Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 6:46 AM
~*~Miss Teen Galaxy 2007~*~ Winner Announced!
Miss Teen Galaxy 2007

This contest will be about trying to find a universally beautiful teen girl. The contest will be like some of those pageants you've seen on TV, except this is galaxy-wide.

This pageant would be good for beginners or for those that don't want to rely heavily on Photoshop. Photoshop will not be needed and I hope those of you who are photoshop pro's don't get put off by the word "beginners". I hope all of you enter

Note: Although this will be sort of similar to the Mr/Miss Galaxy 2007 pageants I ran, it will not be the same! Those of you who participated in the other versions are more than welcome to participate in this version I hope this one will be as (or even more) challenging than the last ones were!

• Only Teen Female Sims can enter -- any race (human/alien/vamp/etc) and any body type (thin/normal/"fat")
  • Photoshopping is allowed but try not to go overboard. You can photoshop a pose, add borders, adjust lighting, add words or a background (no adding fake hair, SIMpose-ing, simmerizing, etc.)
  • You can enter up to 2 Sims, but each Sim must have their own entry each round (no group pics) and separate applications.
  • Please follow regular forum rules (no Sim stealing, no spamming, etc)

~~~~Application Round Ended on December 5th, Round info deleted~~~~

1) Lysa Ta'Sol [EdieBird]: (dropped out)
2) Laasya Rohana [Safyre420]: Application ~~ Round 1 ~~ Round 2 ~~ Round 3 ~~ Round 4
3) Sonar Lee Salem [TLAWBLIQUE360]: Application ~~ Round 1 ~~ Round 2 ~~ Round 3 ~~ Round 4
4) Devon Monroe [Lottie.]: (dropped out)
5) Skye Jacobs [Denise0]: (eliminated--no r2 entry)
6) Klara Harren [Zixx]: (eliminated--no r3 entry)
7) Constance Tiernay [voicesinside]: (eliminated round 1)
8) Anna Beluis [Annelae]: (dropped out)
9) Zoe McDuffie [cheshire_cat]: Application ~~ Round 1 ~~ Round 2 ~~ Round 3 ~~ Round 4
10) Scorn Baal'rah [brilliantcat]: (dropped out)
11) Men Jewel [sizza]: Application ~~ Round 1 ~~ Round 2 ~~ Round 3 ~~ Round 4
12) Lottie Sparkle [romyhorse]: Application ~~ Round 1 ~~ Round 2 ~~ Round 3 ~~ Round 4
13) Nyx Delirium [brilliantcat]: Application ~~ Round 1 ~~ Round 2 ~~ Round 3 ~~ Round 4

1. Me (anonymous)
2. Doursim
3. appelsapgodin (Miss Galaxy 2007 Winner)

EJ: fway

All judges will need to submit scores/comments for all contestants for each round, so please do not volunteer if you don't think you will have enough time/interest to do that

• Talent and Personality
  • Healthy Lifestyle
  • Casual and Evening Wear
  • Additional Round will be a surprise

Each round will require only 2 pictures.
Each round will have an "onstage question" (confessional)
Each round will have different requirements.
Example: healthy lifestyle round may require contestants to wear a specific swimsuit, or a swimsuit from a specific site (like the real-life pageants). If you cannot download the required item, you can use maxis items instead.
Depending on number of entries, there will be eliminations each round except application round.
Incomplete entries will be automatically disqualified, so please make sure to double-check your entry before the round ends!
The winner will be the person with the highest cumulative score at the end (meaning all round scores added together).
If you need a 1-day extension in any round please ask via pm.
If you don't follow each round's guidelines you will lose points. So please make sure to ask questions if you are confused

Application Round Results

Round 1: Details ** Results
Round 2: Details ** Results
Round 3: Details ** Results
Final Round: Details ** Results

• Unless specified, your pictures should take place on a stage/runway like real-life pageants.
  • Choose a different hairstyle for each competition and classy, tasteful outfits.
