Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 12:35 PM
Default Simville High: Class Reunion- Complete! Congrats to everyone!

"Welcome to all you Simvillers! I am your host, Kristofer Taylor, class of 2001 and I'd like to personally welcome all of you back. I know there's definitely many memories to share, but this class reunion won't be your traditional reunion get-together party. As many of you may have heard, I've spent some time doing a bit of modeling and most recently, spent some time in the Big Brother House. Having been inspired by my own recent accomplishments, I have decided to expand my horizons and host my own show. In honor of this year being our five year reunion, I am opening modeling applications to begin with the Simville High: Class of 2001.

To shake things up a bit, look at this as an opportunity to show all of those "bullies" or "haters" just how hot you've become! If you were known as the class clown, the geek, the nerd, the slob, or just want to show everyone how much you've changed, please join us! Miss out on being named homecoming or prom royalty? Here’s your second chance! Maybe you were the homecoming queen or the guy every girl was hoping to be asked to prom by…we'd love to see if you still have what it takes! That's right, there's room for the honeys and the hunks!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

From Kristofer's explanation, it may be a little difficult to understand exactly what's planned to happen here, and I want all those who want to join or who are thinking about joining, to know exactly what will be required beforehand. Things may be a bit different than your normal "beauty" contest, hopefully making it fun and interesting. There may also be rounds that include a small bit of storytelling.

Timeline:

Applications: July 18-July 25 (may be extended through first round if necessary)
Round One: "Remember When" July 23-July 29
Round Two: "Life Is Like a Box of Chocolates" July 30-August 4
Round Three: "That's What I'm Doing These Days" August 5-11
Round Four: Final Round: "If I Could Turn Back Time" August 13-18

*There will be eliminations for each of the rounds 1-4, but all pass through the application process. It's to be a "class reunion" type thing, so we want to actually get to see everyone again. *

**All rounds will close at 9PM Central Time to allow for me to pm judges**
***I have tried to grant enough time for each round to be completed. An hour or two extension may be possible, but please let me know in advance via PM if you will be needing one.***

The application and the first round will showcase your Sim as they were seen in high school or by whatever "stereotype" they left high school known as. They may have been the nerd, the jock, the tomboy….the sky's the limit…..just think of what kinds of stereotypes or cliques you find in a high school and fit your Sim into one. Only one person may be the homecoming queen/king and prom queen/king, so if you want one of those roles, they're first come first served! (Prom royalty is filled, but still room for homecoming) Whatever you choose, you will need to stick with it to the end though, so pick one you can have fun with! The other rounds will show your Sim as they are now, with maybe a bit of a twist. The rounds will pretty much be chronological..meaning, your teen pics will be in the first couple rounds, the adult at the end. Although, for the Application, you will need both as we want to see what you look like now.

Your Sim will be pictured as both a teen (HS senior: ages 17-19) and an adult (college grad-ish: ages 22-24), so Sims from the ages of teen through adult will be accepted. I am kind of going out on an “on-your-honor” limb here to change things up a bit, so I will give you a couple options. Please don’t abuse them!!

Option A: Seeing as how most people generally start their Sims off in Bodyshop, you may create a teen version of your Sim first. After the teen is created, you can clone that same Sim in Bodyshop, and then make the clone an adult. This will allow you to have both Sims available to you should you need. If you do this, however, you must use the SAME SIM for both. If, when it comes time for the adult portion, your Sims look nothing alike (this will be up to the judge’s discretion so be warned!) you may be eliminated. I want this to be a fun contest and enjoyable for all, but want it to be as fair as possible so am trying to be as detailed in laying it out as possible. I know some Sims can be slightly distorted with age transitions, but sometimes that’s the fun in it!
No plastic surgery please, keep them as they are!

Option B: Create your adult Sim and try to make them look like teens by way of clothes, hair, make-up (or lack thereof).

Option C: If you are wanting to use an in-game born Sim, you can use them as a teen, then age them to an adult/young adult or let them age naturally if they’re almost grown.

