Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 9:50 PM
Default How about an Equine Expansion?
I really would love to see an expansion for Sims 3 dealing with horses (Of various breeds and types), miniature horses, ponies, mules, burros, and other hoofed mammals. It would be awesome for horse lovers who own horses or those who love horses but unfortunately cannot own one, like myself.

-Sims can either board their horse at a stable for a fee, or own a stable and board not only their own horses, but other horses as well. Fees for boarding and training other people's horses.

- Sims can own horses (Of various breeds and types), miniature horses, ponies, mules, burros, maybe zebras?, and other hoofed mammals. They can groom and take care of them. Brush them, wash them, feed them, water them, pet them, give them treats (Apples, carrots, sugar cubes), muck out stalls, and even breed them. Sell horses to other sims.

-Sims are able to ride and train them. Break them if they are wild. They will also be able to compete in competitions such as dressing, cross country, barrel racing, jumping, western, etc.

Anyone else would like an expansion with horses?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 10:19 PM
It is a nice idea, buuut, I think its a smidge too minimal in "thickness"; I don't think there is enough stuff relating to Equine for it to be made into an EP.
Its kinda like NL, It wasn't *just* about Downtown, it had CARS and Vampires and new socials etc.
Its the same with any EP, wheras EQ ( ) would be a more "fixed" subject [IMO]

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
#3 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 10:29 PM
A more detailed Pets expansion pack with all those things would be okay, but just an expansion pack for horses? I doubt it would sell. If people really wanted to play a horse game, they would buy Horsez or something like that.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 10:51 PM
If they make miniature horses that adults sims can ride and have their feet scraping the ground while doing so then I think an EP dedicated to horses might be worth having.
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 1:41 AM
I do not see how they could add horses to the pet ep. You would have to be required to add a stable or barn to the side of your house. Unless they have premade stables that you can just buy or something.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 2:02 AM
Adding a stable could be much the same as adding a garage.
Except, I'm not sure where they would draw the line between pets and objects.

For instance, would they treat it as a dog/cat type thing?
Or as an item, such as the womrat or bird?

potterhead
call me bria
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 3:57 AM
There could be an "Animals" EP to be the remake of Pets plus the idea of other animals like horses and what not, which can also include a farming system, horseback riding as a new skill, etc. But I agree that JUST a horse EP would not fly. It's too minimal. However, a farm EP would be more ideal and even better because it can include all sorts of farm animals plus a farming system. For farmers, milk can be cheaper as an example and therefore you don't have to go to the grocery store to buy milk. I say this because now in Sims 3 it is required to go to the grocery store or at least shop for groceries in order to use the fridge since we have the new recipe system. I guess to make it more realistic. And with this idea of an EP can indeed come with a country theme along with new music, furniture, clothes, etc. Even new jobs!
Instructor
#8 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 3:17 PM
I like the idea of an ANIMALS expansion... but at the same time there would have to be a LOT of work put into that.... just thinking of all the animals out there that could be included... I would keep my fingers crossed for tigers LOL!

Maybe this time if we (meaning all the people who want to see another ep dedicated to animals, cause I know some of the simmers didn't care for pets at all) lean on EA enough we'll see at LEAST a Farming EP that includes farm animals (and cats, dogs, and womrats too)! :P
#9 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 10:00 PM
I think if they add a farm expansion and added a werewolf with it or a dragon that would swoop down and eat the cows or for a person to turn wolf and steal chicken and it with the wolf someone can turn werewolf and steal chickens. And it will also have horses stables new furniture maybe and other cool stuff.
#10 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 12:27 AM
It would be really cool (seeing as I'm a horse lover), but I can't see it happening :-/

Think about the EPs for Sims 2...everybody goes on vacations from time to time (BV), everyone has hobbies (FT), everyone goes out on dates and whatnot (NL). I just don't think that there's a big enough demographic of people that would buy a horse expansion.

