Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 8:02 PM
Default Maxis Home Makeover: Final Edition//CLOSED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST

WELCOME to the final season of MHM, where we turn a average-joe Maxian home into a fab abode.

For this extra special season, we will visit not one, not two, but FOUR neighborhoods (Veronaville, Riverblossom Hills, Desiderata Valley and Belladonna Cove). It's going to be a tough ride, for the houses we visit are getting BIGGER and BIGGER and BIGGER...

I. House Rules
NOTE: You need the following EPs: Seasons, FreeTime, Apartment Life. If you lack one or two of these EPs, read this for more information.

1. There will be no eliminations.
2. You may do anything with both the interior floorplan and the exterior structure.
3. There is no budget for the house.
4. JUDGES: Please submit scores within 2 days of getting my PM. EJs must be able to judge within a 24 hour period.
5. You will need 1exterior shot, 1 aerial shot/floor, and at least FOUR interior shots. They must not exceed 650x550.
6. Don't forget to add descriptions.

II. List of Allowed CC

</p>
  • Maxis recolors (both for buy and build mode)
  • Maxis Match items (and their recolors),
  • Life Stories (and other Stories-to-Sims 2) items
  • OMSPs
  • Pre-Order items
  • Lost and Found stuff,
  • official Maxis downloads (US and International)
  • Sims 2 Store items
  • walls and floors.

PM me if you would like to donate a prize...

Judges (Post if you want to judge)

1. Kyle
2. HyghTyme
3. Cheese

Emergency Judges

1. duderocks
2. alliemarie2323

Quote:
Application Round:

Do ONE of the following:

1. Build a house using only the items in the allowed CC list (aside from Maxis items, of course)
-Any style
-Lot sizes allowed: 2x2, 2x3, 3x2, 3x3

OR

2. Remodel ANY of the Base Game Lot Bin Houses

Format:

• Title of Lot Bin house (if you do #2)
  • Lot Size (both #1 and #2)
  • EPs and SPs you have
  • Exterior Shot (1)
  • Top-Down (1 per floor)
  • Interior Shots (at least 4)
  • List of CC used (except for walls and floors)
  • *Please add descriptions...

Rounds ends on May 4, 12:00 AM Philippine Time
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 11:59 PM
Contest Approved
Begins 4.27.09
Ends 5.27.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 6:20 AM
I'm in, let's make this final round worth it.

1. ajaacooly APP
2. CiaoAlora APP

...And so on...
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 6:30 AM
Count me in, I'll apply in a little while.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 6:30 AM
May I be a judge? I love the Idea but I am not much of a builder :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 6:32 AM
Sure, I'll add you to the list.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 8:53 AM
May I judge as well?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 11:34 AM
May I please be a judge too?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 1:12 PM
& I'll be an EJ, if you'd like

Just Call Me Allie :)
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 1:53 PM
Okay, all judging slots are filled. Let's get the apps rollin'
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by duderocks
Okay, all judging slots are filled. Let's get the apps rollin'

Perhaps the problem is the sheer size of the assignment?
Inventor
#12 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 10:17 PM
Yeah, and maybe all the ep's needed?
Scholar
#13 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 12:42 AM
Yeah... I would join: If I had FreeTime and AL...... I have for some reason never purchased either, though I have all the rest.

However, having participated in another contest on here a couple months ago, that was practically the same thing, I must say that it is a fun contest idea though.

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 4:11 AM
1, You need the EPs to get all the neighborhoods for the contest (If I were allowed to make more cycles of this contest, I would have each hood as one cycle, just like what I did to PV and ST).
2. You don't have to retain the size of the original house. If you want to make the house smaller to make it easier, go ahead (as long as it is built on the original lot).
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 9:05 AM
Default Please Read
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: I made a complete overhaul of the Application Round, to make it easier for anyone interested to join. Please see the 1st post for details.
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 11:03 AM
Aw, man I just finished taking photos of what I did for the original application, then I see the changes... But that's okay, this new application requirements sound really fun too, and its easier for everyone too apply, k I'll be back.XD
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 11:31 PM
dude,

Hi. This looks like a super fun contest, and I'm considering joining. I do have some time restrictions, though. Is the workload for each round going to be more similar to the new application requirements or the old, would you say? Thanks!

Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st May 2009 at 3:56 AM
More or less in the middle, although more on the new app requirements. Half of the rounds will be on remodeling, the other half will be on building a house from scratch.
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st May 2009 at 8:03 AM
Default ajaacooly- Family Farmhouse (application)
Hello there, here is my application, I'm excited to partake in this competition because of the challenge it gives me. I decided to remodel Family Farm house from the lot bin. It has 4 bedrooms and 3 baths. As a family home I wanted it to feel warm and comfortable.

I alternated between siding and masonry to make it look, stable and strong but cozy, as if it would withstand whatever weather that's thrown at it.

side exterior view

The hallway- the first thing you see if you were to enter this house, doesn't just say 'home.'

alternate view

The living room- No television here. Why? There's no room for it, nope just cozy chair and love-seat there to cuddle up in front of the large stone fireplace. This area is for the family to have there conversations and family moments.

The dining area- I was determined to make this room bright, colorful and full of light. Since a sim family would spend a lot of time in this room.
alternate view

The kitchen- old fashion all the way. Some say that old fashion kitchen appliances are better than modern.

Once you reach the top floor you are greeted by this small entertainment area. Kick back and watch TV.

The master bedroom- this bedroom can found upstairs. With its own little nook, a couple could spend a lot of time in here.
master bathroom

bedroom 2
ground floor
top floor

CC used:
Maxis-match plants by mustke
counter and window recolors by piggi sims
curtains and fence by holy simoly
fence by spaik

everything else is all maxis, I have all of the EPs and SPs. I may be back to edit this.
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st May 2009 at 8:17 AM
Fabulous app, ajaacooly. Don't forget to list all the EPs and SPs you have.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 2nd May 2009 at 8:19 AM
Default CiaoAlora, App
Ranch Retreat
Lot Size 3 x 2
I have all the EPs and SPs

Exterior Shot:

The ranch retreat warped into a farm style house, complete with a silo style addition! Shed style additions were also added onto the front to create an inviting entry way and onto the back of the house. The grounds have a working orchard and gardening plots, and a new green house to get the garden started properly.

Top-Down:

The layout was opened up inside, and a few areas were enlarged to improve the flow of the house.

Interior Shots:

The first impression is the most important, so when entering this home, you are greeted by the massive stone fireplace and a cozy seating area.

Miss-matched seating, in coordinating fabrics make this seating group cozy and inviting.

The large kitchen is open to the rest of the living area, and would be a great place for entertaining guests with it's central island.

The dining room accommodates a very large farm table, and has fabulous double doors leading out to the orchards.

The largest bedroom is a relaxing space with its cool blue palette and cozy double bed. The room also features a built-in closet for added storage.

The bathroom has a clawfoot bathtub and as an added bonus, a double vanity!

The second bedroom is just right as an office or perhaps an art studio.

List of CC used:
Seasons match windows and white recolor
Counter recolor
Bed and bedding recolor
Quilt recolor
Matching 3-tile dining table
Matching 1-tile curtain
Matching picture frames on mantel
Picture recolor in bathroom
Matching Ikea ottoman
Matching end table
Matching Pets EP flower plants
Matching potted geraniums (non-hanging)
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd May 2009 at 9:33 AM
Great app, CiaoAlora. I especially love the exterior.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 2nd May 2009 at 10:54 AM
This looks like a great competition, the only problem is I don't have the eps necessary. If there was a way that I could still enter, I would love to join.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd May 2009 at 12:51 PM
NOTE: Since a lot of people have expressed the interest to join, but don't have the required EPs, I will make some changes.

If you don't have the EPs required for Rounds 2, 3 and/or 4 (which will need Seasons, FT and AL, respectively), you may still join, although you will have to build a house from scratch, following the same rules. The lot size will be provided along with the round info.

Example: You have Seasons and AL, but not FT. For the 2nd and 4th round, you will remodel the house. However for the 3rd round, since you don't have FT, you will need to build a house from scratch, given the requirements in the round information. Other cases follow the same principle.

YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE OF THE REQUIRED EPs TO JOIN!!!

Hope this makes it clear.

2nd note: Applications will extend to Round 1, given that we only have two apps and the deadline is coming closer.
Scholar
#25 Old 2nd May 2009 at 6:12 PM
Hey,
Well, I still have 3 entries in other contests that need posting up...
And have a tight, jampacked weekend kinda, or atleast today has been compressed, because of an SAT test, but, if I have time or what not, I will join this contest... however unless I come into money all of a sudden, and then drive over to WalMart, I will be participating with just Seasons...

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.

Page 1 of 2