Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 334 (Who?), Viewed: 128613 times.
Page 14 of 14
Field Researcher
#326 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 4:18 AM
SneakyWingPhoenix I like the idea of opening up the services when a Sim has maxed out the relevant skill. Definitely adopting that one!
#327 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 1:23 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 30th Dec 2016 at 1:51 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAlien
SneakyWingPhoenix I like the idea of opening up the services when a Sim has maxed out the relevant skill. Definitely adopting that one!

You're welcome. Incorporating my whole challenge is quite a pain, because of the whole all-objects-unlock-when-establish-store deal. Guess I'll be playing Icad's original for a while.

Here's my progress in Veronaville.
Instructor
#328 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 11:51 PM
Started this a while ago as a break from my Pleasantview Challenge. It's going quite well so far, but I'm slightly concerned about how to reach the 50.000.

So I'd just like to know; all you people who have actually finished this thing or are close to the end. How many Sims did/do you have and how large is your multiplier? And how did you get the muliplier high enough? Just building massive amounts of community lots? Opening multiple Business Districts?
Test Subject
#329 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 12:57 PM
Do any of you have rewards when they reach the top of any careers? As i want there to be a point for them to be in a career like there is a point to having a business and being in the business career, I know some unlock other careers once someone has topped it, Im just looking for ways to make each household different
Lab Assistant
#330 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 2:44 PM
Has anyone found a BACC version that does NOT require sim-owned businesses? For me, playing them are a pain and I hate the tediousness of it all. Requiring sim-owned businesses to do this challenge is the reason I can never complete it. It gets so boring so fast. I would come up with my own version, except I have not been able to do so. I am not as creative as so many of you are. Any ideas anyone?

No chemicals or GMOs in my sims' food.
Test Subject
#331 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 6:34 PM
I mostly use iCad's rules linked in the first post, with several of my own additional tweaks.

Those rules do heavily involve businesses, and like you, I generally dislike playing them. But here's the thing: most of those rules only require you to have businesses, not play them.

In my 'hood I have one rank 10 business. All of the others are 0 or 1. It's vitally important to play one business to rank 5, because that opens the Business career which is required for business districts and expansion. At some point, I will also need to actually play a dance studio to open the Dance career.

That's it though. Most businesses in my game are set up, played once or twice, and then ignored forever. This is not without consequence however. If someone owns a business (and I only allow one business per household), they cannot also have a job.

This, combined with my aversion to playing businesses, and the fact that sims still have to pay taxes on their businesses as well as their homes, means that business owners are often among the poorest sims in my 'hood.
Test Subject
#332 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 11:30 AM
Just thought I'd add my additional rules/clarifications =) There's a bunch, and they're mostly for my own sanity, but may be of use to other people. Note; I am using Monique's computers for loan purposes.

Open For Business:
1) Using Cyjon's 'Donate Lot' feature, a Sim may donate their player owned business back to the community if they:
- Have reached Level 10 for said Business
- Are of retirement age (Elder)
Donating the lot to the community does not give more CAS points. It simply lowers your POB count and raises your Community Business count by 1. Lots cannot be sold to the community under any circumstances (the community is too small for that!) The main purpose of this is relieving you of the responsibility of keeping up with every business you've ever established.
2) If the lot is not Donated, it still cannot be sold, and MUST be given to another sim before the death of the current owner.
3) Optionally, if the business is a home business subtract either 1 Household or 1 Business from the total count. Just to make things slightly harder if you like more challenge.

Bon Voyage:
1) In order to gain a vacation destination, there must be a business district available AND one Sim at the ninth level of the Adventurer Career. (That means, altogether, 5 businesses, 1 Business Tycoon, and 1 International Sim of Mystery for every 1 Vacation Destination. Which also means that there must be a Museum in order to even unlock the Adventurer Career) Once a vacation destination is unlocked in this method, all of the lots are available for use. Optional: No CAS or Multiplier points are awarded for Vacation Destinations.
2) Bigfoot DOES count towards Population.
3) Preferably, Vacation Houses should only be bought outright. However, if the sim has a high enough paying job they may consider getting a loan.
4) Campgrounds may only be used by families with under 15,000 Simoleons.

Apartment Life:
1) One Apartment building is available for every 10,000 population. This includes duplexes, townhomes, trailer parks, and even small communities. Basically, anything that counts as Apartments to the game is an Apartment building. Each Apartment Lot is worth 1 building towards Architecture, regardless of how many there are, but each family on the lot DOES count as a separate Household.
2) A Sim may become a Witch/Warlock at any time so long as they do not currently have a Fear of doing so. There are no other restrictions for Witches EXCEPT that if they have crafted the Throne of their corresponding Alignment, they must maintain that Alignment. If they slip into Neutral they must immediately begin working back to the Throne's Alignment, and if they slip to the opposite Alignment they must IMMEDIATELY buy or make the potion to cure them of their Witchiness.
3) Sims may only rent an apartment furnished if they have more than 50,000 Simoleons at the time of moving in. This is to mirror real life, where included furniture is often added to the rent.
4) Before Nannies are available, it is perfectly acceptable to ask neighbours to babysit. After Nannies are made available, this should be used sparingly if at all.

