-Writing some really good stuff that I'm actually proud of
-Making new friends
-Getting good grades
-Being accepted to work in psychology research for college credit (and being accepted almost immediately)
-Finding out that Guy Friend who I've been friends with for several years likes me
-Only having one roommate in the fall semester (my stepcousin)
-Finally losing a few pounds
Let's see, 2008's been pretty freakin' great for me - The best moments include:
- Having my amazing daughter
- Getting married to the love of my life
- Turning 21
- Moving out (that one's a little iffy as far as "great" goes)
- Finally leaving my P.O.S. job XD
Well this year was pretty good for me!
- I completed my second year of high school! Passed all my classes for the second time with all A's! Yes, I am an overachiever
- Winning sophmore class vice president!
- Getting into my sophmore year w/o any complications!
- Got my FIRST boyfriend! I love James with all my heart!
- Passing my first semester with 3 A's and 1 B! Darn Chemistry! LMAO!
- Oh, yeah! I am a cheerleader this year! Go ME!
Well this year was an excellent year for me! I can't wait to see what 2009 has in store for me!
I have had a good year too! These are the things I remember most and am happiest about from 2008:
- Losing 35lbs on the atkins diet.
- Making the presidential honors and deans list for the fall semster at my college. (I had a perfect 4.0 for the semster!)
- I made my dad proud when I won two scholarships so that was great.
- I bought three parakeets that I love to death and could not imagine living without. I have grown so attached to them over the year.
- Spending Christmas with my family and my one year old neice.
- And my parents who were talking about divorce got back together and are happier then ever.
Wow, I didn't realize how many good things happened to me this year. Well, at least I know one good thing that will happen in 2009 - Sims 3!
In general 2008 was a pretty average year, but there were some highlights.
-My best friend moved back to town (she'd been on pratically the other side of the country for a year because of her dad's work)
-Started taking drama classes outside of school- best extracurricular EVER!
-Got a part in a play that I didn't think I'd get
-Met some new friends and reconnected with some old ones. :]
"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
-Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
+ Going on a two week trip around Central Australia with my school
+ Making a lot of great new friends
+ Getting the best report card I've had in 3 years
+ Being allowed to do more things by my overly strict mother
Oh, almost forgot one!
+ Conquering my fear of caves by abseiling 30m down into a pitch black cave. It was so cool...
That's about it. I'm hoping 2009 will be a bit better, but I'm not sure how.
-My English teacher called me the most voracious literary mind she'd ever met.
-Collected a few academic awards in Hon Bio, French, and Hon English.
-Made Special Honor Roll with a 3.9 GPA.
-Was ranked in the top 5% of my class.
-Joined the student newspaper and met some really fun people. Our supervisor is the coolest sixty-year-old man ever.
-Started playing tennis in a league again with some friends.
-My sister got engaged; we've had a lot of fun going to wedding conventions and trying on dresses.
-Read War & Peace. Now that was an achievement.
-Wrote some short stories that I actually felt good about.
-Braved my mortal fear of lakes and learned to water ski (it only took me five tries to get up ).
-Learned to drive.
-Scored in the highest percentile on the SAT.
- Passing my Master's degree! A bit touch-and-go at one stage but I managed it. Really wish I could rewind that year though and work harder, and borrow more money so I didn't have to have a job while studying.
- My Nan getting the all-clear after a slight brush with breast cancer.
- My Mum finding out that she did not have cancer and that her two odd test results were just odd cells, nothing more!
The huge amount of crap that my family went through in 2006 and 2007 meant that 2008 did not appear to be that great either, but those three things have made me so happy (especially since my Mum's results came back the week before Christmas, early Christmas present!).
- Met a bunch of new people
- Raised my grades from C's to A's.
- Went to Waukeela (A four week sleepaway camp in NH)
- Got the role of Cinderella in my school musical, when I was told I might get the Queen.
- Got to see my adorable cousins, who I hardly see.
- Improved my snowboarding.
- Got to spend loads of time with my best friend.
- Maintained my 4.0 average GPA
- Made traveling team for Theater, also as the youngest person on the team
- Snagged lead roles in two school plays.
- One amazing night I'll never, ever forget.
- Freaking moooved. D:
- Only person at the entire Varsity Forensics and Debate tournament to get first place in both of their events.
- Got to come home for Christmas for the first time in 5 years.
Of the good memories...
I had an amazing summer that I will never forget.
I performed three hip hop dance routines with my class in front of a large audience.
I visited Disneyland and Gettysburg.
I figured out which profession I would like to pursue.
I got good grades.
I fell in love.
Of the bad ones...
The person I fell in love with turned out to be a prick.
Essentially the entire months of September and October.
O.K... here I go...
~ Meeting loads of greet new people including Dean (wherever you might be now), Mick, Charlotte.
~ My Mum coming back bold after surgery
~ My cousin gave birth to 2 gorgeous baby girls (there has seriously been a baby boom this year), My friend became a auntie, My other friend/teacher became a Dad.
~ I've gone NCIS CRAZY
~ I discovered that being depressed is just my personality but now I am kinda goth!
Bad things though...
~ Dean left to learn the art of Primary school children (WHAT a career change)
~ Rose and Peppy, my sister's old lady Rats, died leaving sweet old Hope.
~ They keep killing off females in NCIS
~ I discovered that being depressed is just my personality
I got my vet board registration but other than that I don't think I can find a good memory for 2008. It has been the worst year ever for me
~ Legs got a lot worse
~ Ended up in a wheelchair
~ Been in hospital eight times
~ Three failed surgeries
~ Developed a stomach problem and lost 20kg to date as a result
~ Developed a heart problem
~ Had to give up my job
Please call me Laura
"The gene pool needs more chlorine." My Site
-Went on holiday with my boyfriend in the summer
-Had my 1 year anniversary with said boyfriend
-Passed my exams relatively well
-Got a job (and also quit but hey it earned me some cash)
-Saved up a lot of money ready to learn to drive/buy a car in 2009!
- Turning 21
- Returning to university to retake the third year of my Primary B.Ed (Hons) degree
- Celebrating my 4th year anniversary with my boyfriend
- Getting hired at the local cinema during the summer for £6 p/h
- Quitting the cinema in order to work at a better place for £6.17 p/h in November.
- Realising that the people I had called friends were not really interested in my life and then deciding to cut them out.
- Ending the year of being on a society committee with the society getting Society of the Year award at the Student Union awards ceremony.