Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 3:09 AM
Great apps, Game Shark and romyhorse.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:13 AM
ATTENTION!

Only 3 days are left before the application rounds close. There are 7 more application slots so get yours on or before Friday. If I don't get 10 by then, apps will extend to Round 1.
#28 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 4:52 AM
hey all, i'm going to join this contest

just one problem:

i've completely stripped pleasantview, removed all the houses etc (i've no recollection of doing this :doh)

sooo how do i reinstall it again??
-do i drag the data from the original sims 2 disk? if so, which one??

help would be much appreciated!
Instructor
Original Poster
#29 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 5:09 AM
If you haven't messed up the Pleasantview in your program files, get them here (if you use the default directory)

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods

Pleasantview is N001.
#30 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 5:16 AM
ahh no i havent. only in my docs.

ok, going to overwrite the old one and get going with the application.

thanks for the help.
retired moderator
#31 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 5:30 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that the limit on images per post (4) is only applied to the Sims Pictures Forums. So those of you who wish to image-tag all of your images in your entries (as opposed to linking them) may feel free to do so.

Quote:
Picture Limit Per Post: You may not post more than four (4) images per post. Please do not double post to get around this limit. This limit (unlike the others) applies only to the Sim Pictures area of the site - you may post more images elsewhere (so there is no image limit per post for stories, contests, etc.).

Formerly known as boolPropped
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 5:31 AM
Thanks for the heads up, bP. I'll update my rules.
Inventor
#33 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 8:06 AM
Default Dutch Kitch Design - Application round.

Name: Bunny von Baden-Blitzkrieg aka Dutch Kitch Design
Specialty: Bathrooms, Bedrooms and Landscaping. (I'm really just saying something here.. it so depends on the house, but I always enjoy doing these.)
EPs and SPs you have: Everything.

The Lothario house:

Don came to me after his sweet little grandmother Mrs. Motherlode had died. She had left him a small fortune and Don wanted to use this money to change his house into the bachelor's heaven he had always dreamed of.

Don is a man with a keen interest in nature, sports, fitness, art, health and women. I tried to show his personality in the design, and give the house a clean, modern and masculine interior in which a women would feel at home too. With a touch of phallic symbolism to hint at his deeper desires in life.

Exterior shots:

Don told me he liked the nature, but he hated gardening. So I designed his garden in a geometrical style that is nice on the eye and fitted the house. The trees and hedges combined with straight flower borders are easy to maintain by a gardener. There is a small pool, which allows Don to keep up his fitness and I added an orange-tree so that Don can surprise his special lady friend of the moment with a fresh pressed cup of juice for breakfast.

Aerials:

Ground Floor:

I enlarged the living room a bit so that the shape matches the first floor deck.

1st floor:

The large bedroom is the heart of the house.

2nd floor and landscaping:

Interior shots:

Living:

Don loves Art but doesn't like to have too many frames on his wall. That's why I used a kitch retro wallpaper with a few select big photographs. Matching black and white furniture with colour accents finish the room.

A quiet little corner where you can make a private phonecall, read a book or relax and daydream with your head in the clouds. (retro 60ies wallpaper.)

Kitchen:

Food becomes happiness in a sunny yellow/grey/black/white kitchen.

Bathroom:

Elegant colours in the bathroom.

Bedroom:

Don's bedroom is his pride and joy. An Asiatic style to show his deeper mysterious and spiritual side (or give the impression that he has one.)

Roof Terrace:

There is no better place to relax than a bubble bath or hammock on your rooftop with a view over the whole neighbourhood.

Link to all 22 interior and exterior shot I made of this house: Here
#34 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 8:12 AM
ok, I've tried hard to resist but I'm going to have to enter this, expect my application up today sometime (",)
#35 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 8:57 AM
Default application -

Name:
Sophie Petite
Specialty:
The Boudiour
EPs and SPs you have:
NL, OB, Seasons, BV, FT && all stuff packs excluding teen style stuff.

~

Lothario.

exterior.

1st floor.

2nd floor.

decking and garden.

~

"The design is based upon Don's steamy personality. the colour scheme reflects his passionate side, whilst the house is full to the brim with sulty furnishings... what girl can resist a cow print couch?"

