Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 1617 times.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 2:36 AM
Default Shoulda Saids
Have you ever had a situation where you really had no idea what to say, and then right when it was totally useless, you came up with the perfect retort? Tell us about it!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 7:01 PM
If i'm ever in a argument with someone(which is rare) or getting acorss my point or explaining something to someone or something else along those lines, I have no idea for a last word/come back. But after I've left the person, I think a great thing to so, this irratates me alot. lols. I think thats what you meant, if not, sorry!

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 6:21 PM
In high school I had a math teacher Ms. B. Math is my weakest point and I was struggling in her class so I would do the best I could at home and then go to school early to get help from her. Everytime I went to her in the mornings for help, she would busy herself with talking to other students, teachers, whatever. Whenever the person she was talking to would ask her if she was helping me, Ms. B would say, "No, she's alright" and go back to conversating. So I received no help or would learn to solve the math problems the long way. If she bothered to, her way of helping me was to tell me to read the book, but she knew the book we had was incorrect which is why she had her own way of teaching the material that only required we use the book to do math equations.

I started to go to other math teachers asking for help but only one teacher, Mr. H, volunteered. But Mr. H went and told Ms. B that I was getting help from him. When I got to her class later in the day, I was walking back out to use the restroom before the late bell when Ms. B stopped me (so I was directly in front of the class) to say, "It's good you're getting help, but remember I teach it differently". So I said, "I know you teach it differently. That's why I'm getting help from someone else". From that point on, Ms. B started taking points of my grade because I wasn't doing it the way she wanted. Looking back, when she stopped me in front of the class, I wish I had said instead, "I know you teach differently. That's why I'm on my way to the principal's office to request I be put in Mr. H's class right now!" Not much of a zinger but I would have been real happy that day instead of mad at her for trying to call me out like that!
#4 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 3:00 PM
Im kinda impulsive, so I say all sorts of things that I usually regret later. My thing is to think back and wish I said something more intelligent/diplomatic/thought through than what was actually said.
I rarely run out of words, but Im constantly using the wrong ones, especially when I get emotionally involved.
Scholar
#5 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 3:15 PM
Usually I think of perfect things to say when everything has already passed... But not always.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 6:55 AM
I should have said so many things to my husband's sister. She came up to me and went your husband does not deserve you. Like wtf?! it's your brother for god's sake and my husband have some manners beeyotch! I wanted to say so many things. I will if she ever comes up to me again. I'm still mad at her, even though she asked sorry...

Gawd i should have said them then >_>

Section jump