Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 10:34 PM
Houses with Beauty Cycle 2!~ And the WINNER IS....

Welcome back to House with Beauty! In the first cycle there was 5 contestants entering round 3 and the winner was SimsArtThat, congrats again and to everybody who joined my first contest! Once again I am your host Chrsty, in this contest is all about decorating…big, big rooms, big stuff, and big imagination so hop on that plane and soar! Now let’s get into the other Contest stuff!

Rules:
I am gonna let you be free for this cycle but with some stuff that you need to know-
~Please do not be mean to each other
(sarcastic is okay; just make sure they know )
~Only 1-2 entry per a person
~Photoshop is allowed, do anything to your pictures!
~FOLLOW forum and contest RULES

The People of The Contest!
~Judges~
1. honeynutcows
2. msnicolejones
3. KrisD

~EJs~
1. BusterBrown
2. Chrstyfarie07

If you would like to judge my *cough*LOVELY*cough* contest, feel free to PM me or asked me here.

Contestant List in the next post .

And last but not least…Your Applications, you need to have:

Name of your designer(s):
Decorating Style(s):
And 2-3 pictures of a naked monkey! Lol, just kidding you need 2-3 pictures of your sim and/or a room that you think was your most awesome work!
AND IF you want an avatar please add a nice wonderful head shot of your sim(s).

~Prizes~
A under your user name!

First place will also get a set of Posters by the wonderful mangnoliae!

1st and 2nd Place will get an AWESOME lot by kattenijin!

Everyone will get a poster made by the wonderful honeynutcows! But once eliminated you can't get anymore :D.

And
Donations are welcomed! Or actually PLEASE DONATE! I’M BEGGING YOU :D!

Music to Inspire You (all instrumental)!
The Way I Are (fast tempo)
Unfaithful (slow tempo)
Irreplaceable (slow tempo)
Say It Right (fast tempo)
What Goes Around Comes Around (slow tempo)

Don't need to watch them, just listen :D. Even if the are some Hip Hop etc. songs they have very good instruments in there . If you can't listen to them while playing, try to listen to them before going in there and trust me, they give you tons of idea and I may tell you to design something to match a mood. Some of these music matches moods .
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 8:42 PM
Contest Approved
Begins 9.25.07
Ends 10.27.07 (Extension Granted)
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • REMEMBER that the Picture Posting Guidelines apply to the contest forum as well. If your pictures violate these rules, your pictures will be deleted and you will be alerted/warned.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 12:46 AM
I-I-I'm CHECKING IN! So bring on the entries and I will answer any questions if you have any :D.

~The Wonderful Contestants~
1. Ellana Levant (sawcat6@earthlink. net)- Round 1 +10- Round 2-Round 3- Final Round
2. Chae Murdoch (romyhorse)- Round 1 +10- Round 2- Round 3- Final Round
3. Sophia Black (~missie~)- Round 1- Round 2- Round 3- Final Round

Dropped Outs and No Shows:

Kennith Young (kattenijin) Dropped Out
Neves Manuel (Stormy)- Round 1 +10- Dropped Out
Kachina Redstone (SharnaPax)- Round 1 +10- Dropped Out
Becki Page (p$ycho$immer) Dropped Out
Zora Zelliger (crzyladyi)- No Show
Stella La Rue (coldfloral)- Round 1 Dropped Out
Charlie Ranga (teardrops182)- Round 1 +10- Round 2- No Show

CURRENT ROUND: Round 4
Round 1- October 2 to October 8- Scores
Round 2- October 9 to October 15-Scores
Round 3- October 16 to October 21-Scores
Round 4- October 22 to October 27
EACH ROUND WILL END at 5:00 pm Central U.S. Time
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 1:05 AM
Lol, it will be uh huh! I can't wait to see your entry if you join :D. Ooo and if you join you might see some flashing pictures or animated pictures not like the you know, LOL !
#5 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 11:43 AM
Chrsty, good luck with Cycle 2! I would have made a banner for you, lol. Have fun everyone Nice entry, Kattenijin!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 2:22 PM
What would you power(s) that be say to someone who wants to join your contest but doesn't want to be subjected to judges' dippy appraisals? To someone who would simply post entries for the fun of it?

#7 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 8:17 PM
Default Neves Manuel - Application
Name:
Neves Manuel

Decorating Style:
My design style is all over the place. I don't have just one type of design style as my style varies to fit each client's needs.

