Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#26 Old 13th May 2008 at 8:16 PM
Also a little dirty.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 13th May 2008 at 8:19 PM
Ehh, what can I say ?

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#28 Old 18th May 2008 at 1:07 AM
Jess looked better when he came back later on.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 18th May 2008 at 2:13 AM
I used to watch the show religiously until it ended. Now I have seasons 2-6 on DVD and watch them occasionally. Rory really came to bug me season 5. Her voice got all baby-ish and she was all different. My favorite guy for her was definitely Jess. I'm glad Chad Michael Murray went on to One Tree Hill, SO much better.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 6:56 PM
Thread bumper to the rescue :howdy:!

I've been watching a lot of reruns on ABC Family lately and enjoying them. I like the snark between Rory and Lorelai, plus this is a great show if you're looking for mindless television that you don't really have to follow religiously to understand. Must say that I hate Jess, though... he's obnoxious, he's violent, and he's a smartass (not the good kind of smartass, either). Why does he always have to get in the way of perfect things like Rory and Dean? He's such a moment killer. I saw one episode where they made baskets for an auction and whoever bought the basket won lunch with its maker, so Jess outbidded Dean. Dean kind of overreacted (and did the cute eyebrow thing :D), and there Jess goes ruining things again. Good for nothing boyfriend...

I love Emily and Richard, LOL. I don't think that they're necessarily supposed to be funny characters, but I find them irrevently hilarious, especially her stoicism to everything. There was one episode I saw where Emily got invited to Lorelai's bachelorette party before marrying Max (or rather not marrying) and talked about how every night she snuck downstairs to try on her wedding dress. Then later in the episode Rory asked why Lorelai wouldn't marry Max and she said because she didn't want to try on her wedding dress every night... so sad .

Still cheering for Dean, bad haircult aside :P.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#31 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 2:18 PM
Aw, I loooved Jess. I still have a major crush on him. He gets better as the show goes along... and when he left the show, he did a couple of little guest spots while Rory's in college and he turns into a pretty nice guy. These days, though... I'm more of a Dean girl. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I've been sucked back into Supernatural. If you keep watching, you have to watch the one where it's a 24 hour swing dance marathon. I think it's one of the season finales. Either you'll hate Jess in that episode or you'll really start to love him. It's still one of of my favorites, if not my all-time favorite, episode of GG.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 2:21 PM
Oh no... more of Jess ruining happy things between Rory and Dean? Grr... he's such a moment killer. Maybe I'll learn to like him as I keep watching; it's hard to keep up because ABC Family shows the episodes out of chronological order. And haha, good to see you've been sucked back into SN :D!

Alchemist
Original Poster
#33 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 2:23 PM
They're not in order? I thought they were... I haven't watched it on ABC Family in a while. I know it comes on at 5pm every night.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 2:25 PM
They're kind of in order but they kind of skip things in between... they don't show every single episode, so there are gaps that cause me to confuse the storyline. At this point, she's still dating Dean but she's starting to talk with Jess and Lorelai disapproves. It's on at 11 A.M., too, which is when I watch it. Does Rory end up going to Harvard?

Lab Assistant
#35 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 2:26 PM
no, she ends up at Yale.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 2:27 PM
Why does she go to Yale? I thought her dream was to go to Harvard.

Forum Resident
#37 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 2:56 PM
I think her grandmother was pushing the whole Yale thing..and also her grandfather went there? I could be wrong..i havn't watched it in donkeys.

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Alchemist
Original Poster
#38 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 2:57 PM
Yep, that's the basics of it. It was more complicated, though. Lorelai was not happy about it. I haven't watched those episodes in a long time, I can't remember it that well.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 3:01 PM
Ah yeh, i remember Lorelai wasnt happy with it all. In the end though she started to come round and decorated all Rorys room with Yale stuff..i just remember that part for some reason :D

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Mad Poster
#40 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 3:39 PM
Right, I seem to remember an episode where Richard was pushing Yale on Rory and Lorelai cut him off. I loved the one where Rory and Lorelai go to Harvard, though. I saw one where Richard was staying at their house because Emily wanted some time to herself and he ended up completely taking over. One quote from that episode I loved:

Richard: So, you like my granddaughter quite a bit...
Dean: No, I love your granddaughter quite a bit.

