Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2007 at 11:57 PM
A New Chapter Cycle 3 ~ CLOSED! Reason Enclosed On Post #149

~*~*~*~

After a long and well deserved break, I have finally decided to step up and continue on with Cycle 3 of “A New Chapter” I hope you find this contest just as exciting as the first and second cycles.

I really would love to give credit to Plumeria330 who helped me design the main picture of my contest, thankyou

This time we are bringing children into the mix, something different yes, so if you consider yourself to love children than this contest will be for you.

I have given a title to the story this cycle, "The Escapee".

There will be a total of 4 rounds this cycle, it’s a very brief story as I wanted to condense it as much as I can.

I hope you will have as much fun as I will this cycle.

And let’s all begin a new chapter (insert smiley icon here)

With each photo there must be a short storyline, you can have anywhere as short as 1 line to a maximum of 4 lines.

Captions must always be in italic or bold please.

Please make sure for each entry that you include in the subject title the following please...

• The round that you are in
• Your sim’s name
• What option you have chosen

This must be done for every round otherwise I can not always distinguish the difference between each option and can be a mundane task for me and the judges.

STANDARD RULES

*Human sims can be entered only

*Sims of both gender are welcomed

*It is highly recommended that you create the parents of your main character’s sim aswell as their two main friends, it will save you less time in bodyshop

PHOTOSHOP POLICIES

I will not

*allow text in photos as it will distract myself and the judges from the picture, your captions should do all the talking.

~allow backgrounds of photos to be changed, this includes trying to add other sims in photos and move them about if this is possible (I am not a photoshop person, although I am not anti)

I will allow

*lighting changes to be made in photos.

~borders, please nothing to thick or heavy that distracts myself or the judges attention please, I have seen a few photos which has sticky tape edges, memory book style, I do not mind this.

*all photos must be in the largest size Maxis camera, I prefer all photos to be taken in game instead of the print screen option please, but if you must use the print screen option, please make sure that the mouse is not hovering over your sims which can display their name and definitely no plumbobs shown either, if you are trying to make the photo look unique, nice try *insert smiley wink icon*, but it will only lower your overall score.

THE GOLDEN RULE

Before I close I would like to say that I have one very important rule that I want to mention please.

Remember that everyone here is a part of a team, when one member doesn’t submit their entry you are letting the whole team down.

I understand that in so many aspects that you are here for winning purposes which is terrific, by all means achieve that goal!

For one member that doesn’t submit on time, they could let the whole team down which could mean unforseen circumstances of the contest closing! I am sure most of you do not want that to happen.

I ask anyone who is willing, eagerly and wanting to join, that once you do so, you enter in on time, we rely on you and everyone plays a special role in this contest even if you may not think so.

Think about the contestant before or after you or anyone for that fact, how would they feel if you decided to not submit an entry.

Enough with the pep talk, goodluck and all the best!

Remember to enter in before or on time and please don't let this rule scare you away, I have had too many contests that have flopped and a couple of contestants that haven't submitted on time and I am tired of the lack of contact that contestants have with myself if they can't submit an entry for some reason or will be delayed, so kept me updated at all times please via PM or this thread is all I am asking for.

Thankyou.

The application round will be open for 5-7 days and each round will be 4 days, with 2 days only for the judges to submit their results. Please enter on time or PM me if you need an extension for emergencies only.

Countdown Clock

Round 3 Closing

** All judges are required to be ready by the end of the round ending date for judging.

APPLICATION ROUND ~ 30th of May till 6th of June
ROUND 1[ ~ 7th of June till 11th of June **
ROUND 2 ~ 12th of June till 16th of June **
ROUND 3 ~ 17th of June till the 20th of June **
ROUND 4 ~ **

GUIDES TO WRITING A GOOD STORY

I have set up a little guide for the few who are unfamiliar with storytelling.

How To Write A Good Story

Picture Tutorial

I have listed an essential part of storytelling, the Hula Dance & More, thanks to Squinge if you prefer a hack free game, please do not download.

Squinge's Hula Dance & More

Also when decorating your scene make sure everything within the picture looks detailed, *hint* points will be awarded to those who put time and effort into decorating their scenes.

Here is an example:

Make sure all photos, have

*Depth
*Action
*Creativity
*Colour

~*~

APPLICATION ROUND ~ THE NEWS

OVERVIEW

Your sim child is eaves dropping on their parents conversation in the kitchen downstairs, your sim seats themselves leaning against the staircase banister. Words like “move” were heard and “Blossom Heights”. Your sim retreats upstairs and collapses on the bed and cries out not again.

RULES

* 3 photos minimum, 6 photos maximum

* 4 lines of text per picture ONLY (equates to 1 sentence) for a sentence to be whole you will need to preview your post, this will count as 1 sentence, so if you have extra space fire away.