  • Try to answer the questions thoughtfully—they are worth points too! Although not as much as the pictures. Keep in mind that the focus is on the beauty and presentation of your Sim; not how great you can make the background.
  • Remember to look happy!

First Prize: $10 donated to your favorite 100% free sims site or real-life charity
All 3 Winners: custom content
Artifically Nuclear Teen Rug by Lasciel

Golden Angel Barbie Doll (based on real collectible doll) made by me

New Years Eve Teen Dresses by DourSim

Akirakana Mizu by appelsapgodin
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y2...eteengalaxy.gif

If you have any questions please dont be afraid to ask!
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 3:03 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 11.27.07
Ends 12.27.07
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • Do not clog the thread with useless posts like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.
This contest was not affected by the new rules! In order to honor the Waiting List, the new rules as detailed in the sticky WILL NOT be applied to contests that have successfully made it onto the list already. However, contests in the Moderation Queue but not on the Waiting List will be subject to these new rules.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 8:01 AM
ok im here checking in.
If anyone has any questions please dont hestitate to ask me!
#4 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 9:13 AM
Yay, you checked in! I've been waiting, i've just got one question before i hand my application in.

If our sim is say, a vampire, will they be expected to act like a vampire? Say, if there was a beach shot, could it be indoors, etc.

Just using that as an example.
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 9:27 AM
yes, i try to keep all of the contestants in mind when i come up with my rounds.

your sim(s) will not be required to do anything that they wouldnt normally be able to do based on their species (vamp in the sun, werewolf/zombie in a public gathering, etc).

I will also make sure that whatever sites I pick as the round requirement, will have choices to fit your sim. Like if your contestant is gothic, I will make sure that the site has some choices that she won't absolutely hate to wear lol
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 5:38 AM
Default Lysa Ta'Sol application
Name: Lysa Ta'Sol

Location: The Monoptid Cluster, fifth planet. (that'd be the dark one!)

Bio: I am what would be called a "Nerd" on Earth. I love nothing more than studying, working out mathmetic formulas, and designing hologames. My goal in life is to become the head researcher at one of Monoptica's booming bio-research facilities, to find a cure for the deadly dual-eye disease that has been occuring in more and more Monoptid babies.

Why I decided to enter this pageant: The company I want to work for, Jalarin Research & Development, is offering a full scholarship to the University of choice to any Monoptid students who join in inter-galactic relations events, such as beauty pageants, scholastic competitions, or sporting events. I'm no athlete, and the InterSteller Brain Fund team was full, so this is the event my guidance counselor suggested. It may be rather unsettling for me, seeing all these two-eyed creatures, but I want that scholarship!

Head shot:

Body shot:

(I hope these pictures are okay, I haven't built a runway lot yet...)
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 6:22 AM
yes the pictures are fine, application round is basically, stand in front of a wall lol stage is later
welcome to the pageant
#8 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 6:12 PM
I am going to have to enter!
EdieBird Lysa is great :D
Banned
#9 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 6:19 AM
Default Application: Laasya Rohana

Name: Laasya Rohana
Short Bio: I was born in a place called Toonela, which people of this world call "Hell". We moved to this world when I was just a mere child, it was quite the scenery change. Many people of this world refer to me as a "Goth" which I am unsure of what that is and would like to know.

Why you decided to enter the pageant: I decided to enter the pageant because the many ads I kept seeing for the pageant intrigued me. Being one of the few families that have left Toonela, I felt that I should represent my people in this exquisite promenade of beauty.
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 6:31 AM
wonderful entry Saf, welcome to the pageant
#11 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 3:39 AM
Ooh, Laasya and Lysa are both lovely!

I am planning on getting an entry in, by the way.
#12 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 3:56 AM
Default Sonar Lee Salem - Application

Name: Sonar Lee Salem
Short Bio: I am a sixteen year old high school junior and Im the typical girl next door. I grew up in the small town of Riverblossom but recently moved to the city because of my dad's (by adoption) job. I am a straight A student, Class President and also a gymnast. I keep pretty busy.
