Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 765 (Who?), Viewed: 145091 times.
Page 23 of 31
Test Subject
#551 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 6:48 PM
I'm reading Reckless by Cornelia Funke. To be honest, I'm only reading it because I got it for Christmas, and if I hadn't got it, I would be reading something by one of the Bronte sisters or something like that. Before this I read What Katy Did, the Douglas Adams books, Little Women, What Katy Did At School and What Katy Did Next. You can probably tell which genre I like.

All Hail Delphy! Especially because he fixed my avatar!

My Youtube page is here
Alchemist
#552 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 6:02 PM
Aaaand Storm of Swords. By George R. R. Martin. xD Yep, right onto the next in the series.
Test Subject
#553 Old 6th May 2011 at 4:48 PM
I am currently reading a book titled Drylor The First Artifact. It is a pretty good book and I am rather surprised it caught my attention since I am not really an avid reader of the fantasy genre.

The book isn't really a mainstream novel, it is more of a JRPG (Japanese RPG) of the book world. What I mean by that is, say that lord of the rings is equal to the final fantasy series of gaming, Drylor would be more like a Star Ocean to the Final Fantasy or a Titan Quest type-game to the Diablo series.

The point I am trying to portay is, while Drylor the first artifact is a really good book, it will never reach the magnitude of popularity displayed by the tyrants of the genre. It will always be the underdog.

Now with that rather... pointless explanation out of the way, if you are looking for a new book to read and you enjoy reading fantasy books then I highly recommend picking up Drylor The First Artifact.
Lab Assistant
#554 Old 17th May 2011 at 6:56 AM
Breakfast at Tiffany's and other stories!
I recently finished In Cold Blood, so I wanted to try something else by Capote. I'm glad that I did. Breakfast at Tiffany's was so good! I've never seen the movie, so it was really different from how I thought it would be. I'm reading the third story right now out of four, and I'm sad that this has to end
Theorist
#555 Old 20th May 2011 at 4:08 AM
I finished Just After Sunset by Stephen King - my favorite story was the last one about 2 feuding neighbors and one lures the other to an abandoned construction site and forces him at gunpoint into a sheet metal reinforced portable toilet and then pushes it over onto the door.
So now I'm reading a book that's been lying around the house for a long time - Life: A User's Manual by Georges Perec.

Much as I like reasonable persons, I hate completely rational beings. — Lin Yutang
Test Subject
#556 Old 23rd May 2011 at 4:47 PM
I'm reading The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne
Test Subject
#557 Old 31st May 2011 at 3:04 PM
I'm currently re-reading "Dead In The Family" by Charlaine Harris, book #10 in the Southern Vampire Mysteries/True Blood series.

Seeing as it was 1-2 years ago I read all the books last, I figured it was time to read the whole series again before reading book #11 for the first time. It's also given me something to do while waiting for the Season 4 premiere of True Blood! :D
Field Researcher
#558 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 2:03 AM
Currently, Im on the Dune Books. I read them once before long ago. But after watching the two series again, I had a hankering to reread them. Im on the Heretics of Dune so far.

** Patrick Stewart + Felicia Day + Bruce Campbell + zombie invasion + the cast of Firefly = my happiness.
Or, Chocolate ... yea I'll go with chocolate. **
Theorist
#559 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 3:04 AM
I'm reading Under the Dome by Stephen King. It's the hardcover and has like a thousand pages. I can't read it lying down because it crushes my diaphragm.

Much as I like reasonable persons, I hate completely rational beings. — Lin Yutang
Field Researcher
#560 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltraz
Aaaand Storm of Swords. By George R. R. Martin. xD Yep, right onto the next in the series.

I just finished A Dance With Dragons. Storm of Swords is the best of the series so far though.

Edit: Just noticed the date on this posting. Hopefully you're working on ADWD now!
Alchemist
#561 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 9:26 AM
"The Forbidden Forest", by Mircea Eliade. Just can't get enough of this guy!

