Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 5:59 AM
Default The Sims Next Top Model - Round 2 Up

Welcome to The Sims Next Top Model!

Requirements:
Your Sim must be a female Sim of any species, age adult or young adult. You must be able to pose your sims. Maxis-made animations are simply not good enough. I suggest eletrodj's cup of poses at modthesims2. Photoshop is permitted, but will not earn you extra points. Each round will have a varying number of picture requirements, so be sure to check the round requirements. The story must be at least 8 sentences in length.

Rules:
Two entries per person maximum.
Only 14 contestants will be accepted into round one.

Judging:
50 pts per round.
20 pts. - Creativity of pose, background and lighting of Sim.
15 pts. - Beauty of Sim
15 pts. - Creativity of story

Judges:
1. Norikoann
2. alliemarie2323
3. DisastrousOne

EJs:
1. OMGnoWAY0752
2. amymnel

Contestants:
LouBarratt / Cherish Rogue
easypeaze / Cinnamon Taylor
pinkvampire / Abbey Celeste Cast
tikoymann / Aya Sato
singing Noel / Josephine Douglas
~x Starfire x~ / Neko Hikari
clw8 / Morgan King
dollyrot / Mena Black
Rawr Bunnii / Delany Quinn
Eat ToAst / Anastasia Petrova
sakyarami / Serina Welhaven
jutter / Sanne Nijhof
simcharley1990 / Zoey Koster
fransica / Sugar Monroe

Eliminated:
[Application Round]
1306 / Eleane Boschnovich
jj1010 / Ara Monroe
danirawr / Scarlet Cole
BeautifulLiar21 / Jayda Hinton
Raindrops757 / Susannah Garett
Lavitabella / Alicia "Leesh" Rodriguez
TRIriana / Greta Caporaso
gennaia / Eve Smithson
betterthanbarbiie / Lainey Preston
urt31 / Bhavnisha Singh
jewaukeela / Nichole Brass / Leila Swan
ktbcca / Kate Dailey
HyghTyme / Anita Harjo / Jenna Mason
lilliandulciaa / Sophie Rose
cavilez1987 / Yvonne Thours
happyasabunny / Reese Larsh
Deatherella / Deborah Johnson / Julia Javelin

Rounds:
Application: "You Wanna Be On Top?" - Done
Round 1: "Beach & Boys" - In Progress
Round 2: "The Business of Couture"
Round 3: "International"
Round 4: Secret (based on international location)
Round 5: Secret (based on international location)
Round 6: Secret (based on international location)

Application Round:
April 10th to April 14th
CLOSED
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 4:18 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 4.8.09
Ends 5.8.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 6:50 PM
Checking in!

I'm so excited for my first contest!
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 7:10 PM
Default Application
Look who's been sitting in photobucket the past few days . . .

Head Shot

Full Body Shot

Hi, I'm Deborah Johnson but you can call me Rah since all my friends do, and I'm sure we're going to become great friends in the near future. I live in the Twin Cities where I work part-time as a model for a local agency and part-time as a dj for the top radio station. I've been doing catalog spreads and local department store ads since I was a small child. I really love the work. I'm hoping this competition will help me expand my horizons along with my career. When I'm not working, I'm either practicing poses in front of my mirror or hiding behind a book. Actually, I'm hiding behind a fashion magazine scanning pics to see what the top models do that I can emulate in my work.
I'm hoping that being on the runway will be a beneficial learning experience that I can use to improve my modelling skills and hopefully, someday, open up my own modelling agency.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 11:36 PM
Well I've never judged before but I would love to judge this contest for you if you will have me.
#6 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 12:42 AM
May I be a contestant? Got my girl ready, not entirely sure what I am doing next if allowed to participate? Do I just upload my application here?
Forum Resident
#7 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 12:44 AM
Yep. It's the same if you were to just post pictures.