I do think that an Animals expansion with dogs, cats, rodents, reptiles, and horses would be really neat though. Especially if it was a lot more detailed than Pets. I was very disappointed in that EP.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 5:21 AM
I, too, was disappointed in Pets because not only did I want such an EP for having pets, there were hardly any pets to begin with. They could have at least added more birds and added reptiles, etc. Even Unleased EP for Sims 1 had more pets choices than Pets EP.

Yeah, a Zoo EP would be fun, I always thought of one. I'm sure it would be a rabbit hole if we did have a Zoo. It would be a huge lot and it would lag our game to the extreme.
#12 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 6:33 AM
I wouldn't mind having horses so sims could ride them.I do hope the next pets ep will include a zoo thou.
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 11:00 AM
A zoo EP would be awesome. As long as someone makes a hack where my Sim can ride the giraffes. Haha.
Instructor
#14 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 5:40 PM
I just want an ep where you can have any kind of pets that we, as humans, can have ourselves.

Dogs, cats, ferrets, birds, rabbits... MONKIES.

You know.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 6:26 PM
Provided that it's possible in the game. I just doubt we'll ever see an elephant.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 6:44 PM
Elephant maybe not, but a blue whale is possible!
#17 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xzkiskazx2
I think if they add a farm expansion and added a werewolf with it or a dragon that would swoop down and eat the cows or for a person to turn wolf and steal chicken and it with the wolf someone can turn werewolf and steal chickens. And it will also have horses stables new furniture maybe and other cool stuff.

Sounds awesome. Chickens for everyone! I would love a farm EP. Would make interesting for my living off the land sims. Make a change from fish and aubergines.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 10:15 PM
Honestly, I don't see the big deal about having a horse EP. Its too much of a diminutive EP to make. Having horses, and that's it. What about new socials, new places to go, building and buy mode objects/sets. I think they should just stick to making a Pets EP, with dogs and cats. But open up the tree, so we can have fish, and lizards, more birds, etc.

Sims3King
Lots, photography, and machinima...
Coming soon

The star maker says, "It ain't so bad"
The dream maker's gonna make you mad;
The spaceman says, "Everybody look down!
Its all in your mind!"
Field Researcher
#19 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 10:56 PM
I absolutely love horses, and would definately buy an Equine EP.

Unfortunately, other people do not feel the same way as us horse lovers, so I don't think the EP would sell very well.

A farm EP would be an excellent idea though, because this gives tons more opportunities such as growing and selling crops, and other animal products such as milk, cheese, and eggs.
Instructor
#20 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 11:37 PM
Orrrr instead of horses...

LLAMAS! y/y?
#21 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
There could be an "Animals" EP

Yeah exactly.
EA claim to be listening to the community so we really need to push this idea under their noses
Original Poster
#22 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims3king
Honestly, I don't see the big deal about having a horse EP. Its too much of a diminutive EP to make. Having horses, and that's it.

It would not have to be just horses. There are a lot of other hoofed mammals that could be include like minature horses, ponies, mules, zebras, llamas, alpacas, maybe even a few rarer hoofed mammals like the Zonka (Zebra + Donkey).

There could also perhaps be horse races, perhaps?
Mad Poster
#23 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kusama
Elephant maybe not, but a blue whale is possible!

Actually, in some of the info, maybe in the creator's camp info, it did say something about seeing whales in the ocean but more like the shadows or something like that to where it looks like they exist but they really don't. I forget but I remember reading that. I wish I remembered where it was.
#24 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 7:22 PM
That does sound very cool! I would deffinatly buy it....my friends self-sim could own horses like she does in real life. But I do agree it would have to be a broader 'Animals'. I would lurve to see wolves and all kinds of wild dogs....maybe acutally 'feral' dogs that act wild, and 'feral' cats too, so the sims could feed them or acutally tame them!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Actually, in some of the info, maybe in the creator's camp info, it did say something about seeing whales in the ocean but more like the shadows or something like that to where it looks like they exist but they really don't. I forget but I remember reading that. I wish I remembered where it was.

Really? I was only kidding...
But if so, I guess those whales would be like ones in SC4.
Page 1 of 2