Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 82 (Who?), Viewed: 21415 times.
Page 2 of 4
Field Researcher
#26 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 8:22 PM
Yes, exactly! And with them breaking stuff ... there's no point.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#27 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 9:12 PM
The Sims 3 Store will be the only way to get new stuff because modding TS3 will be really more limited.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 10:21 PM
As previously stated, with TS3, getting outside content *new meshes, mostly* will be an extremely tough thing to do, unless some amazing game hacker comes out with a tool, or EA does themselves, we're pretty much stuck with the EA items. Now, with The Sims 3 Store, it would be the best to get some stuff, and now that I have a little extra cash in my pocket from my recent job that I had, I might consider buying from there, if the prices aren't so high, and demanding. I do plan with using only EA created content from now on, I really have no other choice. :P

With the sites that have them for free, well its illegal, but so is download from any other paysite *technically*, that is, if you pay for the items, as those sites aren't allowed to do so. Its strange how EA hasn't filed some sort of lawsuit against them.

Also, on the Collector's Edition for TS3, there is a 10$ coupon for The Sims 3 Store.

Sims3King
Lots, photography, and machinima...
Coming soon

The star maker says, "It ain't so bad"
The dream maker's gonna make you mad;
The spaceman says, "Everybody look down!
Its all in your mind!"
#29 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 4:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sims3king
Also, on the Collector's Edition for TS3, there is a 10$ coupon for The Sims 3 Store.

Who's offering the coupon? Because I pre-ordered the CE from GameStop and that wasn't listed as a bonus there.
#30 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 3:59 AM
The TS2 store wasn't put there with the thought in mind to sell people entire stuff packs. It was for people who didn't want to buy a whole stuff pack but wanted a few of the items. Take the Glamour Stuff Pack for example. My personal taste is that most of the stuff in that pack is hideous (no offense to those who like it, that's just my taste). Yet there are two or three items in there I absolutely love. So, instead of spending the $20 or whatever it was to buy the stuff pack and end up with a lot of garbage I would never use, I could spend $3 to download just those meshes I wanted.
#31 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 1:44 AM
I'd never, ever, ever buy anything extra for my games other than EPs. Even SPs to me are a waste of money. I just don't have that kind of money to waste. I envy those who do, though!
#32 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 1:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_French_Sim
I've never even looked in there, confident in the fact that custom content can equal, if not surpass those items.

EDIT:

I rest my case!!

Lol that hair actually looks really good in game, that pic does it NOOOO justification. Don't ask me how I know
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#33 Old 1st May 2009 at 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSims3.com
The Sims 3 Store: Included with purchase of the game is $10 worth of SimPoints, which players receive when they first register their game online at TheSims3.com. They can use their SimPoints towards downloading exclusive in-game items from The Sims 3 Store, to customize their game. For additional items, players can purchase bundles of 500, 1000 and 2000 SimPoints in $USD, EUR, GBP and other major international currencies using a variety of payment methods including international and national credit cards, PayPal, and EA cash cards (in North America only). Whether it’s the must-have new outfit or the latest style of plaid furniture, players have the opportunity to further customize and populate their Sims world with additional items.

Lab Assistant
#34 Old 1st May 2009 at 1:56 PM
I will deff buy some content from there until the "good" custom content creators figure out a way to customize the game for us.....30 more days loves! or is it 29?
Theorist
#35 Old 1st May 2009 at 2:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JujuTS2
The Sims 3 Store will be the only way to get new stuff because modding TS3 will be really more limited.

We don' t know that yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_freakin_glam
I will deff buy some content from there until the "good" custom content creators figure out a way to customize the game for us.....30 more days loves! or is it 29?

According to Snooty's timer

31 days 21 hours 7 minutes 15 seconds left until The Sims 3 arrives
#36 Old 2nd May 2009 at 1:26 AM
Quote:

"EA's already said that they know we'll figure out how to make our own content. DLC is irrelevant to the modding community - if the game's worth playing, it'll be worth modding, and everything we've heard about it suggests it will indeed be moddable. They wouldn't have invited folks to the creator's camp and such if they were intending to lock down the game for custom content.

But never let facts get in the way of a good rumour-fueled panic." - Hysterical Paroxysm

I think you need to realise that if there was no Bodyshop for The Sims 2 modding would of taken a lot longer to accomplish as Bodyshop showed a sneak peek of the way the game files worked and also allowed modding of CAS objects. SimPE took awhile to come out, and even then it took awhile to become a confident program. There will assuredly be similar (or even SimPE) programs for The Sims 3, but we all have to be patient.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 2nd May 2009 at 11:59 PM
I still think the price per item at the Store should be 25 cents. That way, for a whole SP of about 60 items, it would cost $15 and that's pretty reasonable given that SP's usually have a bit more than 60 items for $20. I know that the point wasn't to buy the entire SP, but it serves as a great alternative to do so for those who prefer downloading it. I'm sure more people would buy from the Store in this case. I would, for the exclusive items.