~*~

ROUND 1 ~ ULTIMATUM

OVERVIEW

Your sim child is eaves dropping on their parents conversation in the kitchen downstairs, your sim seats themselves leaning against the staircase banister. Words like “move” were heard and “Blossom Heights”. Your sim retreats upstairs and collapses on the bed and cries out not again.

RULES

* 3 photos minimum, 6 photos maximum

* 6 lines of text per picture ONLY (equates to 1 sentence) for a sentence to be whole you will need to preview your post, this will count as 1 sentence, so if you have extra space fire away.

ROUND 1 OUTLINE

Your sim starts to pack their bags the following morning after eaves dropping on your sim's parents conversation and are all ready to move out. Your sim’s parents walk in on them in their bedroom with your sim's clothes sprawled/thrown across the room and suitcases lined up (neatly) against the wall, your sim’s parents are confused at first and ask for your sim to come down stairs.

Please chose from one of the following options

A. Your sim parents having a round about way of saying that they are leaving this town and you want them to get to the point

B. Your sim parents are open and honest about the situation and tell her that she can at least have 1 suitcase unpacked as it will be a while before the move

C. Your sim parents giggle at the site, and ask for your sim to go and get dressed into outwear and have some pancakes at the diner, you discuss it their of the plans to move, however your sim is allowed to make decisions of when to move.

~*~

ROUND 2 ~ AGAIN AND AGAIN

RULES

*Same as Round 1

OUTLINE

The day has come where your sim has moved again, the routine feels very dull and boring, both of your parents spend more and more time at work and your sim feels more alone as they come home from school to an empty house this time it feels like "the world is coming to an end" when your sim walks into the kitchen to find a note sticked on the fridge giving instructions on how to cook "How much more worse can get this???"

After your sim has had dinner they chose other activities to fill in their time.

A. Your sim becomes more attached to a friend that they had acquainted at school and is pleased that there is someone to talk to when they are home alone

B. Your sim kneels on the couch anxiously waiting for your parents arrival as you stare outside the window, your sim decides after almost an hour of waiting to grab their homework and sit outside amongst the garden and complete it, however thoughts of your new friend invade your mind

C. Your sim is totally annoyed about being dumped alone at home and is tired of finding notes on the fridge, she decides to get some water and take a stroll along the street, deciding whether or not to make an unexpected evening call to her friend.

~*~

ROUND 3 ~ ON THE RUN

RULES

*Same as Round 1 and 2

OUTLINE

Your sim is officially fed up, what used to be a big end of the world occurence finding notes pinned on the fridge became a regular ocurrence, your sim feels invicible and even a little "unloved".

Desperate times call for desperate measures and your sim does something unforgivable (this will follow accordingly to the options below, you are welcomed to have an action prior to your chosen option).

Your sims parents arrive home early that night and your sim is out somewhere and they are worried sick where your sim has gotten to.

One of your parents is about to call the police when...

A. Your sim is found at their friend’s house and is brought home immediately

B. After ringing up the police and searching for your sim, they find you asleep out on the garden with your school book beside you

C. Your sim comes home to an annoyed but relieved parents

~*~

3. Kaeru - Michael Wilkes ~ Application Round / Round 1 / Round 2

4. evlevnz92 - Mae Thompson ~ Application Round / Round 1 / Round 2

5. .~*Iris*~. - Lindsay Tranton ~ Application Round / Round 1 / Round 2

6. romyhorse - Che Watson ~ Application Round / Round 1 / Round 2

9. Spudjuice - Leonard Dante ~ Application Round / Round 1 / Round 2

10. PennyTheCorgi - Radley Burke's ~ Application Round / Round 1 / Round 2

~*~

1. Daltonism - Hayley Lituni ~ Application Round / Round 1 ELIMINATED

2. Julieth - Garron Pleasant ~ Application Round / Round 1 / DROPPED OUT

7. Kakashi_Hatake - Harley Ainsley ~ Application Round / DROPPED OUT

8. DontDieKThx - Toni Weston ~ Application Round / Round 1 / DISQUALIFIED

11. Liadan - Natalie Harman ~ Application Round / Round 1 / DROPPED OUT

~*~

Judges

FireAzor
Gerbera
Nukeya

Emergency Judges

Sizza

Auroraspirit :angel:
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st May 2007 at 4:11 AM
Approved 5.30.07
Ends 6.30.07

***Do NOT post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.***

Formerly known as boolPropped
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st May 2007 at 8:58 AM
Applications are open please feel free to ask any questions

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Test Subject
#4 Old 31st May 2007 at 11:17 AM
Yay! I'll enter wait for me!

