Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 5:04 AM
Default MaxisMakeover-Sim-Edition: Belladona Cove *WINNERS ANNOUNCED*
MaxisMakeover-Sim Edition: Belladonna Cove
This contest belongs in beauty.

The Rules
-You will need Apartment Life.
-If you need an extension, PM me and I will see what I can do.
-There will be NO eliminations.
-Please add round and name info to the title of your entry.
-Follow ALL forum rules.
-You must include before and after shots of the sim(s).
-No chatter or spamming the threads, please.
-You may use CC.
-You may use photoshop, but you will not receive any extra points for it.
-You MUST have fun!
-No plain backgrounds.

Application 4.17.09-4.22.09
A glow about us

You will be giving a makeover to the Patel Family. They are expecting a little one, so they both should have a middle-age makeover. For Ana, try to get her makeover to focus more on the fact that she is pregnant. For Ramir, try to incorporate his lifetime want of becoming a celebrity chef. Remember before and after shots, please.

Round 1
Trashy enough for you?
Round 2
Can you fight, for your right?
Round 3
Part of the family
Round 4
Good vs. Evil

Judges
1. jewaukeela
2. hale
3. Dozo

E.J.
1. cavilez1987
2. Eat_Toast

Judging
Each round will be judged on the following criteria: Photo Composition /20, Originality /20, Followed Task /10. The application round will be judged with comments.

Prizes: If you would like to donate a prize, please PM me. Thank you.

We have two beautiful ladies from hale (thank you)

jewaukeela has offered us a wonderful prize, Andrew Downe. Thank you.
http://i41.tinypic.com/24mewcg.jpg

We have 2 sets of pictures from Engram and a house from beatdoc (sorry no pictures, but I am sure they will be great).

1st place will get all four, 2nd place will get a choice of two and 3rd place will get one.

Contestants
1: wgroome Application, Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, Round 4
2: kustirider2 Application, Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, Round 4
3: HyghTyme Application, Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, Round 4
5: happyasabunny Application, Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, Round 4
6: amymnel Application, Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, Round 4
7: beatnikbunny Application, Round 1, Round 2, Round 3
8: ringsroses Application, Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, Round 4
9: Simtastic-Sims Application, Round 1, Round 2, Round 3
12: Michie Application, Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, Round 4
13: Kyle Application, Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, Round 4
15: Deatherella Application, Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, Round 4
16: Aijux Application, Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, Round 4
17: nadsy01 Application, Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, Round 4

Dropped Out
4: Raindrops757 Application, Round 1
10: Laughy Application, Round 1
11: profoundlycan Application, Round 1
14: ALovingDiva Application, Round 1

Scores
Application
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 6:05 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 4.17.09
Ends 5.17.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 6:49 PM
OK, I am here. Come on in! :D
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 6:57 PM
Umm this contest sounds good, but I'm a bit confused. Do the contestants make, then make-over the Patel family?
Scholar
#5 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 6:59 PM
The Patel family should be in your Sim bin. They are one of the Maxis families that don't come in a lot.

Since I already have a few contests going, would you be in need of my judging skills, cavilez?

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 7:17 PM
Oh right thanks Deatherella.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 7:21 PM
I'll be an E.J .

LJ♥
Call me Lily :).
I'm beginning to upload some of my sims online..please go check them out here :).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 7:43 PM
Raindrops757 They are already in an apartment. I do believe it's by the trailer parks.

Deatherella I will add you to the list, thank you

Eat_Toast Thank you. I'll add you to the list
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 7:46 PM
Man oh Man I wish I could join this....But I accidently deleted all the characters in belladonna cove

Check out my LJ here!
Moderator at Rock The Sims Formally know as Sims2Supernova

I love the way that your hearts breaks
with every injustice and deadly fate
praying it all be new
and living like it all depends on you
Alchemist
#10 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 7:52 PM
Count me in! When do apps have to be in by? Also is this contest focused on the makeovers or the writing? (I'm a terrible writer :P)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 7:55 PM
kustirider2 You have until the 22nd. No it's more focused on the makeover, but if you want to add a little(or no) writing, that's fine by me.
#12 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 7:57 PM
Hey! Could I be a judge pretty please?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 7:58 PM
hale Of course you can.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 8:06 PM
Default Application - The Patel Family - wgroome
"Hi, I’m Ana Patel and I’m expecting a baby any day now... I’m so excited!"