**However you choose to accomplish this is up to you, just please respect my wishes as the host and don’t alter your Sim between ages (apart from the obvious hair/make-up/clothes).**

That being said….onto the important stuff!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

All Sims must be your own work and creation. No using Sims from the contest sharing thread or ones you have downloaded anywhere else, even if you've tweaked 'em up. Your own creations only!

Again, please, no plastic surgery from HS to adult!! Be honest and fair!

You may enter up to two Sims (though, since beauty contests generally run a little heavy on the female side, if you are entering two Sims, at least one must be a male- think of it as an opportunity to step out of your comfort zone if you don’t generally model males )

Some photo-shopping will be required. While it will be required in some rounds, it won’t be anything too challenging. Mainly, you will be possibly resizing and cutting/pasting to combine more than one picture together. You are strongly encouraged to use in-game backgrounds in your pictures, rather than cutting your Sim out and putting them on a background you've found online. (Judging will include your creativity in the picture as a whole, so feel free to include that lime-green sofa you have yet to have found a use for but downloaded because it looked cool. :P)

Give your Sims a definite personality! Don’t forget, you want to make yourself remembered to your classmates! The more you can express your Sim's personality through answering confessionals, posing, backgrounds, clothes, etc, the better you will do! I will add as well, please think of the other applicants as your former class mates. For some of the confessionals/tasks, you may be asked about who you were most surprised to see or something of the sort. You can pick someone else to form a "storyline" with if you wish. For instance, maybe Jessica and Mary were best friends in high school and haven't seen each other since graduation. I want this to be a fun and interesting contest, not just an "I win, you lose" kind of thing, so be creative.

Have fun! Enjoy the contest! It is my goal with this contest, (my first time as a host) to have fun with everyone and hopefully give everyone who takes part, something to have fun with as well. If you have any questions, please send me a PM and I will do what I can to help you out. I know many of you are here for a star, but please remember while this is a competition, we are all here because this is something we enjoy. Don’t ruin it for others!

Judging: Remember five years ago? The prom/homecoming king and queen days? Who will reign this time around? My plan is for there to be a similar type of thing here: one male and one female winners as the king and queen, but that depends on how many people step up for a shot. Judging criteria will vary for each round, depending on the task assigned and will be PMed to the judges at the close of each round. The emphasis over all is mainly your creativity, how well you express your character's personality, how well you execute the assigned tasks, be it in picture AND through story.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

**If you would like to judge for the first (and hopefully not last) cycle of SCR, please send me a PM with which section you would like to judge (if it matters). Requests posted in the thread will not be granted. I will need at least two other judges for each section and will fill in if necessary.

For the Gals:
1. DarkPhoenix
2. JoanneDyer
3. Kakashi_Hatake

For the Guys:
1. Zaggytiddies
2. readysetgo88
3. SimsArtThat

Emergency Judges:
1. Mirokuswifey
2. Nukeya

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Prizes:

I will be making "class reunion" shirts (not sure if they'll be available to everyone or not though- still in progress of making them)

If you would like to donate something, I would be ever grateful! Just send me a PM and let me know! So far, we have the following donations to offer:

made by ThePolygotNerd

Name:

Family heritage/origin:
(German? English? Filipino? Native American?)

How long did you attend Simville?
(Maybe you went to Simville kindergarden through senior year, or maybe you came as a junior)

Current age:
(please keep it within age ranges specified above)

In high school, I was known as…
(who were you in high school? Band nerd? Football star? Remind us who you were)

In the last five years, I’ve…
(become a doctor? model? begun a family?)

The most memorable thing that happened to me in high school was…
(prom? tripped and fell down the steps next to the lockers? had a baby?)

