Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 12:49 AM
So Ye Want to Be a Pirate? Final Scores Posted! Thank you all!
So Ye Want To Be A Pirate?

So you want to work on my ship? Only the best pirates get to sail with I, the infamous, bloodthirsty, educated, and greatly feared Captain Ethel Flint the Iron-Fisted. I’ve gathered you all here, of course, to show me that you have what it takes to sail on my vessel the “Lady Hawke”. You really want to be a true to the flesh pirate, you really believe that you can hack it? Prove it to me and my mates, you landlubber.

For the Application-
Name:
Dislikes:
Special Abilities (What do you have that will help make my ship the best):

You’ll need 1 head shot (beauty has nothing to do with this contest, although a decent pirate is never opposed to a pretty face), 1 body shot, and 1 free shot

Judges

Chief Mate: duderocks
Second Mate: Zaggytiddies
Third Mate: neurophobic

Emergency Mate: Yakumo-dono

Contestants:

Atorus~ Cait Levlen App
asmodean~ Patchy Pete App Dropped
SilentPsycho~ Zerena Zukai App Round 1 Round 2
SilentPsycho~ Draca App Round 1 Round 2
Paradise~ Reeking Diego Dagger App Round 1 Round 2
hooligan~ Jazmin Taylor App Dropped
Vampire_of_Death~ Lady of Flesh and Blood App Round 1 Round 2
hooligan~ Tawny Doyle App Dropped
Elyasis~ Arcturus Rex App Dropped
Vampire_of_Death~ Elijah App Round 1 Round 2

Rounds
Round 1 - How Long Have Ye Been Sailin’ (round ended)
Round 2 - Shore Leave (round ends April 23rd)
Round 3- Mutiny
Because we have a bit of time between now and the day this is supposed to end, I may grant extensions, but let's try to get everything in on time. Also, if we get enough contestants, we'll have eliminations, if we only get 10 the scores will be based accumulatively.

Rules (as read by the Master-at-Arms):

-Arrr, follow the forum rules o' course
-PM the Captain if you want t' walk the plank; it’s only fair t' the other contestants
-Photoshop is not allowed
-Apply if you have time
-Any gender, any race, anythin' goes (come on, we ain’t gonna deny a decent pirate work if they’ve got blue skin or barks)
-Sim has t' be an adult, but can be any age 18+ (a pirate’s life is no place for young’uns)
-No simstealin’, simtweakin’, or simmerizin’
-You can enter two sims if you’d like
-You will not be judged on your graphics card, but on creati'ity
-Other than the abo'e rules, anythin' goes; this is supposed t' be fun, the more outrageous the better
-Absolutely nothin' related t' “Pirates o' the Caribbean” unless you speedily want t' get fed t' the fisheys; the Captain dislikes those sallys immensely
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 5:23 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 4.1.08
Ends 5.1.08
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 1:03 PM
So yeah, this is me checking in! (Haha, didn't even see this on the waiting list).

Let's see your super salty pirates! And I'll be needing 3 judges, too, so send me a pm if you want to be one.
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 8:04 PM
Looks cool! I just have a question. Could the pirates be from any era? Like...could I enter a space pirate? Or would they have to be from the normal pirate era....thing.

(If that made ANY sense)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 1:47 AM
Anything goes. Whatever you can come up with, the better. Looking forward to your application! We have all three judges now, just need some apps.
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 4:46 PM
Ok count me in

Maybe there is no actual place called hell. Maybe hell is just having to listen to our grandparents breathe through their noses when they're eating sandwiches.
#7 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 2:40 AM
Default Application: Cait Levlen
Name: Cait (“Yes, that’s pronounced like ‘Kate’. You gotta problem?”) Levlen
Likes: Anything alcoholic, sleeping, sailing, the sky, leather, funky colors, music, did we mention alcohol and funky colors?
Dislikes: Grey, land, rich people, complete darkness, not being able to see the sky, being without a weapon, the synthetic food most people get to eat, cities.
Special Abilities: “I suppose just saying that I’m amazing will make me sound like a complete jerk, eh? Thought so, even if it may be slightly true. At least at sailin’, anyways. Keep in mind ‘o course, I’m used to flying machines. Very confusing time I live in, eh? I’m also a pretty decent shot at pool, if that helps any.”

Headshot

Bodyshot

Freeshot

(I may change the photos, I'm not all that happy with them. Especially the Freeshot one. But it'll stay the same Cait either way.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 3:43 AM
The Captain approves, Atorus, I love his hair!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 3:39 AM
I'm not joining but did you take this idea from Lazy Town by any chance lol?
Scholar
#10 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 3:52 AM
Ahoy there me hardies! Zaggy reparten far duty! Can't wait to see what you scaliwags come up with!

:sorry that's my best pirate type lol:
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 4:24 PM
Default Patchy Pete Application
Name:Patchy Pete

Likes:I be likin' just about anythin' that has to be with women, boozin, fightin and sailin'.
Dislikes: Anythin' that don't have the above in 'em.
Special Abilities: Yar, I be nothin' special but on time to time I will back ye up on the violin when ye be playin' ye music. I be pretty handy with a rope too, I'll have yer sails up before ye can get ye trousers on in the mornin'.

Freeshot.

Bodyshot.

