Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 7:53 PM
Come on, need at least 3 more. I'd add another, but I've already used my second application. If there are not enough people when you post the round, will you carry on and keep applications open during the first round?

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 9:43 PM
Default Round One
How Long Have Ye Been Sailin'?
Round Ends April 14th Midnight zone is -5 (from the prime meridian, I'm in Maine, USA if that helps)

"All be bloomin life sir! Me mother was a mermaid, me father was king neptune. I was born on the crest of a wave and rocked in the cradle of the deep. Seaweed and barnacles are me clothes. Every tooth in me head is a marlinspike; The hair on me head is hemp. Every bone in me body is a spar, and when I spits, I spits tar. I'se hard, I is, I am, I are"
-From the MMA Regimental Manual

As with any application, give us some background information. Were you accidentally assigned into becoming a pirate or did you always want to be a bloodthirsty murdering scoundrel? Give us the name of the ship you worked on before.

Task One:

This round will only require one task and a confessional. The Old Lady requires that you show her a picture of you before you were a pirate (can be 1-3 shots, no more, can be anything head or body or foot or whatever). Use some creativity in this round; were you the innocent little brat who always got picked on? The office worker sick with her job? Did your nursemaid get told to assign you to a pilot (a person who helps boats into harbors) ship, only to mishear and assign you to a pirate ship? If this is the case, show us your disappointment.

In the confessional, include a picture of you (head, body, whatever, you can use it in the later rounds). Answer this question as well. Do you think you're trying too hard to please the Captain?
#28 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 11:47 PM
Name: Tawny Doyle
Likes: Drinking, fighting, exploring, drinking, fun times, freedom, looting, drinking, singing (sometimes while drinking), and writing (but don't tell anyone). Did I mention drinkin'?
Dislikes: Rich folks, those who are bored with their lives but do nothin' about it.
Special Abilities (What do you have that will help make my ship the best): Well, firstly Ahm the best pickpocket me town's ever seen, Ah been stealin an lyin since I wis a lit'l lad. Ah can get away with right near anythin an if Ah were to be captured--well there'd be no one ta tell them coppers anythin cuz I'd die before Ah turned in me mates.

Head Shot:

Body Shot:

Free Shot:
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 12:02 AM
Just a question, what date and time does this round end? Also, what timezone are you basing this in?

I've taken the pictures, but considering it's after midnight here where I am, my brain's too tired to write it up now so I'll post it later this morning.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

#30 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 11:44 AM
Could you be more specific about the pictures we need (Bodyshot, headshot, free shot, etc.)? Also, is there a picture amount limit because I am thinking that I may do three or four pictures, just to really explain my story. Let me know if this is okay. Thnaks.

Bites and Kisses
Vampire
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 12:20 PM
Default Round 1 - Draca
Task One

Well, I was always the curious loner growing up. After gaining my markings, I was allowed to wander about as I like, but even before then I was a slippery little Mer, so I've always been exploring new things and new places.

The one place I had never been before was a human settlement, so that was the first place I started observing. After shifting into my human form, and stealing some clothes (the weird reactions of the humans who saw me without them got irritating after a while), I spent a while just gazing in awe at everything I could see. It was all so different!

Pity I didn't pay more attention where I was going.

One loose plank, and I ended up falling straight into a crate, knocking myself unconcious on the way. I woke up later to find myself on board a ship called 'The Cuttlefish', a fact which also surprised a crew member when he found me amongst the supplies.

In return for not killing me, I agreed to work for the rest of the journey. Thus began my new life.

Do you think you're trying too hard to please the Captain?

Probably, I don't know. Human customs are really confusing sometimes, and I don't know what they consider trying too hard or trying too little.

#32 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampire_of_Death
Could you be more specific about the pictures we need (Bodyshot, headshot, free shot, etc.)? Also, is there a picture amount limit because I am thinking that I may do three or four pictures, just to really explain my story. Let me know if this is okay. Thnaks.

I was wondering the exact same thing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 1:40 PM
An update was made to Round 1. 1-3 shots is fine, can be anything. Also, I updated when the round ends (sorry, I'll try to find a world clock or a countdown thingy or something).
#34 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 4:05 PM
Okay, thanks. I have work to do!

