Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 7:50 PM
Default Sim City Kids 2007-Cycle 1-Final Round-Results posted!
Sim City Kids 2007-Cycle 1

Welcome to the first ever contest for kids! There aren't alot of these out there so I decided to give it a go, it's a contest strictly for those child sims of ours that get overlooked so much. Does your sim child have what it takes to be Sim city Kid 2007?

Rules
-If you want to be a judge or an EJ, pm me.
-no sim stealing or downloading sims
-Please place sims name and round in the title bar
-Sim must be a child, no toddlers, teens, or adults
-photoshopping, borders and photo-brightening only
-Two entries per contestant, twins will count as one entry
-Twins, triplets, quads and singles allowed
-If for any reason you are unable to get your entry in on time,
PM me and let me know. I'll give you a small extension if time allows.
-Sims can be MALE or FEMALE
-Sim does not need to be human, they can be elves, alien, etc..

Application Requirements
Name
Ages
Likes and dislikes
Small Biography

-5 pictures of your sim kid(s)total
-Three pictures of your kids(s)Alone
(if you have twins, Triplets or quads you can put them in the pictures together)
-One freeshot of your sim kids favorite activity(Swimming, video games, reading, etc)
-one freeshot of your sim kid(This can be anything, with a pet, family member, older brother or sister, or your sim kid just being a goof ))

Judges
1.Daltonism
2.Kakashi_Hatake
3.Stormy

EJ(s)
1.HondaKatsuya
2.cozingball

Prizes-Accepting donations.
Prize from Honda

Contest dates-7/25/2007-8/25/2007

Rounds
Applications-7/25-8/7/07-CLOSED
Round 1-Fun in the Summer-8/9-8/14-CLOSED
Round 2-Fashion Frenzy-8/15-8/19-CLOSED
Round 3-Sim City Kid!-8/20-8/25-CLOSED
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 11:55 PM
Contest Approved
Begins 7.25.07
Ends 8.27.07
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • REMEMBER that the Picture Posting Guidelines apply to the contest forum as well. If your pictures violate these rules, your pictures will be deleted and you will be alerted/warned.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 12:00 AM
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 12:03 AM
I'm so entering this one! I'll be back in awhile with my App.

PixieDust_Fairy

The First Time I saw him....I knew he was the one.
Currently:A Model.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 1:37 AM
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 6:50 AM
Okay I'm dumb. lol. Is that 10 pictures in total or do you mean something else? I better get this clear before I start getting my entry togethers.
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 7:16 AM
lol no it's 5 pictures total

3-of your sim kid alone
-One freeshot of your sim kids favorite activity(Swimming, video games, reading, etc)
-one freeshot of your sim kid(This can be anything, with a pet, family member, older brother or sister, or your sim kid just being a goof ))
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 7:19 AM
Ooooh. Riiight. I see!
Okay. Sorry. n.n
K, well I'm off to start my application. x3
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 7:35 AM
Okay everyone if you know of anyone who wants to judge we've got 1 EJ space left and three more judge spots left. PM me if interested, I don't want the thread clogged up with people asking .
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 11:51 PM
I'll enter, save me a spot =]
#11 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 5:51 PM
im going to enter just let me get the pictures toghter
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 6:20 PM
I hope we get some more entries and judges soon. I may keep the applications open until the end of round 1.
#13 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 4:02 AM
Default Kyoko Fleurante

Name:

Kyoko Fleurante
Likes and dislikes:
I like Swimming, drawing, cooking, practicing the piano and playing with my little sister.
I don't like bugs, mean teachers
Small Biography:
Hi. My name is Kyoko. I'm 10 years old. Purple is my favorite color. I have a little sister name Aiko and I lover her sooooo much. She and I live with our mom in New York. I love to entertain. Some of my teachers say it's my calling, they also say I'm wise beyond my years. Watching my mom raise my sister and me alone, I'm not afraid to step up and help around the house. Where most kids my age have to be bribed or forced to do things like doing dishes, or taking out trash I love doing them for my mom. She always put Aiko and me before here, and I want to show her that I am greatful

*PiCTURES COMMiNG S00N*
me just being me:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/kyokojump.jpg

random shot mommy took:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/KyokoBody.jpg

