Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 8:54 PM
Does Persepolis count, or is that considered to be a graphic novel?

I've also been reading Sand Chronicles, which I suggest to anyone that likes drama-mangas.
Advertisement
#27 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 6:17 AM
Katekyo Hitman Reborn! [Cause who doesn't love teenagers and the Italian mafia?] It's actually really fun and enjoyable. Especially the beginning chapters.

I've also recently started reading Vampire Knight. It's...well, alright, it has it's good moments.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 12th May 2009 at 10:03 AM
Currently reading Trinity Blood, Black Cat and Naruto (LOL. I'm a narutard)

I recommend Trinity Blood since it focuses on personal morality, political stuff and somehow...racism(?) - since its about a feub with vampires and humans, the church and the government etc. It's also filled with good humor too.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 16th May 2009 at 3:33 AM
Fruits Basket
Chibi Vampire
Naruto
Vampire Knight
Death Note
Drama Con(Okay...It's finished, but still...*Shifty eye*)

Hehe, Yes, I'm reading alot of Manga series at the moment.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 28th May 2009 at 4:57 PM
Well I usually don't like manga but I just read Emma (its not the classic Jane Austen book)
I wanted to find the second one but neither my local library or local Barnes and Nobles has it.
I'm also going to read Life, though I heard its graphic and I shouldn't read it but that was from my best friend so I'm going to ignore that :D
Test Subject
#31 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:51 PM
^
Life is very graphic, but it is still very good

Anyway, I am reading Fushigi Yugi vizbig edition vol.1. It is a good series so far, but I have only read the first book So I can't wait to find time to read the other two since Vol.2 come out the 16th.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:07 PM
I'm reading Honey Hunt. I have to wait for more chapters to come out on OM (I also buy them when they come out) I might read Higurashi soon since I finished the anime.
Test Subject
#33 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:10 PM
Reading too many, but the ones I follow weekly or monthly: Naruto, Vampire Knight, Honey Hunt, Skip Beat, Until Death Do Us Part, Kamen Teacher, Ocha Nigosu, Usagi Drop, and El El.

I highly recommend El El, if you like suspense and horror.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Merleawe_SC
^
Life is very graphic, but it is still very good

I read one through four in one night (borrowed from said best friend) now I want to read the rest but again neither my library or bookstore has it :/
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:37 AM
Hot Gimmick
Death Note
Absolute Boyfriend
Fruit's Basket
Gravitation

- Basically re-reading all the ones I own :D
Test Subject
#36 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 4:57 PM
I'm currently rereading Basara by Yumi Tamura; it's my all time favorite! I also recommend Uzumaki for anyone who likes horror.
Test Subject
#37 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 2:58 PM Last edited by the mazoku : 7th Aug 2009 at 3:10 PM. Reason: Forgot something. *smacks self*
Default Oh!
I'm reading:

Full Metal Alchemist
Katekyo Hitman REBORN!(Middle schooler Sawada Tsunayoshi is suddenly thrown into the mafia world when an infant tutor comes calling, declaring that No-Good Tsuna is the next in line to be boss of the Vongole family.)
Skip Beat You should know this already...
Tantei Gakuen Q (About a group of five students of Dan Detective School, class Q and the mysteries and puzzles they solve.)
Mirai Nikki/Future Diary (This stuff is crazy. Almost Higurashi-like. Maybe more bloody...)
The World Only God Knows (A Otome-game otaku is forced to use his dating game knowledge to save real life girls from escaped spirits from hell.)
Amatsuki (Tokidoki failed his history class and is forced to do extra credit at a high-tech museum that virtually recreates the Edo period. But things get complicated and now he's stuck in the virtual Edo.
Psycho Buster (I love the art. And the plot is really awesome, too.)
Wallflower
Fairy Tail
D.Gray Man
Liar Game(Too honest for her own good, Kanzaki Nao gets tricked into playing the Liar Game, a competition for a large sum of money singing to the tune of over 300 million yen. Desperate to get out of her situation, she seeks the help of a con-man who is being released from jail.(also a Drama.))
Defense Devil (high ranking devil is banished to a place between hell and earth and must 'defend' those unjustly sent to hell in order to become powerful again. He's got this awesome pen-sword[ironic hmm?])
Bakuman (Two high school boys and their journey to being serialized in the famous Weekly Shonen Jump. [Serialized in the weekly shonen Jump and written and drawn by the Death Note team(I love Takeshi Obata)])
07-Ghost (This...maybe you might like it. The art is really awesome, and the plot right now is...WHERE'S THE NEXT CHAPTER DAMMIT?!)
Get-Backers (Pure awesomeness. Especially Kazuki.)