Why you decided to enter the pageant: I figured there was more to me than acadamics and gymnastics and I felt this could just be another way to make my adoptive parents proud.

#13 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 3:49 PM
Default Devon Monroe-->Application
Here's my application!

Guess where i got the name 'Monroe' from ^^
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 7:27 PM
Thanks everyone so far for joining.

Lottie is it possible next time to not have a picture with black and white lines in the background. I'm getting a headache looking at it, :smash: but other than that anything else would be completely fine.

#15 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 7:47 PM
Oh sorry!
xD
I like the lines, they make you look at the picture, it definitely gets your attention!
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 11:05 PM
thats true though :X it stands out. i don't know what annonymous thinks of this but I think it would be a better idea if you did lines but not like that. if that makes sense.

#17 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 4:32 AM
Default Skye Jacobs
Name: Skye Jacobs

Short Bio:

I am 16 years old. I love the outdoors, especially anything to do with the beach. I am a straight A student and I attend The Juniper League Private School.

Why you decided to enter the pageant:

I am outgoing and love to try new things. While I do not only want to be remembered for being a beauty pageant winner I thought that it would interesting to enter, it is something that I have not done before.

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fway
thats true though :X it stands out. i don't know what annonymous thinks of this but I think it would be a better idea if you did lines but not like that. if that makes sense.

Actually, it says in the application rules that it needs to be a plain background.

The stripes are making me dizzy when I scroll. :-(
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 6:24 AM
it needs to be a plain background meaning non-busy. Your stripes are very busy and making everyone dizzy lol
please photoshop it out
other than that tiny problem, great apps so far! welcome to the pageant
#20 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 8:09 AM
I'll go and change it...

I'm too poor to have photoshop, i only have the gimp xD

EDIT;
I've changed the headshot
#21 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 9:05 AM
Default Klara Harren:: Application

Name:: Klara Harren

Short Bio:: Before death, I was a bright, intelligent schoolgirl who was practically classified a 'freak' wherever I went. I was daddy's little girl, and when he was sent to war, I was shattered. That christmas, we recieved a letter telling us he had passed away on the battlefield, and my world was shattered into a million pieces. I shied away from my mother and the rest of my family, and started hanging out with the wrong people, Literally. One night I decided to venture down a dark alley (how predictable) to get a shortcut home, and I was stopped by a friend of mine. A struggle ensued, and in their attempt to feed off me, I became one of them. After death, I'm a strong little fledgling vampire, and I've been like this for about 2 years.

Why you decided to enter the pageant:: Because i know i can win. I've got the looks and the brains, and i'm not going to back down because some mortal tells me i'm not good enough. I thought it would be fun, and i can make a meal of the competition... figuratively, of course.

#22 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 9:26 AM
Wow
Great app Zixx!
Original Poster
#23 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 10:16 AM
thanks for fixing it lottie and great app zixx, welcome to the pageant
Scholar
#24 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 11:11 AM
Damn, it goes for too long! I'm going away over Christmas and on the assumption that I would not be eliminated straight away I just would not be able to participate in the final round. Great apps so far everyone - I'm going to watch this one with great interest. I so wanted to enter since it doesn't really need Photoshopping skills... If there's a second cycle that doesn't go over a holiday period (ie. the next "holiday period" being Easter) I'll definitely enter next time.

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
Test Subject
#25 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 11:34 AM
Default Constance Tiernay

Name:
Constance Tiernay

Short Biography:
Hi my name is Constance, you can call me Ance and I'm seventeen years old. My parents were killed in the Great War a few years ago and I've had to take care of myself ever since. I to go Private School and receive a B average and work in the evenings. I live in a quite little house that my family left me and feed the stray animals that come along. ^^

Why You Decided To Enter The Pageant:
I decided to enter this pageant to prove to my peers that I CAN win and that I am worth something. I work hard to survive and this would look great on my college application.

Page 1 of 7