Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#51 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 12:00 PM
Great apps, everyone. If we get 10 tomorrow, I might start Round 1 early.

jessica, newbies are definitely welcome to join. Your English is quite good, actually (I'm not a native English speaker either).
Advertisement
#52 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 12:47 PM
Default Application: Franny Proctor

Name: Franny Proctor

Specialty: Landscaping

EPs and SPs you have: All except for FT

HEAD SHOT OF DESIGNER:

A Lothario's Haven

Front View:

After chipping away at the old stucco a beautiful old brick exterior was revealed. As Don admitted that he rarely ventured up to the third level we decided to do do away with it and add a roof instead to create a more individual structure.

Ground Floor:

Due to the small size of the property I decided to keep the area as open plan as possible to give the appearance of space and to add light.

First Floor:

As Don freely admits to being a womanizer and an "animal in the bedroom" (his words, not mine) I designed his bedroom to reflect this, using animal print fabrics, luxurious textures and sensual colours. A walk-in shower was also added for convenience.

Interior Shots:

Kitchen/Dining Area:

Bedroom:

Extra Shots: (I got a little snap happy lol..)

Bedroom
Bedroom 2
Living/Dining Area
Living Area

#53 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 1:04 PM
j3ss!c@, I like your addition of a pool, and I think everyone's applications are stunning! Now I'm almost tempted to join, even though I suck at contests
Instructor
Original Poster
#54 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 1:05 PM
Welcome to the contest, I.nfectious. Can't wait to see your take on Don's house.
#55 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Allison
j3ss!c@, I like your addition of a pool, and I think everyone's applications are stunning! Now I'm almost tempted to join, even though I suck at contests

Join, you cannot get better if you do not try. I myself expect to fail miserablely, but I think in the end I will improve.
Inventor
#56 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 8:37 PM
Yes, do join!

I mean, I got a star already, but it's the first housebuilding contest I am entering.. so this is even new for me too.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 8:38 PM
I'd like to join, but I'm wondering wth is meant with maxis match content, because my favourite site: sims2play has been written off as maxis match, but Im fairly sure it's cc...
Inventor
#58 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 8:44 PM
Actually, I am not really sure 'bout that one too....

I'm just using the stuff that I know is maxis for sure, custom walls and floors and maxis recolours...
Scholar
#59 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 8:46 PM
There are several sites that have Maxis Match content, if anyone wants any links feel free to PM me .
#60 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:05 PM
O.K., I have finished building and am uploading the pictures. Just a note, if anything looks similar, I apologize. I have tried to keep my head away from here to avoid accidentally copying someone else's idea.

I have completely changed the downstairs completely and I think that it is an improvement to my earlier submission. Again, I have tried not to look at any replies since last night and if I did do something almost exactly similar, it was done unconsciously.
Inventor
#61 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Game Shark
O.K., I have finished building and am uploading the pictures. Just a note, if anything looks similar, I apologize. I have tried to keep my head away from here to avoid accidentally copying someone else's idea.

Same goes for me, sorry if something looks familiar. It was unintentional.

I am updating my pics, but will prob'ly finish tomorrow, it's getting late here.

We still need contestants, not?
#62 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 1:46 AM
O.K., I have finished. I apologize it took so long, I began taking pictures and then realized, I had forgotten to put a bathroom in the house.
Instructor
Original Poster
#63 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 3:13 AM
Only 2 days left, everyone. We still need 3 more apps.
#64 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 8:11 AM
I've finished my Application
Instructor
Original Poster
#65 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 1:33 PM
To those who would still want to join: Last day of apps is on APRIL 4, 11:59 PM MY TIME (check the clock on round info post).
Inventor
#66 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 10:14 PM
I have finished my application, it can be found here .

Come on people, more apps!!
#67 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 10:28 PM
I'm working on an entry; it'll be in before the deadline.
Test Subject
#68 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 10:34 PM
I really hope some more people will join this contest. I've 'delurked' myself just to join :D
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 10:43 PM
Default Application: Gabriel Nightwood
name: Gabriel Nightwood
Favourite room to decorate?: I've got to say the living area/study,
a house cannot function without a good work and relaxation vibe.
Though I must admitt I love kitchens as well, but that's just because
that's where all the food's at, and I sure do love food

Eps: University, Night life, Open for business, Pets, Seasons, Bon voyage.
headshot

Outside shot:

I gave don's balcony a half closed look, so that he can hide from some of his neightbours. I also arranged a car for him, to drive his dates around in style

After discussing it with don, I changed the floorplan of the bottom floor. The kitchen has become smaller, because he's more likely to take out his dates. The bathroom is also not that large, but he told me he preferred the hottub anyways. And he now has a good living room, with ample room for him and his beau's

I took out the hottub and put it up on the next level, to create a bit of a dancing area for any parties Don might want to throw. The telescope's also still there. It's not so subtle aimed at the Goth house, so he can keep tabs on his "fiancee".

Besides the hottub, I also bought Don a massaging table. Now he can woo the ladies in more ways he ever thought possible.

