Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 938 (Who?), Viewed: 85560 times.
Page 3 of 38
staff: retired moderator
#51 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 11:25 PM
:lurk: Congratulations, JocusDorkus. Your contest has been featured!

Formerly known as boolPropped
#52 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 11:26 PM
Woohoo! Congrats Jocus!

(bP you're suck a good lurker...you just need a black cloak and top hat LOL)
#53 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 11:27 PM
Jocus! Congratulations!

I personally haven't felt such a good vibe and such great energy in a contest in a while, so this is completely deserved.

^5 Jocus
Field Researcher
#54 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 11:32 PM
Yay Congratulation to you dear! ^_^

Visit my Dreamwidth for my latested uploads!
~Babbelsim~
#55 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 11:38 PM
WOW Destin I can't believe you want me to enter this! My photo's are mediocre at best compared to the skills of the people in this contest!
#56 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 11:49 PM
Jaime...the joy of a great challenge? LOL, don't sell yourself short
#57 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 11:51 PM
lol, I'll join, if I can get my game working, since it's so important to you
#58 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 11:54 PM
Yes Jaime! Please join! At the very least, you'll have fun. Don't ever sell yourself short. Take a risk. It's how you get better
Test Subject
Original Poster
#59 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 11:56 PM
OMG! I leave for a bit, and I find all these wonderful applications and good news!

Leigh, I'm so happy you applied, I love what you've got so far and I'm glad you're going for Architecture!

Destin, Sebastian is just absolutely striking, and that first photograph of the portfolio just gave me chills! Absolutely stunning and gorgeous!

Babble, I'm glad you've entered (thanks Destin for convincing her to join!). That first shot is just eye and jaw popping, and the last one, so beautiful and romantic! Yes, I do find it to be romantic! lol :P

Jessica, I must agree with Destin completely, that portrait is just unbelievable, it reminds me of that eternal portrait that was taken for National Geographic, of the Eastern woman. Just beautiful.

Magic, I completely understand so don't worry. Your contribution with the prizes are more than enough, again, thank you so much for that!

:jaw: Such an honor bP! :bow2: Thank you so much...you have no idea how excitedly I was squealing, even one of my nieces came into the room exclaiming if I found some hot guy on the net, then she just rolled her eyes when I explained that it was about my contest. Blah, what does she know, right?! LOL

Again, thank you so much, I really, really appreciate this, though most of the credit should be given to everyone who is participating and supporting this contest! :baloons: :grouphug:

You never know until you give it a shot Jaime, and how can you improve without practice, eh? Join! It'll be fun! Exactly what Destin and Magic have said! *waves a finger at Jamie's game to behave* I hope you do get it back soon! There's until next Saturday for the applications!

-Jocus Dorkus squealing about the house- :cowboy:

"The grey cells, the grey cells! They are my most potent friends!"
#60 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 11:57 PM
lol, I'm gonna join Magic! But like I told you, my game is currently a blank slate, all my sims are gone all my downloads, EVERYTHING. So I have to wait until I get that fixed.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 12:13 AM
This sounds like an awesome, challenging contest. I don't know if I'm capable of entering right now as I'm sort of in surgery recovery mode here, but I'm definitely going to watch this one, if nothing else! Great idea.
Test Subject
#62 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 12:17 AM
Default Anna Richmond - Application

Name - Anna Richmond
Genre - Portrait
Experience - 2 months - photo editing

Portfolio

Black Magic

Regret

Native

Dancing in the Moonlight

If the simmerized picture of the photographer is not allowed please let me know and il change it

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 12:24 AM
Default Julieth apps
Congrats on getting featured Jocus, I can see why!

Name: Julieth
Genre: glamour
Experience: Well, I've been in many a contest and I've even one a few. I've got a small ammount of image editing skill, even though my program isn't that great. I'm also very into art in real life, and I hope I can bring that to the sims! My god I sound full of myself...

Sample shots:

Click for full view

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
#64 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 12:29 AM
Ooo, I definately want to enter this! Just hope I can choose a category before time runs out XD
#65 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 12:30 AM
Yay Julieth is here! Love the pictures Julieth!

Rainbow: Great shots. I've always loved the second one
Test Subject
#66 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 12:36 AM
Thanks Magic :D

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.
DELETED POST
12th Jun 2007 at 12:38 AM
Default Tyler | Applicaiton Completed
This message has been deleted by Tyler_SC. Reason: Cheers!
staff: retired moderator
#67 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JocusDorkus
Such an honor bP! Thank you so much...you have no idea how excitedly I was squealing

Youre welcome. Its a very interesting and unique contest. You should be proud

Tyler your application looks great. All the colors caught my eye right away, and the last pose is awesome.

Formerly known as boolPropped
#68 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 12:48 AM
Thanks bP.
#69 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 12:49 AM
Jaime, great...I don't have to twist your arm anymore lol

rainbow
, lovely entry...the lighting and atmosphere in the last shot are perfect!

tyler, that second picture is fantastic! I love your sense of color and use of lighting effects too

Julieth, I love that first shot especially since I've seen the whole series.. very emotive

Jocus lol, congrats again...don't give me too much credit...this is a fabulous contest and people seem to be flocking to it for good reason
#70 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 12:51 AM
Thanks. Photography is one of my major hobbies off the computer so I always try to set realistic lighting.
Scholar
#71 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 1:10 AM
Default Zaggy's App

EDIT: Oooh.... yes congrats on being featured!!

Name: Zaggy
Genre of specialization: Portrait
Experience:very little... lol

Headshot:

Portfolio:

Forum Resident
#72 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 1:21 AM
OMG! everything looks so gorgeous! and the contest has been featured! YAY!!! Congrats Jocus!

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Instructor
#73 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 1:28 AM
Wow, I am loving all of these entries. I'm counting 14 entries so far! That's amazing to have gotten so many so quickly. Congratulations on the contest being featured Jocus!

Now I'm sure there are going to be many more applications, which leaves me with a question. Are there going to be application cuts?
Scholar
#74 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 2:29 AM
Default Cinamun ~ Application
Name: Cin
Genre of specialization: Conceptual
Experience: Mostly Black and white photography, some headshots.

..Portfolio/randomness..
First place winner in this contest
.:Facets:.

.:In the beginning:.

.:Hidden Moon:.

.:Untitled:.
(I simply had the model I was using try and emulate one of my favorite pictures of a fashion icon of the 60's, Twiggy)

Scholar
#75 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 2:37 AM
Default Emily Blake - Application
I coudn't resist this one....it looks like loads of fun! (Click pics for detailed image)

Name: Emily Blake
Genre of specialization: Portrait
Experience: About 6 months experience with photomanipulation and about 15 years experience with portraits and art in general.

Headshot

Portfolio

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 38

Section jump