~

"cosy"

~

~

"practical"

"...titillating"

"frankly, you are not a man if you don't own a pair of moose horns"

-- Quote Sophie Petite.
:P
Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 9:27 AM
LOZOTRON, can you retake your pics? I will ask the judges to critique each design. It might be hard for them to see.

Your pictures must be at least 500x450 (although the large in-game camera size is fine) and at most 700x700. Just updated the rules now.

I'm sure your updated ones will be much better.
#37 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 9:33 AM
yeah, no problem. i'm on the case already. hehe. it's the first contest i've entered you see, so i'm just learning the ropes.

i had my camera setting on the highest resolution / size.. but still the pics where small. then when i uploaded them on a post, it stated "inline pictures are too big" etc.
i know what to do now though - print screen.
Instructor
Original Poster
#38 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 9:37 AM
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: One of our contestants appelsapgodin has requested that all contestants must not use her uploads at MTS2 for your entries for this contest. I hope you understand.
Inventor
#39 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 9:42 AM
I hope my request isn't too inconvenient for anyone... it just seemed logical to me not to use the creations made by your contest opponents.
#40 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 9:51 AM
no worries, i agree. frankly i didn't know you created them. it's reverting back to roy litchenstien
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 10:32 AM
UPDATE: I just put one of my sims as prize for the contest. If anyone has prizes to donate, please PM me.
#42 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 10:40 AM
If I choose, can I change my application a bit. I see some things I forgot and there are somethings which I thought looked better in game but in pictures does not look very well done.
Instructor
Original Poster
#43 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 10:48 AM
You can change your applications until Friday.
#44 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 10:49 AM
O.K., thank you!
#45 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:39 AM
re-taken my pics. all updated. hoorah.
#46 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:41 AM
LOZ, I think you posted too many pictures.
#47 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boolPropped
I just wanted to let everyone know that the limit on images per post (4) is only applied to the Sims Pictures Forums. So those of you who wish to image-tag all of your images in your entries (as opposed to linking them) may feel free to do so.

boolprop posted this a bit earlier, so i'm pretty sure its ok. and all my images are within the 700px mark.

:umm: i hope its ok.
#48 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:51 AM
ohh, oops! I am sorry, I misread and thought boolprop said only 4 pictures. My mistake! I apologize.
#49 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:55 AM
hehe its ok. looking back at my post i'm feeling a bit dubious as its rather loooong.
but what the heck, the more the merrier i guess.
Test Subject
#50 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:57 AM
Default A Lothario's Haven
I hope it's okay for newbies to join in too. I think this contest will be very enjoyable. Obviously, this is my first time entering a contest here on S2C, so if I do anything wrong, please tell me so. Also, English is not my native language, so I make a lot of grammar mistakes and my vocabulary isn't as extended as most of yours are. Again, if I make any errors, please tell me so.
My application:

Lukas: I was very surprised when Don asked me to makeover his home. The way he goes around Pleasantview and has all those pretty ladies eating out of his hands... A man can dream about it. Anyway, I saw a lot of possibilities in this one, but decided there is only one way for a ladies' man like Don. Without further ado, I present you: A Lothario's Haven!

Lukas: There have only been some minor changes on the outside structure. Don wanted to remove the entire third floor terrace, since it reminded him too much of his long lost love...

First floor overview:

Second floor overview:

The living room:

A large couch for cuddling/reading/watching TV is a must for a man like Don.

Study nook:

Don has told me -in confidence- that he really needed a new computer because he loves certain ..uhm.. adult sites.

The kitchen:

Every man should have a decent kitchen, if not to cook himself, then to impress the ladies.

The bedroom:

This is where all the magic happens...

The bathroom:

The bathroom is rather small, so it's hard to get a decent pic of it. It fits very well with the rest of the house though.

Some outside pics:

And what did Don think of it?

Don: I absolutely love it! I don't have to be ashamed anymore to bring home my special friends, ladies are impressed when they see how stylish my home is decorated and adding a pool was an awesome idea! The Don is pleased.

Page 2 of 11