Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 16 (Who?), Viewed: 2781 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 12:57 AM
Confirmed: LittleBigPlanet delayed Worldwide over Qur'an
(

" SCEE has just confirmed that LittleBigPlanet has slipped because of "expressions" from the Qur'an found in the game, but has not supplied a new release date. "

Why oh why... Ive been waiting for this game.
It's a major let down in more ways than one for me, I already got the game from somebody I know that already has a stock... (i'm bad I know and I'm paying for it) and now I have the Qu'ran version... hmm I might sell it in Ebay though... but still.... damn. I usually dont comment on something about politics anymore but anyone who claims they have the right to not be inconvenienced is an inconvenience to us all (especially to me).

There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written or badly written.

Oscar Wilde
(1854 - 1900)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 1:12 AM
I'm confused... They talk about the Muslim bible in LittleBigPlanet? Why is that a bad thing?

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 1:24 AM
Its a part of a song in one of the background music in the game apparently the artist is singing about the qu'ran... not really sure. But Muslims might take that kind of thing offensive and being the game that's all about community and sharing Devs MM cant let it pass... but damn but they took forever to make that game and it only took them a week before it goes out to figure out something like that...

There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written or badly written.

Oscar Wilde
(1854 - 1900)
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 2:19 AM
...it's a case of religious folks overreacting, as they do frequently, but at the same time....kind of a bone-headed move on the part of the developers. It's a platform-creating game, no one gives a crap about the music, and they could have saved themselves a headache just by using common sense.

Well, I no longer have a PS3 anyway.

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
#5 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 2:33 AM
umm.. come again? What are they singing about? AND why did they think it would be an amazing idea to put it in there in the first place?!

.... *deep sigh* Sometimes I don't know about these people.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 2:41 AM
Actually I have a unedited version of the game and it has a lot of songs with different languages so I would think the devs just got a lot of pop songs from artists with different lanuages and none of them foresaw lyrics like that. Still I agree it was stupid of them not to check the lyrics of the game songs they added. they did get an idea of just patching it but sony didnt like that since some ps3 users may not have online thay had a recall... I think.... I dunoo I think some people might end up getting the game with the song since ... I have a friends brother works in GAME and they already have copies in the back shelves they said their going to sell it anyways on the scheduled date given by sony I think 28th instead of 21 of this month.

"“NSider,” a NeoGAF user supposedly behind the complaint made against LittleBigPlanet’s use of two sentences from the Qur’an, has seemingly apologised for “partially causing a one week delay.”

“I’m sorry for partially causing a one week delay of LittleBigPlanet. I’m sorry Sony has to go through all the trouble of pulling the game from stores and replacing them with patched versions. I definitely know what it feels like to have a game delayed.

The possibility that Sony would delay the game didn’t even cross my mind. I thought that they will do nothing about it for weeks then quietly release a patch much later."

just wow..... just send us a freakin patch SONY!

Oscar Wilde
(1854 - 1900)
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 3:39 AM
It sucks, cause I was looking forward to play, but it's just a week. Could be worse.
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 4:30 PM
I've had enoguh of people crying bloody murder everywhere on the internet. As a Muslim, I'm gonna put the record straight. The complaint was abouth the fact that two lines from the Qur'an where used (and this is where it gets important) in conjunction with music. If the lines where just spoken by a character, it wouldn't be a problem. It's the fact that it was used in a song. God, people act like the Muslims cancelled. Come on. It was delayed by a week for a SINGLE complaint.
Scholar
#9 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 7:27 PM
What the hell is LittleBigPlanet?
Alchemist
#10 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 7:53 PM
^ I agree, what is it?
Forum Resident
#11 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 7:53 PM
Alchemist
#12 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 8:00 PM
Ah, Looks pretty interesting... Too bad i don't have a PS3
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 8:33 PM
my dadddyyy saiddd hes gettinngg thiss forr mee yay 'sackkkkkkgirll' i dont really mind that its been delayed thoo..

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Forum Resident
#14 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 8:41 PM
Was there a point to you talking like that?

~*I'm a she*~
Field Researcher
#15 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 9:09 AM
i believe its to show excitement photo

Head Of Staff & Writer @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out
Forum Resident
#16 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 11:08 PM
Eh... Just kind of irritating to read... :D

~*I'm a she*~
Field Researcher
#17 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 12:20 AM
The delay is just an extra week, so no biggie.

I'll probably be playing it a lot, so if anyone with a PS3 wants to look me up (to become friends or whatever), my PSN name is NeonReaver.

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>

Section jump