Read True Hollywood Story! You'll love it I swear!!
#5 Old 31st May 2007 at 11:51 AM
Hey Aurora I'm not gonna be able to enter or judge, but I'm gonna be popping in to say hi and read the wonderful stories this contest always produces :D
Forum Resident
#6 Old 31st May 2007 at 1:38 PM
The main character has to be a kid, right?
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 31st May 2007 at 2:34 PM
Oh wow, I can;t wait to get my application in! Is age 12 okay? Or is that a little bit too old?
Inventor
#8 Old 31st May 2007 at 2:40 PM
OMG, yay! I missed this the last few times so I sooo have to join this time! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 31st May 2007 at 5:09 PM
Default Hayley Lituni

From inside: Are you sure Dylan? Moving again. What about Hayley?
She'll be fine. Or she better be. It's for her. She'll thank us when she's older.
My heart skipped a beat. Surely what I was hearing wasn't true. It couldn't be true - it just couldn't. Just when I've made friends - this happens. Typical. My parents are so selfish. So self-absorbed. So spiteful. I hate them, I hate them.

I backed away and hit the stairs, my sweaty palms sticking to the soft wood. And as I drew my hannds closer to my face, I realised that they were shivering. Shaking, what ever you want to call it. I just couldn't take it all in. Why were they doing this? Why? I wanted to roar there and then. Scream into the large corridor, send echos through the whole house.

I turned around, not daring to look back. I needed to get away and fast. I was meant to be studying in my room. I wasn't meant to be downstairs eves-dropping on them. Great. Just great. I fumbled up the first few stairs but then raced up the others. If my Dad found out that I'd been listening, there'd be trouble. For me and for my maid.

Once I got to my room I let rip all the anger I had had built up inside me for so long. "WHY ME?!" I screamed, looking for something to hurl accross the room. For years I was moved along in to each house, bigger than the next with a large group of maids to care to me. Every time I settled down I was up-rooted and sent on a train to my next cold shell. I couldn't call it home, and I can't call here home either.

I sat down on my bed, my mind racing. Planning, plotting. There had to be some way of getting myself out of this. I don't want to move again. I thought this might of been my first home. Truly my first home. And how I long for it to be. I never had somewhere to belong in my life. And this was going to be my place...

-----
I am sure this is wrong. I just have one of those feelings. Please tell me if is and I'll correct it right away.

MAJOR EDIT : I redid it cause I thought first person was a tad more interesting. If it's a little too long then tell me. I get a little over-passionate about my stories.
#10 Old 31st May 2007 at 8:04 PM
it's back again =D won't be able to enter, but i'll be judging! =)

get those entries in guys!
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 31st May 2007 at 9:10 PM
K, I'm done.
*gulp* First entry. Buergh. Every one will probably have some fabbo entries compared to mine.
But meh, at least I'll get an idea of the competition.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st May 2007 at 11:03 PM
Oh wow Dalton I love your entry, thankyou for being the first to enter I can't spot any faults what so ever with your entry, you've done a really wonderful effort and thankyou very much for participating.

We've got space for 1 more judge and 2 more emergency judges

Sizza: Yes, the main character is a kid

Thankyou so much everyone for your enthusiasm, I sincerely appreciate it and it will be good to have you enter Penny and we will wait for you Kiki, you've still got another 6 days before closing We'll wait and see how the popularity for this contest goes.

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 3:36 AM
Yay! I'm going in game right now! *dances*

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 11:29 AM
Thanks. I had to join this when I saw the title.
I love writing. But I'm in so many contests already. Ohwell. I'll manage. (I hope)
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 10:35 PM
That's awesome that you love to write and I'm glad you joined

We've got some minor problems though however, we don't have many people wanting to join the contest, I'm not going to panic at this stage as its picked up towards the end but hopefully we should have some progress within the next few days.

#16 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 11:26 PM
Omg Aurora!!! no no no I can't miss one of your contests again! They always fall during my exam period, but you know what?? what the h***!!

I'm entering this, I just HAVE to!! and kids!! woohoo!!

If I have trouble with time though, I understood in the rules that I can ask for extensions in case of emergencies, so if I find myself in a delicate situation (stuck between two exams) I'll PM you right away!

but if you think it's better that I don't enter so that I don't risk having to stop or delay everyone, please tell me...

so I still have 6 days to apply... hmm better get working!

by the way... how are you? haven't talk to you in a while!
Scholar
#17 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 11:42 PM
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 12:16 AM
Default Garron Pleasant, apps.

"Let's face it, Lil, we have to move. Our house is a dump, and it's still too close to your parents..." That was his father. Garron huddled behind the couch, glaring at the wall.
"But Garron...he's made friends here. We can't just uproot him like this. I mean, I want to get out of Pleasantview too, Dirk, but we barely see him as it is, and if we move, we'll have to work even more to afford a new house." His mother's voice quieted, and Garron strained to hear her words. "I love you, babe, but you have to face facts. We're not rich. We could afford Blossom Heights, but...not anywhere nice."

