Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 9:52 PM
Default Concealed - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!! Come in and congrat the winner.

It takes more than a pretty face to be a top model. This contest is going to prove that. In all rounds your sim’s face will be concealed (masks, shadows or poses) in each fierce round you will have to sell your model and the fashion by their poses and not the beauty of their face. Also, to add to the being concealed the creators of each model will be concealed also, all entries will be pm’d to the host and posted by her…now, your model will truly be fully concealed to all.

• Adult female and males can apply
• Rounds will be 4-5 days (depending on the number of pics required for the tasks). Judging 1 day.
• Photoshopping is allowed and in most cases necessary due to all rounds will be about print advertisements…there can be no altering of the actual Sims…i.e.: no simmerizing.
• Simposing is not allowed.
• Modeling hacks are allowed but, would like to encourage you to be creative and maybe use the hacks as a source to photoshop your poses so, they are more unique.
• Any size sims is welcome but, must be human.
• Can enter up to 2 Sims, but only one will make it to Round 1.
• Do not submit downloaded Sims to the contest, they have to be your own creations
• Do not submit thumbnails with a link to your photo submission...all photos must be submitted to me as a full photo with no links.
• Please refer to this link for the forum’s contest and contestant rules http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=28741

The following rules are most important for you to be considered for the each round!
• Make sure that you submit pictures for each round, if you can not submit them in the time frame outlined, send me a PM, before the deadline, with an explanation. No deadline extensions will be given unless you have a really good reason (i.e.: pc/game issues, family emergency). If an extension is given it will be only for a few extra hours, no extra days will be handed out. We are being hard on this out of fairness to the other contestants who have made an effort to be on time, we know that emergencies come up and you will not be penalized for those. If you feel that you will not have the time to devote to this and meet the deadlines then you probably are not going to get far in the rounds. Anyone not submitting pictures in the required timeframe or has not be given an extension will be eliminated.
• Any public whining about a task is concerned unprofessional and something that we frown upon.
• Be nice and respectful…finally, have fun and enjoy this experience

Note: to judges…modeling hacks are allowed out of fairness, not everyone is skilled with photo-editing applications so, if you are bias to modeling hacks and feel that you can not judge or comment fairly then please pass this by.

Requirements: Must fill out the provided score card for each round, respond with their scores within 24 hours, give comments for each round….please pm me if you are interested.
1. I.nfectious
2. RIPMYJEANZ
3. bROOke-lynn
4. Dreamydre15
Emergency Judges (need 1 emergency judges who is online on a regular basis and can reply to the pm within hours)
1. grayx3eyedsoul

Judging Criterion
• Emergency judges will be called in if we have not heard from the main judges within 24 hours of pming them.

What you will be scored on:
Creativity (1-10 pts)
Appeal (Did they sell the fashion and themselves) (1-10 pts)
Task Completion (1-10 pts)
Photo Composition (1-10 pts)
Total score will be worth 40 points

• Each round your score will be accumulative (the previous round scores will be tallied together with the current round score) After all the points are tallied up, the contestants will be ranked from highest to lowest. The ones with the lowest scores will be eliminated. The number of eliminations per round is dependent on the number of contestants who have submitted their entries on the said round. If you fail to submit one or more of the required pictures, you will be automatically eliminated.

Name:
Application Requirements:
1 headshot – Plain background - Your face must be concealed in some way

Contestants:

1. Malindi Manipay App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Final Round
2. Angie Brown App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Final Round
3. Nika Vari App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3
4. Bella Nyx App Round 1 Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Final Round
5. Heather Parx App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Final Round
6. Miranda Voile App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Final Round
7. Celeste Miala App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Final Round

Dropped Out
Wendy Kenn App Round 1
Daniel Erikson App Round 1 Round 2
Maya Kingston App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3

Disqualified
Nadia Cornwell App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 - Missing Photo Shoot 1

Round 1: Outdoor Editorial and Swimsuit Photo shoot
Round 2: Couture Advertisement and Lingerie Photo shoot
Round 3: Magazine Cover – Atlethic/Sportswear Photo shoot
Final Round: To be determined

Round 1 Photo Shoots Countdown
Round 2 Photo Shoots Countdown
Round 3 Countdown
Final Round Countdown

Any donations would be greatly appreciated.