Please include the following pictures for your Application:
1 Full-color head shot as a teen (think school pictures)
1 Full-color body shot as a teen (think senior pictures - you may use props to show your Sim's stereotype - ie: band nerd might have a bunch of instruments in the shot)
1 Full-color head shot as an adult

*Optional*
I would like to compile a "class picture" so if you would like to be included, please also submit a 3/4 or full body shot on a plain background as well

The Rounds
Round One Tasks

(moved to here)
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 3:21 AM
Approved 7.18.07
Ends 8.21.07 Extension Granted

***Do NOT post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.***

Formerly known as boolPropped
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 9:29 AM
Okie dokie...checking in! Looking forward to seeing your apps!

(Feel free to PM me if you have any questions as this is my first time hosting so have undoubtedly missed a few things. )
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 12:06 PM
Default Eve Oliver
Name: Eve Oliver

Family heritage/origin:
Scottish & Irish

How long did you attend Simville High?
I attented Simville High for 4 years; 9th through 12th grades and graduated with honors.

Current age: Just turned 23. (Happy Birthday to me!)

In high school, I was known as… The Prom Queen, the Straight-A student, Senior Class President, Head Cheerleader and all around over-achiever! I guess you could say that I was popular, but I don't think anyone would've call me stuck-up.

In the last five years, I’ve… I attended Sim State University, earning my degree in Fine arts, and graduated Summa Cum Laude (of course!). While in college I pledged and got into the Tri Var Sorority, being voted it's President in my Senior Year.
I'm now working as a Curator for the Simville Museum. I had a large part in the successful redesign of the new art displays throughout the Museum. The Board gave me a very handsome bonus for my effort, which I recently used to purchase my own first home! I have a guy I've been dating for a while now, but it is nothing too serious. I don't think either of us are quite ready to 'settle down'.

The most memorable thing that happened to me in high school was…Well, I would have to say that my most memorable time in high school was the night of our Senior Prom when I was named Prom Queen. It really was a shocker to me as I thought that Dana (my best friend) would win!

Eve As A Teen

Eve's Prom (Body Shot)

Adult Eve

Optional for group shot
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 12:15 PM
MissTech- Wow, you're quick! Welcome aboard, I'll add ya to the list! She's very pretty-love the hair!
Instructor
#6 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 12:43 PM
Thank you! Had this lovely young lady in my game just waiting for the right contest to enter. Yours opened and so did the other one I was interested in, so I had to make a choice.... Chose this! :D

(I get up at like 5am EST, so I am always early! LOL!)
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 12:50 PM
Glad to have you! Hopefully you won't be disappointed in your choice. I work 3rd shift, so much of my time on will be on in the evening/overnight and mornings/early afternoon (CST).

*edit*

For those wondering, in making this, it SHOULD have been class of 2002 to be 5 yrs, but being a graduate of 2001, that was all I could think of apparently. Sims isn't reality though, right? So it COULD make sense in Sim years? :P
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 2:11 PM
Awesome contest idea Nukeya!

Hmm...Let me think......Okay! I thought it long and hard () and I'm going to join! My entry should be up by today!
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 2:25 PM
Yay! Welcome Dreamer91, glad to have you. Kristofer anxiously awaits the unveiling of another former classmate
#10 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 3:46 PM
This is awesome! I'm definitley going to enter!
#11 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 4:17 PM
Default Rory Carr - Application
Name: Rory Eliah Carr

Family heritage: Wealthy British

How long did you attend Simville High: I transferred to Simsville in the middle of sophmore year after having been kicked out of my local HS for being drunk on campus.

Current age: 23

In high school, I was known as... the cute rebel, who sweet-talked himself out of most trouble. I was also the prom king and a decent basketball jock.

In the last five years I've... lived! Mum thought it'd do me good to go to college in London, like she did. A change of place, new friends maybe. London was great, but not really the influence Mum had hoped. I made the best of friends, saw the greatest musicals, drank enough beer for a lifetime, partied at the best places with the prettiest girls. The summers I spent cruising the Mediterranean with like-minded chaps. Now I have a BSc in Economics and am back in the 'hood, expected to grow up and take a position in the family firm. As if! I'm the same as always and nowhere near ready to settle down.

