Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 5:45 PM
Default Build that House! Cycle 2! *Still Accepting Apps, Round One in Progress*
Welcome to Build that House Cycle 2, the design and building contest that tests your skills as a Sims House builder!
If you missed the first cycle, here's the deal is: Build that House is a building contest with a twist… you must build from a set of real floor plans that I will provide you with. As the rounds progress, the plans will become more intricate (I will try to keep them within the boundaries of sims building and there will be a bit of leeway given.) Are you up for the challenge?

Rules
1 - Just one entry per person, please.
2 – Though this probably won’t be a very newbie friendly contest anyone may enter, whether you have been here 3 hours or 3 years.
3 - You are -required- to use the floorplan provided. It is the point of the contest, and if you don't, you will be immeadiately disqualified.
4 - There is no budget, go crazy.
5 - All forum rules apply. Always.
6 - If you have some sort of issue please pm me
7 - Be polite and nice to people, please. If you don't, I shall kick you out [to put it bluntly].
8 - No asking "Where'd you get that?!" See rule 5.
9 - Don’t clutter up the thread with chatter, please.
10 – Have Fun!

Judges
*Coldfloral
*Simmerlis
*pors

EJ's
*hathomson

Rounds

Application Round: October 23rd to October 28th
Round One: October 30th to November 4th
Round Two: November 6th to November 10th
Round Three: November 12th to November 16th
Round Four: November 18th to November 22st

This gives us room for one or two, one day extensions, ONLY IF THEY ARE ABSOLUTLY, POSITIVLY NEEDED FOR JUDGING REASONS ONLY. This is what killed this contest last time. There will be no extensions other than for judging reasons, I think BP kinda sorta likes me and I'd like to keep it that way! XD

-Besides just building the house from the floor plans, you will also be required to decorate the outside (landscaping, pools, decks etc) and to provide plumbing and appliances for the inside (basically the things that you would find in a new house).
-You will be scored on three things. How much the house looks like the floor plans, creativity of outside decoration and overall attractiveness.

Contestants

1. nicki. Application
2. bROOKE_lYNN Application
3. rednpurplesunset Application
4. DiamdPrincz Application
5. pammibehave Application
6. miniaussielover Application
7. TLAWBLIQUE360 Application
8. kasi Application
10… (And so on)

Application

Here is your floor plan and a picture of the house. The pictures that I am looking for are: one aerial of each floor (this house only has one floor so only one this round), a picture of the front of the house and TWO (yes TWO) free shots.

Looking forward to you joining!

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 6:23 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 10.23.07
Ends 11.23.07
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 3:44 PM
ok guys! I'm here! start you're applications! :D

~*I'm a she*~
#4 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 4:01 AM
Default Application Round

2nd Freeshot is coming, right now though, sleep is calling and I still need to decide what other shot of the house to take.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 5:28 PM
awww come on guys, where are the apps!? :D

~*I'm a she*~
#6 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 5:55 PM
Give me something to judge will you!?
Nice entry nicki.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 9:38 PM
i will be entering!
it's our halloween party tonight though so i'm busy today sorting that crap out, but I will enter tomorrow!!

Free downloads by me at AweSims | www.sixty-ten.net
#8 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 10:45 PM

Click on images for full picture!

Front of House

Floorplan

Freeshot - Backyard

Freeshot - Galley Kitchen

I hope more people enter!! <3
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 3:52 AM
I would love to enter....hard to stay on a plan...but I am going to try my best....will submit in a few hours.

Live each day like it's your last!

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 10:45 AM
Default Application
FloorPlan

Front

Kitchen

Back Patio
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 1:08 PM
I have a question about the floorplan. The 2-car garage seems to be drawn in as an "option"...I say that cause it was drawn with dotted lines on the plan. Not only that...but their rendered drawing of the house only shows a 1-car garage. Do we have to have a 2-car garage or is 1-car fine?

**Edit: Okayy...here's what I got....

Front

Aerial

Kitchen

Patio

Live each day like it's your last!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 1:47 PM
one car is fine diamnd... i believe thats how that was meant.

