Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2008 at 9:14 PM
Default Ultimate Status Symbol : Supermodel vs Celebrity-WINNER ANNOUCED, COME IN & CONGRAT!

In the past models were the ultimate status symbol representing fashion but, today fashion designers and major fashion companies are bringing in more and more celebrities.

Who will do it better? The supermodels or the celebrities? It is time to put both to the test, to discover the ultimate status symbol. 14 hopefuls will compete for the chance to prove that they are the best. In the end, there will be only one winner but, will it be one of the supermodels or one of the celebrities? At the end that question will be answered.

Through grueling rounds and going up before the judges, they will have to prove to us and themselves that they have what it takes to be the “Ultimate Status Symbol”.

RULES

• Adult female and males can apply
• Rounds will be 4-5 days (depending on the number of pics required for the tasks). Judging 1 day.
• Photoshopping is allowed and in most cases necessary due to all rounds will be about print advertisements…there can be no altering of the actual Sims…i.e.: no simmerizing.
• Simposing is not allowed.
• Modeling hacks are allowed but, would like to encourage you to be creative and maybe use the hacks as a source to photoshop your poses so, they are more unique.
• Any size sims is welcome but, must be human.
• Can enter up to 2 Sims, but only one will make it into the final 14.
• Do not submit downloaded Sims to the contest, they have to be your own creations
• Please refer to this link for the forum’s contest and contestant rules http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=28741

The following rules are most important for you to be considered for the each round!
• Make sure that you submit pictures for each round, if you can not submit them in the time frame outlined, send me a PM, before the deadline, with an explanation. No deadline extensions will be given unless you have a really good reason (i.e.: pc/game issues, family emergency). If an extension is given it will be only for a few extra hours, no extra days will be handed out. We are being hard on this out of fairness to the other contestants who have made an effort to be on time, we know that emergencies come up and you will not be penalized for those. If you feel that you will not have the time to devote to this and meet the deadlines then you probably are not going to get far in the rounds. Anyone not submitting pictures in the required timeframe or has not be given an extension will be eliminated.
• Any public whining about a task is concerned unprofessional and something that we frown upon.
• Be nice and respectful…finally, have fun and enjoy this experience

Note: to judges…modeling hacks are allowed out of fairness, not everyone is skilled with photo-editing applications so, if you are bias to modeling hacks and feel that you can not judge or comment fairly then please pass this by.

Requirements: Must fill out the provided score card for each round, respond with their scores within 24 hours, give comments for each round….please pm me if you are interested.
1. cchagdes
2. ZombieJill
3. Psy10
Emergency Judges (need 1 emergency judges who is online on a regular basis and can reply to the pm within hours)
1. Me

Judging Criterion
• Emergency judges will be called in if we have not heard from the main judges within 24 hours of pming them.

What you will be scored on:
Creativity (1-10 pts)
Appeal (Did you sell the product) (1-10 pts)
Task Completion (1-10 pts)
Photo Composition (1-10 pts)
Total score will be worth 40 points

• Each round you will start with zero, (the previous round scores will not be tallied together) After all the points are tallied up, the contestants will be ranked from highest to lowest. The ones with the lowest scores will be eliminated. The number of eliminations per round is dependent on the number of contestants who have submitted their entries on the said round. If you fail to submit one or more of the required pictures, you will be automatically eliminated.

Name:
Why do you feel you should be the Ultimate Status Symbol?

Application Requirements: Estimated end for apps 6/10/08 Midnight EST
1 headshot without make-up
1 Bodyshot – in a print advertisement (clothing, shoes, etc)

Note: If you choose to enter as a celebrity, you do not need to be a real life celebrity, if you do choose to represent a real life celebrity that is great, just make sure it is one of your own creations.

Supermodels

Celebrities

1. Rae Wilson (Essa) App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Final Round
2. Tallulah Black (Jonesi) App + Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Final Round
3. Uella Nickson (Will9525) App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Final Round

Dropped Out
Glena Thompsovik (Plumbob) App Round 1
Ezrah Akram (breezy22) App
Jo Douglas (HEART shaped) App
Thai Williams (Cinamun) App Round 1 Round 2
Grace Gabbana (rainbowshoes) App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3

Disqualified/Eliminated
Gina Costner (RIPMYJEANZ) App + Round 1 Disqualified
Alaina Bronston (omgitsashley) - App Round 1 Disqualified
Caprica Belzen (Freelancer) App Round 1 Disqualified
Sychedelie Du'Olivier (Dreea) - App Round 1 Round 2 - Eliminated
Charlene Davernport (Michele D) App Round 1 Round 2 Eliminated
Maude Fontanne (ralph) App Round 1 Round 2 Eliminated
Paola Santos (xxcali canelaxx) App Round 1 Round 2
2. Dalena Rafael (Liv) App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3

The theme of the rounds is "Round the World"
Round 1 – Asia - 6/11/08 - 6/15/08 TASKS COUNTDOWN
Round 2 – Europe - 6/17/08 - 6/21/08 Tasks COUNTDOWN
Round 3 – Africa - 6/23/08 - 6/28/08 Tasks COUNTDOWN
Final Round – North America - 6/29/08 - 7/4/08 COUNTDOWN

**Dates are estimated.

A prize to all of the top finalists in the final round.

