Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 1:25 AM
Default Sorority Life: The Var Cham Annya Chapter / Round 3 Posted!!

Sorority Life: The Var Cham Annya Chapter

Welcome to Sorority Life: The Var Cham Annya Chapter!
The Var Cham Annya Sorority was created in 1908 by Susan Edwards & Mary Johnston. This sorority is
designed for women of all kinds. Var Cham Annya was created to help women feel at home while they attend
University. In this sorority you will meet the friends of a lifetime, or as we like to call them, SISTERS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules
  • Must follow all Sims 2 Community Forum rules!
  • All sims must be your own creations. No Sim Stealing!
  • Your sims *must* be FEMALE & YOUNG ADULTS.
    If you don't have University and still wish to enter please be sure that your ADULT sim 'looks' like a University Student.
  • Any and all custom content is allowed

This contest will have NO ELIMINATIONS & winner will be selected
by the person with the most cumulative points at the end of Round 3.

WHAT THIS CONTEST WILL TEST YOU ON
We are looking to find the pledge of the year.
Storytelling will be judged highly, as well as creativity.
Decorating will be required for one of the rounds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rounds

Application - Meet the Pledges (Intro) 07/03/08-07/08/08
Round 1 - New Faces/New Places (Decorating) 07/09/08-07/15/08
Round 2 - Getting to know YOU! (Storytelling/creativity) 07/16/08-07/22/08
Round 3 - Scavenger Hunt (Creativity/Rule Following) 07/23/08-07/29/08

Sorry about the rounds being somewhat short & ending early, but I'm going on vacation July 30th!

Top: Desiree, Kristie, Destiny, Ashley
Bottom: Jenna, Sarah, Natalie, YOU

The sisters of Var Cham Annya invite *YOU* to pledge their sorority.

1. Lenoba/Duana Oetker App Round 1 Round 2
2. TLAWBLIQUE360/Elizabeth Monroe App Round 1 Round 2
3. emodawg/Dana Lewis App Round 1 Round 2
4. ashleybrooke/Naomi Kirklin App Round 1 Round 2
5. Simply_Sims/Emily Clark App Round 1 Round 2
6. HEART_shaped/Jo Douglas App Round 1 Round 2
7. CisteCaise/Deniece McGillicuddy App Round 1 Round 2

Drop Outs
1. Stacyy/Aurora Elisa Jase App
2. xJOLFx/Yulia Rose App Rnd 1
3. _RIPMYJEANZ_/Cheyanne Cordelli App Rnd 1
4. NiamhIE/Josie Holt App Rnd 1
5. simcharley1990/Ameila Bailey App Rnd 1

Judges
1. omgitsashley
2. gwengirl9105
3. PuX- 80's

Emergency Judges

Please PM ME if you are interested in being a judge!

Application - Meet The Pledges

Name:
Where are you from:
How did you find out about our sorority?
What makes you the perfect canidate for Var Cham Annya?

REQUIRED PHOTOS
  • Headshot of Sim
  • Bodyshot of sim on a plain bg - MUST WEAR OUR SIGNATURE COLOR. (Teal/Turquoise)
  • Free Shot of your sim somewhere on Campus.

APPS WILL BE DUE 07/08/08 @ 11:59PM EASTERN TIME

Credit to bP for her idea!

Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 1:49 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 7.2.08
Ends 8.2.08
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 9:26 PM
Heyy I'm here!! You can start posting now!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 9:30 PM
Been waiting for you to check in so I could post :D. I'm definitely joining and should have an application up soon.

Perhaps I missed it, but when are apps due?

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 9:33 PM
Hehehe! I've been so busy with work lately I didn't get to check the boards till today =X

Apps will be due 07/08/08 @ 11:59PM Eastern Time =)

I can't wait to see your entry Rabid!
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 10:34 PM
Can't wait to see the entries I'll be getting to judge.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 10:51 PM
Are fantasy-type or non-human sims allowed?

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 3:20 PM
Default Application: Duana Oetker
Name: Duana Oetker

Freshman/Sophmore/Junior/Senior: Freshman

Where are you from: France

How did you find out about our sorority? At this club... I think it's called Rum-a-Boom or something? I heard some girls talking about pledging your sorority.

What makes you the perfect canidate for Var Cham Annya? I'm different. No more too-high-heels, too-low-neckline, too-much-makeup girls. I prefer not so shiny and tight dresses, but something different and colorful. Also I really like hanging out and I'm new at the college so I don't have any friends yet. I used to go out with a group of friends back in France and I heard about all the fun you gals have - Var Cham Annya, here I come!

Freeshot:

Drinking from a bottle at Rum-a-Boom. A freaky mascot guy cept me company. (the person dancing in front is who I heard of Var Cham Annya from!).

CLICKING FOL FULL PICTURE IS A MUST!
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
Are fantasy-type or non-human sims allowed?