~*I'm a she*~
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 4:40 PM
Very nice entries so far! I noticed that more and more people are putting in links to their photos. If your pictures are within forum guidelines I'm not sure why you're doing this. From a judging standpoint, it takes longer and is harder to view multiple pictures at once. Use links only when you absolutely have to.
#14 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 6:22 PM
I only put links because when I tried to post the images I received an error message:
"The filesize limit for inline images is 175kb. Please reduce the size of your image."

I hope that's not wrong
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 4:37 PM
Here's my entry. I'm new to the "contest world", be gentle!

Front:[IMG][/IMG]
Back:
[IMG][/IMG]
Floorplan:[IMG][/IMG]
Free Shot 1:
[IMG][/IMG]
Free Shot 2:[IMG][/IMG]

Cheers,
PB
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 5:15 PM
awww come on guys... apps end today. i may be able to do what miss_tech has done with her contest and start the first round and still accept apps but i don't know... what do you guys think?

~*I'm a she*~
#17 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by photo_me2004
]i may be able to do what miss_tech has done with her contest and start the first round and still accept apps but i don't know...

You might as well. I don't see any drawbacks to extending the app round for the length of round 1, plus, the more contestants the merrier!
#18 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 7:55 PM
Id like to enter! I should have it in by the end of today.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 9:24 PM
i still want to enter, but life is getting of the way of simming! I will really try to get my entry up today

Free downloads by me at AweSims | www.sixty-ten.net
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 2:58 AM
lol ok guys, i'm going to start round one. apps are still open as long as you can get round one and the app round finished within the timeframe of round one. ill be back with the floorplan.

~*I'm a she*~
#21 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 3:54 AM
Hello! Hope I'm not too late. :howdy:

Also, I got into what you might call "too-small of a lot" crisis.

#22 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 7:35 AM
Will be watching this, I wish I could enter, but my game keeps crashing *grumbles* Looks awesome, hope there is another cycle!!!
#23 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 7:40 AM
Default Application - Tlawblique360
ARIAL

FRONT

FS1-BACK

FS2-FRONT
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 5:49 PM
OK guys, here is the house for round one. Remember, the apps are still open but you must complete the app round house and the round one house to enter.

here is a link to the page that the house came from.... Click Here

House Picture:

Ground Floor:

Second Floor:

have fun guys! and if you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

~*I'm a she*~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 8:45 PM
woohoo... (sorry for the double post...).

Ok, since the app round is still going on as well as round one, we are just having comments for the apps that are in at the moment. Anyone who submits an app with their round one will get comments and scores for round one but not for the app round. This is NOT a disadvantage as nobody will be scored for the app round. So heres the comments from Judge One.

nicki.: You've stuck to the floorplan really well, ensuring that the windows etc are in the correct places, so well done on that. The front of the house is nice and neat, but I find it a little dull, try spicing it up with some terrains, different plants.. etc. I would have loved to see your freeshots, but oh well.

bROOKE_lYNN: I love the light and soft colour scheme you have used for the front of the house, lovely. You've also stuck to the floorplan really well. I like the backyard freeshot, matches the front. The kitchen again is very nice and simple, but fits in with the style of the outside. Overall I love it.

rednpurplesunset: Well, the general layout is all there, just some of the things are a little wrong.For example, you've put a wall all the way down between the kitchen and dining areas.Apart from that and a few other very minor things, it is good Your free shot of the kitchen is nice, lovely little home feel to it too. Your back patio is pretty too.

DiamdPrincz: I love your front view, it is nicely covered with the right amount of plants etc. The ariel is good, apart from I find it a little bit big... Your kitchen is nice and modern, but the flooring gives it a kind of old feel, which I like.In the back patio I love the little plant sections, very nice.

pammibehave: The floorplan seems all okay, except it was pretty hard to judge because the picture was posted the opposite way to the floorplan..I don't know whether that matters..It just made judging a little more difficult. Another thing is that you have fully furnished every room, not that it is wrong, it is just better when there are just a few pieces of furniture. Your outdoor picture looks nice and cosy, and your bedroom one is also nicely furnished.

miniaussielover: Most of the rooms look good, the only one that doesn't look the same as the floorplan given is the dining/kitchen area.. It looks very unlike the given floorplan. The back wall was also supposed to be straight, but on this you have little bits going in and out. Your first freeshot seems quite tropically.. which is cool. I was quite suprised with the second freeshot, but after looking at it for a bit a came to a conclusion that I really like the fence.