Picture of Designer:

Some of My Best Designs:

Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by redwing
What would you power(s) that be say to someone who wants to join your contest but doesn't want to be subjected to judges' dippy appraisals? To someone who would simply post entries for the fun of it?

Ummm what? LOL! I think you were trying to make me confused, lol. But does that mean you will judge or enter?

Thanks for entering kattenijin and Stormy! And GalacticSimmer94 your vacation better suck! Lol :jk: well I hope you join Cycle 3 :D

And SimsArtThat you would really make a banner? Darn it, I guess I missed my chance, LOL

APPLICATION ENDS ON OCTOBER 1st!

----

Save it as a .GIF and it should fit the limit for the avatar .
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 5:34 AM
Default Houses with Beauty: Kachina Redstone Application
Name: Kachina Redstone

Design Style: Everything. I love learning new things. I'm particularly partial to earthtones, but lately I've been into retro and vintage.

This is a den I did for my father. He wanted a place of his own, to study and to display collections from his travels, but to be honest I think he just wanted to get away from my mother (lol).

Instructor
#10 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 6:00 AM
Default Becki Page - Application
Since I now have pics, I shall post a new entry.

Designer's Name:
Becki Page

Design Style:
I'm an eclectic designer. I often do unexpected things and get pleasing results. I love to decorate with warm, earthy tones but can go for those bright hues that everyone is crazy about.

Designer Pics:

Room 1
Room 2
Room 3
#11 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 7:53 AM
Thanks for the avi Chrsty! :D
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 1:03 PM
Thanks for joining SharnaPax and p$ycho$immer! And you're welcome Stormy! I will make more avatars soon! Or after school .
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 4:18 PM
Name: Zora Zelliger

Your design style: I try to mix all different style´s. I like a room to have it´s own personallity and I think the best way to do so is to mix it all!

I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh. But I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry........
#14 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 5:59 AM
Crzyladyi, when I saw your pics, I had sudden feeling of Deja Vu. Now I remember where I saw them at. :P
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 1:25 PM
Thanks for joining crzyladyi! I will make avatars, soon after school! I couldn't have time yesterday cause my mommy hogged the laptop, haha.

**Prize update! I hope you like them because people are SO KIND these day :smash: .**

edit: Avatars upddattteteedd!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 3:00 AM
Charlie Ranga - Application
:howdy:

Designer's Name
Charlie Ranga

Designer's Style
A little bit of everything really! It's a little modern, and very airy and open, but I still try and make things homely and unique.

I like how two rooms in this beach house mold into one.

There's a thunder in our hearts, baby.
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 3:03 AM
Awesome! Thanks for joining teardrop182!
#18 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 5:48 PM
kattenijin, you took the questions right out of my mouth. I too am anxious to start!

Hurry Chrsty!! :D
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 6:40 PM
Haha! Well in post #9 it says that it will end on the 1st of October :D. Yeah I am so lucky that the stick is away from me, hehe. Atleast 4 more people and I won't extend too .
#20 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 1:11 AM
Oh good, no extentions! I hate extentions...unless I need it. Can't wait!! :D
#21 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 1:12 AM
Name of your designer(s): Ellana Levant

Decorating Style(s): I have an eclectic style which lets me feel comfortable working with modern and antique design elements. My goals is to take what a client wants and use it to show off the best features of their home's architecture

One of my favorite designs was for an artist who converted a small, old factory into a living space. They wanted to keep the openness from its original purpose, and only put up a bare minimum of new walls, only to create bathroom. The bedroom uses the loft space, and I used furniture and plants to create the feeling of a seperate room but keeping it open.

Original Poster
#22 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 3:00 AM
Thanks for Joining! And I will now present out team of JUDGES!

~Judges~
honeynutcows, msnicolejones, and KrisD

~EJs~
BusterBrown and ME!!!

So happy day today cause we finish our need of judges and all we need are some more contestants *wink, wink*.

REMEMBER: Application Round ends OCTOBER 1st!
#23 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 4:07 AM
That's this Monday in case any of you didn't know! Monday! So hurry! Please! :P
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Stormy
That's this Monday in case any of you didn't know! Monday! So hurry! Please! :P

Oh wow Monday? This Monday. I may extend it a little more unless I get more BEAUTIFUL contestants :D.
#25 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 4:14 AM
Oh crap. :hmm: *Goes in a corner and sulks*

Page 1 of 8