Aylar made by DiDi

This contest will run from (7/20/08 to 8/20/08 (30 days)
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 1:11 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 7.20.08
Ends 8.20.08
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 1:23 AM
Here and excited to get started so bring in those applications everyone!!

Remember all applications need to be pm'd to me and not posted into the thread...it is okay to say in the thread that you are going to enter and chat about the contest...just do not mention who your sims is....I do realize that in the end we will probably have a good idea of who belongs to who...each creator usually has their own style that shines through...but, lets try to keep as much a mystery as we can .

Applications will end on the 25th at 8:00 pm EST...hopefully with lots of contestants.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 1:28 AM
emergency judge please!

this sounds way cool.
#5 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 1:30 AM
im joining, i told you i would

when you mean the face must be concealed does that mean a mask from in game or photoshopped? and will it be like that every round?
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 1:30 AM
great grayx3eyedsoul will post you as EJ and thank you amd welcome to Concealed!
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 1:31 AM
Ashley, I am a photoshop freak so anything goes with photoshopping...it can be in-game also, it can be with your hands, hiding behind an object etc.

Ohhhhhhh and Ashley I am so happy you will be entering...my mind got wrapped around answering your question forgot to say how pleased I would be to have you in the contest!
#8 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 1:33 AM
oh awesome! i already have a simmie in mind
i really like the idea of it being a mystery-good thinking and very creative
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 1:35 AM
Thanks Ashley, it is going to be fun and interesting to see how each person conceals a portion of their sims faces each round and for each photo.

By the way at least half the face has to be concealed in each photo and for applications.

Important Note:

No submitting thumbnails with links to your photos....please submit your full photo submission to me without links of any kind.
Instructor
#10 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 1:41 AM
Haha, I was juuust about to ask how much of one's face needed to be concealed.
:3 I'm entering this~! I'll PM you my application soon.

Feel free to PM me with any requests you may have~!
deviantART | Cosplay.com | GardenOfShadows
#11 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 1:45 AM
yay-competing with Jill
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 1:46 AM
grins....great Jill...ohhhhhh wonderful Jill and Ashley it is going to be a fun and great contest!!
Instructor
#13 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 1:51 AM
:3 Yep! A great contest with great competition and great people.
XD; Now, if only Bodyshop'd load. *kicks my computer*

Feel free to PM me with any requests you may have~!
deviantART | Cosplay.com | GardenOfShadows
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 1:59 AM
Be back in a little bit, going to have dinner and then watch "Next Food Network Star" .

Peeks back in to see what is happening and if there are any applicants or questions.
#15 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 5:06 AM
whooo this harder than i expected lol. u deffinately got work cut out for me DiDi, but its really fun trying to make them sort of hidden. i just didnt like how my ideas are turning out.

*goes back and tries again*
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 5:18 AM
I am sure that you are going to do fantastic Ashley...well, everyone loves a challenge right? Lol...I can't wait to see what you come up with . If it helps pretty much all of the rounds the background will be provided for you so, you can just think about the pose, outfit and concealment....I know not much but, one less thing you all have to worry about.
Instructor
#17 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 5:27 AM
Wow, I'm glad this went through! Sounds really fun.
I'm not exactly thinking of entering.. So I'll lurk..

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 5:31 AM
Janne you are welcome to lurk ...I do a lot of that myself...you could always think of being a judge?
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 5:33 AM
Default Nadia Cornwell - Application
Name: Nadia Cornwell

Original Poster
#20 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 4:52 PM
999rozes - Your sims is gorgeous and what a great job concealing......there is only one problem, all applications, entries, and later on round submission need to be pm'd to me instead of posting in the public thread. That way the identity of the creator is hidden. If you quickly delete the thread so not too many have seen who created your sims and pm her photo and info to me so I can post it .

Good morning everyone! I would just like to mention that my pm inbox is empty with not an application to be seen .
Field Researcher
#21 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 8:01 PM
This contest seems like a lot of fun! I'm definately going to try to enter. Just a quick question: what exactly is simposing?

"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
-Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Yearbook
Theorist
#22 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 10:05 PM
Simposing is creating poses by using a program called Simpose.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 10:31 PM
Ah, thank you. Heh, I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff...xD

"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
-Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Yearbook
Field Researcher
#24 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 10:47 PM
DiDi I pmed my appie to u ^_^
Original Poster
#25 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 12:21 AM
Hey there Essa ...thanks hun for fielding that question.

999Rozes - thanks!

Page 1 of 12