Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 1:30 AM
Sorry; I didn't see that. My computer is acting glitchy.

Maxis recolors do not count, because it is Maxis content. I thought I went over that in the rules. Sorry if I didn't.
Advertisement
#27 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 2:39 AM
mine will deff be up tomorrow i promise
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 2:48 AM

I'm exicited to see it Ashley!
Test Subject
#29 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 5:49 AM
Judge checking in!

Can't wait to see all the wonderful apps!

Bon Chance!!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 2:24 PM
I changed the decor pic on my application since everyone else so far has been posting a pic of a fully decorated room. Still not entirely clear on what was expected, but it's ok. The descriptions of the rounds seem less confusing, so it's all good.
Test Subject
#31 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 3:01 PM
Default Application Round: Elin DeVries
The Designer:

Elin DeVries

A house i've build

Decorating

I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh. But I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry........
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 6:24 PM
I love all the applications! We only have two more days left, and we need some more applicants; I hope we get enough people!
#33 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 11:11 PM
i added my house, and another builder
Scholar
#34 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 3:40 PM
Default Application: Vivian Montavarious
ill join. lemme go in and take the pics! :D
EDIT: yayzzz
This is the desighner; Vivian Montavarious

A house she just got done over-seeing:

And this is the masterbedroom of the home; she says "i like the warmness of it, it has a comtable and luxurious feel to it...which i like"
#35 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 4:47 PM
i LOVE that house night racer
#36 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 8:32 PM
can i be a judge?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 10:25 PM
Sure, I'll add you to the list!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 12:49 PM

Round One:
Focus: BUILDING.
Start the layout of your one-story ranch. Furnish it as you would a new home. [IE: appliances, stairs, light fixtures, ect.]

The home is for a fairly rich five person family. They parents enjoy entertaining quite often, and the mother's favorite pastime is cooking. The would like the bedrooms secluded from the living area of the home, preferably near the kitchen and backyard. A basement for the family is optional, not required.

DO NOT DECORATE THE HOME WITH ANY "LIVED IN" ITEMS. ONLY ITEMS YOU WOULD FIND IN A BRAND NEWLY BUILT HOME, like COUNTERS, LIGHTS, WINDOWS, FLOORING/WALLPAPER/PAINT, WATER FIXTURES, ECT.

Judges, please PM me scores based on the requirements in the third post. Comments/Constructive criticism are welcome.

7/9 to 7/16 end at 12:00 PM, GMT TIME.
Instructor
#39 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 8:46 PM
Default Joseph Arachison ~ Application ~ alexisaiger
I love the Maxis-mesh concept, so here goes.

Designer: Joseph Arachison

Building Example:

Decorating Example:

Test Subject
#40 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 9:05 PM
Question: Are we suppose to do the landscaping this round. Ore do you want this round basic landscaping, and the next round or so the "finished" backyard??

Can we use cc for this round?? and then i'm thinking at plants, fences etc...

I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh. But I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry........
#41 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 9:19 PM
5 people. im guessing mom, dad and 3 kids? does it have to be 4 bedrooms? or can it be like 3? and yes im wondering about landscaping also. does the CC refer to that as well?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 9:43 PM
Quote:
Question: Are we suppose to do the landscaping this round. Ore do you want this round basic landscaping, and the next round or so the "finished" backyard??

Can we use cc for this round?? and then I'm thinking at plants, fences etc...

You use the five CC rule for all upcoming round unless said so in the post. Fences wouldn't count because...well 5 fence parts? They'd be part of the expect ion. Landscaping would wait till the next round. The 'finished' backyard with all items that a family would normally in after they move in. Pools can be added in this round.

Quote:
5 people. im guessing mom, dad and 3 kids? does it have to be 4 bedrooms? or can it be like 3? and yes im wondering about landscaping also. does the CC refer to that as well?

Yes, but I won't disclose anything specific yet because all that will come in handy when decorating..Plus, does a builder know who he/she is building for? You have to please the general audience. You can pick the amount of bedrooms, bathrooms, ect. Just plan ahead, but not too much. You never know what people move into the home you build. I hope thats not too much to ask...

Have fun guys!!

EDIT: With all the questions, I didn't see the new App! Welcome, and have fun!!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 9:43 PM
These houses are gorgeous! I haven't made a beautiful house since I have the game! :handbag:

I'm Michele D......
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 11:38 PM
There will be no judging for application, because how can you judge portfolios? Unless you want us to judge them on creativity...PM us or reply here with want you guys think.

grayx3
#45 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 1:45 AM
i dont think we should be judged on the apps. i didnt put the effort into it. i never really do in apps, plus what would you judge? just creativity? let me know so i can change it if we are judging apps
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 2:44 AM
Yeah, thats what I thought.
So we'll go with the original plan.

No judging on the apps, round one will be judged. Make sure you follow though on the CC rule! Don't wanna dock points for that...
#47 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 3:01 AM
yay! thanks, got me nervous there lol
*goes and looks for really cool floor plans*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omgitsashley
*goes and looks for really cool floor plans*

be sure not to copy it entirely! that would be plagerism and dock point off oringality.
Test Subject
#49 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 2:23 PM
Round 1: Elin DeVries ~BUILDING~
Front Of The House
Entrance
Kichen
Livingroom Details
Part of the Master Bathroom
Details of the 2nd Bathroom
Back of the house with patio and pool area
Overhead
CC Used:
~ Victorian Porch Fenche in Light Wood By Holy Simoly
~ Sheridan Fenche Pale By Manga_Moon for MTS2
~ Backless Clean Water Shower System By Hugelunatic
~ Maxis-match upper Cabinet by WDS
~ Recolour kitchen by ???
~ Independent Expressions Inc. Standard Windows by MaryLou
~ Range cookerhood by ??? (it's actually a light)

#50 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 2:53 PM
i know but its where i get most of my ideas, i look at a few and combine them

Page 2 of 5