Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Site-wide announcements:

Inside every sane person there's a madman struggling to get out.
Replies: 210 (Who?), Viewed: 81598 times.
Page 9 of 9
Test Subject
#201 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 2:54 PM
Everybody My Sims Wont Wake Up
Heeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppp
Test Subject
#202 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 8:53 AM
I'm starting a new one of these. My old one had some issues. I had it pretty well contained, but the hood probably would have imploded eventually. Anyway, my computer did so first.

Now, after far more trouble than it should have been, I have the Sims 2 up and running on my new laptop, and I have begun Treebank 2.0.

This time around I've decided not to even hook my founder up with anyone. The second generation will all be aliens.
Alchemist
#203 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 6:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxxichospital
Everybody My Sims Wont Wake Up
Heeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppp

I just noticed this post. So why did people disagree? It happens if something is too close to the bed for them to get up. Like a pet

Sister Pat of the convent of perpetual FAIL
Alchemist
DELETED POST
15th Mar 2015 at 4:15 PM
This message has been deleted by grammapat. Reason: this was the wrong thread
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 7:13 PM
This looks sooo hard and so long, but funny as hell !
I will try this soon (and maybe translate it into french to be able to look quickly at the rules I will forgot in the beginning, because that will happen)
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 2:47 AM
Sorry for the double post, but, if someone is playing this challenge, it could help : as I am translating the rules into french, I noticed the Military base rules and it says :

"Now, I realize that you will have townies wandering around the base where only military personnel should be. As far as I know, this cannot be avoided."

I just found this : http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=17.0

I am testing it on my neighborhood and it works just fine ! No townies allowed on community lots once you place the right Lady Hates Townies painting on the lot. Do that on every community lots of your military base, and it will just be perfect. And, on each round you play a household on the military base, just don't forget to click on your active Sim and ban townies. Then you can play the challenge in peace
Field Researcher
#206 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 2:36 AM
I have a question- I am playing with these rules-
http://boolprop.prophpbb.com/topic36.html
and do you guys think it would be okay for my Sims to get the hacked coat hook to be able to fix any ugly townies' appearances 'till I get a clothing store (because my Founder is going to own a grocery store so that's not an option for that family and I don't want to have to wait to get clothes..).
Lab Assistant
#207 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 3:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpal425
I have a question- I am playing with these rules-
http://boolprop.prophpbb.com/topic36.html
and do you guys think it would be okay for my Sims to get the hacked coat hook to be able to fix any ugly townies' appearances 'till I get a clothing store (because my Founder is going to own a grocery store so that's not an option for that family and I don't want to have to wait to get clothes..).

I really think you play the rules you want. I personnally never use hacks even when it's allowed, just because I like difficulties, and real challenges. I only use hacks when I don't have any other choices but using it if I really want to follow the rules.
But this is a challenge, so having ugly townies at the beggining is a part of it, don't you think ?
Field Researcher
#208 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 3:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmathyx
I really think you play the rules you want. I personnally never use hacks even when it's allowed, just because I like difficulties, and real challenges. I only use hacks when I don't have any other choices but using it if I really want to follow the rules.
But this is a challenge, so having ugly townies at the beggining is a part of it, don't you think ?

Well, I'm playing that version because it's like the simple rules, just has a few more difficulties. It's just I can't stand the sight of most townies, especially when it's this challenge because my founder, who's a farmer, fell for La Shawn Cameron- a common townie except she wears future/gamer geek clothes. Like, really?!
Lab Assistant
#209 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 4:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpal425
Well, I'm playing that version because it's like the simple rules, just has a few more difficulties. It's just I can't stand the sight of most townies, especially when it's this challenge because my founder, who's a farmer, fell for La Shawn Cameron- a common townie except she wears future/gamer geek clothes. Like, really?!

I know what you mean ! maybe you can use this as an opportunity to create a unexpected story in your challenge ! Like "the two lovers that had nothing in common", it can be a good base to a strange relationship, like : your founder is all the time criticizing his partner, causing strife, but love is stronger than anything (or conversely, it continues in divorce with a good excuse to finish in stepfamilies: to found several households, it's interesting too) :D
Field Researcher
#210 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 7:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmathyx
I know what you mean ! maybe you can use this as an opportunity to create a unexpected story in your challenge ! Like "the two lovers that had nothing in common", it can be a good base to a strange relationship, like : your founder is all the time criticizing his partner, causing strife, but love is stronger than anything (or conversely, it continues in divorce with a good excuse to finish in stepfamilies: to found several households, it's interesting too) :D

Or maybe SimPE Sim Surgery would do the trick?
Instructor
#211 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 9:53 AM
I am playing by the original rules, and while I WANT my sims to keep their ugly/inappropriate clothes until there is somewhere they can buy new ones, I think you should totally use the hacked coat.
Challenges are supposed to be fun and interesting for the player, and it's not like it's breaking a challenge rule. Like say letting the founder have a job in an unlocked career.
Page 9 of 9

Section jump