neat sims, a shower is quicker than a bath. And I do spend extra money to get at least a 6 energy bed. You might get just a single bed and rotate the parents sleep time. I never get them to full energy, just enough to keep them going. Once the kids are children, and can get up and go to bed and school, life just gets so much easier. Keep the bottles picked up, or your Sims will waste time complaining about the environment. If I think of more hints, I'll add them.

This method worked for me:
If the parents are family oriented, they usually want a bookcase so they can learn cooking and cleaning. Get them a bookcase and their wants will spin; they will want a tub/shower, toilet, and frig. (Sometimes all 3 don't drop in together. Get one they both want and the others should drop in.) After getting those things, they may want a double bed, crib, high chair, or changing table. (I find the high chair and changing table unnecessary, but you may buy those items so they can get the reward points.) Now, at least one parent should want to train a toddler in something. Potty training will take forever, so pick the walk or talk option right away. Sometimes they want simple things like tickle or snuggle first. (I usually avoid reading as that takes longer.) By the time one parent has taught a toddler a skill, you should be able to get the smart milk (which has only 5 bottles).

And here's the way I played it:
The parent who isn't training a toddler to walk or talk should put all the others on a potty, tickling and snuggling as each one is picked up to fulfill wants for both toddler and parent and increase both social and fun. After potty training, get them all a regular bottle. (Smart milk is still a ways off and your parents will still be in green for a while.) The toddlers should be playing some skill building toy while waiting for bottles and potty time. By the time all the bottles are finished, you should potty train them all again. Even if the one toddler gets trained and your parent goes platinum, wait until you get the toddlers up from their naps to give them smart milk. If they are deep yellow bladder, they will be trained the first time on the potty. Then you only need watch the one who isn't trained. (Potty trained tykes can use a potty repeatedly without needing to empty it each time.)

You still have baths and bottles and putting them to bed and getting them up again, so it is always a challenge; but I breathe a sigh of relief when the potty training is accomplished. (Once the other parent trains a toddler to walk or talk, you can get more smart milk. I give it to the toddlers one or two at a time and teach them to walk and talk before moving on to another toddler.)

This is just my strategy. It worked for me, so it could work for you.
#34 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 3:49 PM
i have made my family and im all set for later when my lil girl is in bed
Forum Resident
#35 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 3:56 PM
Yeah - I'll get some great toddler type pictures ready for both of you just for being the first to attempt and accept the challenge.

Okay, I spent the day recoloring. If you go to my webpage and click on the Eunick family picture (top right), you'll see the toddler clothers I recolored today. I'll upload those and send you a link. Hope you can use them.
#36 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 8:45 AM
well, i thought this would be easy when its anything but, my mother kept crying and was all red on her bars, the father was screaming, the toddlers all wanted baths at the same time. its a nightmare, but now see, the toddler years ( days ) are over, and my sextuplets are children now, and theyre all lovely, so far so good, they cant get into private school cos theyre house isnt nice enough yet

heres a pic of them all and mummy is pregnant again

Test Subject
#37 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 10:09 AM
I decided to give it a try. I'm currently making my family... I'll post back later.

Edit:

John and Catherine Riley have 5 girls, 1 boy: Ava, Claire, Elise, Kate, Tyler, and Violet. Ava in pink, Claire in yellow, Elise in green, Kate in blue, Tyler in orange, and Violet in purple.
Forum Resident
#38 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 3:22 PM
Default headmaster success
It is a great family... Here's some hints for getting into private school:

To get into private school, have $1,500. Buy a nice outdoor fountain or sculpture. After showing the outdoors (standing next to the deco and a tree/shrubs/plants) and getting your 10-15 points, sell it back and buy a nice painting. Show the headmaster the room with the light on, right next to the painting. Get your 10-15 points, then move the painting to the next room (or sell it back and get another nice painting) and show that room. You only need show 2 or 3 rooms inside to max your tour points (40-45 usually). Buy the buffet and serve. (Stop the interaction just after the turkey is visible.) Have a sim get a plate, but stop the interaction as soon as they get it to the table. (So the headmaster has a plate.) Then invite the headmaster to eat. You should have enough points to get into private school when done eating. If not, just schmooze a bit (hopefully with an outgoing sim that has some charisma points). You can get anyone into private school on the first day. (Of course, some sims can cook a turkey or salmon dinner.) Note: Even a small bath can get good points with a nice painting.

Good luck...
Also, I've made more toddler recolors and will get them up for downloads later today. I'll get the pictures on my webpage in the next few hours.
Instructor
#39 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ciane
Hint for private school - Have 15,000. Buy a nice outdoor fountain or sculpture. After showing the outdoors (standing next to the nice deco) and getting your 10-15 points, sell it back and buy a nice painting. Show the headmaster the room with the light on, right next to the painting. Get your 10-15 points, then move the painting to the next room (or sell it back and get another nice painting) and show that room. You only need show 2 or 3 rooms inside to max your tour points (40-45 usually). Buy the buffet and serve. (I stop the interaction just after the turkey is visible, so no other choices are possible.) Have a sim get a plate, but the stop the interaction as soon as they get it to the table. Then invite the headmaster to eat. (You should have enough points to get into private school by the time he's done eating.) If not, just smooze a bit (hopefully with a sim that has some charisma points). I use this method for sims just starting out and can get the Brokes into private school on the first day. (Of course, Brandi can cook a turkey dinner.) Even a small bath can get good points with a nice painting.