Winner will get all the prizes
2nd Place will get Giverny, Alucia and Persephone
3rd Place will get a two choices between Giverny, Alucia and Persephone
4th Place will get a choice between Giverny, Alucia and Persephone

Eyeshadow Set by ZombieJill

Giverny

Alucia - 2nd Place Winner in the "Miss Congeniality" contest

Persephone by HEART_shaped

This contest will run from 6/5/08 - 7/5/08
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 8:39 PM
Contest Approved
Begins 6.5.08
Ends 7.6.08
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 10:00 PM
Checking in .

The plan is to have fun, fun, and maybe learn a thing or two .
#4 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 10:35 PM
Default Application//Gabrielle Holcomb
APPLICATION

Name: Alaina Bronston
Team: Celeb
I think i should be the ultimate status symbol because im confident in myself and if you're confident you will go far, i have whatever it takes. and I know i can win

..portfolio pictures..

Headshot:
without makeup-ugh horrible

Bodyshot:

Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 11:24 PM
Welcome omgitsashley ! Gabrielle is beautiful, I love her eyes. Don't forget to answer the app question (Why do you feel you should be the Ultimate Status Symbol?). Can't wait to see your complete entry...again welcome!

I am around, so if anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to ask .
#6 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 1:08 AM
for the ad, how do you want it exactly? like a page in a magazine or something?
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 2:44 AM
It can be as simple as just you posing in a outfit and having the designer name on the background

Here is an example it does not need to get anymore fancy or complicated then this...I hope that helps. I and the judges just want to get a feel of your model's experience and style.

#8 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 4:26 AM
ok thanks
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 5:17 AM
I hope that helped, just have fun remember this is just the application process and I doubt that there will be an over abundance of apps so, there will not be any judging on the apps. Mainly just want to get to see what your girl has to give to the contest and looking forward to seeing your finished app and hopefully some more applications
#10 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 5:39 AM
i hope more people join. ill have my finished app up tomorrow sometime. ive been looking for backgrounds that will help me make it look better, and deciding which pose i want to use. i know its just an app but i like to make it look good
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 6:52 AM
That'a girl, that is what I love to hear, a person after my own heart . Oh, backgrounds, I think I spend more time looking for backgrounds or setting up a background then I do with the actual pose..lol.

Note: I had to change my nick for here when the whole password thing happened so, some of you may know me previously as jaela. I have hosted several contests previously here...you that know me know that my contests are usually lots of fun and challenging .
#12 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 6:55 AM
lol me 2....

comon' ppl join!!

do you do contests on insim? because i seen a JAELA on insim and ive been trying to follow her work (dont know if its you or not) but shes in miss earth. and her freeshot is stunning. i wish i could do that lol. so if thats you *props* amazing, if not then owell haha
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 7:14 AM
can i be a judge? you said you needed judges.
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 7:31 AM
Hi cchagdes nice to meet you....I have sent you a pm about the judging . Thank you for stepping up to the task.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DiDi
Hi cchagdes nice to meet you....I have sent you a pm about the judging . Thank you for stepping up to the task.

Got it!
Read/replied...and ready!
:einstein
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 7:55 AM
Welcome aboard cchagdes . Have you listed on the first thread as a judge.
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 12:05 PM
Default Sychedelie Du'Olivier - App
Name: Sychedelie Du'olivier
Team: Supermodel
Why do you feel you should be the Ultimate Status Symbol? Because I'm beautiful, unique, smart and sexy and I want to take my shot at the ,,ULTIMATE'' status.

Face

Body
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 12:17 PM
Welcome Dreea ! Sychedelie is gorgeous and your app is just what I am looking for. I am assuming that Sychedelie's last name is Du'Olivier it is under location if I am wrong let me know .
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 3:51 PM
Thanks, DiDi. And yes, Du'Olivier it's her last name...I'm sorry I'll change it right now :P
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 4:03 PM
Thanks Dreea and it was no biggie, it made me chuckle and then start to wonder if there was a new country...lol...this old brain has a hard time keeping up with current events.
#21 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 4:16 PM
I'll definitely be joining, just give me a lil bit, my game is all messed up and i had to delete my downloads, so now im on a scavenger hunt for everything. sucks! lol

but i will be joining!
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 4:42 PM
Wonderful Jackie, can't wait to see your entry! Oh yes, losing downloads, and the game messing up sucks! I don't know about you but, I have favorite things that I use all the time and those are the ones that I usually can't remember where I got them.

Note: In the next day or two if it looks like we will have enough to move onto round 1, I will post round 1 early while apps are still being taken so, you all will have some extra time.

Will be gone for a while will be back later on today.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 9:53 PM
Lovely entries so far! Great idea for a contest DJ! Looking forward to seeing more entries!

I'm Michele D......
Original Poster
#24 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 4:36 AM
Checks in and sighs seeing no new apps.....stomps her feet and screams....."Come on guys!!!!"
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DiDi
Checks in and sighs seeing no new apps.....stomps her feet and screams....."Come on guys!!!!"

Give it some time! Your one of the best hosts out here! Maybe too nice lol

Never mind!

I'm Michele D......

Page 1 of 19