Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 1:52 PM
Default Centre Stage - Apps Open! Judge positions filled!
(This belongs in other.)
Centre Stage

Welcome, danseur professionnel, to Centre Stage! Oui, you will be creating the best performance of your life! Oh, the artistry of it all! In this competition, your sim will transform from a little hopping ducky to a beautiful prancing swan, by creating a performance that will have every single critique gushing! Do you have what it takes? The dancing, the singing and the acting! I’m excited!

Rounds
Application
Round One - Training
Round Two - Costumes
Round Three - Dress Rehearsal
Round Four - Break a Leg!

Requirements
Stick to the rules,
Don’t simmerize your performers.
Up to two entries per contestant,
Your director must be an adult sim.
You will need to have a minimum cast of four.

Application
Director’s Name:
Director’s Previous Works:
Mini Biography:
What your play is about:

One photo of your director.
One photo of your cast.
One poster for your play. (Optional)

Contestants

Judges (PM me!)
1. Annelae
2. x_iiLy_x
3. FurryPanda
Emergency Judges
1. Bexstar
Prizes
Donations are welcome!
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 6:29 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 12.6.07
Ends 1.6.07
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 9:09 AM
Checking in. Looking forward to perhaps seeing some entries and having fun!
Instructor
#4 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 4:08 PM
Okay, I'm intrigued...but can you go into a bit more detail about what will be required in this contest? Will we need to write screenplays or songs for our "performance?" I'm assuming these performances will all be shown through pictures, not videos? How many pictures per round will be required? Will photoshop be allowed (particularly photoshopping poses and/or adding props)?

Thanks!
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 10:01 PM
You will be setting up a performance through screenshots, as you can see through the rounds, you will not be immediately going to the stage. As for the amount of pictures per round, that will depend on the round. ^^ As an example, the "costumes" round will probably only need three pictures to fully display that particular area, whereas the final round will probably need four; two per act.
As I didn't specify that photoshopping is banned, I don't expect to see everyone's entries straight from the game, that would be too difficult, no?
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 4:29 AM
*squeals* Entry soon! I'm a theater geek myself, but I hope that the contsest isn't to judgey on the whole phtoshop thing, as I don't have it and Gimp crashed my computer.
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 8:31 AM
It is optional. ^^
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 7:24 PM
Checking in as a judge all, can't wait to see the entries!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 10:03 PM
Okay, I'll leave the apps open for another week but after that, if no one enters, I'll have to close this competition. It's nearly been a week. ^^
#10 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 2:16 AM
I might join, but I might not have time I love to dance and I love theatre so awesome contest!
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 2:27 PM
I'm so sad this competition didn't take off as I'd hoped. Oh well, I'll try again after the holidays, I suppose. Thanks to those who were judges.