#12 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 5:00 PM
Yay! Another entry! Now I no longer feel alone! Come on, people! More entries. ^_^

asmodean- I like Patchy. He's got a peg-leg! That's...like...my number one quality in a man. *nods*
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 5:03 PM
Yes i say more people should enter or i shall cry

atorus- thanks, Cait is quite the stud too. Although it was a tie between a pegleg or a hook...the peg leg seemed the easiest for someone of my non skills to do
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 11:04 PM
Default Application - Zerena Zukai
Name: Zerena Zukai, also know as ZZ or Double-Z. Occasionally Triple Z after I've had a few drinks and a roll in the hay...
Dislikes: Hangovers, Priests, and being tied to the land.
Special Abilities: I've been described as a wavespeaker thanks to my ability to sense the currents and the tides, along with any storms that are heading my way in advance. A little gift, I suppose, that I got from my unknown father.

Face shot

Body Shot

Free Shot

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 11:10 PM
Default Application - Draca
Name: Draca. Just Draca.
Dislikes: Pollution, being stuck in a cage, being on land.
Special Abilities: Well, I'm actually a Mer. You know, half-man, half-fish, this is just my human form I use on land. This means that I can breathe underwater, communicate with dolphins and other species, and if you give me a crowbar I'm sure I can loosen a few boards from the hulls of enemy ships.

Face shot

Body shot

Free shot

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 12:03 AM
Very nice asmodean and SilentPsycho!

And no 999rozes, I didn't take this idea from Lazy Towns (I don't have a tendency to watch kids shows in my spare time). I'm a sailor myself and have an odd non-Pirates of the Caribbean fascination with them. I thought it'd be kind of neat to see other people's ideas of pirates (thinking outside the box of course) interconnected with their Sims games.

Plus, pirates are better than ninjas any day.

Edit: I'll start Round 1 on the 10th. Hopefully we'll get a couple more applicants by then. So tell all your friends, your parents, and your buddies to join!
#17 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 8:32 PM
Come on people! Do I need to get my mystical powers of persuasion out? Please join. It'll save my soul?!
#18 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 8:57 AM
Count me in, I will post by tommorow, as my computer really is not letting me start the sims, grrrrr... I mean Rrrrrrrrrrrr.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 9:39 AM
pirate
Question: will there be alot of writing, or mostly picturetaking? I always fear lot of writing because of my english...

edit: Giving it a try so I'M JOINING. I'll post later tonight my pics
#20 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 11:58 AM
I understand that you said no photoshop but does that include adding borders and text?

Thanks.

Bites and Kisses
Vampire
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 12:45 PM
Vampire_of_Death, I don't believe that you will be needing to add text or borders for any of the rounds. If it really matters to you to have text on the pictures, I guess that's fine. But nothing more should be done to the photos.

Part of the reason I don't like contests that allow photoshop is because there are some people (like me for instance) who can't use it to save their lives. And then, when the contest host says that their "photoshop skills" won't be judge, it ends up that the photoshop skills are judged in a round-about way. I find it more fair to see how creative one can get with in game content and the hacks (or even not the hacks) available to someone.

And Paradise, don't worry about the English thing. They're supposed to be pirates; a group of people, which on the whole, probably don't speak English very well at all (or write it for that matter). Grammar will not be judged.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 4:29 PM
My application - Reeking Diego Dagger
Meet Diego de Cardenas - also known as "Reeking Diego Dagger".
He is aprox 30-35 - he doesn't really remember.
Likes: rum, treasures, a good fight and lovelylooking ladies. In that order.
Dislikes: not having any rum.
Special abilities: He is excellent with a sword.

Headshot

Bodyshot

Freeshot
#23 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 8:45 PM
I know what you mean, mostseem to get by because they can cut out a sim face and put it on a human body, although visually appealling, it kinda defeats the challenge of making a SIM look beauitful. The only reason I would add text is to post my name is the corner to prevent people from reusing my sim in contests, I know, I am a bit parnoid but none the less. Thank you for your quick reply!

Bites and Kisses
Vampire
#24 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 3:43 AM
Name: Jazmin Taylor
Likes: Adventures, storytelling, the sea, sharks, reading.
Dislikes: Snobs, snakes and the mundane.
Special Abilities (What do you have that will help make my ship the best): I'm very quick and agile on my feet, and my mind is just as sharp. I love to have fun but when it's time to buckle down and work I have a great work ethic.

Head Shot:

Body Shot:

Free Shot:

Ever since that pirate man came to my village I have wanted to sail on a pirate ship, feeling the wind on my face...

(My pictures are huge...if you know of a program I can use to resize them please help!!)
#25 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 7:37 AM
Name: Lady Angelique Beau Perio, also known as Lady of Flesh and Blood

Likes: Reading, writing, singing, sword fights, rum, silver, blood, and young men.

Dislikes: Sunlight, smoking, authority and boring days.

Special Abilities (What do you have that will help make my ship the best): I can move quite fast and without being seen. I can't work during the day, but I can see far and hear any approaching enemies when the sun has set. I have great ability with the sword and, since I was raised to be a lady, I know how to read, write, sew, and speak properly. I have a very sharp wit, I am very good at solving puzzles. I am also world renowned for my blood lust, but by different names including Sirona of Slaves In Chains, Vicereine of Afrika, and Lady of Flesh and Blood.

Head Shot:

Body Shot:

Free Shot:

Bites and Kisses
Vampire

Page 1 of 4