Livingroom

Don's a trying to make a career in medicine, and thus does not have the time to clean up his home every day. Therefore I've decided to give him a not too cluttered living space, with lot's of light colours. If he makes a mess of it, the maid can see it very clearly and clean it up asap. I also equiped him with a big LCD screen television, with surround sound, to occupy his time when he's not wooing the ladies or studying for his career

Study

Don needs to have a space where he can dedicate himself to his career. He also thought it would give him a studious air the ladies in pleasantview love so much. It's also a good place for him to call his next beau and invite her into his...
Dining area

Don's dining area is now able to fit four people. Note the wine rack. I put it there so that he might come across as a true casa nova to his lady lovers. Or to get them drunk when all else fails.

Kitchen

The kitchen has been reduced in size, but is still fully functional. The microwave is mostly there for looks, because Don prefers take-out.
Bedroom

This is where all the action happens. I tried to keep it light an simple with Don's favourite colours, pale green and beige. I added some purple to spruce things up. The big mirror is there for some extra effect and the excorsize machine is there to get that take-away fat of his sexy limbs. Or so he says they are

outside pictures
barbeque
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/...20_7503d44e.jpg
hottub area
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/...20_5503d43f.jpg
dancing/playing
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/...20_9503d432.jpg

Lab Assistant
#70 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 5:05 AM
Everyone's home is very nice. You guys really know how to decorate, lol.

AppelsapGodin, I am really impressed with that black and white wallpaper you used ....Nice touch. You lot is slammin' too ....

I have tried, but have failed. What else is there for me do do?
Forum Resident
#71 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 5:27 AM
Name(s): Lily Grant
Age(s): 22
Specialty (living rooms, bedrooms, kitchen, bathrooms, landscaping, etc.): Kitchens and bedrooms
EPs and SPs you have: All EPs and TSS

HEADSHOT

For the first floor I took down all the walls as it just wasn't contributing to the openness of Don's lifestyle... The rooms are in the same basic places down here, its just a bit more free.

For Don's bedroom I've done the same basic scheme of things but I've moved the bathroom upstairs for easy access to the shower after a long day in the hot tub. The side part of the deck has become Don's bathroom.

Since Don indicated that the deck area's would be getting the most use, I move all of his entertaining things out to the top of the building so as to take in the beautiful view of Pleasentview and beyond. He has a bar, hottub and telescope.

I've also bought him a grill and table for the lower portion of the deck so that he can make hamburgers and shish kebob's for all his friends.

Here's the front of Don's new house with his brand new Hunka in the driveway. I was jealous too!

Kitchen/Living Area
Bedroom

Hope this is ok... I did have to add walls to move the bathroom but its not too much... I hope is cool that I used Jennifer Burb... She just seemed to fit! :D

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
#72 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 7:29 AM
Default coldfloral / Stella La Rue / application
Name(s): Stella La Rue
Age(s): 29
Specialty: Bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms
EPs and SPs you have: All EPs, Teen Style Stuff & Glamour Life Stuff

Headshot:

Being the man-about-town he is, I wanted to give Don a chic, urban design. This means the main living area is open plan, and the same color-scheme is carried throughout the entire house.

I thought this brick exterior would be perfect for Don; the sexy color just beckons people to stop by and see who lives inside.

The entrance doubles as a spacious area perfect for dancing, and features a large mirror for last-minute hair adjustments before running out the door.

To the immediate right of the entrance is the lounge-inspired living area. A half wall separates this area from the dining/kitchen area.

The dining area is situated close to kitchen to encourage conversation between the cook (Don) and his guests.

The kitchen is modern, and incorporates the ever-important "kitchen triangle" between the fridge, sink & oven. Guests can sit and have a drink at the bar while Don tends to the meal.

The bathroom is tiled floor-to-ceiling, and features a bathtub and separate shower. The toilet is behind the far half-wall. A large mirror keeps this small room from feeling open and spacious.

I kept the fact that Don's bedroom is a flow-through to the deck in mind when I placed the furniture.

The main deck area features speakers to get people dancing in the sun, as well as a BBQ area complete with weather-resistant mini-fridge!

The uppermost deck is a straight-forward with it's sunken hot-tub.

Overall, I kept the landscaping minimal and not fussy, since Don has better things to do than tend to plants and shrubs
Instructor
Original Poster
#73 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 7:58 AM
Great! We already have 10 apps. I'm only waiting for photo to change her designer, as Maxis sims should not be designers for the contest.
Instructor
Original Poster
#74 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 8:42 AM
Default Round 1

(click for more info!)

IMPORTANT: This round, you may change the exterior drastically, since this round requires expansion. However, please follow the other rules (especially the CC rules)

ROUND 1 ENDS ON APRIL 9 11:59 PM MY TIME

Good luck and Have fun! :D
Signed, The Dude
Scholar
#75 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 9:45 AM
A couple of questions:
Can we expand all/any rooms?
Is there a limit to the amount we can spend?

Page 3 of 11