The most memorable thing that happened to me in high school was... prom. Being royalty suits me just fine and the night didn't end until six am the next morning, after the after-party and the after-party after-party in a hotel room for just two... which was then interrupted by a group of friends... poor girl, I think it was her first time.

Yea, that beard looks a little ridiculous now. But back in 2001 all the girls wanted to feel it!

I wasn't about to pose in our basketball team's outfit - if a man's got abs, a man should showcase 'em. (Click for a better quality picture)

I may look nicer these days, but I'm forever a teenage rebel at heart.

---

Yup, just realised the "think school pictures" -part. Will possibly change the first picture into something where Rory has his shirt on. I just had to enter this, it looks like a great contest, and I was rushing to be the first jock/prom king. :D
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 4:45 PM
Default Application - Sophia Davids
[CENTER]Name: Sophia Davids

Family heritage/origin: White / My family is quite a "melting pot", we've got family members all over the world, mostly in Central and Western Europe

How long did you attend Simville: The whole time, from beginning to end. And lookig back, I must say that it was a cool time!

Current age: 23

In high school, I was known as: the nerdy red-head from the school-paper, quite good actress (I was in the drama club as well)

In the last five years, I’ve: made my degrees in Cultural studies and in Astronomy (couldn't decide for one) and am currently working for the Simsville Times, though I still hope the Space Agency will give me a chance ... Oh, and I started surfing, it's so much fun!

The most memorable thing that happened to me in high school was: finding stink-bombs in my locker, those stupid jocks found that funny ...

Head as a teenager:

Full Body as a teenager:

Head as an adult:

Optional picture:

#13 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 4:49 PM
Hmm..I really want to enter this!!! This looks like so much fun! Is it ok if I go ahead and type my info, and post my pics later on???
Field Researcher
#14 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 5:32 PM
I'm having a teen-sim time right now so I may just enter - don't be annoyed if I don't get round to it...Good luck to everybody! :D

"Life isn’t like coursework, baby. It’s one damn essay crisis after another."
Boris Johnson

"By Jove! Which is always to say, by myself."
Caligula; I, Claudius
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 5:38 PM
Welcome PikakeNikole, Kaeru, Gerbera and Belle! Thanks for joinin-I'll add ya to the list. *does the happy dance-another guy! Kris won't feel so outnumbered now*

To those posting just their written parts of the apps- the mods have been crackin down on deleting posts without at least one picture. Hope yours isn't one of them! Please try to get at least one of your pics in with the text when you enter.
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 5:39 PM
psst. Do they have to be 100% human? *pets her half-breeds*
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HondaKatsuya
psst. Do they have to be 100% human? *pets her half-breeds*

To be honest, hadn't really thought about allowing anything but humans, but allowing others may make things interesting, so sure. Humans, elves, fantasy-types, etc are okay.
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukeya
To be honest, hadn't really thought about allowing anything but humans, but allowing others may make things interesting, so sure. Humans, elves, fantasy-types, etc are okay.

^_^ yay! I'll enter when I get home from work tonight then. See you later~
#19 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 5:59 PM
I might enter someone myself, I'll pick who when I get home from work later on .
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 6:11 PM
The entries so far are awesome everyone! I love your stories and you've done well giving your "classmates" definate personalities. Keep up the good work!

Those who still want to make adjustments to pics or change them up, you're free to do so until apps close.