I love it :D.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#41 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 3:41 PM
Ahhh, yes. I remember that. Love that quote. I'm watching season five on dvd right now. It's the only season I have, so I've watched every episode a bajillion times, I can quote the whole thing. It's where she first gets together with Logan.

I was gonna actually go play Sims, but GG comes on in like ten minutes... I might actually watch it.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 3:43 PM
It's the basket auction episode. Thank God for TV Guide.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#43 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 3:48 PM
Look what I found on Facebook.
These are all scarily (is that a word?) true. I deleted the first half because they were lame.

You officially know you are a Gilmore Girls fan when...

53) you've realized that Lauren Graham really does act and talk like that...its not just for the character.

54) you know that Alexis Bledel is spanish.

55) you know that they called kirk a different name in the first few episodes.

56) you know that Liza Weil (aka paris) tried out for the part of rory

57) you know what animal lorelai hides the key under

58) you started drinking coffee more than usual

59) you want to back pack through europe

60) you LOVED dave Rygalski...

70) everytime you watch One Tree Hill you think Tristan.

61) you actually felt sorry for tristan

62) you noticed that emily looked older in the first episode than she has the whole rest of the show

63) you can name what season each part is from when the theme song is playing

64) you forgot about digger

65) you almost had a break down when lorelai and rory weren't speaking.

66) you tell yourself over and over that lorelai was drunk when she married christopher.

67) you yell at the TV when you watch Christopher convince lorelai to marry him, "DUDE! YOU HAVE TO FORCE HER TO MARRY YOU! SHE DOESN'T LOVE YOU! SHE ASKED LUKE TO MARRY HER! YOU DRAGGED HER TO MARRY HER!!!!!"

68) you create Stars Hollow and all of the characters on the sims!

69) you make references to the show every day.

70) You've seen every single episode at least twice!

71) you know you're obsessed when you're willing to risk getting a bad grade to catch a really good new episode

72) you repeatly turn down people's plan's because they fall on tuesday sometime between the 8 and 9 pm hoursss

73) your friends repeatly make fun of you because you're so obsessed

74) When you found out there was going to be no season 8, you actually cried and thought about what the hell you were going to do on tuesday nights.

75) you know how many jimmy choo shoes you can buy with 75,000 dollars.

EVEN MORE!!!!!

-When you act like you are on the show and actually speak to the tv

-When you text your friends the theme song

-When you put the theme song on your phone as a ring tone or draft

-When you name your pets after characters

-When you close your door and lock it so your annoying sister or brother won't interrupt your Gilmore Girls tv time

-When you accidentally call friends and family names of the characters if they relate to them or not

-When you've compared the guys in your life to Dean, Jess, Tristan, Marty or Logan.

-When you've started making important life decisions on pro/con lists because, hey, it worked for Rory.

-When you've found ways to compare every one in your school to a Stars Hollow Citizen, going as far as to call the overbearing head of school Taylor to her face.

-When you start carrying a book in your purse at all times.

-When you stop eating healthy foods because Lorelai and Rory don't and it seems to work out well for them.

-When your friends get annoyed that every time they call you, you are watching Gilmore Girls.

-When you try to imitate Lorelai and Rory's lifestyle.

-When you AIM buddy icon is Gilmore Girls

-When your cell phone wallpaper is Gilmore Girls

-When you try to convince people that God lives in London!!!!!

-even though you have perfect hearing you watch every episode with closed captioning so you don't miss a word of what they said

-When you buy movies with Alexis Bledel and Lauren Graham in them just because they were on Gilmore Girls (I.e. Sisterhood of the traveling Pants, Because I Said So, etc etc)

-When you hear people say odd things about themselves and you say "That's going on your tomb stone"

-when you drink atleat one or more cups of coffee everyday

-When you acctually wish your life had a Sookie for the amazing food.

-When you know what "Copper Boom" means

-When you cried because Rory said no to Logan and they broke up -- for good.

-When you fantasize having a boyfriend like Dean

-When you have at one point wished your mom had you at 16

-When you got excited when Rory kissed Jess...even though she was with Dean.

-When you love to hate Paris

-When you're jelouse of Rory and Lane's friendship

-When you've wondered what is up with Sean Gunn's stomach?????

-When you pretend you're at Liz and TJ's wedding while watching the episode...trying not to laugh...

-When even though you know he's a jerk, you really wanted to see what Rory's life would be like if she dated Tristan

-When you can talk as fast as Lorelai and Rory

-When you've considered naming your kid Rory

-If you've ever looked up Stars Hollow on a CT map...