TLAWBLIQUE360: All the shapes of the rooms are good, but the floorplan indicated that the house was a rectangle shape, here you have the front of the house next to the garage sticking out more. In your front shot you have added a 2nd floor, it looks great, I just don't know whether or not you could do that. Your first free shot is good, I love the lights that you have on each side. Your second freeshot is also great, it has alot of character.

EDIT:
AAAAAND JUDGE TWO...

To all contestants: I realize that a one square-wide hall would not work if Sims actually lived in the house, but for the purpose of this contest it's ok to use cheats to place doors where they don't normally want to go. Also, using a two square-wide door when the plan uses a one square-wide door, and omitting closets, are examples of small things that I will be looking our for.

nicki.: The exterior of the house is nice, though I have to be honest and say I don't really like the fence/railing you've chosen to line the walkway. You've done a good job overall with following the house plan, though there are a couple major places where you've strayed from the plan, most notably the end of the hall/hall bathroom, the arch to the kitchen, and the layout of the counters in the kitchen. In future rounds, try to build your house as close to the plans, even if you have to cheat to do so (see my note to all contestants). Also, remember to include every shot required for the round, or you will lose points in future rounds (in this case you did not include the freeshots).

bR0Oke_lynn:Great job on the exterior, but don't forget closets inside! See my note to all contestants re. the hallway. The interior looks wonderful, though!

rednpurplesunset: The exterior looks great! And other than omitting closets, and the hallway width (see my above note) the interior looks bang-on to the plan.

DiamndPrincz:Lovely job with the exterior; it looks fantastic. Inside, the main bathroom & dining room are too long by one square. See my above note about the hall & closets.

pammibehave: Don't forget to follow the round requirements; you have one extra photo. In future rounds, you will be docked points for that. The exterior of the house looks great, though! You aren't supposed to furnish the house (except for what's stated in the contest rules). Also, try to have your aerial photos oriented the same way the house plans are; makes judging much easier Don't forget to place doors where the plan specifies; you've placed your bathroom doors in the wrong places, so the layout of both bathrooms is incorrect. Don't add walls/rooms where they don't appear in the plans. You seem to have the sizes of the rooms correct, though. See my note above about closets & hallways.

miniaussielover: Honestly, I'm perplexed by your entry, because it appears as though you've built a completely different house than what appears in the house plan for this round! If future rounds where you're scored on your entry, you will lose a lot of points if you add/change the assigned house plan. See my above note about closets & hallways.

TLAWBLIQUE360: In future rounds, please have your aerial shots oriented the same way the house plans appear; makes it much easier for judging. Your layout of rooms & doors is significantly different than what appears in the house plan, as is your roof. These are things you will lose points for in future rounds. See my above note on hallways & closets.

EDIT:
Judge Three:

To All Contestants: In future rounds, please be sure to refer to original design to make sure you include all necessary items such as closets, etc. Also, I will be looking to see that your house looks as close as possible to original design as far as window, door and wall placement. Your creativity comes into play in choosing materials, landscaping, etc.

nicki: You duplicated the original plan pretty good. The walls in the hallway are not accurate and your roof line over front door is off. Your exterior looks nice but looks a little too neutral. Be sure to include free shots in future rounds.

brooke_lynn: Good adaptation of original plan. Nice color choices on the exterior. Your deck was very nice.

rednpurplesunset: I thought you did a good job on reproducing the original plan. Just be sure to watch wall and door placements. The deck was lovely.

DiamndPrincz: Your choice of colors/windows on exterior are very eyecatching. Good job on interior rooms. Loved the kitchen.

pammibehave: Be sure to reproduce walls, doors, etc. as shown on the plan; yours were a bit off. I liked the deck walls you used which gave it a sense of extra privacy.

miniaussielover: Your house, while nice on its own, did not look enough like the original plan. Just be sure to make sure your walls, doors and windows are the same as plan.

TLAWBLIQUE360: I thought your design colors used on the exterior were very nice and you did a great job on the landscaping. But... your house did not look like the original plan, especially the roof line.

~*I'm a she*~

Page 1 of 2