Also, this is kind of an annoucement. I am not reachable on the weekends, just incase anyone is wondering why I wont answer, or whatever. I am in the eastern time one. Just so everyone knows,but I will see you around 8pm on Sunday, again eastern time.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 6:35 PM
Thanks for clarifying! Now I can see my earlier assumption was wrong, so I need to take a few more pictures. Oh woe is me, I have to take some time to force myself to play the Sims 2.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 6:55 PM
SilentPsycho you've done a really nice job with Round 1. The two week deadline for applicants ends tomorrow, and we still need two more. As much as I'd love for this contest to go through to the finish, it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Round 1 will be extended until Wednesday if the thread isn't closed. The future two rounds will not last as long because we won't have enough time to finish by May 1st if we continue like this. Hopefully everyone's efforts won't go to waste and we can get at least two more applications.
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 10:33 PM
Default Round 1 - Zerena Zukai
Task One

So you want to know about my life then? Meh, I suppose I might as well as long as the booze flows freely.

I'll admit it, I was a rich kid, much to my annoyance. My grandfather was head of a prosperous family along the sea coast, and much to his shame I'm what is known as a 'talented younger daughter', or to put it in more correct term, a bastard. My mother got drunk one Beltane evening, went down to the shore, and re-appeared three months later pregnant with yours truly. Add this story to my natural skill with the seas when I was older, and people started to talk, so my grandfather decided to finally cut his losses and marry me off to a rich lord inland, where I would spend the rest of my days as his 'loving' wife, popping out babies.

Like hell I would.

The night before I was planned to leave, I put on some of my raggiest clothes and ran. There's no chance my grandfather would ever take me from my beloved sea! I sneaked onto whatever ship I could once I reached the docks, and spent the rest of that journey working the bilges of the leakiest tub this side of the ocean.

Since there I've spent my time skipping for one deck to the next. As long as I sail the sea, I'm a happy lass. There have been a few disagreements though, for example, on my last ship, The Sea Bream. You see, me and the captain had differing views...

He thought his hands looked good on my chest, whereas I thought they looked better sliced off and shoved down his throat!

Confessional

Hell no! I've done enough of the trying to be what I'm not, and I'm confident in myself top know that what you see is what you get. I'm no lily-livered craven louse that needs to forever pump their ego up, and nor do I need to have to lie about my worth.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some ale casks to empty.

#38 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 6:26 AM
I love all of the entries alrady, they are wonderful and good luck to all! I think I am going to enter a second sim, then we will only need one more person! Please someone enter, we are soooo close!
#39 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 10:18 PM
Hell, if we only need one more person I'll enter another. I wants this contest to ruunnnn!
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 10:32 PM
Come on you two then. Let's get this show on the road!

Plus, my entries are getting lonely. :D

#41 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 1:02 AM
Mine are sailin over the seven seas (Waiting for my game o load, wont be too long now)

Bites and Kisses
Vampire
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 1:19 AM
Reeking Diego Dagger - Round 1
I hope I'm not too late. Here goes:

Before I became a pirate I worked in a saloon washing and cleaning.
BIG PICTURE http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dagger1om1.jpg
I was an orphan and the gypsy running the place felt sorry for me so she gave me a job. I would always listen to the tales the men would tell while playing cards and drinking. Usually the tales would get greater and grander the more they drank. So when I was old enough I signed up to the ship Charlotte.
http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dagger2uy0.jpg
I was the one looking out for merchandise ships to rob and plunder. It was a hard job, always alert and suffering cold rain and wind. But I learned to be tough.
http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dagger3wi8.jpg

Not really. I love my ship and work hard, but I don't like kissing anyones butt.

--- Different sizes on the pics because I was trying out printscreen to increase the size
#43 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 3:26 AM
Default Application
Name: Arcturus Rex
Age: 3 dog years, i.e; 21 years old. (He is human but relates better with animals.)
Dislikes: Overly obnoxious people, those who disrespect nature, complete silence, and bar brawls.
Special Abilities (What do you have that will help make my ship the best): Arc has more luck than anyone you will ever meet, if he's on board 'tis likely your boat'll stay afloat. He's also got a strange way with animals, but he doubts that will help since the boats not full of landlubbers. Sea animals on the other hand, he's been bitten and stung more times than he can count.