-When Lane was with Dave, Zack was creepy...and then Dave left...and Zack was a god.

-the Van-Gerbigs are the cutest family of four.

-You know how high pitched Emily Kuroda's real voice is...

-You know Yanic Truesdale does not have an accent

-When you get bored with Season 4 because Rory isnt with anyone and no one likes Digger.

-When you got WICKED excited when Dean and Rory Kissed...in season 4

-When kirk got a girlfriend you said "hooray!...but what!?"

-When you get a warm fuzzy feeling when Lorelai and her Mom get along...and then get nervous that it will turn into a fight

-When you wanted Emily to buy the plane

-When you wanted to take dance lessons with Miss Patty
Mad Poster
#44 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 3:51 PM
LOL. Love the bolded one... apparently sims reaches all things :P.

Kirk got a girlfriend? Aww, good for Kirk! I love him.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#45 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 3:53 PM
I lol-ed when I read that one on Facebook.

Time to watch the show *sits in front of tv in a trance*
Field Researcher
#46 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 6:53 PM
Quote:
-When you've wondered what is up with Sean Gunn's stomach?????

Eewww! Is it a disease?! He looks like a light bulb
Mad Poster
#47 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 5:23 PM
I saw the episode today where Jess crashes Rory's car and it breaks her wrist... Jess crashes the car that Dean built for Rory. Further proof of why I despise his weasely guts. It was strange to see Lorelai adopt a maternal personality- she's a good mom, but she and Rory are more like best friends than they are mother and daughter. She really shines when she gets protective. I love how she slept in Rory's room and her big fight with Luke was very emotional. I saw another episode last week where Dean was trying to spend time with Rory until Lorelai found him on the steps to the house and he said, "She likes Jess, doesn't she?" and just walked away. So sad :weep:. I'll take him if Rory won't appreciate him .

Speaking of which, who the hell is Rory's dad? Is it that Chris guy that showed up after the car crash? I'm so confused... this is what I get for watching a show in syndication.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#48 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 5:29 PM
Yeah, Chris is her dad. I love him... until the later episodes (you'll find out why around season 5). I love Jess, but yeah... he kind of does that shit a lot. It's not on purpose, though. I always felt bad for Dean. That part where he says that on the front steps... ohhh man. So sad.

I have wondered what's up with Sean Gunn's stomach too! It's so weird... Ya know, I'm friends with his brother on myspace . Funny thing, actually. His brother, James, was married to Jenna Fischer, who plays Pam on The Office. He's a director, usually of horror movies, which is how I came to know him. Then found out he was married to Jenna/is the brother of Sean.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 9:16 PM
I saw the episode with Sookie and Jackson's wedding this morning. I just love them together- they're so compatible and cute. She's a very entertaining character, for me; always so upbeat and jolly. I like Michel, too, and how Lorelai is always antagonizing him.

The men on this show drive me batty, I swear. Christopher knocks Sherry up and runs off practically hours after he professes that he's going to navigate a relationship with Lorelai, and then Jess adds fuel to the little fire of irritation I've been building throughout the episode by coming back and kissing Rory. I suppose she did instigate it, but sometimes I can't believe her behavior and find it very unrealistic. She's got a great thing with Dean and admitted to being glad Jess was gone, then kisses him the second she sees him? I understand the girlish notion and all, but she makes no sense. It's kind of like the Grey's Anatomy Meredith/Derek drama, in a way- just make a freaking decision and stand by it.

I love Kirk, too . He's so funny... I saw one where Lorelai was running the diner for Luke and he asked for some fake sugar. She asked him if he was hoarding it at home and he said he liked seven fake sugars in his coffee, so she said he wouldn't mind if she dumped it in and did so. I also loved his short film that was played at the town film festival... he's such a quirky guy.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#50 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 9:21 PM
Yeah, I watched that one last night. I haven't seen that episode on so long... it's one of my favorites. I must say that I love Jess though. I think why Rory is doing all that with him is because of the whole "every girl loves a bad boy" complex. And maybe she's getting into that part of the relationship with Dean where things become too comfortable and kinda get boring, so she unconciously sabotages the relationship. I know from experience.

Loving the new avvie. UGH. He is so gorgeous. It drives me crazy.
Page 2 of 9