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Test Subject
#562 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 7:44 PM
I'm reading five books at the moment:

"...Och De Vita Skuggorna I Skogen" - Maria Gripe
"Dead Reckoning" - Charlaine Harris
"A Christmas Carol" - Charles Dickens
"The Picture Of Dorian Gray" - Oscar Wilde
"Fyrmästarens Dotter" - Ann Rosman
Field Researcher
#563 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 3:27 AM
i just finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman (very good, as is everything else i've read by him so far) and i just started the Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien.
also - and i hesitate to say it because i haven't picked it up in a month - i'm reading The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield, but i really don't like it, and am only making an effort to get through it because my mother gave it to me.
Instructor
#564 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 1:38 PM
Honestly, nothing. I've just read Eragon, but I had to return it before I had finished the last fifty pages. It doesn't really matter. It was kinda boring. I mostly just read old WITCH magazines at the moment.
Test Subject
#565 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 3:18 PM
The House of Night Series by P.C. and Kristen Cast
Test Subject
#566 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 2:53 PM
I just got finish with the second book of the ''House of night'' book series ! I LOVE ! <3
Theorist
#567 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 3:36 PM
Flush by Carl Hiaasan

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#568 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 10:40 PM
I was recently reading but I finished it. It was "The Beautiful Between" I forget the author. I checked it out from my library. Very good book. Very sad at the end. I teared up. You can really relate to almost all of the characters. I recommend it to every person in the world. Haha, really though a brilliant book.

It doesn't matter if I'm a prince, king, or a nobody.I'll always be your knight who watches over and protects you, because you're my one and only princess, Alice.
-Lance from the Wonderland Days Sim Date by Pacthesis
Lab Assistant
#569 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 12:32 AM
A Storm Of Swords by George R.R.Martin
Test Subject
#570 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 12:34 AM
Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 Digital Classroom, and IC3 Study Guide for my classes. (Guh. I know much of this stuff already.)

...I was getting ready to read Blood and Gold by Anne Rice before I moved here. It's my mom's copy.
I better get my own books. D:
Scholar
#571 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 4:24 PM
I am suffering through another one of my mother's "must reads". Naturally, it is a series of books, each one stupider than the last. This one is Miss Julia paints the town. Suffice it to say that Miss Julia is an idiot, a living relic of the south of the early 1900's. Only four more to go when I finally, finally finish this one. I'm like ten pages from the end, yet I haven't read any in like three days. Does that tell you anything about how good it is?

"Death cannot stop true love; it can only delay it for awhile." Westley to Buttercup "The Princess Bride"
Scholar
#572 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 5:22 PM
I'm reading A Short History of Nearly Everything, though I'm currently taking a bit of a break. I like that it is a history of science beginning from the fundamentals of physics and working its way to the life sciences, but I think it is a bit too fluffy and written for those who are unfamiliar with science. Coming from reading Phantoms in the Brain, a book packed full of scientific fact and very well-paced (I can't praise this book enough; it is an excellent introduction to neuroscience), A Short History is kind of boring. I'm mostly interested in the scientific discoveries and how they fit in to the world of science in their day, but there are an awful lot of detours to look at the personal lives of the scientists being discussed. In any case, I do plan to finish the book, I'm just taking a break to wash my brain of unnecessary details. :P
Alchemist
#573 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 5:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julieryc
Edit: Just noticed the date on this posting. Hopefully you're working on ADWD now!

Heh, I'm reading it now. It's okay ...but for some reason, I like it less than the others. So I'm reading it quite slowly. There's also the problem that when I'm done it, I either have to restart the series (because there's tons I missed, I'm sure, and I don't want it to end!) or I have to wait for possibly years before Martin releases the 6th novel.

How'd you like Feast? I kept hearing it was really disappointing, but I loved it! The Brienne chapters were great, as were the Cersei and Jamie chapters. I think I actually liked not hearing much from the main ensemble - it was refreshing. I'd say Feast was my second favourite of the bunch so far, next to Storm. Storm is just amazing. . .
Lab Assistant
#574 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 6:45 AM
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

What's funny is that my English class has a person reading each book in the series right now for required reading. Someone else is reading Hunger Games and another person is reading Mockingjay. :P
Scholar
#575 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 11:20 AM
Finished Miss Julia Paints the Town, finally. I'm on to the next one, Miss Julia Delivers the Goods. So far this one is actually good. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way.

"Death cannot stop true love; it can only delay it for awhile." Westley to Buttercup "The Princess Bride"
Page 23 of 31

Section jump