NOTE: We have our prom royalty- Eve and Rory, though homecoming is still available if anyone opts for that.
#21 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 6:13 PM
I hope they don't delete my post!!! I'll be home in a few minutes. I'll have em posted then!
retired moderator
#22 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 6:47 PM
Default boolPropped|Application
Name: Addison "Ace" Ruby
Family Heritage: Greek
Current Age: 24

How long did you attend Simville? Ive been going to this school since I was right out of diapers. Well not really, but it seems like it: kindergarten through my senior year!
In High School, I was known as... the musician. I remember stealing the best instruments during music class, even in kindergarten!
In the last five years, Ive... graduated from Sim State University of Music and Arts, met and married my beautiful wife and even started my own record label! Not only has my band put out our first CD, but Ive also amassed over 35 musicians who have signed to my label. Life is good!
The most memorable thing that happened to me in high school was... definitely prom night. No, its not what you think! My band played during the dance, and it was a blast. I remember Eve Oliver being crowned Prom Queen, and everyone was surprised since we all thought that Dana would win. Eve was so happy. Then Rory Carr got in trouble that night for spiking the punch, but he got out of it - I dont know how. That guy was, and still is, one of my best friends. We got into a lot of trouble Prom night! It was one of the best nights of my life.

Headshot - Teen
Bodyshot - Teen
Headshot - Adult
Optional Shot*

Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 6:58 PM
Welcome, boolPropped! Good to see ya aboard (though makes me a bit more nervous to have a mod in the mix :P) I'll add ya to the list, and thanks for another male!
retired moderator
#24 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 7:03 PM
Youre welcome and no need to be nervous. Im a very nice person once you get to know me :p

#25 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 7:59 PM
Default Shelby Sado
Name

Shelby Sado [Sado Shelby]

Family Heritage

1/2 Mexican, 1/2 Japanese

How long did you attend Simville?

8th Grade - Senior

Current Age

In high school, I was known as…

I was known as alot of different things in High School...I was in the drama club, and that was probably the most I ever spoke aloud in public; when I was on stage. My favourite role had to be the tragic hero Hamlet. I just had so much fun with that! Especially when he is supposed to feign insanity! I kind of suprised people with that talent. some I guess, were under the impression I was a mute and just wanted to be left alone so that I might brood, but the was far from the kind of person I was. I was a band geek, and I personally loved Marching Band, I got picked on alot and called a few derogatory things because I chose to play the flute and piccolo. It didn't bother me much...I loved it, I wasn't about to let a few ignorant people drive me away from my passion. I only had a couple of close friends, 3 or 4 at most and the majority of them were girls. I didn't date really, I tried dating one of my close girl friends but we valued frindship more so that didn't last long. I was the stong, silent type and I was always writing. I guess you can say I will be remembered for multiple things.

In the last five years, I’ve…

...done things that mose people can't do in an entire lifetime. I went to college for a few years and got a bachelors in art and music, I've been in and out of a couple of bands, singing mostly because the flute and piccolo are all I can play aside from a bit of keyboards and syntesizers. I went back-packing across South America for three months and got to see rainforests in Brazil, which were breathtaking. I travelled to Europe for four and a half months and saw some of the most fantastic things on earth. Like my younger days I haven't dated much. I've been on a few blind dates, and one girl...I guess you could call her my steady girlfriend, I've been calling and hanging out with alot. She made me a fantastic dinner on our fifth date and I think that's kind of what kept me hooked to her. I love a good chef, and besides, since then I've discovered a ton of redeeming qualities to her. I've written a couple of songs, and an indy band, only pretty famous around my area, picked up on one of them; paid me $150 to let them play it. I would have given it to them for free just to hear it performed. I've done a little volunteer work, cleaning up roadways...restoring parks, planting trees and the lot. I think I just want to get a taste of a little bit of everything before I decide on what I want to spend the rest of my life on. You only have one life, you know?

The most memorable thing that happened to me in high school was…

Well, prom was pretty memorable...not in a positive way I guess. I went with my best girl-friend, the one I mentioned before, and that was where we kind of "broke-up", and I ended up spending the night with my only guy friend, and sadly enough all the jocks that saw us together thought we had come together, so I got alot of hell about that. I also remember spending four hours locked in the football lockers...until the gym coach found me and let me out. No one got in trouble for that.

Please include the following pictures for your Application

Teen Head-Shot

Teen Body-Shot

Adult Head Shot

*Optional*

Page 1 of 18