Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by annachibi
Yes photo, you can use CC. And considering we only have a few contestants, I think Katt will probably be extending the applications.

Actually, considering that out of 5 apps, one has already dropped out, and two would be disqualified if they aren't fixed in time, that would only be three apps if photo enters, and two if she dosen't; I'm going to close the contest rather than extend apps as I just don't feel there is enough interest.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Advertisement
#27 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 2:52 PM
fix stuff?
Do i need to fix anything?
I made some changes to my house which I was going to post but then read that you might be closing the contest??
Inventor
#28 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 8:26 PM
*sigh* All right. Why don't more people on S2C like to do contests? It's weird...
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 8:56 PM
This contest needs to be featured. I've never seen anything like it. ._. I hope you get a lot of applications because if I could build a house I'd enter.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 9:51 PM
Default CisteCaise - Application
Oh, please don't close the contest! I would have posted an entry sooner, it's just that I *just* finished Finals Week at school and it honestly consumed all my time until now. Here's my entry, just in case this contest doesn't get closed (and I certainly hope that it doesn't! It looks like oodles of fun!).

History
Herbert Delapore, the retired captain of the commercial whaling ship Polaris, built this house for his beloved wife Asenath and their two daughters Josanna & Lavinia in 1872 outside of the town of Innsmouth, Massachusetts. The Delapores were a family of whalers and fishermen, until Herbert retired upon the birth of his second daughter Lavinia, who was a sickly child.

Herbert's father, also a whaling ship captain, fashioned a model ship out of scrimshaw for his son; this precious trinket has been passed down through the family for generations. Herbert proudly displayed the ship on his desk.

House Overview

Exterior Collage

First Floor Layout

First Floor Collage

Second Floor Layout

Second Floor Collage

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Field Researcher
#31 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 10:47 PM
This looks like a great contest, but I see that applications end today? Is there any chance you will extend them as I would like to join.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 11:09 PM
I'm working on my entry as I speak. Just installing Kitchen & Bath stuff... I will have it in by tonight.

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Scholar
Original Poster
#33 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CiaoAlora
This looks like a great contest, but I see that applications end today? Is there any chance you will extend them as I would like to join.

Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
Actually, considering that out of 5 apps, one has already dropped out, and two would be disqualified if they aren't fixed in time, that would only be three apps if photo enters, and two if she dosen't; I'm going to close the contest rather than extend apps as I just don't feel there is enough interest.

Ok, here's the deal; NEW apps will be accepted through round one. Current apps posted before 11:59pm GMT-5 tonight that don't fulfill the requirements will be disqualified. If any of the new apps posted through round one do not fulfill the requirements, they will also be disqualified. I feel I have already alerted contestants that need to make changes. If you are un-sure, pm me; I'll be checking my pm's untill 11pm GMT-5 tonight. That will give you at least an hour before the round closes to fix your app if necessary.

Field Researcher
#34 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 11:57 PM
Ok, I'm working on mine now, probably won't finish untill tommorrow though...
#35 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 12:54 AM
Now taking my free pictures. My application shall be done soon.
Inventor
#36 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 3:33 AM
Oh, I'm glad you decided not to close it! Yay!!
Forum Resident
#37 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 4:20 AM
i WILL have an entry in tomarrow... I can't get the kitchen to look right and I don't have time tonight to hunt for an icebox... I do love being Target's redheaded step child

~*I'm a she*~
Scholar
Original Poster
#38 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 4:57 AM
Default Round One: 1900-Electricity!
I'm sorry to announce that due to incomplete aplications the following contestants have been disqualified: Game_Shark and iampinkstar.

Lights! Camera! Action!...Well, ok, Lights!

I'm pushing this a bit here, as most electric items were only for the rich in the early 1900's, but I wanted the Great Depression to be its own story. So, that noted, lights, a radio, percolator, etc. are ok; things like dishwashers, televisions, trash compactors, not ok. Refrigerators/stoves? Well, how rich is your sim family? They ran about $900 in those days, more than some cars! (Remember to check if an item has been invented yet!)

You may use the following additions to the 7x7 main house:

1) a 7x3 addition on the first/ground floor .
2) a 5x3 addition on the first/ground floor .
3) up to 3x5 porch, which may be attached/added to original, but may be seperate too.

oops!!!! I made a mistake!!!
Quote:
4) if you did the split 2nd floor, you MUST expand into the entire 7x7 space.
is part of Round 3 not round one!!! Darn notes! I repeat: You do NOT need to do this for this round!

The 5x3 addition and the 7x3 addition may not touch, and must be made to the 7x7 house. In other words, you can't have the 5x3 added to the 7x3 or vice versa.