"My, that picture Ram took is awful! Man, I hate maternity clothes, they’re so unflattering… it’s like the designers hate us! I hate my hair wavy, but my straighters had broken. I really don’t know why I thought it’d be calming to try and catch some butterflies, but they’re so darn hard to catch!"

"I can’t wait to be a yummy mummy. Ramir even bought me a new outfit when he went to get my straightners fixed, he’s so thoughtful. He knows pregnancy has been tough on me, but I’m sure it’ll be worth it when our baby arrives!"

"Oh, another nasty picture! This was back when Ram was a politician; it was all about a respectable appearance - meaning a suit, tie and horrible hair! With so much changing in our lives, Ram thought it was finally time to quit his political job and become a chef."

"Ah, now here’s a picture I like! I love Ram’s hair like this, and that shirt is lovely… it’s perfect for when he’s hanging around the house and trying out recipes. It’s also easy to clean, so he can feed or change the baby without worrying!"

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Field Researcher
#15 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 8:07 PM
I saw this competition earlier, and I was already in Belladonna so I made over the family straight away! :D

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 8:11 PM
wgroome Great application!
Alchemist
#17 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 8:27 PM
Default Kustirider2 - Application
Ana Patel before

Ana Patel after
I gave her a more 'motherly' makeover and got rid of that horrible foundation that made her face really light. I added some facemasks to give her that extra bit of character :D

Ramir Patel before

Ramir Patel after

I got rid of some of the stubble (As it seemed slightly unhygenic for a chef) and changed his clothes to be more fitting and casual

#18 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 8:34 PM
I'd love to be a judge.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 8:35 PM
kustirider2 Thank you for joining! :D
Dozo I will add you to the list, thank you.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 9:29 PM
Default HyghTyme - App
Is it okay if we've already made some slight changes? Well, in any case, it doesn't effect the Patels, so here goes:

Ana and Ramir Patel have been making a lot of changes in preparation for their coming child. They left their apartment for a spacious house, and Ramir is preparing to leave politics.

Ana wanted a puppy for her little one to play with, and though Leroy is a little... larger than expected, he's a sweetheart she's sure her little boy or girl will love.

Ramir continues to serve on the city council, but plans to retire from politics after his term is up. He doesn't have time for culinary school, but he's been brushing up on his skills on his own, and looks forward to hours that will allow him to spend time with his family.

The Patels have changed their looks to reflect the change in their lifestyle, a change they're very happy with. The Patels had a girl this time, and named her Fay.
#21 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 9:51 PM
cavilez1987, Glad to be part of the team. I'm looking forward to judging.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 10:18 PM
Great app, HyghTyme

I will be off and on the computer today (stomach flu), so I will try to answer all your questions in a timely fashion.
Test Subject
#23 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 11:39 PM
can we change skintone and hair using CC???
Field Researcher
#24 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 12:29 AM
Default Maxis Makeover - Patel Family
Hey guys!

I'm Ana Patel and I'm expecting my first baby! As you can probably tell, both me and my husband are really excited about becoming parents. We've both wanted this for a long time and now it's finally happening in just a matter of weeks!

The only thing is that well...because Ramir and I have been so busy in the past few months preparing for the baby's arrival, we haven't exactly taken care of our appearances as well as we might...

You see? We look old and frumpy!

I think both of us are in desperate need of a make-over....So I've applied for one with a nice beautician who lives in the apartment across from us!
We should be seeing the results any time soon....

Better?

We think so! At least now we'll look like the baby's parents, rather than it's grandparents!

Ramir is also very excited. He is being interviewed for a job as a chef, something which I know he has always wanted, and hopes that his new image will impress his interviewer. Personally I don't think his image will matter to them, because his cooking is delicious!

Anyway....

We're looking forward to our first summer with the baby, and are currently looking for a bigger house to expand our family! We want as many children as possible...Family is definitely the most important thing in life after all!

Field Researcher
#25 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 12:35 AM
Awww...I feel really sorry for you cavilez1987, stomach-flu is a really horrible thing to have. I hope you feel better soon.

Page 1 of 13