I wish someone had given me the tip about the decor when I was putting my Legacy Generation 2 through private school!

The tip about the buffet helps when you have sims that can't cook, but as far as I can tell a salmon dinner works perfectly well, too.

Sims that have high Outgoing scores and lower Charisma are often better at schmoozing than sims with high Charisma and low Outgoing. The best result is from a sim with high Outgoing AND high Charisma. I know this-- my Legacy family had to be champion schmoozers to get around the poor tour scores.

I might try this Sextuplets Challenge later, it's a much shorter-term challenge than the Legacy challenge (which is driving me insane)!
Forum Resident
#40 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 4:34 PM
Good to know about the outgoing value. I hadn't noticed that. I've added the headmaster tips to my web now, and I edited the note to include your info.

And yes, if your sims can cook, the salmon or lobster (if you don't worry about burning it) are just as good, or better, as the turkey choice.

Mookie, your Mom's pregnant again? :err: At least it won't be so many babes.
#41 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 5:03 PM
ill try that later on to get them in private school

i am enjying this one after the initial toddler hell, be warned proxian girl, your parent sims will get lowwwwwwww but it gets better
#42 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by proxian_girl
I wish someone had given me the tip about the decor when I was putting my Legacy Generation 2 through private school!

The tip about the buffet helps when you have sims that can't cook, but as far as I can tell a salmon dinner works perfectly well, too.

Sims that have high Outgoing scores and lower Charisma are often better at schmoozing than sims with high Charisma and low Outgoing. The best result is from a sim with high Outgoing AND high Charisma. I know this-- my Legacy family had to be champion schmoozers to get around the poor tour scores.

I might try this Sextuplets Challenge later, it's a much shorter-term challenge than the Legacy challenge (which is driving me insane)!

My legacy heiress G4 just got rejected from private school for a 5th time.. And I can't even imagine what am I doing wrong because her house is fine. It will be really sad if she won't get into that school because she's only one day away from adulthood and I still want to send her too college because she has got 9 scholarships and she most likely will grew up badly otherwise 'cause she's a knowledge sim (in an aspiration failure now!) :einstein
Back on topic, I was looking for sextuplets challenge rules last week but since I coudn't find them I just made my own using rules of other similar challenges. I'll add some pics of my Sixer family once I get to my other pc.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 10:04 PM
The rules & points for all learning & friends are in the first post and on my web. Basically, no cheats or hacks. Make your family and move them on a lot. Challenge ends when the toddlers are no longer teens.

I submitted my upload to MTS2 for the everyday outfits, so if you're interested, they should be available for upload in a few days.
Test Subject
#44 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 10:59 PM
Hey wait.... I have a question. When you say move them into a small lot, does that include a pre-built house on a 2x3 lot? Or should I start again on an empty lot? That's no problem if I should...
Forum Resident
#45 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 11:14 PM
You can use a pre-built one. You don't have to build the lot yourself.
Test Subject
#46 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 2:03 AM
That's a relief... I have no architectural talent.

Also, I have a hint, if it's okay that I post it...

Put the parent's room and the bathroom upstairs. Then the toddlers can't play in the toilet, and won't wake the parents up by crying when they're trying to sleep, they'll be playing downstairs.
#47 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 12:55 PM
i wish id thought of moving the bathroom upstairs because my little horrors went toilet crazy with their splashing about.

i built my house cos they only had 20,000 and bought them a 2,900 simoleon lot, they had just the basics at first but are getting better slowly.

tip get a nanny, she will clean and watch the kids then your parents can work ( unless like mine the mum gets fired for me choosing a wrong thing in the qquestions then she gets pregnant.)
#48 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 5:41 PM
Hmmm I mite try this I actually just made a CAS family with 6 toddlers but I already started making there house. Maybe I'll just move umm out and use a cheat to give them only the 20,000 again.
Forum Resident
#49 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 3:37 PM
That would be great Brooklyn!

I uploaded the everyday outfits I recolored using the Pets bodyshop, and I have redone them with legacy bodyshop. When MTS2 is back on-line, and I get to it, I'll update my thread and get a link here.
#50 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 6:29 PM
So basically I tried and got like 50 points before I went boinkers! I was so angry at the nanny then she stole some chairs because I couldnt pay her. The kids where going nuts crying every where then I decided that I couldn't take it anylonger and cheated :banned: . Oh well I did try the mom got 1 skill of cooking and a chrisy got a walking skill and another I believe got the potty skill and then someothers got skills from charisma and creative from sitting in there nursery being ignored because my sims were passing out and stuffing there faces in the fridge because they were starrved! I must admit it was horible. And I tried to take a pic of my family to show everyone and some how one of the little tots disapeared never to be seen again so I didn't save and I couldn't remember when I had saved last. I might try again but here is the pic.

Page 2 of 12