Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 11:51 PM
I edited my entry :]
Advertisement
#52 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 3:26 PM
Default Round One- Shelbylove
I totally forgot about putting in toilets and stuff like that.
Oh well, I cant load my game at the moment because I have a bunch of work to do today.
I guess when the pictures were taken Sally was still...picking out appliances?
Anyway, heres my round. :D

--------------------------------------------

Front:

Rear:

First Floor:

Second Floor:

Lab Assistant
#53 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 1:13 AM
I don't think it's a requirement shelbylove. I think as long as the rooms are labelled correctly it's all good
Scholar
#54 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
And, I've finished all 5 , neener neener

I went to edit the landscaping for the Round 3 lot, 'cause I found some great new plants, and realized the "sunroom" is on the side of the house that gets NO SUN!! lol! So I fliped it. And now it looks stupid on the lot. *sigh* I guess I spoke too soon lol!

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
#55 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 4:42 AM
haha, kattenijin.
it happens to the best of us
lol.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 5:37 AM
whre's the host??
Instructor
Original Poster
#57 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 3:19 PM
i'm here no toilets and cabinets aren't a requirement, i only allow it because most people like to show the layout of the kitchens and such. not a big deal as long as the rooms are labeled.

*points and laughs at Katt a la nelson* ha ha! :P

anyway...this round ends tomorrow at noon (12pm EST) so iceangel and P$ycho time to get them in!

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 3:50 PM
I will have mine in before the round ends. I'm sorry I don't have it in yet, I've been having problems with my eye and had to go to the hospital and stuff, but I just need to take pictures of the house and then I'll post them =]
Instructor
#59 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 6:29 PM
I have no excuse. xD My entry will be in tonight. There are no eliminations, right? D:
Instructor
Original Poster
#60 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 6:48 PM
i think the only elimination s will be those who go MIA or miss the deadline for the rounds..so no, no eliminations

Field Researcher
#61 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 9:08 PM
Default IceAngel12891-Round 1
I hope this is ok, please tell me if I did anything wrong!

Also, some of the writing is in blue because the black wouldn't show up, if I need to change this let me know. Thanks.

Front:

Back:

Overview Downstairs: (I was going to have bedroom four be a living room until I noticed only the parlor and family room were needed)

Overview Upstairs: (I hope the walk in closet is ok?

also note that the flooring by the stairs that looks different is really the flooring from the kitchen/foyer that shows through because of the open space =]

Builders' Choise:

The Walkway
Instructor
Original Poster
#62 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 10:36 PM
looks just fine angel! one down, one to go :D

Instructor
Original Poster
#63 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 4:34 PM
double posting i know,I'm a bad bad girl, but i need to end this round and begin judging. P$ycho has been granted a 12 hour extension, and has not dropped out or anything like that.

judging begins now!

Instructor
#64 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 7:08 AM
First of all, sorry for the delay! xP I'm terrible about deadlines.

// Front View

The original idea was to go for something more along the lines of a Mediterranean villa. However, looking at it now makes it look more Gothic Victorian than Mediterranean. xD

// Rear View

Not much yard in back here, but the side yards are large enough to adequately replace a larger yard.

// First Floor Plan

// Second Floor Plan

// Features
There are three bedrooms and two and one-half bathrooms.
Large family room, formal parlor, dining room, and entry hall.

If I missed anything, let me know (even though it might be too late to change anything xP).
Instructor
Original Poster
#65 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 3:36 PM
okay guys, i'm just waiting for 1 more judge, since theres no eliminations lets begin round 2 so we stay on schedule i will post scores/comments once i have all 3 judges results.

soooo, i'm going to post the picture requirements for round 2 now and change the thread title.

ETA: since the missing judge has still not replied, i've sent it off to the EJ and i am hoping to get the scores and comments up by tomorrow at he latest. i'm sorry guys, for the delay..at least this time it's not my fault! :smash:

Lab Assistant
#66 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 4:22 AM
When is the deadline for this round?

