Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 22 (Who?), Viewed: 7956 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 6:59 PM
Sims 3 Relationships(Family & other)
Alright!You know how couples don't have specific Interactions like a kiss on the cheek?Or how parents don't cook with kids?Even sim friends fall in love over silly things!!!What improvments in relationships would you like to see?The above are the ones I want. :confused: I beleive everyone wants improvments,so why not talk about relationships?

I'm so cute and cuddly!yays!
Advertisement
#2 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 7:13 PM
Here are some
1)Sims give each other a goodnight kiss in bed.They peck then they go to sleep.They can also give their sons and daugters kisses goodnight in bed.
2)Sims kiss their spouses cheek if you want them too.
3)Sims that cuddle on the sofa stay that way till their motives run low.I don't like how the suddley start hugging and eskimo kissing.I think that should be an interaction on it's own.
4)Sims should be able to do romantic interactions in pools.
5)Sims should be able to walk and hold hands as well as kiss all at the same time.They should also be able to do the same things with their arms wrapped around each other.
6)Sims can walk and hold hands with their kids even walking them to school.
7)Sim couples should be able to share a kiss at the table when their sitting in front of each other.
8)A suprising consolable cry were the sims friend,lover or spouse suprises her with a kiss.If their friends with a high enough relationship they fall in love.
9)Continue with romantic interactions in cars,hottubs etc and add new places like boats.
10)The Great Kisser personality should allow sims to kiss for a very long time preferly makeout.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 7:20 PM
Yes,yes,yes!!!I'm loving your ideas!Anyone else?

I'm so cute and cuddly!yays!
#4 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 9:41 PM
I have another one.They should bring back the spin the bottle game from the sims 2 ps2 version.Up to 4 sims could play and whoever the bottle pointed to that sim had to kiss the sim that spun it.The kiss depended on relationship.If they were aquaintence or friends it was a peck and if they were in love a makeout.It didn't cause jelousy either between married sims unless it was a makeout.Also the sim had to kiss the sim that spun the bottle even if they were the same sex.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 1:16 PM
I love all those ideas! I wish they would make family relationships more realistic. In sims 2, brothers and sisters would act exactly as 2 best friends would, except for the "family kiss" option - that was the only difference!
I want to see interactions only available between certain family members, for example a brother and sister could squabble and fight like they often do, and mother and child could bond by reading bed time stories. I also think it would be great if more distant relatives recognised eachother as family. I'm pretty sure in sims 2, a sim would not recognise his brother-in-law, or his cousin, or step-sister as being actual family.

Call me Kay please :)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 7:06 AM
Yeah its crazy how TS2 doesn't recognize your half cousins, half-uncles, etc.

Also if a kid was taken away from the social worker, they should still be related to their original parents and not suffer from amenisa if another family adopts them.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradThe2nd

Also if a kid was taken away from the social worker, they should still be related to their original parents and not suffer from amenisa if another family adopts them.

I agree with that, it'd be awesome if when an adopted kid grew up they had the option to contact their birth parents if they wantedto, like some adopted kids do IRL.

#8 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 5:22 AM
Another thing is in CAS you should be able to make a sim and tie him to another.Example I may decide to make a brother for one of my sims that's been in the neighborhood a while.Then when I put this brother in the neighborhood they'd be related.I hope this happens in the sims 3.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkloverplayer
Another thing is in CAS you should be able to make a sim and tie him to another.Example I may decide to make a brother for one of my sims that's been in the neighborhood a while.Then when I put this brother in the neighborhood they'd be related.I hope this happens in the sims 3.

You read my mind sharklover. I hate how in the sims 2 that you can't create family members after the fact where they would be recognized by another relative whether it be a brother ,sister, mother, etc. Hopefully we will get that option in the sims 3.
#10 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 11:35 PM
All the ideas you guys came up with are so great! I'd love to have all of them in the game!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 5:04 PM
Something I've been yearning for since day one has been interactions that suit relationships. Siblings do not share the same relationships that spouses do, and yet some of the same interactions are avaliable to both. I think that specific interactions should be included to suit the relationship- for example, brothers could be able to slug one another playfully, and sisters could be able to gossip. These interactions would be exclusive and able to performed only by certain relationships that befit them. General interactions, such as talking, could have specific body language based on the relationship of the parties involved. It's a lot to ask for and it's probably too late in the game, but I can keep hoping.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#12 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 10:18 PM
I've got one.If you have a hopeless romantic sim with 15 lovers who decides to settle down with one marriage partner and change her trait to family oriented she should be able to easily breakup with all her lovers and just marry the one she wants to spend the rest of her life with.

