Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 10:57 PM
in sims2 when you get new comp it has sims3 on it and music is from sims1....gave me nostalgia...
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 3:08 PM
I do like it... Hopefully it doesn't start irritating me like the ts2 songs did after hearing them over and over again for years. :P
Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 3:44 PM
I quite like it. But I'll still have the music turned off most of the time so I can listen to cds/radio/ipod
#29 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 9:13 PM
I like how the music evolves in every part. It really became mature over these years. The Target samples are great too, I'm looking forward to hearing it in game.
#30 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 1:33 AM
I really like the theme-song. It sounds like old film-music, and I love the part with the bouzouki-sounding instruments, a bit greek. Inspiring.
#31 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 6:57 PM
It's "interesting" but not what I was expecting. lol There were 1 or 2 I *really* liked. And a few that gave me Sims 1 nostalgia.
Theorist
#32 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 4:53 AM
The Sims 3 soundtrack can be listened to here: http://ea.com/music/the-official-sims-3-soundtrack

Personally I think the music is okay, the only ones that really stand out for me so far are the main theme, Amazing Facsimile, Conusumerism Simplified, and Versimilitude. The radio station music doesn't seem to be there though, I'll probably like a lot of that music.
Test Subject
#33 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brook_Lynn_Marie
Oh i loved build mode music in Sims 1 ! It was actually in Sims 2 as "shopping music" ha ha I used to have my sims listen to it on their radios at home.

The new music seems ok once I start playing the game I'll figure out if I really like it our not.

Actually, that was buy mode, not build mode, that appears on the shopping station.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 11:38 PM
Some of it sound like '50s ad music or Muzak. It seems a little too pop for my taste but it's not unbearable. I love some of the dance/beat/salse music in Sims 2.
#35 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 11:56 PM
I like it. It may be a little on the over-happy side, but hey, it's The Sims, not the latest First Person Shooter. It fits. There's also quite a few references to the previous games.

I'm surprised at the technical quality of the music. It sounds so crisp compared to Sims 2. I suspect most of the tracks are actually orchestrated, not a midi approximation, but real instruments. I think the the only other game I've seen with music this crisp is Super Mario Galaxy. And well, getting compared to that game, especially its music, is a huge compliment in my book.
#36 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 7:43 AM
Haha, happy & light.
personally better then the sims 2.
Forum Resident
#37 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 8:16 AM
I like it more than the TS2 stuff, but we'll see how long I like it for once the game is out

The music can get very annoying, but I tend to just ignore it so it won't bother me too much either way.
#38 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 4:01 PM
I'm going to have to lower the volume on that one! :eviltongu
#39 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 10:35 AM
Ooh, I really like the music. Quite catchy and easy to listen to. I very much enjoy the absence of those horrible synthesised noises that where in the sims 2 soundtrack...
This music reminds me heaps of Desperate Housewives. Very suburban paradise-y (yeah, that's a word now).
Very well written and played.
Page 2 of 2