Head shot

Body Shot

Free shot
#44 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 5:27 AM
Application, and round two are finished, but I am having trouble with flickr, so Im done but they will be in aboout 20 min or so. Hope that is okay, Thanks

Bites and Kisses
Vampire
#45 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 6:46 AM
Default Lady of Flesh and Blood
My story begins the week before my 19th birthday. I was part of a very wealthy family. My father had spoken to me that morning quite strangely and was very distant. I continued my lesson until dinner, when there was a strange man sitting across from me. I was told that I would marry him three days after my birthday. I of course protested as I was in love with a man my age whom was the kindest person I had ever met but he was a milkman and was not socially high enough to be with me, so aid my mother. I later found that my family was I financial dept and they had sold me to the highest bidder, which happen to be a 40 year old man whom was only interesting in my "assets". I was fitted for my dress as soon as possible and I made my decision the night before, I would run to my dearest Mason's home and become his wife. I dressed as I would marry and did my hair and wore my veil. I asked to be alone for a moment of prayer. When they had left, I tried to escape out the window, which didn't work, as m dress was too big. I stripped into my corset and petticoat, pulled down my hair and I ran. I was around the block from his home but I saw my parents' carriage at his home, along with the police and I saw no way around this. I headed to town, never to see any of them again.

I walked until I couldn't walk much farther, so I decided to find an inn and hope that they could grant a young lady a room and maybe some clothes. My problem? A man had been following me since I entered the town. He looked quite rugged and I figured he was a pick pocket and quicken my pace. I took a lot of side allies and quickly found my self lost.

I felt an arm slip around my chest and it felt like an icy rain fell on to my entire body and I couldn't move. I felt him move my body into a position that he liked and an intense pain in my neck and then...Bliss. The heat ran through my body like wild fire. Then next thing I knew, I was dressed, covered in a very comfortable bed and everything was moving in a calming rocking motion, as if I was on the Ocean. The next evening, the vampire, whose name was Elijah, just Elijah, explain everything to me and told n=me we were on his ship, the Raven Wing.

Of course not, I don't try to please anyone, ever. My life is a complicated one and I have had a lot of problems, which impresses anyone who hears the entire story.
#46 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 6:53 AM
Default Elijah- Application
Name:Elijah, just Elijah.
Likes:Anything to do with fightin, drinkin, and treasure.
Dislikes: Not much displeases me.
Special abilities: Fast, smart and I am learnin how t' read write and talk like a gentalman from me lover, Lady Angelique.

#47 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 7:04 AM
Default Elijah-Round 1
I don't 'member much 'bout me past, but I'll share what I can.

I was a lonely orphan born in what is now Hungry. I stayed there much of me life, as a beggar and a thief. I saved enough money to travel to Italy, as I had been told I was quite a painter and I wanted to make more than I had been. On the ship ride over, it was attacked by a hoard of bloody thirsty pirates, and I mean that literally. They were all vampires and they tuned me into one of them as I was the strongest there. The rest perished. I didn’t stay with them long and continued to Italy to make a living. Soon enough I meet the same blood lust that they had shown to me and I wanted a mate, so I met Lady Angelique. I converted her and decided to buy a ship and head to sea, just the two of us. We have been sailing together ever since.

#48 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 7:18 AM
Yeah! Ten Applications!

Also, sorry about triple posting, but the others were apps/rouns, so this is best.

Bites and Kisses
Vampire
#49 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 4:21 PM
I'm currently at my dad's house where I don't have the Sims. As soon as I'm able to get on the game I will post my Round 1's. I'm really sorry, I hope I don't get kicked out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#50 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 5:07 PM
Round One ends Wednesday April 16th at 11:59 pm (my time, which is zone -5 {take 5 hours off of the prime meridian time}).

Because of how little time we have left to get to the last rounds, I can't grant any extensions. The Captain wants promptness in her sailors, and the deadline for her to have a complete crew is drawing near.

Page 2 of 4