Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 5:19 PM
Default Pregnancy in the Sims 3
If the families around you will get married and have kids without you interacting with them; do you think that on the house you are actively running, risky Woohoo might be built into the game? I would like it to. After having been burned in the past I refuse to download any mods for my game but I have always felt it would be nice to have a 10-25% chance of a pregnancy resulting from woohoo without my chars actively trying to seek it out. It adds to the realism in my opinion
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 8:46 PM
I personally don't want my sims to be able to accidentally get pregnant. I have them on very strict birth control - if woohoo was always "risky", my sims would never get to have any fun!

;O)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 9:08 PM
Even the most potent methods of birth control aren't foolproof. There's got to be an element of risk with protected WooHoo, even if it's something like 0.1%. Perhaps Sims would be able to choose the type of birth control, with different odds of pregnancy for each one, but that's doubtful because it would just be too controversial.

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miao
Even the most potent methods of birth control aren't foolproof. There's got to be an element of risk with protected WooHoo, even if it's something like 0.1%. Perhaps Sims would be able to choose the type of birth control, with different odds of pregnancy for each one, but that's doubtful because it would just be too controversial.

I'm okay with a little less realism in the game. For example, it would be more realistic if there was a chance of catching WTDs (Woohoo-ily Transmitted Diseases) from Woohoo, but I don't necessarily want them in the game.

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 4:30 AM
I've always wondered...with pregnancy in the sims 3, would they still just swing around...and wal-la? A baby?

...hmm. x3
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 9:29 AM
Oh I hope they improve the birth animations. It needs big improvement!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 11:02 AM
I'd love to see a midwife/husband (for the pc brigade) NPC. She/He could swoop in as the pains start, put an entonox mask on the sims face, then erect some kind of screen around them both as we hear simlish words for 'PUSH!' and lots of wailing.
Maybe an option could pop up to ask if the partner would like to cut the baby's cord, at which point they could also disappear behind the screen (this would be an important memory for family sims, creating strong bonds between child and parent), then the screen drops and we see the new mother/father holding baby as the midwife/husband wipes their brow.

After you have chosen a name, the midwife NPC could then tell you how much the new baby weighs, present you with a birth certificate, and then leave you to get to know the new addition.

I'd also like the option of 'send out birth announcements' on the computer, or phone. It would be nice to see family members and grandparents showing up to see the new infant.

Don't want much do I?
Instructor
#8 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 11:13 AM
Haha the midwife/husband idea sounds hilarious. I can imagine it now.
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 11:49 AM
I think that as soon as the labour starts an ambulance should pull up, take lil miss pregnant [or mr!] and then drop them back of the next day with their new lil baby!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 11:57 AM
Wow that pregnancy procedure is well though out, I like that idea with the screen though.
Alternatively, they could use their predicted rabbit warren lots and make it so that the pregnant sim has to get a taxi or drive to a hospital and just come out with a baby after a few hours.
#11 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kadien
I'd love to see a midwife/husband (for the pc brigade) NPC. She/He could swoop in as the pains start, put an entonox mask on the sims face, then erect some kind of screen around them both as we hear simlish words for 'PUSH!' and lots of wailing.
Maybe an option could pop up to ask if the partner would like to cut the baby's cord, at which point they could also disappear behind the screen (this would be an important memory for family sims, creating strong bonds between child and parent), then the screen drops and we see the new mother/father holding baby as the midwife/husband wipes their brow.

After you have chosen a name, the midwife NPC could then tell you how much the new baby weighs, present you with a birth certificate, and then leave you to get to know the new addition.

I'd also like the option of 'send out birth announcements' on the computer, or phone. It would be nice to see family members and grandparents showing up to see the new infant.

Don't want much do I?

Thats a great idea!!
Alchemist
#12 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 2:11 PM
Ugh I do not want realistic birth animations, thank you very much And unless the rating for the game goes from teen to NC 17 or more, which I doubt, we won't be getting them. Risky Woohoo, there is a slight chance. But definitely no abortions, or STDs.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 2:58 PM
I don't care what they do to change the animations, so long as they leave birth at home (where it belongs) and don't force drugs on all sims...maybe just give them the option. :-D
Instructor
#14 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thejarviclan
I don't care what they do to change the animations, so long as they leave birth at home (where it belongs) and don't force drugs on all sims...maybe just give them the option. :-D

What about if the "drugs" were like the bubble machine in Sims 2? lol. Completely harmless, just lifts their mood...
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 3:14 PM
I think its stupid that they'd get a NC-17 rating for something like realistic birth. What are we teaching our children!?

Then again it would be kinda weird watching your sims give birth soo yeahh. I like the idea of hauling them off to the hospital
Alchemist
#16 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 3:21 PM
The same thing can be said for "woohoo", which is a fairly unrealistic view of how sex works, but it is a game after all.

Personally I have no desire to listen to my sims wail in agony flat on their back while some Komei-jawed NPC screams Push in simlish, even behind a screen. A sims 2 style birth with just minimal graphic-ness and a cute animation is just fine.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Mad Poster
#17 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
The same thing can be said for "woohoo", which is a fairly unrealistic view of how sex works, but it is a game after all.

Personally I have no desire to listen to my sims wail in agony flat on their back while some Komei-jawed NPC screams Push in simlish, even behind a screen. A sims 2 style birth with just minimal graphic-ness and a cute animation is just fine.

Knowing maxis we might get some tinkering sounds instead of a sim in agony.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 4:57 AM
Ugh I do not want realistic birth animations, thank you very much And unless the rating for the game goes from teen to NC 17 or more, which I doubt, we won't be getting them. Risky Woohoo, there is a slight chance. But definitely no abortions, or STDs.

me neither. Besides this game is shipped to many countries. Quite a few countries use midwives and birth at home instead of a hospital. I've had all three of my kids at home (well the last one will be coming soon!) so I'd hate for my simmies to be rushed off to the hospital. I like the birth animations as it is now. I just hope they add the ability to breastfed with this one though somehow I doubt it. Oh well.
Scholar
#19 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 7:03 AM

LOL @ Komei-jawed NPC

I agree about not having realistic births. I mean, imagine clicking on the placenta and telling your sims to clean it up (or leaving it for the flies). Or putting it back in the fridge as left-overs!!!

Dreamwidth Blog
Instructor
#20 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 7:10 AM
Robokitty that's just really gross

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
#21 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 1:21 PM
I like the hospital idea and the riskier woohoo as well. As for if you wound up with an unwanted pregnancy you should also have the ability to have your sim place it up for adoption.
Test Subject
#22 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 2:32 PM
wow...i've been gone for too long...hello everybody!!!
and i agree the birth animation is just fine. :P
Scholar
#23 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cassieandra
Robokitty that's just really gross

I know, but imagine the new recipes! Placenta tartare, placenta lasagna, placenta meat loaf... the list goes on and on.

There are plenty of other "gross" real pregnancy things that I'll be pretty glad if they left out of the game, like breaking water and urination during labor.

I would like there to be a hospital, but largely I'd like the baby's delivery to be a "rabbit hole."

Dreamwidth Blog
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 12:55 AM
I think it would be cool if the labouring sim had to go to hospital & there's a chance of caesarean.
Or I think that the sim should have a choice about where to birth, like at home, or hospital. Oh & the waters should break just ike irl.
Scholar
#25 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 4:31 PM
Yes I would like some kind of hazard in pregnancy conclusion. For player choices : go to hospital or at home and with a chance to have the baby too early (at home or in the car to the hospital). :p
Page 1 of 7