I might join this if I have time.
#8 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 12:59 AM
Default Application
Cherish Rogue

Headshot

Full Body Shot

Hey all. Well, what is there to say about me? I guess we could start with where I work. I am currently working as a barmaid for my parents. Yes I am a 20 something year old still living with her folks but I'm hoping that will change if my modelling career takes off soon, hopefully this contest will open up a whole new chapter in my life. Please don't judge me as someone I am not though, I am far from your average 'Bitchy would do anything to be famous' girls. For a start I would always prefer to stay in and play games on my computer with a nice glass of wine, to going out clubbing every other night. I also prefer to stay single until the right man comes along for me. The main reason I wanted to be in this contest is to somehow make something more of my life then being stuck in a dead end bar in a small village here in the UK. I just want to do my ma and pa proud as they have been so good to me over the years.
Scholar
#9 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 1:06 AM
That is a very good entry so far, LB. I like your bio.

4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
#10 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deatherella
That is a very good entry so far, LB. I like your bio.

Thank you, I really didn't know if I was doing it right but happy I am...wish I read what pics I needed first before taking these two then coming out of the game lol. Never mind, will catch up tomorrow .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 1:45 AM
Alright! Two apps! Sure, Norikoann, I'll add you to the judges list now. :]
Field Researcher
#12 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 2:36 AM
Default The Sims Next Top Model Application
-Application-

Hi, I'm Reese Larsh, some people call me Reeses and yes like a Reeses Peanut butter Cup. I'm 22 years old and live in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I am a law student at U of M's (University of Michigan's) Law School. I am studying to be in business law. When I'm not at school though, I am trying to get jobs as a model. It really hasn't worked out for me so I'm hoping that this opportunity will help me become the model, that I have always wanted to be. I was severely overweight as a child, in my late teens I started to eat better and exercise. I have finally lost all the weight that I needed to lose to be healthy. Even if I don't make it very far I feel like I have learned that with hard work I can accomplish anything, even if that means just making it through the application round.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 2:42 AM
Boy...oh boy...oh boy would I love to join this, but I'm already in two contests right now. We'll see. I probably will anyways.

^_^
Scholar
#14 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by singing_Noel
Boy...oh boy...oh boy would I love to join this, but I'm already in two contests right now. We'll see. I probably will anyways.

^_^

heck, I never let that stop me

Field Researcher
#15 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 4:02 AM
Default Application
Cinnamon Taylor

Headshot

Bodyshot

Hi! My name is Cinnamon Taylor. I quit school at 17, yeah not my brightest moment. On my journey through life, i've done many things but the one thing that I have been doing that I absolutely love is being a promotion girl. I go to local bars and promote certain alcohol and new types of drinks! I make decent money, but I hunger for more, which is odd because quite frankly i've never been an overachiever at anything! I really would like to finish my education at somepoint. Right now I just need to survive and I'm hoping that this will take me where I want to go. I want to be famous not just known around town but superstar famous. I'm so over not having a place to call my own and I'm so looking foward to never sleeping on a couch again. I'm 21, and live from place to place, currently rooming with a co-worker of mine and she lives Los Angeles, California.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 4:06 AM
Hmm I think I'll join, that ok?

LouBarratt: Nice App, her name is so unique; I like it.
Deatherella: No kidding, I've been looking at all the contests and you are in like half of them!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 5:13 AM
Headshot

Bodyshot

Hi, my name is Abbey Celeste Cast, I just graduated last year and skipped collage. If I had went I would have went for a degree in the Arts.
I moved to the U.S three years ago from Brisbane Australia and currently live in Austin, TX.
Most people think it's odd how an Australian could be so pale as myself, however I like being inside reading or something of that nature.
I work part-time at an aquarium, feeding fish.
Not at all glamorous but we sometimes don't get to choose our jobs. I was blessed to have someone help me get the job, and I'm a hard worker let me tell you.
I'm not a total girly-girl and I'll get my hands dirty for the job.

x

Forum Resident
#18 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 5:18 AM
Oh, Celeste is so cute!
We have something in common- Australians who are pale :P

I'll definitely be entering this. Making my application entry now.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 5:23 AM
haha thank you very much danirawr!
#20 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 5:32 AM
May I join? (Can't do anything today lol, just patiently waiting for easter) :D