Sure, as long as they are young adult females =)
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 8:42 PM
Nice seeing such an original idea! I'll be placing up my app very soon.
#11 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 9:02 PM
Great idea, I love storytelling contests. Boolpropped's Greek was the first sim contest I ever entered so Im familiar with the concept.Fingers crossed we get ten contestants. Gonna make a sim. Is the bodyshot for a group shot?
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TLAWBLIQUE360
Is the bodyshot for a group shot?

Yes it is. hehe
#13 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 4:34 AM
Default Elizabeth Monroe - Application

Name: Elizabeth 'Eli' Monroe
Freshman/Sophmore/Junior/Senior: Sophomore
Where are you from: I am from the Desiderata Valley, a haven for upper-class housewives.
How did you find out about our sorority? From my advisor. She suggested, with my mom's urging, that I try more feminine pass-times.
What makes you the perfect canidate for Var Cham Annya? Well I'm a well rounded student and an all-round nice girl. I was my high school senior class president which I think means I'm personable. Right now I have a 3.5 gpa and am starting for the college's soccer team. Besides classes, soccer, and the occassional dorm party I've become a bit of a shut in. It's time to become my full self again.

FREESHOT
Practicing my goalie moves on the school field.

#14 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 5:35 AM
great apps so far! lets see some more
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 11:20 PM
Default App; Ameila Bailey.
Application - Meet The Pledges

Name: Ameila Bailey, But you girls can call me Lia.

Freshman/Sophmore/Junior/Senior: Halfway through Sophmore year

Where are you from: Riverblossem Hills

How did you find out about our sorority?: The campus newspaper, it had a recent article about your roof-rasing house partys.

What makes you the perfect canidate for Var Cham Annya?:I've worked so hard through the time i've spent here at uni and I have never really experinced that 'collage life' everyone around campus talks about, and I really hope to get a chance at that as i'm a really fun girl. I hope to be joining your family soon, Sisters.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/...rley-29/Lia.jpg

I love art & textile my ambition is to be a fashion designer.
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/...ightyLarger.jpg <<(click for better picture.)

I hope i've done everything right as this is my first contest :S. I tried to do the body shot as best as i can and i hope the plain background thing and dress is ok, as i hardly have CC. :D

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#16 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 12:15 AM
7 to go. Nice app charley!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 3:15 AM
I REALLY want to enter this, I opened up my sims and it crashed after I got my headshot... I wont be able to finish my app tomorrow, could you possibly extend the deadline till the 9th please? If not I understand thank you

x
#18 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 8:03 AM
Im not the host but there are only 3 entries so Im pretty sure the apps will have to remain open (unless the host decides to close the contest- which would be a bummer cus its a pretty neat concept). Can't wait to see your app emo!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 12:13 PM
Default Dana Lewis - Application

Name: Dana Lewis
Freshman/Sophmore/Junior/Senior: Sophmore
Where are you from: New York
How did you find out about our sorority? My older cousin pledged for this house, said she had the time of her life, I'd love to have a similar college experience.
What makes you the perfect canidate for Var Cham Annya? I' the life and soul of the party, very socialable and friendly and I can generally get on with anyone. If I can have roof raising parties in my tiny dorm room, think of what I could do in a whole sorority house!

Headshot

Bodyshot

Freeshot-Dorm room party!

Links to bigger pic

Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 2:14 PM
Default Naomi Kirklin - Application
Name: Naomi Kirklin
Freshman/Sophomore/Junior/Senior: Sophomore
Where are you from: Oasis Valley
How did you find out about our sorority? When I transferred here I had to attend a transfer student orientation one week before all of the other students arrived. Var Cham Annya was at the meet and greet the first night in the HUB and I got to meet some really great girls. After orientation my second day, I walked the campus and ended up on Greek Row. As I admired the architecture of the houses there, I stumbled upon the VCA house and saw a bunch of the sisters outside having a water balloon fight. It looked like a ton of fun.
What makes you the perfect candidate for Var Cham Annya? Well, I'm smart, funloving and loyal. I want to help better the school and town and I think that being in a sorority is the best way to be active in the community. I also want to meet a lot of great girls and make friends that will last a lifetime.

Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 4:33 PM
TLAWBLIQUE360 -Thanks i really liked yours!
bYours are great too emo & ashely,
Emo, Dana got oreo's in her dorm party, i want oreos! :D
All of your pictures are really good.

#22 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 5:31 PM
Name: Emily Clark, although my friends call me "Emme"
Freshman/Sophmore/Junior/Senior: Freshman
Where are you from: Veronaville
How did you find out about our sorority? My mother, Lana Harte, and my aunt, June Harte were both proud members of Var Cham Annya!
What makes you the perfect candidate for Var Cham Annya? It's a family tradition! Since I was a little girl, I've dreamt about being a Var Cham Annya member. I feel like I'm destined to be here. Not only that, but I'll be the best friend and sister you'll ever need.

I love the University coffee shop! It's a great place for meeting new people and hanging out with friends.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 7:36 PM
i like your app simply_sims

#24 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simcharley1990
i like your app simply_sims

Thanks! I like yours, too.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 10:23 PM
I hope it's ok that i slighty edited my app. Can't wait till round one!

Page 1 of 7