Me writing in my diary:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../kyokodiary.jpg

My sister and me: =]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/KyokoAiko.png

Me Cooking:
My muffins are yummy
=]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/KyokoCook.png

#14 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 1:33 PM
Tania shes beautiful
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 3:57 PM
I've got one entry and it looks great, I do need one more judge and alot more entries if this contest is going to fly. And from the looks of things it's not looking so good . I'll have to get rid of 1 round and keep the applications open a week longer, I guess. If noone enters after that well, It'll just be a lost cause.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 4:07 PM
Hi guys!
I'm one of your judges! Woot! Kyoko is really cute! SO come on people! We need loads more entries!
Daltonism
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 4:38 PM
Default Chihiro Limbourne
Name:
Chihiro Limbourne
Likes and Dislikes
Enjoys watching anime, cosplaying, drawing anime, and reading manga. Also enjoys riding horses and playing with her sister.
Small Biography
Hiya I'm Chihiro Limbourne. My parents named me after a Hayao Miyazaki movie character. She's about my age also! -giggle- I live in Tokyo, Japan with my daddy, Mother, and sister!

That's me looking at the time. It was 2:00 a.m. in the morning. I'm in my Shippo/Shippou PJs! ^^

Me and Sis in the morning. I had to make breakfast cause Mom and Dad were still asleep. Then, we watched Inuyasha/Inu-Yasha/InuYasha until Mom woke up.
#18 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 8:21 PM
yay im a judge

Inucrazy101: good entry
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 11:24 PM
I'm DEF entering, I should have my app in today !
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 4:46 AM
Default Jade and Melody
My entry is officially finished
Name Jade and Melody
Ages 8 1/2
Likes and dislikes Jade and Melody both love music, art, and cooking. Melody stays true to her name, and is a great pianist. Jade loves to cook in her very own personal oven, and both girls enjoy painting side by side, but these girls aren't perfect, they can't stand school. They hate homework, and they dread the honking bus. Even so, they both maintain B+ averages so that they may maintain the more pleasurable activities as well.
Small Biography Jade and Melody are probably the luckiest twins in the entire hard drive! Their parents; Emma, and Andrew, love their girls more than anything; and designed their house to accommodate the girls. The entire first floor of their home consist of a large bedroom, a bathroom, and a great play room! From their doll house, to their Plasma TV, all the way to their piano and pool, these girls have everything they could ever dream of. Outside of their play room is a flight of stairs that lead to their parent's balcony, where they enjoy every meal along with their parents.
Jade is the lovely young lady in orange, and Melody has straw-berry tinted hair.
Picture 1: The girls love playing house together.
Picture 2: Jade and Melody have a great relationship with their parents too!
Picture Three:Jade and Melody are best friends- they tell each other everything!

Jade's activity shot : Jade loves playing Tea Party with her dad! This is one of her serving him a big plate of her famous invisible cookies!

Melody's activity shot: Melody loves playing the piano! Everyone tells her she's a natural!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 6:31 AM
Hey, I just have a suggestion : If we don't get more entires, then we could approach this in a different manner : No one gets eliminated, everyone does every round, and gets scored on each round, then at the end we'll see who's the winner based on amount of points. May I ask what the other rounds are?
Like, the goal of the rounds? just pictures?

Thankss
#22 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 12:29 PM
Mysticrose_x3 i love your application with jade and melody
#23 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 2:11 PM
I can judge =]
#24 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 2:16 PM
I think I'll enter
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 6:33 PM
The entries I've got so far look great , and with the way things are going I'm going to eliminate 1 round and keep applications open another week. As long as we have at least 10 entries we can move on, I'm thinking there most likely won't be eliminations for the rounds. But there will be points give for each round and whoever has the most points at the end will win, but that depends on how many enter . I've extended the applications to 8/7/07, and have eliminated one of the rounds.

The other Rounds are listed in the first post, as for the goals there won't be much story telling. Maybe a few captions but nothing too word heavy, also photoshopping or photo-editing is up to the people who enter, alot or a little? Up to you . I usually post the requirements when the round starts so when round 1 starts everyone will know what they have to do and how many photos, it won't be more than 4 though.

Page 1 of 8