Headshot

Bodyshot

Konnichiwa, my name is Aya Sato, I am Japanese so please forgive my English. I'm a full time college student, with a degree in Nursing. I want to be a nurse someday because I like to help other people. My mom is my idol, she's a lawyer and she works really hard to serve the right people. I'm testing my luck on modeling to help my family's finances and because my siblings are still in high school. I am the eldest of us 3 children so I know that I must do my best to help my parents. Hopefully, I'll do a good job here and with less mistakes (I can get clumsy sometimes..) So yeah, good luck to me! Arigatou!
Forum Resident
#21 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 5:51 AM
Scarlet Cole

Headshot

Bodyshot

I’m Scarlet and I’m 19 years old. I applied for Next Top Model to make something of my life. I’ve always enjoyed posing and being the centre of attention. I currently work as a professional piercer at a tattoo parlour downtown, and while I love it, I know I don’t want to be doing it for the rest of my life. I know that I don’t have much experience, nor do I look like your typical supermodel. I am a perfectionist to a fault and a quick learner though, so I’m just I will improve as I progress through the competition. My top priority is not to make friends. That said, I do hope that I can become close to some of the other girls in the competition. I definitely won’t be the ruthless bitch who’ll do anything to win.
#22 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 6:21 AM
Application
This is my first time actually entering a contest, I'm excited :D

Sophie Rose

Headshot

Bodyshot

Hey! My name is much too hard for you Simlings to pronounce, so please call me Sophie Rose. I am 25 years old and I came here from the planet Xorbz on the new long distant space ship that my husband designed and built. On Xorbz a special Viewing Orb, or VO, lets us watch picture shows from a multitude of different planets. The first time I turned on my VO I flipped to the Sims channel, right to The Sims Next Top Model, and instantly fell in love with the show! That is why my husband built the space ship, so that I can be on the show! Even before our relationship, he was always telling me that I could be a model. Also, I have a three year old daughter who is very excited to see her mommy on the VO and I hope I make her proud. Win or lose, I know I will always have my family to go back to.

My profile shot has a different hair style than the other pictures because her hair style in the other two make it really hard to see her face. You can see her nose and chin and that's basically it. However, I did take a profile shot with that hair style, so please tell me if they have to all have the same hair style and I'll switch it.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 6:26 AM
Headshot

Bodyshot

Hello my name is Yvonne Thours. I am 24 years old and I recently started modeling. I used to be a lifeguard at The Keep (just a big giant beach on the edge of a cove), when I was approached by a few people that told me I should consider modeling. I gave it a shot and so far it's been going very well. I can be shy at times, so you might have to bare with me on that one. Once I open, I can talk your head off. I recently got a divorce and can I say that I am so glad that that part of my life is now over. My ex and I were high school sweethearts and we knew it wouldn't work out, but being the naive kids we were, we said what the hell. Well that didn't get us very far, now did it. I am not yet ready to settle down after that, but in due time.

Everyone's entries look great!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 7:26 AM
Default Anita Harjo - Application
Hm... how to start? With the basics, I suppose.

My name is Anita Harjo. I'm twenty three years old and I work as a computer programmer. I'm Creek Native American (I can't stand the term Indian - my best friend is from New Dehli, and we agree that it's incredibly confusing.), and I'm very proud of my heritage.

I entered this contest on a dare, but I now intend to go through with it, and to go all the way. Think about it: how many Native American models are there? In a weird way, my winning this competition would be a step forward for my people, a step into the public consciousness. I've got my friends and family behind me, and I intend to win both for them and for myself.

(Fun Fact: I got the last name Harjo from the amazing poet Joy Harjo. Go read this if you're into poetry.)
Scholar
#25 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 8:03 AM
Whoah!
I just re-read the rules and have a question: Are we getting judged on the background of our ap pics? I just noticed that on the list of judging criteria and don't know if it pertains to applications. I'm so used to modelling contests where you have a solid color (white) background that I put my Sim up against a white wall and floor out of habit.

Page 1 of 17