Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Bob Ross Paint-Along Night - posted on 4th Sep 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 330 (Who?), Viewed: 125342 times.
Page 14 of 14
Field Researcher
#326 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 3:18 AM
SneakyWingPhoenix I like the idea of opening up the services when a Sim has maxed out the relevant skill. Definitely adopting that one!
Forum Resident
#327 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 12:23 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 30th Dec 2016 at 12:51 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAlien
SneakyWingPhoenix I like the idea of opening up the services when a Sim has maxed out the relevant skill. Definitely adopting that one!

You're welcome. Incorporating my whole challenge is quite a pain, because of the whole all-objects-unlock-when-establish-store deal. Guess I'll be playing Icad's original for a while.

Here's my progress in Veronaville.
Field Researcher
#328 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 10:51 PM
Started this a while ago as a break from my Pleasantview Challenge. It's going quite well so far, but I'm slightly concerned about how to reach the 50.000.

So I'd just like to know; all you people who have actually finished this thing or are close to the end. How many Sims did/do you have and how large is your multiplier? And how did you get the muliplier high enough? Just building massive amounts of community lots? Opening multiple Business Districts?
Test Subject
#329 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 11:57 AM
Do any of you have rewards when they reach the top of any careers? As i want there to be a point for them to be in a career like there is a point to having a business and being in the business career, I know some unlock other careers once someone has topped it, Im just looking for ways to make each household different
Lab Assistant
#330 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 1:44 PM
Has anyone found a BACC version that does NOT require sim-owned businesses? For me, playing them are a pain and I hate the tediousness of it all. Requiring sim-owned businesses to do this challenge is the reason I can never complete it. It gets so boring so fast. I would come up with my own version, except I have not been able to do so. I am not as creative as so many of you are. Any ideas anyone?

No chemicals or GMOs in my sims' food.
Test Subject
#331 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 5:34 PM
I mostly use iCad's rules linked in the first post, with several of my own additional tweaks.

Those rules do heavily involve businesses, and like you, I generally dislike playing them. But here's the thing: most of those rules only require you to have businesses, not play them.

In my 'hood I have one rank 10 business. All of the others are 0 or 1. It's vitally important to play one business to rank 5, because that opens the Business career which is required for business districts and expansion. At some point, I will also need to actually play a dance studio to open the Dance career.

That's it though. Most businesses in my game are set up, played once or twice, and then ignored forever. This is not without consequence however. If someone owns a business (and I only allow one business per household), they cannot also have a job.

This, combined with my aversion to playing businesses, and the fact that sims still have to pay taxes on their businesses as well as their homes, means that business owners are often among the poorest sims in my 'hood.
Page 14 of 14