Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 1:57 PM
I could neve make such great homes.
Make sure you upload them on MTS afterwards!
*imagines her 'hood then *
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 2:17 PM
excellent! 6 apps means we move forward come hell or high water :D

SharnaPax- welcome,i'm glad you joined us! i love that house, i just wish could live there,lol. oh to become a sim :P

Apps will end tomorrow at noon (6/11 @ 12pm EST) so anyone on the fence about joining us please get your applications in. *scratches her head and wonders where p$ycho$immer got to* the more the better folks!

Starwyn- ohhh did you think this would be easy? *patpats Star* this round is the toughest. it was the hardest to come up with and it's the hardest to build, but i think you'll survive without challange this contest wouldn't be a conte...no wait it would still be a contest but...i'll have to get back to you on that one but know it wouldn't be Something!

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Instructor
#28 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 5:54 PM
lol I'm right here. xD

I have my application house all built already and I just need to take the pictures. SO, you'll see them tonight. :D
Scholar
#29 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by starwyn
That is too cute Sharnapax! I would live there!!

Eep, i've already started on the 1st round so i hope more people join soon. Mind you a suburban castle was a tad difficult! lol

I think it's just a matter of where you live in RL. Here in the north-east US they are all over, we call them *looks around and whispers* tudors! lol!

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 1:25 AM
*giggles and looks shocked* crap! they found me out! *runs for the hills*

Instructor
#31 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 9:20 AM
Default p$ycho$immer // Application
*cackles for no good reason*

o.O

Ahem. Yes. Anyway. After reading over the rules once more to make sure everything's kosher, I am posting my entry. xD

// Front View:

A quaint exterior using different materials to complement each other.

// Floorplan:

Open layout with an easy flow. The Sunroom is the bonus room, and it can also be used as a Breakfast Room.

// Builder's Choice:

Large stone wall with fireplace that's retro yet modern.
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 2:53 PM
oh my god, P$ycho that is so 60's tract home...i love it! totally retro but it works,oh how it works :P

Round one has begun! picture requirements posted in 1st post!

the round will go until the everyone has their entries in or the 16th. I'm hoping everyone will be in before then so we can keep this moving along, but theres plenty of time.

Lab Assistant
#33 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 11:38 PM
oh bugger! I've finished my castle LOL It's a single story too but it looks 2 story so i should be able to adjust it what's a parlour?
Instructor
#34 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 12:35 AM
A parlor is basically a formal living room with a fancier name. It was used frequently in the Victorian era to describe the most ornate (and likely the most used) room in the house, which is what we now call the living room. :p
#35 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 1:01 AM
This stupid suburban castle has got me frustrated. :banghead:
I will start again tonight, so if I can get up here where I can connect to the internet I will upload the pictures tomorrow.
Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 1:29 AM
ahh frustration, is there anything sweeter? i kid of course. shelby relax, enjoy it, and don't worry about perfection. you guys have 5 days or so to finish the round so don't beat your head against a wall trying to get it in immediately. i promise the rest of the rounds are much easier to complete...think of this as as 'testing your meddle' for lack of a better phrase. not that that makes it feel any better but I'm not very good at the motivational speeches bit,lol.

yes star at least 2 stories, it can be one room on the second story but it has to be there

and thank you P$ycho, a perfect explanation!

Scholar
#37 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 2:38 AM
Any "builder's choice" pics, or just the 4?

And, I've finished all 5 , neener neener

Now, off to double post! oops! lol!

Scholar
#38 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 2:41 AM
Default Round 1: Sally Sim
Front:

First Floor:

Second Floor:

Rear:

Instructor
Original Poster
#39 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 3:42 AM
lol if you would like to include a 'builders choice' it's up to you...it will not be judged but if you want to offer a different angle on the home go for it!

Katten- i like it! well done making it castle-esque but still working in a suburban hood! and yes, the second story pic is a bit dark, the labels aren't clear at all. all in all very nice!

#40 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 4:47 AM
Default Round 1!
I actually loved this round! :smash: I'll be coming back with a new "Builder's Choice" shot later... I wasn't feeling too creative taking the pictures.

Front

Rear
Going through my downloads folder, I accidentally deleted the porch flooring! :O So what you see in these pictures is just an edit. Same general idea, though.

1st Floor
arrrrg. I forgot to label the kitchen. always something... lol. Anyways, it's the room with the red tile floor.

2nd Floor

3rd Floor

Choice

Detail of the front facade.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 1:07 PM
Default Starwyn~Round 1~Suburban Castle
Front~

Rear~

Downstairs~

Upstairs~
Areas crossed out are not rooms, they are part of the roof.

Instructor
Original Poster
#42 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 2:58 PM
Well done starwyn & Remyohmy. I'm so glad they made it against the rules to judge your own contest because I'd fail epically,lol.

Remy, it looks lovely but you need a rear exterior shot as well. just reminding in case you had forgotten or over-looked it.

my this round is moving along quite quickly...ah the beauty of letting folks work on their entries at any time..i win the contest forums! *snickers*

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 6:30 AM
Default SharnaPax - Round 1
I hope she likes her Suburban Castle, and that it passes all requirements of her Homeowners' Association. I loved doing this round, it made me giggle several times. I would so live here!

Front:

Rear:

First Floor:

Second Floor:

Choice:

Lab Assistant
#44 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 8:28 AM
I love those windows! It never occured to me for either rounds so far to stick my CC folder back in with my downloads.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 3:02 PM
Remyohmy - Your Round 1 post has a "Round 2" title. I think you didn't notice
Instructor
Original Poster
#46 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 3:26 PM
i'm glad you enjoyed this round Sharna. i think you're the only one,lol. i really like that house, i'd live there too, guess i need to work harder on my 'turn humans into sims' machine :P

wow, 4 entries in 3 still to come and if they're anything like the ones already in, this is gonna be a tough round on our judges Looking good guys!

Instructor
#47 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 6:50 PM
I'm just glad that there are no eliminations in this cycle. I'll probably have my entry up tonight or tomorrow, depending on how long it takes to finish it up.
#48 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lenoba
Remyohmy - Your Round 1 post has a "Round 2" title. I think you didn't notice

ahah! whoopsiedasies. I'll.. uh, go fix that ;]

And thanks for the reminder Longdaysend!! I totally would have forgotten.
Instructor
Original Poster
#49 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 7:16 PM
no eliminations? says who? are you guys making up rules behind my back? thats just bad form > shame on you all for such skulduggery! (isn't that an awesome word?)

Remy, s'all good as a general rule the rest of the rounds will have mostly the same picture requirements, just so you know. there will be slight changes but the main ones (exterior and floor plans) will stay the same for every round.

Field Researcher
#50 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 8:22 PM
I'll have my entry in a bit. I was busy trying to finish the round for another contest I'm in that was due today, but I plan on finishing up this house tonight =]

Page 2 of 5