You may add/change outbuildings as necessary.

You may add one indoor bathroom.

You may also change the size/locale(not location!) of the lot. Did your family sell off some land or split it between inheritances; or were they prosperous and managed to aquire more? Are you still out in the rural areas, or has urban sprawl reached you?

The home should also be passed on to the "next generation". Even though mom and dad aren't old exactly, they "ain't as spry as I used to be".

Quote:
Picture requirements for each round:
1)1 Overview of Exterior (entire lot)
2)2 Aerials, one of each floor, Interior (3 aerials if using basement, round 3 or later)
3)Up to 3 Photos, which can be collages; featuring interior, exterior and any other outbuildings or lot features; one of which should have the "heirloom"; for a total of up to 6, 7 after round 3 if using basement.

P.S. Don't forget your story

Field Researcher
#39 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 8:56 AM
CiaoAlora, Application

Main Floor Plan:

Upper Floor Plan:

Collages:

Family Notes:
Jemma Peters, the unmarried daughter of the local blacksmith in the small village of Green Valley, was given a home (by her father) upon her twenty-sixth birthday. Her parents thought that the only way to get her wed was to bribe some poor lonely man into it with new home that happened to come with a bride. To her parents delight, she married Jules Cameron after just two months from the time she moved into the house. As a wedding gift, her parents gave her a very finely crafted grandfather clock. Jemma proudly displayed the impressive clock in the small dining room. Over the years, Jemma and Jules celebrated the births of three healthy children, all of which were girls.
#40 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 1:24 PM
that house is so cute CiaoAlora! I kind of want to live there ;]

Round one sounds cool.
So we can add all of those additions if we want to? Are they all required?
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Remyohmy
that house is so cute CiaoAlora! I kind of want to live there ;]

Round one sounds cool.
So we can add all of those additions if we want to? Are they all required?

Yes, you may add all of the additions; they are not all required.

Scholar
#42 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 3:18 PM
Default Application
Overview

Ground Floor Overhead

First Floor Overhead

Inside

Outside

Hamish MacKilligan parents emigrated to America during the Highland Potato Famine. Now that they have retired and moved closer to the town, their small farmhouse has passed to Hamish and his wife, Irene. They also gifted them the family heirloom, a Welsh dresser, which is the only possession left from their time in Scotland. The small croft produces fruit and vegetables, and there is a well on site. Cooking is done over the fire in the kitchen and there are fireplaces in all the main rooms to provide warmth in winter.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 5:21 PM
What are the picture requirements for round one?
Instructor
#44 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 5:28 PM
Wow! What a cool contest (and great apps). I suck at building, so I'm just going to watch at the sidelines. :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#45 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 5:29 PM
Default Interior Shots of Prize Houses

Scholar
Original Poster
#46 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CiaoAlora
What are the picture requirements for round one?

The pic requirements are the same as the app, they will be the same for each round. I added the quote to the round info too.

Quote:
Picture requirements for each round:
1)1 Overview of Exterior (entire lot)
2)2 Aerials, one of each floor, Interior (3 aerials if using basement, round 3 or later)
3)Up to 3 Photos, which can be collages; featuring interior, exterior and any other outbuildings or lot features; one of which should have the "heirloom"; for a total of up to 6, 7 after round 3 if using basement.

Field Researcher
#47 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 7:12 PM
Quick question, are we allowed to expand in the area around the stoop? If so, does the stoop also get moved outward?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Scholar
Original Poster
#48 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CisteCaise
Quick question, are we allowed to expand in the area around the stoop? If so, does the stoop also get moved outward?

You may expand in any direction. You may move the stoop.

Inventor
#49 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 8:08 PM
Phew, this judging is going to be tough! :D
Forum Resident
#50 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 11:49 PM
Default photo Application
Front of House:

Downstairs Layout:

Upstairs Layout:

Collage:

Master Bedroom:

Study:

Overview:

Albert Bryson built this house with his own two hands and two nails, or so he always said. He did build this house and along with his wife, Dolores, he farms it as well. The land was given to them as a wedding gift from his father. As well traveled as they are rich in resources, Albert and Dolores postponed their honeymoon till after they were finished with their home, so their yearlong trip to Europe and the Far East was all the more exciting as she got to pick out furniture and such from all the greatest makers in the world. Their most prized possession is from just this trip a sake set from Japan, where they spent three months. The sake set is displayed proudly in Albert's study. They welcomed their first child, Lily, two months after their return.

*Excuse the pause line around the first picture *

~*I'm a she*~

Page 2 of 9