Garron had heard enough. Silently, he crawled from behind the couch, past the kitchen, into his bedroom. Shutting the door, he shoved his glasses back up onto his face. This wasn't happening, this couldn't be happening! His rage and frusteration built up until he had to stuff his fist into his mouth to keep from cursing his parents at the top of his lungs. How dare they? They didn't care about him. They were just trying to get away from his grandparents again...

They'd thrown his mom out of the house when they'd found her with Dad-Garron wasn't supposed to know what they were doing, but he knew anyway. Mom had gone to college and graduated, against all expectations. She'd married Dad and had him.
His grandparents came by the house constantly, telling her she was worthless, why couldn't she have been more like her sister. Once Garron had flown at them in a fury, and actually hit his grandfather Daniel before his mom had pulled them away. After that, his mother didn't open the door to them any more, but they still came around.

Garron fell onto his bed, tears running down his face. He'd never been good at making friends. He was a nerd, and an angry, poor one at that. Three strikes, you're out, as his dad used to say back when they played catch. He'd made only a few friends in Pleasentview. He'd never make any more in this new place.
His parents were still talking in the other room. Garron pressed his face into the pillow and whispered, "Please no, please don't make them move..."
He cried himself to sleep that night.

Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 8:42 AM
Wow! That's so good. And so different to mine. Mine is like rich girl moving and yours is poor boy moving. I lubb this! It's awesome.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 10:33 PM
Thanks, yours is awesome too! Now, to get some more entries to compliment...

Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 11:50 PM
Julieth: I'll let you get away with this time, but its 4-6 lines of text only per picture, be really careful to not exceed that next round otherwise you will get 1 point deduction per every extra line of text you write.

Kiki also asked me a really question and I want to leave this here for everyone to read.

Quote:
The overview for a new chapter uses parents but can it just be one parent... like the mom is running from an abusive husband??

As long as the parents are constantly in the picture that's fine, because they will be mentioned throughout the story, he can't up and leave her or visa versa, they must always be together at all times.

Iris: So sorry I didn't see your reply, I've been in quite a choas lately. That will be lovely to have you return :valentine Thankyou so much

Everyone: Keep up the great work everyone

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 6:36 AM
Ooh, crap...thanks for your leniency Aurora. I'm going to cut a bit out anyways, I think.

Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 9:15 AM
Will there be a set winner in this contest?
#24 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 10:17 AM
Default Michael Wilkes - Application

I sat behind the banister of the stairs, spying on my parents. There was something going on, 'cause they'd told me to go upstairs to play and stay there. That was plain weird. It was almost dinner time and all my parents were doing was talk. Suddenly, their hushed voices became louder. "Really?! Hun!", exclaimed Mom, "I can't believe they're making you a partner! And Blossom Heights, yes, that's not too far..."

I leaned far over the banister to get a better view, though I knew I risked getting caught. They were smiling, Dad was holding Mom's hand. I gulped. A.. a pro-promotion? Again! It couldn't be. "I KNOW!", Dad beamed, "And I feel a change of environment would be good for us all." Yes, sure he thought that! I felt tears in my eyes, I felt like I was bursting with anger. I had to get off before I started screaming.

I rushed to my room, terrified. We had been on the move since I could remember, and it hadn't mattered much - until now. I made friends easy, and that sort of thing, but they had promised me we'd stay here! I had begun school, I had real friends, I had a dog, it was supposed to be years till we'd move on!

I collapsed on my bed, crying like a little girl. I HATED THIS. I HATED THEM. I kept crying for a while, but then I sat up. I had done this before. I could do it again. I think?

I went to the bathroom to wash my face and attempted a little smile. I bet they were going to call me down in a minute and I was going to be a big boy. They always said I had to be.

---

I hope this is ok? It's been such a long time there was a story contest here so I'm really excited!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 4:20 AM
Mae Thompson
Haha, I won't drop out this time---swear it! =)

“Blossom Heights? It’s not fair to her, Marie,” I could hear my father whispering to my mother.
“I know, Dane. I don’t want this any more than you do.” I crossed my fingers and closed my eyes tight. Please don’t say it, please just don’t say that word...
“Well, I guess we’re moving.”

I didn’t cry–crying's for wimps. I attack. I raced upstairs to my room screaming into a pillow. I picked up the stress ball my therapist had given to me, and laughing bitterly, chucked it at the wall. This is why I need a therapist, I thought angrily.

I don't know what happend, but I couldn’t take it anymore. The tears just came bursting out of nowhere and I found myself laying on my bed, crying harder than I ever had before. “Not again!” I gasped. “Please, not again!”

(If the first picture is too photoshopped, just let me know and I'll change it. ^-^)

Page 1 of 6