Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 9:33 PM
Default Capture This~Project Antigua~Winner Announced
Welcome everyone to my first contest here at S2C, one I’m hoping will be a continuing series!

Meet Boyd DeBeers, real-estate tycoon and CIO of Vacation Ventures L.L.C.
At his beckon call are his design team, Sasha Barren and Cassandra Mulberry.

Not only is Boyd handsome and a shrewd business man, he’s rolling in cash and buying up property all over the globe. He specializes in turning these properties into Five Star vacation destinations, commanding as much as $1000 per night just to have the pleasure of relaxing there.

The Contest: Vacation Ventures has just purchased another property, this one in beautiful Antigua.

The team is searching for another designer to join the group and renovate the property into a boutique hotel, soon to be named "Villa Del Sol". After application, you’ll receive the Antigua property (All Maxis Made) and you’ll need to place it seaside in a neighborhood of your choice. At the beginning of each round a series of photos that represent what Vacation Ventures wants this property to be will be posted. Those photos will represent that particular rounds work to be completed. The objective is to use the photos to decorate the rooms or exterior design and landscape of the property. You must use the photos to capture the room or exterior scene as close to the photo as possible. This means furniture pieces, furniture placement, colors and landscaping. For each round, you'll be asked to submit the required photos of each room/area that you designed along with a brief explanation on how you Captured This
photo series and what was challenging/rewarding about doing so.

Judges will base their scores on how well you observed the layout of the room, placement of furnishings, how well you followed the color scheme as well as following the overall theme of the contest.

Example: This is an example of a suite, please re-create this suite for this round, place the furniture as shown in the photos, you may use wall covering of your choosing. When completed, photograph your room from two angles and explain how you captured this room.

This contest requires extensive use of custom content and the ability to follow directions! You will be designing the following:

Exterior and grounds, including social space
(lounges, dining, pools, spas, etc.)
The lobby
3 Suites, including sitting areas and baths

You will have unlimited funds and can place walls, doors, pools and landscaping, entrances/exits anyway you desire as long as you keep the exterior walls intact and leave room to complete all the needed rooms/areas for each round. At the end of this competition, you’ll have learned new decorating skills, perhaps picked up some great custom content along the way and will have a beautiful lot for your playing enjoyment.

If you’re good enough, you’ll get an offer to join Vacation Ventures, an opportunity of a lifetime.

Grand Prize: A Two Month Paid Subscription to ~The Sims Resource~
~Drew~
made by our lovely judge Cari4003

~Corinne~
also by our lovely judge Cari4003

Rules:
Please do not join this contest if you don’t have the fortitude to complete, I'm planning for this contest to last 4 weeks, including the approximately five days for applications

Only one entry per contestant
All entrants must complete rounds by the stated time~All times will be listed as Central Standard Time (C.S.T.)
Photoshopping~limit used, only sharpening, boarders and text allowed
Photos should be no more than 650x550

Application Round Requirements:
All applications are due by Friday, 8/10 by 7:00 p.m. C.S.T.

Name
Photo of designer working on a project(Sim must be your own creation!)
Please include a photo and brief explanation of a particular room that represents your talent and qualifications to join Vacation Ventures L.L.C.

Round 1~Exterior front lawn, lobby area~Scores
Round 2~Guest Suites~Scores
Round 3, Exterior landscape, social areas~Scores

Our Competing Designers:
1. Pinklily Application Disqualified
2. Hencing Application~Round 1 Withdrawn
due to computer problems
3. Koolaid Application Disqualified
4.Denise0 Application~Round 1 Withdrawn
6.Nappyfro81 Application~Round 1 Withdrawn
8. Brooke Lynn Application Disqualified
10. JoanneDyer Application Withdrawn

~Judges~
1. Ms. Simbodies
2. Tyana
3. Cari4003
Emergency Judges:
1.cassieandra
2. GalaticSimmer94
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 8:52 PM
Contest Approved
Begins 8.2.07
Ends 9.2.07
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • REMEMBER that the Picture Posting Guidelines apply to the contest forum as well. If your pictures violate these rules, your pictures will be deleted and you will be alerted/warned.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 10:34 PM
Great, lets get this started. Please, looking for two experienced and committed judges and two as emergency/back-ups. Message me if interested.
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 6:19 AM
Sounds fun. Now that I have my gaming pc back, I can start joining contests.

But unless you've already worked something out with BP, contests can only be 4 weeks in length: "I'm planning for this contest to last 5 weeks"
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 1:44 PM
Coldfloral, hope you can join us. I'm checking on the duration question now. If in fact we are limited to four weeks, we'll have many aspects of the design phase packed into three rounds, each a week in length. Thanks for pointing this out.

Looking for one more dedicated judge and at least one emergency judge. Please message me if interested!
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 1:58 PM
Is this contest going to be really hard?

This is the way you left me,I'm not pretending. No hope, no love, no glory, No Happy Ending.
This is the way that we love, Like it's forever.
Then live the rest of our life,But not together.
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 11:29 PM
I don't think it will be hard, you'll have to follow the picture guidelines so you may find that easier than making up your own rooms but you will have to go and search for custom content (which, personally I find the most fun) to replicate the photo furnishings/decorations, if you don't already have the appropriate content.

still looking for at least one emergency judge.
Instructor
#8 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 1:52 AM
I'll be an EJ if you want!

