Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 10:09 PM
Default The Greatest Family Ever - Winner ANNOUNCED!!!
This contest belongs in Other.

Every neighborhood has one. That family. They're genuinely friendly, outgoing, and all-around great. They have the best cookouts, the most friends, even the cutest pets, and everyone wants to be near them. The greatest family ever is not necessarily the biggest family, or the perfect nuclear family, or the one with the spotless house and gorgeous garden. But there is something about them.

In this contest, you will enter a family consisting of at least one adult and at least one child. This family is considered the coolest around by everyone, but it's up to you to figure out why. Keep in mind that even the greatest family ever is not perfect. Throughout this contest, you will explore its best aspects and its flaws. To win, you must prove that it's truly the greatest family ever.

NOTE: I know it's back-to-school time, and everyone is busy with RL responsibilities, but please note that every round will encompass a weekend. That should help if you're worried about having enough time to participate.

Rules and Guidelines

1. Follow all S2C contest guidelines. This includes sim-stealing, which in turn includes sim-tweaking.

2. You must enter a family. This means at least one parent and at least one offspring of any race/species.

3. Parents do not have to be biological or even “legal” parents, but they must be parent figures and must be adults. Offspring must be infants, toddlers, children, or teens. All gender configurations are fine, but one child (at least) must be old enough to attend school. Pets are allowed.

4. Photoshopping is permitted provided it is minimal and tasteful, but mad Photoshop skillz are not required.

Scoring, Elimination, Etc.

Contestants with the lowest round scores will be eliminated each round except the application round. Failure to submit an entry for any round prior to its deadline is also grounds for elimination, but you knew that.

You mainly will be judged on creativity/originality, storyline, and how well you portray your family's greatness. You will NOT be judged on beauty or Photoshopping in any of the rounds. At some point, there will be at least one optional bonus task, which can add up to five points to your round score if completed.

Prizes

(click me!)

Additional prize donations from others are very welcome.

Rounds

Applications – Who Are You?
Round 1 – The Headmaster Scenario | Scores & Comments
Round 2 – It Takes a Village | Scores & Comments
Round 3 – Me, Myself, and I | Scores & Comments
Round 4 – Something Special | Scores & Comments

Judges

If you'd like to be a judge, please PM me!

1. cavilez1987
2. Nirvana
3. GiipsySimKittyn
4. PETCHY14

Emergency Judges

1. coldfloral
2. J@zziiB3@r
3. Daisie

Application Round

Who Are You?

Please include the name, age, and one occupation/hobby of each family member in some kind of bulleted form. Then sum up in one or two sentences why your family is the greatest ever.

Please include one posed group shot of the entire family and two free shots that give us a glimpse of life with the family. Each family member must be in at least ONE of the free shots.

This is a total of three images.

Contestants

1. Gustav Family | R1 | R2 | R3 | R4
2. Lauren Family | R1 | R2 | R3 | R4
3. Grey Family | R1 | R2 | R3 | R4

4. Leska Family | Disqualified
5. Hudson Family | R1 | Dropped Out
6. Viper Family | R1 | Disqualified
7. Logan Family | R1 | Disqualified
8. Reed Family | R1 | Disqualified
9. LaRue Family | R1 | R2 | Disqualified
10. Fairbanks Family | R1 | R2 | R3 | Dropped Out

Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 1:35 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 9.22.08
Ends 10.22.08
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 1:46 AM
I'm here, and excited to get started! Please post applications and any questions you have.

Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 8:01 PM
oooh this sound like fun! can i ask when apps close?

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 8:05 PM
I am definitely in this sound so much fun!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 9:25 PM
Apps most likely be open during the first round, but if we have a sudden deluge of entries before then, they'll close 8PM EST on the 26th.

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 9:27 PM
Ok, I just made my family, and i'll do the pictures tomorrow :D

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 9:29 PM
Sounds great.

Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 2:53 AM
And can I ask how long rounds will be? Given a sudden and violent deluge of homework, I can only do simmy stuff on weekends... so will every round encompass a weekend? And for my purposes, fridays are not weekends.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 8:57 PM
Yes. Thanks to a stroke of good fortune, all rounds will last from 3ishPM Friday to 8PM Tuesday.

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 10:19 PM
Oooooh. I wanna enter.
I want someone else to post their application first though since I'm new to this and don't know exactly how it should look.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 8:21 PM
Hey apps don't close before late saturday/sunday do they? If not i'll have mine up then.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 9:05 PM
That should be fine.

Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 10:51 PM
I am planning on joining. This would be my first contest! I am so excited!
EDIT: would it be ok if the "parent" is an elder with adopted children?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 11:03 PM
As long as the children are toddlers, kids, or teens, then that should be fine.

Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 11:06 PM
Thanks, ill get my app in!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 11:50 PM
Uuuuuugh fine I'll apply first. I'm new to this so if I do something wrong tell me and I'll fix it.

Name - Darien LaRue
Age - 20
Kindhearted Darien enjoys cooking; he's vegan despite being a vampire, and knows lots of innovative recipes to make the soy product taste like the real thing.

Name - Heather LaRue
Age - 26
Sultry vampiress Heather enjoys collecting guns, burlesque dancing, and lightheartedly teasing Darien for his innocence and naivete.

Name - Hayley LaRue
Age - 7
Adopted child Hayley loves Hello Kitty more than anything else in the world, but secretly wishes her pacifist father would allow her to play with toy guns.

Opposites often attract, but do they stay together? Darien the shy, innocent and slightly hippie-ish pacifist and Heather the trigger-happy sultry stripper are determined to prove that they do, not to mention that they manage juggling blood-drinking with child-rearing after adopting their daughter Hayley. Therefore the LaRues are the greatest family ever.

Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 2:30 AM
The Viper family.
Rose Viper: age 29, Piano tuner. Rose is the mother of 2 sets of triplets. She has been married to her High school sweetheart for 8 years and loves to cook and clean.

Maxwell Viper: age 30, Law firm receptionist. Max has a passion for law and music. He works in the law business and is hoping to become a town legend by reaching the top of his career.

The child age triplets: Ryan, Robyn and Rhonda, age 8. The girls love school and want to be scientists. Ryan however wants to be a Judge. They love there 3 little siblings and they all hope to also have big familys of their own.

The toddler triplets: Matt, Michael and Miranda, age 2. The toddlers are all very interested in making noise and music. Their favorite toys are the xylophone, shape sorter and the toilet [but we try to keep them out of bathrooms. ]

The dogs: The adult dogs are Noodles and Emily. They have 3 puppies, Zac, Nina and Katie.

The Vipers are the "owners" of Viper Canyon. But that is not why they are the greatest family. They are a nice caring and all around friendly family. Rose and Max hope to raise their children to have the same qualitiesand values they had growing up as the heirs of Viper Canyon!

I hope this is ok. If something is wrong please tell me! This is my first contest. :ele:
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 3:12 AM
Apps look great, guys!

goddessmoon
, I had in mind free shots that showed the family's everyday life, rather than what happened the day they tried to take the posed shot, but your pictures are too funny. You can go ahead and leave them, as apps aren't going to be scored.

Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 1:11 PM
Ok thanks. The sad part is the issues were NOT at all on purpose. My sims just cant behave.
I also have 3 other pics with the dogs, can i post those?
#21 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 8:26 PM
I might try and get an application in. I just redownloaded my game.
Scholar
#22 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 8:31 PM
Is it too late to apply? Because I really fancy doing this contest.
#23 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 10:08 PM
You can still apply, we've only gotten two applications, so please add in yours!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 10:11 PM
Definitely not too late to apply. I'd love to have you, and anyone else who's thinking about it.

I'm going to go ahead and post Round 1 tonight so we stay on schedule, but apps will stay open until we have enough.

Scholar
#25 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 10:12 PM
Okies, I'll try and post this weekend then. I'm still trying to decide how to do my family

Page 1 of 6