Also, the last two rounds, are there lot size requirements?

Thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#67 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 5:11 AM
i'd say the 23rd as the end of this round..the last 2 will be somewhat shorter but it can't be helped. i'm still waiting on the scores from either the EJ or the regular judge at this point for round 1.

the final round is no lot size limit and the 3rd round is max 4x4..but you can go smaller if you like.

Scholar
#68 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 6:12 AM
Default Round 2: Luke Paintslinger
Front:

Rear:

Main Level:

Lower Level:

Ok, now I have a problem. I can get either this:

That shows the beams...

Or, I can get this:

That shows the roof...

but I can't figure how to get both in the same pic, mainlt as the "beams" are on the second floor, not the first.

And the only angle that I feel shows off the gallery spaces best is:

I've read the pic tutes, but obviously I'm missing something!

And, the "third" floor is mainly volume for the gallery spaces, plus two "view" areas, so I didn't really count it as a floor, as none of it is liveable.

Instructor
#69 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 7:13 AM
That's easy. Take the beam portion of the first photo and photoshop it onto the ceiling of the second photo.
Scholar
#70 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by p$ycho$immer
That's easy. Take the beam portion of the first photo and photoshop it onto the ceiling of the second photo.

Unless, of course, you don't own photoshop. And I can barely use paint to type the names of the rooms, lol!

Instructor
Original Poster
#71 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 5:07 PM
or you can use the two best photos and simply explain the situation in the post.

Finally! the scores/comments for round 1,exactly as they came to me

Round 1 Scores
ShelbyLove:
Creativity: 6/10
Appearance: 3/5
Playability: 5/5

The roof tool is your best friend, don't just slap the auto roof on houses and they will look 10x better. Other than that, I like it. The pond is a nice touch.

Kattenijin:
Creativity: 10/10
Appearance: 5/5
Playability: 4/5

Omg, I love it! Looks like some of the houses in Pebble Beach! The only think, and this is just me, its a bit big, some of those rooms might not get use. At least in my game.

Remyohmy:

Love it! Cute house, love the vines.

IceAngel:
Creativity: 8/10
Appearance: 4/5

Very nice but the outside is a bit blah. And the roof is a bit much. But altogether its good.

Starwyn:
Creativity: 9/10

I love the turrets. The middle roof is a bit much though.

SharnaPax:

Great, great, great! Can't even think of any critiques!

PsychoSimmer:
Creativity: 9/10

It looks a bit boxy to me... Love the outside though. Looks very castley (not a word, I know.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kattenijin:
Creativity 9,
Appearance 5,
Playability 5 =19

Comments: Wow. Very Unusual. Excellent landscaping, and I love the use of exterior stone and brickwork. Excellent layout of rooms. Overall, Perfect. I would love to live there.

Starwyn:
Creativity 9,
Appearance 4,
Playability 5 =18

Comments: Very Castle like,Good landscaping,Lovely exterior stonework. Overall, Excellent Effort.

IceAngel:
Creativity 9,
Appearance 4,
Playability 5 =18

Comments: Nice stone work,Perfect for castles. Landscaping is ok. I like the idea of a breakfast nook and a walk in wardrobe, This Would suit a rich family that would typically live here. Overall, Lovely castle.

Sharnapax:
Creativity 8,
Appearance 4,
Playability 5=17

Comments: Good job. Unusual choice of wall paint used. I like the use of trees to make it more secluded. Excellent floor plan. Very livable. Overall, Great castle.

Remyohmy:
Creativity 8,
Appearance 4,
Playability 5=17

Comments: Good job. Detail on front exterior is awesome. Good floor plan(nice shaped rooms). Wasnt too keen on exterior wall paint, But that's just personal preference. Overal, Very nice castle.

Shelbylove:
Creativity 7,
Appearance 3,
Playability 5=15

Comments: Great House. Could do with a bit more landscaping. Window placement could also be a bit neater. Although very homely It isnt really that castle like,as i could see it as a family home rather than a castle. However Very good effort this round. it is a lovely home with a great interior floor plan. Overall, Good effort.