I speak English primarily. Hablo español. Falo muito português.
Je voudrais practiquer mon français. Ich lerne deutsch. Parlo poco italiano.
Test Subject
#38 Old 8th May 2009 at 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by higgins534
I think you need to realise that if there was no Bodyshop for The Sims 2 modding would of taken a lot longer to accomplish as Bodyshop showed a sneak peek of the way the game files worked and also allowed modding of CAS objects. SimPE took awhile to come out, and even then it took awhile to become a confident program. There will assuredly be similar (or even SimPE) programs for The Sims 3, but we all have to be patient.

As someone who was on the side of being a custom content downloader rather than creator, I can definitely believe that. The first custom content/mods (beyond the nude hack) I saw available were new clothes textures, using Body Shop to make. (Heck, I even made some myself.) Then expanding from that, new hair meshes. Then new clothes meshes, and so on. Then, eventually, objects. (I remember how... unstable those initial objects were too.)

Still, I have faith we will see custom content in Sims 3 eventually. Until that time, I know I'll be shopping at the store, though. I got used to having tons of custom content in my games. Without it, I'll have to turn to official content.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#39 Old 8th May 2009 at 12:34 PM
The Sims 2 Store show us, unstable items are also available in store !
Mad Poster
#40 Old 9th May 2009 at 3:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobok
Until that time, I know I'll be shopping at the store, though. I got used to having tons of custom content in my games. Without it, I'll have to turn to official content.

As I said before, I would buy stuff from there if they were a lot cheaper and only those that actually appealed to me. But I will definitely take advantage of the $10 store credit. Errr... wait, I am now getting the standard game not the C.E. anymore, so I forget if I still get that credit.

Theorist
#41 Old 9th May 2009 at 5:47 AM
I thought you don't need to get the collector's edition to recieve the $10 worth of sim points? At any rate I did pre-order the collector's edition today and I will take advantage of the sim points I get with the game. I don't like the idea of having another source of temptation to spend more on my sims hobby though...ugh.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 9th May 2009 at 8:03 AM
Don't know what to think of it, but in the game has gone gold press release they say nothing about the sims store, nor the 10$ worth of sim points.

http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/n...ourceid=twitter

View my other downloads on MTS

www.mintrubbing.org
#43 Old 9th May 2009 at 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocobaura
Don't know what to think of it, but in the game has gone gold press release they say nothing about the sims store, nor the 10$ worth of sim points.

http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/n...ourceid=twitter

And? I wouldn't make anything of it beyond the fact the press release was about the game not the Store.
#44 Old 9th May 2009 at 12:19 PM
To be honest I'm a bit disgusted by the idea. To put it in Sims terms, if something is just FABULOUS and the game cant do without it, it should've shipped with the game, and if it's something minor then it should be for free or in a stuff pack. The middle ground for me it seems is just greed.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#45 Old 9th May 2009 at 1:20 PM
But it seems some free stuff should be availble outside the store like the second town : Riverview.

(Riverview will be available for download from The Sims 3 product website at launch.)
Mad Poster
#46 Old 9th May 2009 at 1:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by higgins534
And? I wouldn't make anything of it beyond the fact the press release was about the game not the Store.

Well, I'm not making anything of it. It's an important press release and I just found it strange that they didn't mention anything about the store or the sim points yet they listed all the other online features and the stuff that comes with the collectors edition.

View my other downloads on MTS

www.mintrubbing.org
#47 Old 9th May 2009 at 5:54 PM
Quote:
But it seems some free stuff should be availble outside the store like the second town : Riverview.

(Riverview will be available for download from The Sims 3 product website at launch.)

Actually, Riverview will be available from the Sims 3 Store at launch. It will still be free, but it will be on the store.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 10th May 2009 at 1:29 AM
Wasn't it called Riverdale at first? I could have sworn it had that name but I can't remember.

Scholar
#49 Old 10th May 2009 at 1:41 AM
Riverdale was the neighborhood before Pleasantview before TS2 came out. From all of its screenshots, it looked a lot bigger and had more houses than Pleasantview.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Mad Poster
#50 Old 10th May 2009 at 2:27 AM
Ah, I knew that name sounded familiar. I remember about that in the recent posts here, I just had forgotten it was that.

Page 2 of 4

Section jump