With the sims 2 Sims that are dating someone and marry another their still in love with all the sims their dating.I want that to change in the sims 3.

Right now if I have a female sim that is dating 15 male and or female sims and she meets the one she wants to spend the rest of her life with I have to have her call all 15 lovers over to her house and makeout with her husband in front of them causing them to fall out of love with her and her with them.There is really no way to breakup with young adult and adult couples as the breakup option is only available for married couples or teens going steady.I would want this to be a relaxed breakup.

Also I want the hearts to disappear with the ones she no longer loves anymore and also the chemistry lightning bolts.

Another thing I want to see in the sims 3 is lesbian kisses fixed.When lesbians kiss in the sims 2 their lips don't meet most of the time especially when they makeout,peck and romatically kiss.Gay male sims don't have this problem just female sims.
#13 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 12:32 AM
I would like an easier way for Sims to break up, as well. Though you can potentially have your Sim fight with their partner/lover for hours on end to lower their relationship before breaking up, the easiest way is to have one of them see the other cheating... and most of the time (or often, at least) I'd rather it not have to end that way. A simple 'tell person x the relationship isn't working out' option would be nice.
#14 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 4:12 AM
I've said this before but sims should be able to ask other sims if their married or have kids.They should also be able to ask sims if their dating or seeing anyone or in a relationship with anyone.Also just for kicks sims should ask other sims if they would like to have an affair.It would spice up the game a little.

I also think sims should be able to say I love you and the other sim shoud be able to reply back and say I love you too.I said this in another thread but thought I'd mention it here since it's relevant.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 12:43 PM
I think they are bringing a whole "Exes" option into TS3, so that you can break up with someone and then your sim recognises that person as their "ex". I'm sure I saw that somewhere. . .

#16 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 5:26 AM
Hopefully since there is ex's in this game that means a relaxed breakup will be included and I mean sims could break up when their daily and life is 100.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 6:34 AM
I would love for child sims to be able to crawl into thier parents bed and sleep wiht them if they are scared. (Like of the dark or something.) I would find that so adorable and very realistic somehow.
#18 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 2:27 PM
I want a special slow dance that can be done by just best friends and wouldn't cause them to fall in love.The classic dance in apartment life was originally suppose to work like that but it causes sims to fall in love unless their children.

I also hope they have a slow dance for couples.The one for best friends would be more like the classic dance.This one would allow sims to dance very close and put their head on the other shoulder.

Also little things like giving gifts,toasting etc.I hope they made it back.I don't want to have to wait for a dating ep to enjoy these little things again.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 2:50 PM
I think they should be able to give birthday gifts too. Regarding the falling in love during dance, I heard that now it is a lot more challenging to get two sims to fall in love, because now it will not be just by getting them to do friendly interactions. They mentioned something about the way sims talk, like romantic speaking or something.

View my other downloads on MTS

www.mintrubbing.org
#20 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 2:54 PM
Yes your sim can change his or her voice to flirty.
#21 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 3:57 PM
Default Things to add
I would love to be able to give wrapped gifts for any occassion -- birthday, Christmas, anniversary, or just because.

I would also like to choose from an assortment of maternity clothes for all clothing from everyday to outerwear.

And if they add cars, I would like the option to show cars or not in the neighborhood. That way, if you make a tight, little community where everything is in walking distance, you won't have cars going through your neighborhood -- even on the load screen.

I also womdered why they didn't make the CAS for uni available for the neighborhood so you could create more than one family per household.

I would also like the option of creating teens who live with friends, extended relatives (uncles, cousins, etc.) and grandparents. And to create children with elderly parents.

Another thing I would like is the ability to delete maxis content by choice. That way, you can keep furniture you like and don't bother with the time it takes to upload the stuff you never use.

The upload time is my greatest pet peeve with this game. I was glad they took my suggestion and added a tab to go to other screens from the house or apartment instead of loading the neighborhood.

I would like to see, when you click on the neighborhood, a choice. You can enter the neighborhood or choose a family (listed like they are on the apartments) to play. That way, you cut the upload time a little more.