And a lot more. I think the above listed titles are really good. Go check it out if you like.

And HOW COULD I FORGET GINTAMA?!?!?! I love it so much!! ICHIGO GYUNIU!
Test Subject
#38 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 5:10 PM
I was reading Me&My Brothers,

but now I've been watching the anime version of Lucky Star.
Instructor
#39 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 3:42 AM
My sister lent me her Hell Girl Manga and it's very interesting
Scholar
#40 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 4:06 AM
Still reading Ah! My Goddess! and Excel Saga, just like I have been for years and years....
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 12:56 PM
Uhhh I'm reading Crimson Hero, Honey and Clover, Vampire Knight etc(and whatever manga is running in the latest ShojoBeat). But I would totally recommend going onto onemanga.com, they have a great selection of Shojo and Shounen but nothing much else more adult.

My favourite manga of all time has to be Hana Yori Dango!!!!! I must have read this at least 5 times and Absolute Boyfriend was one of the first manga I read, so I like that one too () and B.O.D.Y has always been one of my favourites..not sure why, maybe because Fuji wears glasses??
Ummm and all the others I should remember, but don't? Nope.

Oh, and mysoju.com is THE BEST website for all Asian drama..it's sooo good! I would recommend watching Nana and Nana 2 (films), Boys Over Flowers series (HYD) (I LOVE the Korean version!I brought the necklace that Jun Pyo gives to Jan Di ), Absolute Boyfriend is on there too, but the story's changed a little, and Koizora is brilliant, a Japanese film, and the other day I watched 200 pounds beauty (I think?) which is a Korean film about a woman who is blessed with a beautiful voice but isn't seen as visually beautiful.
These are just random selections of my favourite picks I have found, so far..! Also if you are a fan of Arashi (woohoo! *waves flag*) Yellow Tears is a great film (Sho looks sooooo good!)
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leenetje

before i read one other manga online but i forgot the name... something about a guy trying to find the perfect girl and getting a fetishj for every girl that owns something perfect in his eyes. like a girl with the perfect legs, a girl with the perfect boobies. and so on.

it's a good one too, but i do love death note more.

I don't know if we are thinking of the same manga, but I'm sure I've read this, It's a sort of shounen/comedy kind of manga, about a boy who moves to Tokyo and lives in a building with 4/5 girls who have his favourite features (one is a ninja type girl with a wonderful voice, and he gets her to sing naughty words, and records it another one has beautiful eyes, then beautiful boobs, his favourite "sunny-chan" legs, if I remember rightly? I think that's it..:S) Yeah, anyway..
IF that is the one you are talking about, it's really funny (he always ends up looking like a perv even though he tries not too!)
If not, I'm sorry for jabbering
Test Subject
#43 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 12:57 PM
There's a KH manga? I've wanted to check out the game but CBA to play it through to find out the storyline xD I'll go check that out :P
I'm dying to get my hands on the complete Death Note manga series, I want the box set with the 13th book "How to read" in a super special awesome box for my birthday in November ^_^
I recommend Ghost Hunt if you like creepy storylines and a little bit of romance (not much, if you aren't a romance fan you can ignore it) and ... well, ghosts basically :P
Anyone around here a fan of Ouran High School Host Club ? Me likey ^_^

I'm sort of new to the anime/manga thing so haven't got my hands on much manga yet and have only watched a few full series of anime (Mid-way through Bleach and attempting to give Naruto a try :P).
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 4:58 PM
Im currently reading InuYasha and also watching it. Gonna reread dragonball soon but ive not got all of the so might find somewhere online to read the ones im missing.
Also trying to read vampire knight, LIFE and cardcaptor sakura.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Test Subject
#45 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 5:48 PM
I tried having a go at Bleach but didn't like it much, so I'm sticking with Hetalia and Death Note for now. ^^
Test Subject
#46 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 2:21 AM
Ghost hunt! I love it!
Theorist
#47 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 2:58 PM
Detective Conan (even if it never ends)
Kuroshitsuji
Pandora Hearts
Saiyuki Reload BLAST (On Hiatus)\
Judge
Alchemist
#48 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 7:24 PM
I don't like manga.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Test Subject
#49 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 5:56 AM
I am currently reading Death Note part 1
Banned
#50 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 8:46 AM
i am waiting for the next issue of claymore to come out which should be april.
Page 2 of 4