Mansion & Garden Stuff:
1) Solar Panels and Windmills may only be owned by households with:
- NO Debt
- One sim at job level 6 or above for each Panel/Mill
- Full Furnishings (if you don't have every room furnished and decorated, you can't have a panel/mill.)

Weddings!! At first I paid no mind to it, but now that I have the Wedding Planner career by lientebollemeis of this site, I decided to add some rules specifically for them.
1) In order to become a Wedding Planner, there MUST be a community Wedding Lot in the neighborhood.
2) One Wedding Planner position opens for every 3 formal weddings in the neighborhood. That means the full wedding party with the arches! They do not have to take place on the community wedding lot, but that lot still has to exist.
3) Once a vacation destination has been made available, the marrying couples MUST go on a formal vacation Honeymoon. Therefore, it's recommended to have proper funds available beforehand.
4) It is still allowed to have normal, non-formal weddings. These are good for poor families and for when you're lazy. But these weddings do NOT count towards the Wedding Planner career, AND these sims are not allowed to go on a vacation Honeymoon.
5) Optional: Only the Bride can wear a White Dress. This depends on your wedding's theme, of course. It also forces some sims to go on a shopping trip for appropriate dresses! Just something fun to do.

Extra:
1) Dead Sims count towards the population because I'm lazy and didn't feel like doing it any other way, and couldn't find an official rule about it.
2) The YOUNGEST child of every family must stay with the Parents and stay in the home. Older children may move out if they choose to.
3) Sims can only become Vampires or Werewolves if they have a current want to do so. They can never be cured.
4) When a child becomes a Teen you may not change the turn ons/offs for them. For a bit of random fun!
5) To be honest, I've never HAD a Plantsim, so there are no rules for them. Whoops! If that changes in the future I may edit this post.
6) Loans should be paid off as soon as possible, and before the sim dies. I personally have not working sims writing tons of Novels for this purpose.
7) Rod Humble's computer can be used or sold or even just kept in an inventory.
8) There can only be ONE Space Pirate at a time. Cyjon's job stopinator is good for this challenge in general, due to restrictions such as one Mayor and one General.
9) For EVEN MORE FUN (read: extra craziness) I also use twojeff's Triplets & Quads adjuster over on Simbology. I have the odds set as: 1% Quad, 3% Triplet, 10% Twins. I've been playing with these numbers, though, since I keep having triplets! Since I haven't unlocked Nannies yet... this gets pretty crazy. I've even had a set of Quadruplet Aliens born!
10) Finally, College Donations! Taxes are a hassle, so instead I abandoned them and I added a page to the spreadsheet. Three columns, 'Family' 'Amount' 'Total.' Using Monique's computer I donate money, then on the spreadsheet I note which family donated how much, and then the 'Total' column adds them all up [=SUM(C4:C22)] and I don't have to do any additional work. I'm up to 360,100 Simoleons this way!

Current Population is 76. I think I'm doing pretty good =) I've been playing for a couple weeks now, but I don't put down a lot of Sim Run businesses. I only put one up if I feel like the particular owning sim would realistically be able to run that sort of business. I've had a Grocer and a Clothing store- both donated to community- and currently have a Bar & Bowling spot owned by the Dawson family! This leads to slow growth, but more of a challenge and not too much crazy. I HAVE earned a Business district, but haven't added it just yet (waiting until the end of this play cycle) so I guess technically I have more than that but =P Well, we'll see after today.
Test Subject
#333 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 4:46 PM
Sound good idea but which Neighborhood map will be suitable or better for this Challenge,
If anyone reply to me with a good neighborhood then thanks cause I want to try it
Mad Poster
#334 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 5:16 PM
Almost any map with a reasonable number of roads would do. Make a few decisions, like - do you want the settlement to be spread out, or concentrated? Should it be desert, lush, or dirt? Do you want beach lots? How flat is flat enough? What's the general backstory - is this pristine wilderness, a new planet, a post-apocalyptic setup? Once you have a rough idea of what you want, scroll through the SC4 terrains in your game and available for upload - we have a number of lovely ones right here on MTS - and you'll know when you see it.

This one here is a delight to work with, for example: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=582244

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#335 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 8:27 PM
I'm always willing to tweak rules to suit my situation, while trying to keep in the spirit of things. (For example - I might not have an EP, I'm having technical issues somewhere, or I might want to run a challenge within the larger challenge.) If something is just not fun, I try to find a way to make it more so, while keeping with the general theme of things.
Page 14 of 14