Cassie

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
Forum Resident
#9 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 4:56 PM
I like the idea! Count me in.

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 6:57 PM
You can count me in too Ill have an app up later on today some time!! I'm looking forward to this being my first contest over here

Visit my site http://geocities.com/fairy_goddess922/

I love Plumbob!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 10:10 PM
This sounds fun! I might try this. =^_^=
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 11:28 PM
Well done on your first contest Ms.Simbodies

This looks such fun, I've always failed miserably whenever I tried to replicate a photo whilst Simming so it'll be a challenge, but I'll definately give it a shot.

I'll probably be able to get my app done tomorrow at some time.

Hencing
#13 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 6:17 AM
This sounds like an awesome contest!! I'm def applying!
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 2:30 PM
Great, can't wait to see all of your entries. Aside from the photos you'll be replicating, there will be plenty of opportunity for some "free styling" of your own.
#15 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 5:50 PM
I am in I love the home makover's they are so fun to do.
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 10:52 PM
I love this contest! But, I do have a question-probably a stupid one, LOL

Do we have to remake the rooms in the pictures that you will be posted EXACTLY? OR are we suppossed to view the room and then make our version of that?

I am so excited, please get back to me as soon as you can,

Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by ms. simbodies
Great, can't wait to see all of your entries. Aside from the photos you'll be replicating, there will be plenty of opportunity for some "free styling" of your own.

Nevermind, you had answered my question already.

Thanks!

MUWAHS, Im off to get my application done YIPEEEEEE!
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 11:08 PM
Great, can't wait to see your applications!

Pinklily, you will be given photos and the objective is to match the furniture that is in the photo (as closely as you can), the furniture placement in the room, and the color scheme. In some cases, I might say that you can pick the wall color or flooring, or add a particular piece of furniture that might not be in the photo, or to expand on what's in the photo in some way. At any rate, it will be a mix.
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 5:16 AM
Default Chloe Landgrabb: Round One
Name: Chloe Landgrabb
Design Experience: I have designed on a small scale, the biggest job being the Landgrabb mansion.

I am a mother of twins, and of course I personally designed their nusery. This was a real treat for me, I love the whimsical feel of a child's playroom.

The first, and biggest account that I have had as a designer was the Landgrabb mansion. It was pretty outdated but I was able to keep a classic feel to the place, while adding slightly feminine touches. Decorating a bachelor pad isn't always the easiest jobs, most struggle to keep ahold of old armchairs and leather couches. But, I was able to do some wonderful things for a magnificent house! Here is the formal dining area; an imported baby grand, beautiful chenille arm chairs, and a lovely Portuguese needlepoint rug bring a certain worldliness to the room.

A massive elephant print flanks the oppossite wall. Elephants are known to bring one good luck and the strength of this print announces male territory. On the right you can see a flicker of the faux-ivory chandelier made to look like the tusks of an elephant. This peice really brings the room tegether.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 8:57 PM
Default Evie Kendrick - Application
Evie Kendrick, aged 26, head of Hidden Treasure Designs.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/hencing/evie.jpg

I started out in the industry working for my uncle and his building company by furnishing showhomes. After a couple of years, it was then I decided to go it alone and start my own interior design business, Hidden Treasure Designs. The business is young, at only eighteen months old, but clients are steady and my portfolio is quickly filling up.

This particular room is part of one of my first projects and to date is one of my most successful. The pale walls set off the darker tones of browns and tans which I brought in to create a wild theme. To create a focal point I introduced a fireplace in order to invite a comfortable place where my client could relax after a long day. Overall the design came to quite contemporary which is something I like to replicate in a lot of my work, modern yet homely.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/wholeroom.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/fireplace.jpg
Field Researcher
#20 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 2:12 AM
Great job pinkLily and Hencing!
#21 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 4:49 AM
Sims name : Tiffany Benz
Desine style: i love modrn look and can work in any size space

Here you can see my in the bathroom that im working on now

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c...verheadshot.gif
This is an voer head shot of a new master room that im wokring on for our new house.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c...s/longeshot.gif
Here you can see the sitting area i had set up for me and the hubby to just sit back and and read a book toget her with a veiw out the window.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c.../Closetshot.gif
Here you can see the dresser/makeup area i wanted this to notbe incolse so i use half wall to make it its own spot but that its not closed off from the rest of the room.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c...ags/bedshot.gif
Here you can see the sleeping area i really love how this trned out. its just the right size and stuff to make sleeping like haven

This is my lastest work on a master bedroom

Rest of pics soon to come
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 6:00 AM
Thanks Cari! This is my second contest I have entered so far, the first one is a beauty contest and boy its tough!

I promise my pictures from here on out will be bigger-I'm new to all this so don't expect perfection. I kind of like diving into things and figuring it out as I go!
Scholar
#23 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 12:24 PM
When do applications end? I couldn't see it anywhere. I'm going to try and get an entry in but I have a couple of other contest entries to do first.
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 3:14 PM
Great Romy, I will take applications until Friday evening 7:00 C.S.T., hope you can join us.

Pinklily, Hencing and Koolaid.......just lovely applications, thanks for joining.
#25 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 5:03 PM
Sounds great! I was waiting for this sort of opportunity for a long time. And now I actually have it, and tons of free time as well. So I'm definitely in.
Edit: which addons do I need to install your lot? Cause I only have Pets and Seasons already installed, but I have distribs for others if needed.

Page 1 of 8