And I would like to see more compatible graphics cards. More stylish clothes. Some sexier underthings. Better hair styles. And more hair color options. (Like strawberry blonde and ginger and auburn with matching eyebrows instead of just red.)

I don't want just historical items and clothing. I would like neighborhoods with historical vehicles and roads in the neighborhood so you don't have to mix time periods when playing Sims through the ages.

I would also like to have the ability to move Sims to other neighborhoods without losing their relationships. It happens when they go to college. Why can't they move out of town or half way across the country? And if they call a friend to visit, that friend visits for a few days instead of a few hours.

And I want real horses. Ones that snort and move. Ones you pet and ride (even if it doesn't show the ride like when you walk your dog). Add grooming your horse (and hire a stable hand if you'd like) and horse shows.

And have a realistic number of puppies. Large dogs have 6-8 pups. Small dogs have 3-4. That way, you can be a pet breeder at home if you choose.

I would also like to see another age group. No one ages from adult to old person. They need to add a middle age. When pregnancy can happen but the chances are smaller. No stooping over. Hair is slightly greyed (but you can choose to dye hair in the shower to remove grey -- should also work with elders), it's more difficult to lose weight, they don't eat as much, they get tired a little quicker (can you tell I'm now middle aged? LOL), the eyes are slightly duller, and they get aches and pains when exercising unless fit.

I would like sleepers for the babies, no pink outfits for male toddlers, no social worker takes away the children if one child is stupid enough to drown or freeze to death (that's not the parents' fault unless they locked the kid into the pool or out in the yard in winter), pacifiers and teethers for toddlers with the need to suck and chew, more baby toys and interactions, and an added skill -- writing. As they write, they can choose creative or non-fiction. Creative writing will give a higher skill for speaking in relationships while non-fiction will make the person increase in logic. Both will increase in knowlege.

I would also like to see graphics jobs and internet jobs at home available. And homeschooling as an option. With the choice of testing required or not (because some states require it and others don't). And if homeschooling, add a co-op option where you can teach a group of homeschoolers or you can all go on an outing together.

And more dances. Some traditional, ethnic dances for groups. (Great for a reception.)

Longer wedding ceremony -- with the walk down the isle, bridesmaids, and groomsmen. With a preacher or JP -- your choice as well as choice of sex of the individual marrying you.

I want hair on my sim's bodies. Shoe choices. Black and blonde parents having brown haired children, harnesses for the dogs as well as collars, dog walkers you can hire, cooks you can hire, and the choice of hiring a live-in worker like Alice on the Brady Bunch (ones I don't have to control but I can tell them when to cook and what to cook just like in real life).

I want to be able to choose those I hire. Choose random or see a list of thumbnails. Click on the pic, and see personality traits and skills.

I also want the ability to legally change the last name. Adopted Sims should have the choice of changing their last name. And I want BLUE, ATTRACTIVE aliens! They can have aliens from more than one planet.

I like the jewelry option. And I would like to see a lot more jewelry in that bin. With the option of purchasing binned jewelry for gifts.

I miss the candy and roses from Sim1 and wish that would come back. And I would also like the option of giving clothing as gifts.

Another option is choices in NPC clothing. And better names for townies and NPCs.

To make load time quicker, why can't they compress the neighborhoods? Then, the one you click on is the one that decompresses? Instead of everything loading all at the same time?

I would also like to see more antique items. Phones, coffee pots, toys, etc. And more Celtic themes -- not just kilts but also decorations, kaleighs (Celtic parties) with traditional games), instruments like bagpipes and bodhrans and flutes, etc., etc.

I would like to delete the music I don't like instead of just unchecking it. Why wait for things to load that you don't like?

I'm sure there's more -- if I think about it. But these are changes I would definitely like to see. It would be nice if we didn't have to wait while all the custom content was being made (for those of us who don't have time to make it ourselves -- or the ability).
#22 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 5:35 PM
Candy and roses ha.I didn't know that was in the sims 1.I'd like to see sims be able to give that in the sims 3.Great idea.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 12:38 AM
I want teen or child sims to be able to live with their adult siblings or guardians without being related to the sim. I wanted to make a few friends of mine, who are brothers who live together (over 26) who take care of their much younger (13) brother. But I couldn't have the younger brother without a parent and had to make one of the brothers his uncle! It was frustrating.

Section jump