Py$co$immer:
Creat 8
Appearance 5
Playability 5

Comments: I love the brickwork you have chosen as it complements the house very well. Good use of landscaping used and excellent floor layout. Very good entry well done. Overall Superb. Looks fabulous.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shelbylove

Your round one was pretty disappointing. I can't see anything castle-like in the house you posted. I find it nothing unusual at all, I think you could do better with this one. It is not even very creative and has no landscaping (I substracted no points for this). Think medieval AND suburban.
It is playable so I only wanted to substract a point because I don't like all the walls to be perpendicular, but then I didn't.

Creativity 3/10
Appearance 2/5
Playability 5/5

Kattenijin

I love this one. No unused space, great architecture, landscaping, appearance. The tower is very realistic, but it is still appropiate for suburbanic neighborhood. Great job! I don't want to substract points just because it would seem perfect. But it is.

Creativity 10/10
Appearance 5/5
Playability 5/5

Remyohmy

This is great, I love the rustic feeling and especially the front. I will only substract a point for playability, because I don't feel right about the 2nd floorplan. Too many halls! Otherwise, I don't have anything to preach about.

Creativity 10/10
Appearance 5/5
Playability 4/5

IceAngel12891

Great job this round just as the application. But I didn't just find what I was looking for in your entry. I dislike the stoniness of the house. It seems like it's a peasant/merchant house, not a castle really. You weren't very creative with the roof, so I'll give you less points for creativity and one less for appearance. Playability is OK.

Creativity 8/10
Appearance 4/5
Playability 5/5

Starwyn

Oops! I don't think Sally would get away without a fine with this one! This is very fairytale-like, I miss realistic and playability in it. Also it's beeing too bright and uncomfortable, after all, it should have a warm, homely feeling. I don't like the too symmetrical appearance of your house and the wallprint wich doesn't fit in suburban at all. Too many spare rooms!

Creativity 7/10
Appearance 4/5
Playability 3/5

SharnaPax

Gee, I'm lovin' it! May you read my comment on kattenijin's entry? Yours would have been very similar, the only thing I dislike is the way roof is way too much over the edge of wall (tower). But I know perfection is hard to reach.

Creativity 10/10
Appearance 5/5
Playability 5/5

p$ycho$immer

Uncreative flooring and wallprints. Too big for suburban. That's why I substracted points. Next time try to add more variability to your entry.

Creativity 7/10
Appearance 3/5
Playability 5/5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay guys thats all of them if anyone needs anything you can feel free to PM me or post here. sorry for being a bit distant this week,real life is beating me up. i'm around i promise

Field Researcher
#72 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 6:58 AM
I worked for practically two hours or more just on the dang roof lol, I finally just gave up. So yeah, I agree, it is a bit much but it was killing me haha. I also agree with the stoniness, I'm not too good when it comes to the exterior walls. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the round. Thanks for the feedback =]
Instructor
Original Poster
#73 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 5:32 PM
okay guys the round ends tomorrow at noon and i only have one entry in so far. *preach lecture preach* as so in conclusion lets get those entries in ladies (gentlemen)!

like how i skipped over the boring bits? yeah, me too...

Field Researcher
#74 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 2:23 AM
I have all my pictures, I just have to get my nephew off my other computer (the pictures are obviously on that one, haha) to post them lol.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 2:43 AM
ok i'm out sadly. I have done everything possible to get sims up and running again. My laptop can't handle it, not even the base game. I had already finished and taken pics of this rounds house and i absolutely loved it. I can't even get the pics to show you. I'm very angry my computer couldn't hold out a few more weeks (tax time) so i can buy a new one. Apologies all, i was really enjoying this contest and have never ever dropped out of a contest before.
Hopefully you will have another one so i can attempt this again.

Page 3 of 5